All things Masters

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: All things Masters

Post by smackaholic »

and it coulda been 17 after he yipped that put after the ridiculous approach shot on 13.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:rack the limey. classy guy.
no doubt-new found respect for him
he had every opportunity to fold the tents and he stayed tough...he'll win some majors
tiger, you watchin'?

take some fuggen notes you self centered pos.
what, and lose the title of being a totally classless fuckwit?

perish the thought

that shot by Phil on 13 was fucking ridiculous....one of the best shots I've seen under that kind of pressure....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I agree that the shot on 13 by Mickelson was just unbelievable, but was it a smart play? He seemed awfully close to the tree. He could have punched it down the hill, and got up and down for birdie (which is what he wound up with any way). But with the shot he took he could have dumped it in the water or the woods, and have really opened up the door for Westwood.

Still glad he took that shot and we got to see it, but he seemed to show coming down the stretch that he's incapable of dialing down his game to preserve a win (ie, the driver he hit on 11 - I think it was 11). Glad to see him win. And I gotta agree with whoever made note of the fact that Tiger's left front tooth no longer matches the rest of 'em, colorwise. Elin must have quite a touch to just remove one.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:I agree that the shot on 13 by Mickelson was just unbelievable, but was it a smart play? He seemed awfully close to the tree. He could have punched it down the hill, and got up and down for birdie (which is what he wound up with any way). But with the shot he took he could have dumped it in the water or the woods, and have really opened up the door for Westwood.

Still glad he took that shot and we got to see it, but he seemed to show coming down the stretch that he's incapable of dialing down his game to preserve a win (ie, the driver he hit on 11 - I think it was 11). Glad to see him win. And I gotta agree with whoever made note of the fact that Tiger's left front tooth no longer matches the rest of 'em, colorwise. Elin must have quite a touch to just remove one.
It turned to that it was the smart play. He was close to the tree, but he did say that he would have had to chip on the same line, so why not go for it. That's his game and I don't think you'll see him change his thinking.

On 11 he wasn't in the lead, so he was trying to make up strokes on the tougher (11 is one of the toughest) holes. I think going with a 3-wood off 18 is about as conservative as you'll see him go.

I mentioned the discolored tooth. RACK Elin.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

goobs makes a good point. it was an absolutely amazing gold shot, but when you consider how close it was to going in the creek, it was probably not a smart golf shot.

could be why until the last few years he was always the guy finishing second. golf course management is definitely a good skill to have. nicklaus was a master at it and might just have a little to do with him racking up the pile of majors he did.

anyway, smart or not, rack the fukk outta lefty. we watch this shit on tv just to see them make impossible shots, not smart ones.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: anyway, smart or not, rack the fukk outta lefty. we watch this shit on tv just to see them make impossible shots, not smart ones.
eggzactly....
get out, get out while there's still time