2nd Round Games

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

2nd Round Games

Post by King Crimson »

c'mon Gaels, you can do this.

Nova lacks the inside presence they had last year minus Cunningham.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: 2nd Round Games

Post by Screw_Michigan »

We have a game. Been good so far. Go St. Mary's.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

It's been a very entertaining game. Nova made its way back and looks to be another nail biter to the end.

I am on day three of my basketball bar binge...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

rack the hell out of St. Mary's. they had Nova on their heels on D all night.

Samhan 13-16 from the floor. tough to beat that.

Dellavadova is a handsome young man.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

King Crimson wrote:Samhan 13-16 from the floor.
He's the best center I've seen all year in any one game, and that includes Cousins at UK.

Rack those crazy Aussies.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Rack those crazy Aussies.
Ogilvy for Vandy is an Aussie. he's a pretty decent big man. i think he avg'd about 14 and 6 on a pretty balanced scoring team. Stallings had 4 guys avg double figures in PPG. Colorado has a big Aussie kid with some talent who has a chance to be a solid 5. he's pretty raw right now, but showed some flashes.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, Ogilvy, the dude who looks like he woke up 10 minutes before the game. He's got some moves, but damn is he slow.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the biggest stiff in the NCAA right now has to be Baylor's Josh Lomars. kid makes gravy look like it has hops.

the irony is that BU has some crazy sick athletes in Udoh, Acey and Dunn. and the FR kid who's name i can't think of now. it just intensifies the "Lomar effect" when he comes into the game and gravity changes wherever he goes on the court.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Ohio is hanging with Tennessee early. The Vols just keep giving the ball away.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Let's go Racers
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Looking forward to the Kansas-UNI matchup this afternoon. UNI obviously has little chance of winning but, the way this tourney is going, you never know what might happen. They will probably be overmatched in this contest but I'll hope for the big upset. UNI has some outside shooters and an inside presence with a physical 7 footer, so maybe they can make a game of it. I suspect the speed and athleticism of Kansas will be too much for the Panthers to handle for 40 minutes.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mace wrote:Looking forward to the Kansas-UNI matchup this afternoon. UNI obviously has little chance of winning but, the way this tourney is going, you never know what might happen. They will probably be overmatched in this contest but I'll hope for the big upset. UNI has some outside shooters and an inside presence with a physical 7 footer, so maybe they can make a game of it. I suspect the speed and athleticism of Kansas will be too much for the Panthers to handle for 40 minutes.

Right now I just feel that Kansas is the most complete team in college basketball. They have a stud at every position and coming off the benches.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:Kansas-UNI matchup
The Breadbasket Bowl. Rack it.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Right now I just feel that Kansas is the most complete team in college basketball. They have a stud at every position and coming off the benches.
I agree with that assessment, which is why I picked Kansas to win the title game this year, but I'm hoping for the huge upset tonight.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote:Kansas-UNI matchup
The Breadbasket Bowl. Rack it.
Yeah, or the Bushel Basket Bowl. Wheat versus corn.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Tennessee stopped turning the ball over and took control of the game. Ohio is just looking out matched at almost every position on the court.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

great perimeter D by Butler in the last 15 seconds.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Second sluggish 1st half start for KU. They're beatable. It ain't all KU though, UNI can ball.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Second sluggish 1st half start for KU. They're beatable. It ain't all KU though, UNI can ball.
Yep, UNI can definitely play the game....and they've got 20 more minutes to the finish. Kansas had better come out and make a run in the first 5 minutes or they may be toast. If the shots continue to drop for UNI, Kansas could be in deep shit. UNI definitely didn't come out with fear in their eyes. I like that, and it's a reflection of their coach, Ben Jacobsen. IF they are able to knock off Kansas, I suspect that there will be a number of Iowa fans campaigning for him to get the job in Iowa City. Wouldn't be a bad hire either.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Isn't KU typically a 2nd half team? Still, this is a good team they're playing, and that typical mid major that can rain 3s all day. Bwahahah at their 7 footer spotting up and nailing it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

There's something cool about these smaller schools with funny names and uniforms going toe-to-toe with the big dogs and not flinching...RACK Northern Iowa so far
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

my pops has been to all the OKC regional games and he says (via text) this is basically a KU home game. Ford Center is about 75% KU fans.
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

King Crimson wrote:my pops has been to all the OKC regional games and he says (via text) this is basically a KU home game. Ford Center is about 75% KU fans.
And I hope that every one of them leaves the Ford Center pissed off and disappointed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Mace wrote:
King Crimson wrote:my pops has been to all the OKC regional games and he says (via text) this is basically a KU home game. Ford Center is about 75% KU fans.
And I hope that every one of them leaves the Ford Center pissed off and disappointed.
that's kind of where he's at. he's not a big fan of KU. He told me if they had been selling them, he would have worn a Lehigh shirt on Thursday.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Holy shit.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Holy shit.
Holy Farokhmanesh!

(My bracket is about to die but this is too much fun to watch)
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I love it. might go read Missouri boards for a while. they are in heaven.
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Our section of the bracket sure looks a lot more promising now.

Regards,

BuckeyeFan & SpartanFan
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

My bracket is totally screwed but it was worth it. Nice one, Jayhawks! :hfal:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

L45B wrote:Our section of the bracket sure looks a lot more promising now.

Regards,

BuckeyeFan & SpartanFan
Maybe. Just lost a starter and best defender to injury (Allen). Hopefully he can see some minutes tomorrow, and they can gut one out vs Maryland.

Fucking RACK No. Iowa.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Wow. My brackets are screwed, but this is why I love watching the tourney so much. The Koch boys are local, so Northern Iowa gets a little bit of pub around these parts. I knew they were a decent team, but never thought they could hang with Kansas, much less beat them.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

packwin13 wrote:Wow. My brackets are screwed, but this is why I love watching the tourney so much.

I'm with you there...it wouldn't be fun without the surprises every year. As for the brackets, I'd love to see a mid-major take a run at whole thing. With all the big name programs that fell on their face and didn't even make the tournament, the door is open for a lesser-known program to have a breakthrough run through this field.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i wish there was a way these two games weren't on at the same time.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

doesn't look like too many KU fans hung around in OKC to root against KSU. bwawawaa.
"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:There's something cool about these smaller schools with funny names and uniforms going toe-to-toe with the big dogs and not flinching
No, there's not.

Sin,

CBS, NCAA, Slobbering Sam.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Northern Iowa would finish 10th in the SEC.

-Sam
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Rack the Panthers. Unfuckingbelievable. MSU/Maryland winner won't be in for a picnic. UNI is an extremely well coached team and they know how to play defense. Next week will be interesting.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:I love it. might go read Missouri boards for a while. they are in heaven.
The NIU bookstore had best prepare for the onslaught of T-shirt orders they're going to get.

<--- xtra large here.

And stock up on Kleenix, Kansas Walmarts.

My bracket got trashed, but who cares? Mizzou fan will get mileage out of this for years.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Ben Jacobsen and his UNI crew just guaranteed that none of them will ever have to buy another beer in Iowa or Missouri.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Off topic, but shit, Digger Phelps is sloppy drunk. Reece Davis and Hubert Davis are just giving him the side eye.