Eternal Scobode

Bowiefication complete

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

:(

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Re: Bowiefication complete

Post by Bucmonkey »

Fractured kneecap...ouch. Another season lost.
Go Bucs, Gators
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Oden would still be my pick over Durant. He really changes the game defensively every third season that he actually plays.

Sincerely,
Dins
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tough break for Woeden, pun intended. Dude should just retire before he has to walk with a cane before he's 30.

I can hear much wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from the U&L right about now.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

well it's not like you actually PLAN to fracture your patella...

just sayin
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

To add insult to injury, he got taken out by a Ducks legend who gets a standing ovation every time he comes to Portland...

But at least now, we don't have to deal with Brandon Roy moping about because he's not the only star on the team anymore... that was getting pretty annoying.

Hell, with the lack of small forwards (which was a complete clusterfuck-logjam in the preseason), I'd even take Durant on my team right now, even with his ability to make a superstar out of every player he "guards."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Blazers demise from "stacked deep" to "walking wounded" is so bad, the NBA has granted them the rarely-seen "Injury hardship exemption," which allows them to add a 16th player (contract must be non-gauranteed), until one of the players who was injured during the course of the regular season (a couple went down in preseason) can return, which could be 4+ weeks (probably Rudy Fernandez, who finally had to have back surgery from the absolute punkass cheap shot Ariza laid on him last year).

Hell, at this point, I almost would have taken Iverson -- at least he might do something to remedy McMillen's "no-motion" offensive scheme.

Boy, that Andre Miller signing was huge -- it was nice getting a big-name player to watch Branon* Roy dribble the ball for 23 seconds, because three guys on the floor wasn't a big enough audience, I guess. And if you're going to have a PG on the floor serving no other purpose than to be a spot-up shooter, who better than Andre "Never Seen An Open Look He Won't Brick" Miller?

Branon is starting to have a similar appraoch to defense as Kevin Urant -- somebody else's job. And now he doesn't have Oden to clean up his mess when a guard gets a free trip to the paint. Not that Pryz isn't an excellent interior defender, but he just doesn't have the range that Oden does, who was one hell of a scary interior defender for those few games he had two working knees.

Hey LaMarcus -- while you were out, Kevin Willis called... he said to tell you you're predictable on offense, but good luck on getting your first career assist sometime this season.

And to continue bitching about my beloved Blazers, I'll say... BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Oh, sorry -- I guess the shot clock just went off during my post, like it does on about half of the Blazers possessions. Might be time to start shopping for a coach who isn't afraid to actually let the players play in a non-dictatorship.

Although unheralded rookie Donte Cunningham has sure been a bright spot. Built like a 3, but can bang with the 4's, and shoot outside like a 2. Like any other rook, he's a little bit of a liability on D, but he's learning, and brings the lumber to the O side. He's even started a couple of games at the 3 -- that same three spot we all wondered who was getting traded from, since we had way too many of them a couple of months ago.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dins, I hate to tell you I told you so regarding Oden....no, wait....I don’t mind telling you that at all. I TOLD YOU SO.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I love it when a plan comes together...

Greggy missing all this time his first three years has saved tens of millions of dollars this summer -- which brings up the possibility of signing a big name free agent, what with a couple of expiring contracts and Oden not looking at anywhere near max (will get overpaid, but not #1 or #2 dough).

What a bummer, in the Year of the Free Agent.

Oden wants to come back for the playoffs, since he says his injuries are fine -- the team kinda laughed at the idea, and I think kinda reminded him he's in a contract year.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Rack your rose-colored glasses.

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, it's not like he was either leading, or in the top-few of several major statistical categories when he went down or anything.

:thisiswheretherolleyesgoes:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, it's not like he was either leading, or in the top-few of several major statistical categories when he went down or anything.

:thisiswheretherolleyesgoes:
Oh really?

121st in scoring
29th in rebounding
12th in FG % (on about 7.5 shots per game)
269th in assists
286th in steals
352nd in turnovers (a lot for someone who plays 24 minutes a game)
3rd in blocked shots

Did I miss several major statistical categories, such as games lost due to injury? So you got yourself a $5 million/year shot-blocker. Nice.

:thisiswhereyourheadupyourassgoes:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:12th in FG % (on about 7.5 shots per game)

I have no idea where you came up with this -- at the time of his injury, he was #1 by a wide margin.

He was #2 in blocks, while splitting minutes with another starting-quality center.

Go ahead and make up some more pure bullshit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:12th in FG % (on about 7.5 shots per game)

I have no idea where you came up with this -- at the time of his injury, he was #1 by a wide margin.

He was #2 in blocks, while splitting minutes with another starting-quality center.

At the time he was hurt, Oden was shooting .605 from the field:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/g ... yerId=3225

At that same point in time, Dwight Howard was shooting .643:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/g ... yerId=2384

Kendrick Perkins was shooting .638:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/g ... yerId=2018