Medals

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Medals

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

What is the highest military decoration you or a family member have attained.

You can go as far back as your grandparents.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Re: Medals

Post by mvscal »

My grandfather earned a Bronze Star with 'V' device, the CIB and one of the few to have both Pacific and European Campaign ribbons in WW2.

I have the Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster and Southwest Asia Campaign Ribbon with two stars. My dad (another ADA pogue) has a Meritorious Service Medal and Army Commendation with oak leaf cluster.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

My dad served in the Phillipines as an amphibian tractor driver with the 672nd Amphibious bn in WWII. He played a small roll in The Raid At Los Banos as one of the drivers of the rescue vehicles that ferried the prisoners to safety. Considered to be one of the most successful raids in modern military history. I don't know if my dad got a medal for that but it's in the history books.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Don't be shy, Barf. You probably got something besides the clap from Vietnam.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

mvscal wrote:Don't be shy, Barf. You probably got something besides the clap from Vietnam.
i thought we did this not long ago and you complimented me on doing what i had to do while keeping my head down.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I don't recall if we did. You have to have a CIB at least.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

complimented me on doing what i had to do while keeping my head down.
- Mrs. Vogel
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

haha poptard
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

According to my DD214, I received a Humanitarian Service Medal (for filling sandbags in SLC after a flood, although I never filled one), Good Conduct Medal w/ 1 Oak Leaf Cluster, Outstanding Unit Award, Overseas Service Short Ribbon, Longevity Service Award Ribbon, Training Ribbon.

Basically, nothing.
"I see everything twice!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

My DD214 shows I had an honorable discharge.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

First place medal for the 100 meter freestyle in the 1995 Las Vegas Corporate Challenge.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Honorable discharge and an Article 15. Do they count ?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Father, bronze star with V device. He was put in for the Silver Star for actions during an attempted fragging of a senior officer in the battalion messhall where a hand grenade was thrown in during the evening meal. My dad flipped over a table to get at the 'nade, grabbed it, and threw it out an open window from his knees. It exploded in an airburst moments after it cleared the window and injured a cook who was outside.

He told us later when he came home that it was entirely instinctive, no heroics intended at the time and that everything slowed down to quarter speed. He saw the grenade bounce, and then roll under the table next to his, and hit the deck to grab it. Guys later said he pushed his chair back, flipped the table over which stopped the motion of the grenade, dove next to it, and chucked the thing in one fluid movement out the window about 5 feet away.

Turned out that the soldier who pulled the pin on it was on a bad trip from some acid he took and wasn't aware of what he had done after they sorted everything out.

I distinctly remember my mom being pissed at my dad for pulling a stunt like that.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

mvscal wrote:I don't recall if we did. You have to have a CIB at least.
I have the standard array of survivor medals from Vietnam service. CIB after a couple months, Army Commendation Medal - meritorious after four months, Bronze Star - meritorious after eight months. No "V" devices. Also was awarded the Air Medal for meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight. A hot LZ April 13th 1969. I was 'awarded' the rank of sergeant E-5 in march 69 thru a blank allocation (no testing neccessary). Served a full 365 tour 7/19/68 to 7/19/69 and watched the first lunar landing on tv my first full day back in the world :D
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

One NAM (navy achievement medal). I'd like to say i did something worthwhile to earn it, but, it was mostly for taking part in 2 boondoggles to pearl harbor. somebody in the navy should have been court martialed for that shameless waste of tax dollars.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Other than the standard rubberstamp warzone stuff, I received the Navy/Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal and the Secretary of Energy Conservation Award.

My ship received the Conservation Award because we got bored on a WestPac tour and began charting fuel consumption and equipment configurations. Hardly rocket science, but no one had ever bothered before. Over the course of the WestPac we saved millions of gallons of fuel.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I never served, but I regularly protested the Viet Nam War. I did have a discharge. I’m pretty sure it came from the hot little blond with the big tits.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Goober McTuber wrote:I did have a discharge. I’m pretty sure it came from the hot little blond with the big tits.
Sounds dishonorable.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Medals and decorations are nice, but all 3 of the boys in or were in the Marine Corps say the awards and shit are complete bullshit.

Not demeaning any of your awards for what ever, but serving in a combat zone with no award, getting shot at and all seems to say more than the awards and cabbage to wear.

Thank you to each of the veterans on here for your service, I am not one of them. Just your service is more than my partying ass did back in days when Nam was winding down. My father went ashore at Normandy, got shot at, and lived and came home. He had a few of the usual awards and ribbons, but was just glad to get home alive.

We have a whole new generation of veterans these days, a lot smaller in numbers but not in importance.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Derron wrote:Medals and decorations are nice, but all 3 of the boys in or were in the Marine Corps say the awards and shit are complete bullshit.

Not demeaning any of your awards for what ever, but serving in a combat zone with no award, getting shot at and all seems to say more than the awards and cabbage to wear.
If you see an Army troop in Class A, you can tell at a glance if he's been in combat, where, with whom and for how long.

The troops know which awards, badges or patches are gimmes and which ones deserve genuine respect. To say that they're all complete bullshit is...well, complete bullshit and sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Not to say that politics doesn't enter into it. Medal inflation indexed to pay grade is no recent phenomenon.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Whatyoutalkinaboutmvscal??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
Derron wrote:Medals and decorations are nice, but all 3 of the boys in or were in the Marine Corps say the awards and shit are complete bullshit.

If you see an Army troop in Class A, you can tell at a glance if he's been in combat, where, with whom and for how long.

The troops know which awards, badges or patches are gimmes and which ones deserve genuine respect. To say that they're all complete bullshit is...well, complete bullshit and sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Not to say that politics doesn't enter into it. Medal inflation indexed to pay grade is no recent phenomenon.
rack, especially the part about medal inflation indexed to pay grade. the way it works in my reserve unit is e-6 below, do a decent job and they'll jam a NAM up your ass at some point. chiefs and officers, a NAM's pretty much an insult. they get navy coms for having a pulse. and the write ups on them....it's all you can do to keep from busting out laughing as they read off how lt cmdr bob did something and saved the navy half a million bucks...as a reservist. yeah, sure he did, skippy.

if you see an e-6 or below wearing a com, odds are he probably did do something worthy, or maybe he justs sucks the cock very well. if you see a senior chief or higher and he doesn't have a com, he's either unlucky or doesn't suck cock very well, or is a shitbag.

we have a young kid in my unit that just got back from playing prison guard in some shithole in iraq for the army. he's a second class (e-5) and the fukker actually managed to get an army com. he's a good kid, with a good attitude, but, easily the most full of shit person i ever met in my life. any way rack him.

and derron, i'd asy your draft dodging ass made up for your lack of service by raising 3 jarheads. rack you and them and semper fi.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote: he's a second class (e-5) and the fukker actually managed to get an army com. he's a good kid, with a good attitude, but, easily the most full of shit person i ever met in my life. any way rack him.
That's a pretty standard award for an E5 in the Army. Unless you were a total fuckup after we got back from Desert Storm, the lower enlisted got AAMs, team chiefs (E5) and section sgts. (E6) got ARCOMs and platoon sgts got MSMs or Bronze Stars.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

i think the army might be a little looser with their hardware than the navy. or it could have been that you were coming back from an actual no shit shooting war (contrary to what colonel let's turd says). I would suspect that the medals flow a little more freely if the bullets are flying as well, which is as it should be. an e-5 that has had bullets whizzing over his dome rates a com over some LT that saved the DoD an imaginary 200K somewhere, imo.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote: an e-5 that has had bullets whizzing over his dome rates a com over some LT that saved the DoD an imaginary 200K somewhere, imo.
Yeah, but the E3 in the seat next to him gets an AAM for those same bullets whizzing over his dome.

It's all about politics, points and promotions. The difference between a Bronze Star with 'V' device and a DSC could very well boil down to how well connected your CO is or his more likely. I understood that and didn't really care since I had no intention of reupping.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

To illustrate mvscal's point, I was issued the National Defense Medal on day one of bootcamp, simply for being on active duty during wartime.

Yippee.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

I'd like to point out that I was drafted in feb 68 and resigned myself to make the best of a bad situation. I feel I did exactly that and got an early out to attend college after 22 months service.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

ImageImage
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

i wish we could go back to the good old days when most sailors left boot camp with NO medals.

this is as it should be. you are a fukking boot, you don't deserve a medal. we used to make fun of the other services who even then gave their boots something to wear on their chest.

another thing i don't get is medal ranking. i have a MUC (meritorious unit citation) which i received on active duty for being a member of the crew fo the JFK. A fukking geedunk medal if ever there was one, yet it rates higher than my good conduct and my sea service.

that's bullshit.

i earned the GC for 4 years of not getting caught doing anythin bad and my sea services for two med cruises. these both should rate higher than a fukking "i was there" bullshit medal. another one i don't get are sharpshooter ribbons. they are at the bottom of the rankings below a long list of shit medals. they should be high because you actually gotta fukkin' accomplish a defined goal to get them, not suck your chief's cahk.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

What's his forty time?

-Alcula

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Damn, he available?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Chris Pronger there shoulda never dropped the gloves.

upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Purple Heart , me , in Operation Just Cause. I'm still taking shit about it.
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

LK Pick jokes. Is that cool? Is that still cool?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

upstart wrote:Purple Heart , me , in Operation Just Cause. I'm still taking shit about it.
Taking shit about it? Why? Did you get shot in the ass?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
upstart wrote:Purple Heart , me , in Operation Just Cause. I'm still taking shit about it.
Taking shit about it? Why? Did you get shot in the ass?

Probably because that makes him one of the 3 guys to get injured in OJC.

Don't matter -- RACK all the vets regardless.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

That was a cool operation getting rid of some panamanian shitballs and there was alot more than 3 wounded of course. Anyone that finds themself in harms way serving thier country deserves a medal. Congratulations on that Purple Heart. Nice thing to have.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BarFlie wrote:Anyone that finds themself in harms way serving thier country deserves a medal.
Grammar finds itself in harm's way on your keyboard.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Martyred wrote:
BarFlie wrote:Anyone that finds themself in harms way serving thier country deserves a medal.
Grammar finds itself in harm's way on your keyboard.
Nice.