talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

McNabb on the verge of being traded..

Post by jiminphilly »

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq- ... table.html
McNabb to the Rams on the table
ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension. :lol:

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

A trade could happen quickly.

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: McNabb on the verge of being traded..

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I know you're ecstatic. Not only baseball season but this!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

That guy killed us time and time again. I will be ecstatic to see him go.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Awww, is it time to turn the page already?

Ok, later asshole.

So Jim, Kolb or Vick?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

velocet wrote:Awww, is it time to turn the page already?

Ok, later asshole.

So Jim, Kolb or Vick?

Kolb. Showed some potential when McNabb was out. He has a big arm and is apparently a quick study with the offense.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

DallasFanatic wrote:That guy killed us time and time again. I will be ecstatic to see him go.
Yep. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, dipshit.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:That trade makes no sense whatsoever for the Rams. They own the #1 pick and every sign points to them taking Bradford. The can push Bulger up to the LOS for a few games until Bradford goes there for good. MCNabb has what - maybe two seasons left in him at most?
I agree with you on this part. And reports are the Rams have asked to be quoted saying they outright deny this trade offer. However there are other reports that the Rams, Raiders, Bills and Cardinals have inquired about McNabb and Kolb.
This is just wishful thinking on the Eagles part
I'm not sure this originated from the Eagles either. They've admitted that they are listening to offers (which means they leaked word that McNabb was available) but shit like this usually comes from a reporter trying to ferret out the real offers that are on the table or agents looking to add value to their client.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

KC Scott wrote:None of the other teams on that list really make sense either - as neither the Bills or Raiders appears near playoff contention, much less Super Bowl bound.

The Smartest fit may have Been AZ - since they are a playoff team. But after naming Leinert starter and signing anderson, I don't think they're in the market
The Bills make sense for only one reason. They are 120 miles down the Thruway from McNabb's alma mater. So from the perspective of putting seats in the bleachers for a season, it makes some sense. And the Bills are not totally bereft of offensive talent. Their receiver corps is easily better than the group McNabb led to 3 straight NFC title games between 01 and 03. And the tandem of Jackson and Lynch in the backfield should be productive. And with the lockout coming in 2011, McNabb might be well advised to make a deal if only to get some guaranteed money in the bank for the coming lean times.

That being said, anybody who thinks they know what is going on in Ralph Wilson's 91 year old dome is a liar. Even he doesn't know. They could turn around and throw a 1st rounder at Philly. Hey, its not like their draft gurus would know how to use it. Or they could be trying to lowball. Or maybe the Bills will make a run a Vick like they have been rumored to want to do for the last year. God only knows with that team.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Rack Bsmack.

Bills fans might like that. There was a rumor that the Bills were going trade a safety and a pick to the 'skins for Campbell.
I looked in at a Bills message board and there looked like a good amount of support for that deal. Edwards and Fitzgerald do not appear to be well liked if Campbell looks good to them.

velocet
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sports radio out here is pointing to the 49ers. Singletary wants to win now and thinks he can with McNabb behind center. That sounds like the most interesting scenario.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

velocet wrote:Rack Bsmack.

Bills fans might like that. There was a rumor that the Bills were going trade a safety and a pick to the 'skins for Campbell.
I looked in at a Bills message board and there looked like a good amount of support for that deal. Edwards and Fitzgerald do not appear to be well liked if Campbell looks good to them.
They are quite properly hated around Western NY. They are so bad that even T.O. didn't have the heart to throw them under the bus. And really, what could he have said that everybody in Western NY doesn't already know? They are both noodle arms with limited pocket awareness. And they are products of the most dysfunctional front office this side of the Raiders. It is getting so bad in Buffalo that even I am starting to feel sorry for their fans.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Joe in PB wrote:Sports radio out here is pointing to the 49ers. Singletary wants to win now and thinks he can with McNabb behind center. That sounds like the most interesting scenario.
Though McNabb doesn't have a no-trade clause, he won't sign a long-term deal with Buffalo or Oakland (or so he says) so I doubt either team will trade for him if they have to give up a pick within the first 42 which is what the Eagles are asking for. The 49'ers make sense b/c they have first round picks and could surrender their second rounder without much harm but it seems like the franchise has made a commitment to Alex Smith especially by trading away Shaun Hill.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Alex Smith? Shaun Hill? What's the difference, a back up is a back up. :wink:

McNabb to the 49ers would all of a sudden add them as contenders. If Alex Smith is their QB they're still pretenders who can't win tough games on the road. The question is does the 49er front office understand this or even care?
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Joe in PB wrote:Alex Smith? Shaun Hill? What's the difference, a back up is a back up. :wink:

McNabb to the 49ers would all of a sudden add them as contenders. If Alex Smith is their QB they're still pretenders who can't win tough games on the road. The question is does the 49er front office understand this or even care?
Their GM is on leave... now would be the time for the Eagles to try and sell the 49ers a bag of magic beans.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:Sports radio out here is pointing to the 49ers. Singletary wants to win now and thinks he can with McNabb behind center. That sounds like the most interesting scenario.
Now that is interesting. That would be a good trade for the Niners. The division is a complete shambles. The Tards have lost too many quality players to free agency and retirement to be considered a contender (in the division).

At the very least, it should get them back into the playoffs.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

DallasFanatic wrote:That guy killed us time and time again. I will be ecstatic to see him go.
I resemble that remark. I hope he does well somewhere else.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Pretty shocking deal from both sides. Jim loves the deal, I don't know what to think. I think McNabb would be OK in a short term situation, looks like Jason Campbell is all but gonzo. Will the Skins still draft a QB? What about the OL? Intrigue abounds. Stones from Bruce Allen and Shanny?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Looks like danny Boy reied to purchase another expensive bandaid a la Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith. I don't think McNabb will be much of a facor with the redskins considering they are absolutely void of any decent talent on both sides of the ball. Having a potential rookie protecting his blind side and a crap running game adds up to one long season for Foreskin fan.

Would I have liked to see him traded outside our division? Heck yes, but I also hope to enjoy pummeling his facemask into the turf twice a year with that abortion of a franchise. Might a signing like this bring back GDub?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Redskins offered defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth in one of their first attempts to land McNabb, but that the Eagles were not interested.
:lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

DallasFanatic wrote:Looks like danny Boy reied to purchase another expensive bandaid a la Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith. I don't think McNabb will be much of a facor with the redskins considering they are absolutely void of any decent talent on both sides of the ball. Having a potential rookie protecting his blind side and a crap running game adds up to one long season for Foreskin fan.

Would I have liked to see him traded outside our division? Heck yes, but I also hope to enjoy pummeling his facemask into the turf twice a year with that abortion of a franchise. Might a signing like this bring back GDub?
Are you drunk or just mental? The Skins have a decent defense and now Andy Reid, fat tard, has just handed a division opponent a huge upgrade at the most important position on the field. They still have the #4 so they can go for quality or quantity in revamping the O line.

Regardless of what Reid, fat tard, thinks he has in Kolb this is a decision that is likely to come back and fuck him up his fat ass...twice.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:Are you drunk or just mental? The Skins have a decent defense and now Andy Reid, fat tard, has just handed a division opponent a huge upgrade at the most important position on the field. They still have the #4 so they can go for quality or quantity in revamping the O line.

Regardless of what Reid, fat tard, thinks he has in Kolb this is a decision that is likely to come back and fuck him up his fat ass...twice.
I don't think so- this is the REDSKINS we're talking about here. Dan Snyder could fuck up a wet dream. The Eagles have nothing to worry about.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

mvscal wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Looks like danny Boy reied to purchase another expensive bandaid a la Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith. I don't think McNabb will be much of a facor with the redskins considering they are absolutely void of any decent talent on both sides of the ball. Having a potential rookie protecting his blind side and a crap running game adds up to one long season for Foreskin fan.

Are you drunk or just mental? The Skins have a decent defense and now Andy Reid, fat tard, has just handed a division opponent a huge upgrade at the most important position on the field. They still have the #4 so they can go for quality or quantity in revamping the O line.

I wanted to see him leave the Eagles mv. You can throw Jesus himself in a redskins uniform and he will blow. So no better way of seeing a thorn in my ass traded to the most dysfunctional NFL franchise on planet freakin earth (besides the Raiders).
Last edited by DallasFanatic on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Glad the trade went through. I immediately thought of when Belicheat traded Bledsoe to Buffalo.. he knew Bledsoe's best days were behind him and I suspect the Eagles think just as much from McNabb. He'll put up some nice numbers for them but anything better than a .500 record will be a miracle with that franchise.

For the Iggles, the Kolb experiment finally begins. The Eagles traded away leadership in Brown and experience in McNabb and have mostly youth which isn't a bad thing since they still have skilled players in key positions. I think they're looking to move up in the draft and many recent articles say to expect a lot of movement on the first night of the draft.

As for McNabb, I hope he has a few decent years with the Redskins and his highlight film with the Eagles is memorable to say the least but it also containes some notable failures and choke jobs which can't be forgotten when you start to think back over his career.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

jiminphilly wrote:As for McNabb, I hope he has a few decent years with the Redskins and his highlight film with the Eagles is memorable to say the least but it also containes some notable failures and choke jobs which can't be forgotten when you start to think back over his career.
Sorta like....John Elway. McNubb is only 33. He has a number of good years left and now the Skins have added a real coach who knows how to get the most out of a veteran QB.

Kolb may very well be the real deal, but you don't trade a player of McNubb's caliber within the division and expect to get over.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:As for McNabb, I hope he has a few decent years with the Redskins and his highlight film with the Eagles is memorable to say the least but it also containes some notable failures and choke jobs which can't be forgotten when you start to think back over his career.
Sorta like....John Elway. McNubb is only 33. He has a number of good years left and now the Skins have added a real coach who knows how to get the most out of a veteran QB.

Kolb may very well be the real deal, but you don't trade a player of McNubb's caliber within the division and expect to get over.

McNabb has only completed 1 full season in the past 5 years. The Redskins OL is dreadful and now they're short a valuable 2nd round draft pick. It won't matter who the coach or system are if the Redskins can't protect an injury prone QB.

He might be 33 but there is A LOT of mileage on that body.