RACK the Padres young pitching staff...

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

RACK the Padres young pitching staff...

Post by Mikey »

...especially, right now, Mat Latos.

Last weekend he pitched 8 innings, 2 hits, no runs, no walks, 9 Ks, and struck out the side in the 8th. Today he came within about 6 inches of a perfect game, the only hit being an infield single that bounced off his leg and the throw to first from Headly was barely late. Oh yeah, he drove in the only run today and had two doubles in his last game.

MLB leading 2.61 team ERA. 8 shutouts, 3 more than any other team.

Who are these guys? Can it last?

1. M Latos
2. J Garland
3. C Richard
4. K Correia
5. W LeBlanc
6. T Stauffer
7. L Gregerson
8. M Adams
9. H Bell
10. E Mujica
11. S Gallagher
12. C Young
13. A Russell
14. R Webb
15. C Ramos
16. J Thatcher
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Re: RACK the Padres young pitching staff...

Post by trev »

I wonder if it can last too.

But they have been playing some good teams.

Pretty impressive.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

6-0 against the Gnats so far this season. Can't seem to beat the Fucking Dodgers, though.

If they could win evey game against the Fucking Dodgers I wouldn't mind so much if they went winless all the other teams.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

So I tune into the MLB network just now. Leblanc has a no hitter going thru 5 in a 0-0 game. A walk, a sac bunt, and then Russel Martin hits a screaming line drive that almost takes the pitchers head off. 1-0 Dodgers.

Read where Kevin Corriea was on the bereavement list after his brother died in a rock climbing accident and then comes back and pitches last night. That's tough.

I don't usually care much about NL teams and how they're doing other than how it might relate to my fantasy team, but it's hard not to like the Padres.

And Rack those cool as shit camo uniforms they're wearing today. If I was a Padfan, Mikey, I'd have to rush out and buy one of them.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They wear those unis every Sunday home game, and onMemorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day. They bring in hundreds of Marine recruits from MCRD, which is close by, for those games as well.

Edit: 1-0 final. We've got some great young pitching but the team can't hit for shit.