Danica to run limited NASCAR schedule this year

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Danica to run limited NASCAR schedule this year

Post by War Wagon »

12 Nationwide events, supposedly. yeah, I know... WGARA?

I guess I'm sorta' interested to see how she's gonna' handle a 4,000 lb. stock car versus those tin cans with a jet engine strapped to the back she's used to driving in the IRL. Not well, I think.

And I'll also be looking to see if she throws any hissy fits against a totally different breed of driver. She probably will. Once... and when she gets knocked on her ass, that ought to do it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Danica to run limited NASCAR schedule this year

Post by War Wagon »

She finished 6th in her debut ARCA race today, not a bad showing at all. Quite impressive, actually.
Mac22
Elwood

Post by Mac22 »

she seemed to handle the draft surprisingly well. that would have been the one thing holding her back in this race - not figuring it out and being unable to work with it instead of against it... or getting wrecked by the no names. definitely a solid start.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Was listening to the radio on my way in to work this morning and they had audio of her and her crew cheif and she was bitched at the guy because she didn't know where the radiator switch was.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not too impressive today, 33rd place finish after getting caught up in a mess not of her making. That's what happens when you ride around in the back all day.

Now maybe she had a poorly performing car, but it seemed to me that she was scared shitless right from the start being in the middle of the pack so decided to drift backwards trying to avoid trouble.

As for the race itself, golden boy Carl Edwards made a boneheaded move right near the front and took out half the field. Not good, homeboy. You damn near killed Jr. What the fuck were you thinking?

Nobody had anything for Stewart today though.
Doug near DC
Elwood

Post by Doug near DC »

What is it with Carl Edwards and that 88 car in the Nationwide series? He got tangled up with Koslowski several times last year.

The wreck with Danica kinda pissed me off. When Horseface took Jr out, I turned the race off and walked away.

Hopefully, today will be different.

I have a slideshow link of most of my 1/24 scale diecast cars. Let me know if you'd like to see it.