Paging season ending troll

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Paging season ending troll

Post by Harvdog »

you have a flight to Austin leaving immediately. Unbelievable. I will be happy going 8-8 in conference. This team has lost all its confidence. :doh:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Paging season ending troll

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:you have a flight to Austin leaving immediately. Unbelievable. I will be happy going 8-8 in conference. This team has lost all its confidence. :doh:
You play in the best basketball conference in the country, right now. Yes we're better than the Big East this season; I give a shit what ESPN says. There is really only one bad and one mediocre team, the other ten are either good to possibly the best team in the nation (Kansas).

P.S. Texass sucks and is still our bitch on the hardwood.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Big 12 better than the Big East? Bwahahahaha.
Yeah, SCS is a flippin' tard.

I see 2 probable Sweet 16 teams in the Big 12 and 4-5 from the Big East. Yes. The Big E is top heavy once again. However. It has more "great" teams, more "decent" teams, and only 1 more (4 to 3) shit team. Big E has 3/4 of its teams in the Top 65 for RPI. The Big 12 has only 2/3.

Fuck the Big 12.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Have anything to back you up other than bwahahaha? Big East is nothing more than a top heavy conference with a lot of dogs in its field.

Big 12 has a better winning percentage against top 25 opponents .04166 > .03544.

Big 12 has a better RPI as a conference and it's teams on average are ranked higher in the RPI... 54.91 (Big 12) > 56.25 (Big East).

The Big 12 will get a larger percentage of their teams into the Big Dance as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Yeah, SCS is a flippin' tard.

I see 2 probable Sweet 16 teams in the Big 12 and 4-5 from the Big East. Yes. The Big E is top heavy once again. However. It has more "great" teams, more "decent" teams, and only 1 more (4 to 3) shit team. Big E has 3/4 of its teams in the Top 65 for RPI. The Big 12 has only 2/3.

Fuck the Big 12.
Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas, and Baylor all have pretty decent shots at making the Sweet 16. The Big 12 has 3/4 of it's league in top 70 of the RPI. The Big 12 has a higher average ranking in the RPI.

The Big 12 has the best RPI as a conference right now. http://www.warrennolan.com/ , http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basket ... ng-by-conf ,
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Saying the Big 12 is the best conference deserves the bwahahahaha treatment because it's a laughable statement. You'll need to bring a lot more than simple stats to the table to make a convincing arguement. I mean according to stats I could posit that the ACC is the best conference since according to the Sagarin rankings they are. When talking about something as nebulous as "best conference" you really have to go to the eyeball test. By my eyes the Big East is tops this year. Now I've long been a critic of the bloated BE and it certainly dings them here a bit but the quality up top more than outweighs the dreck at the bottom. I mean let's be honest every conference has some ick at the bottom, so it stands to reason the BE would have a little more ick than most because of the sheer volume of teams.

My view of "best conference" always boils down to what each conference has at the elite level and how far down the quality scale do they go. The Big East has 4 teams that are legit Final Four threats: Cuse, Nova, Gtown, WVU. No other conference can touch that. The closest might be the Big 10 where MSU and PU can certainly lay claim to FF legitimacy and tO$U and Wisconsin aren't far behind. In fact with Evan Turner healthy I personally put the Buckeyes in that mix. There's still time for Tejas to right the ship giving the B12 two FF threats with KSU as a darkhorse. No other conference has mulitple FF threats unless you belive that UT is from the SEC, but I put them more on the level of a KSU or Wisconsin. So the Big East has the best elite level lineup.

Then you get to quality depth. Well the Big East backs up their 4 FF boys with some solid quality: Pitt, Lville, Marquette, UConn, Cincy and to a slightly lesser extent ND all are NCAA quality teams. Seton Hall is right there too and USF is a player this year. So the BE has another 8 teams with some degree of solid quality. Sure they have the likes of DePaul and Rutgers but again every conference has some ick at the bottom. The B10 was right behind on elite teams but drops some for quality depth as the likes of Minny, NW and dUI are borderline NCAA teams and UM has pooped the bed this year. So what looked to start the year like amazing depth isn't so much which knocks the B10 out of the discussion for best conference. The B12 is very similar with ATM, Baylor and Mizzou being NCAA quality but the next tier down are very suspect teams that have shown glimpses (TTU, Okie St, OU) but really none of those teams is much to brag on. The ACC is out of the discussion this year with some quality depth but lacking at the elite level and the Atlantic 10 is pretty stout this year but they too lack the elite team.

So I'd rank the major conferences as such this year:
1- Big East
2- Big 10 (barely)
3- Big 12
4- ACC
5- SEC
6- A10
7- MWC
8- Pac 10
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

don't know if i could say WVU is a potential FF team without it being just an opinion (not one i hold, btw). they are 0-3 against the top 10 teams on their schedule.

depending on your seed and bracket shapes you gotta beat at least 1 if not 2 of those type teams to get to the FF. right now, i don't see the case for Huggy and WVU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

King Crimson wrote:don't know if i could say WVU is a potential FF team without it being just an opinion (not one i hold, btw). they are 0-3 against the top 10 teams on their schedule.
I was just going to mention that, but you beat me to it. Calling WVU a "legit" Final 4 team, either based on history, or current resume, is very suspect. I wouldn't be fooled by a pretty ranking and a sheer high # of wins. I'd even be very hesitant to give Georgetown that label, but I think they're at least better than WVU.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
King Crimson wrote:don't know if i could say WVU is a potential FF team without it being just an opinion (not one i hold, btw). they are 0-3 against the top 10 teams on their schedule.
I was just going to mention that, but you beat me to it. Calling WVU a "legit" Final 4 team, either based on history, or current resume, is very suspect. I wouldn't be fooled by a pretty ranking and a sheer high # of wins. I'd even be very hesitant to give Georgetown that label, but I think they're at least better than WVU.
in the last 10 days G'Town has double digit wins against #8 Duke and #2 Nova, which is something. certainly more than a current WVU resume, but there's also 7-4 in conference with a beatdown by Syracuse and a L to USF between the Duke and Nova game. that's not exactly the model of consistency.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I guess it depends how you frame legit Final 4 team. Personally, I'd only give that distinction to the elite teams (top 3-4 teams in the country), and then a whole bunch of teams with potential.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

SunCoastSooner wrote:The Big 12 has 3/4 of it's league in top 70 of the RPI.
8/12 = 3/4?

Do they not teach 'rithmetic in between steer ropin', cowtippin', and horse wrasslin' classes in Oklahoma?

Furthermore, it is "its." Not "it's." Stupid fucking 3 letter word misspelling Okies.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SunCoastSooner wrote:The Big 12 has 3/4 of it's league in top 70 of the RPI.
8/12 = 3/4?

Do they not teach 'rithmetic in between steer ropin', cowtippin', and horse wrasslin' classes in Oklahoma?

Furthermore, it is "its." Not "it's." Stupid fucking 3 letter word misspelling Okies.
Nine out of twelve... stupid fucking cunt. Only teams outside of the top 70 are Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa State. Three teams for both conferences below 100th. Same number of teams in the top 30 more teams for the Big 12 in the top 40. Big 12 with a better average rating and a higher average ranking. Big 12 with a better winning percentage against Top 25 opponents (0.4166 > 0.3544). Big 12 = 2-1 against the Big East including Texas' ass pounding of Pittsburgh (or does Top Heavy East fan not recall that sixteen point debacle for their in conference 7-4 Panthers against middle of the Big 12 pack and 4-4 Texas?).

Same number of teams in the 20 of points per game, 2 apiece. Rebounding two of the top 20 and the Big East barely getting one in the top 20 of rebounding. Both conferences with two teams in top 20 of FG%.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

SunCoastSooner wrote:Nine out of twelve... stupid fucking cunt. Only teams outside of the top 70 are Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa State.

Both of the links you provided "up there" have OKLA outside of the Top 70.

Look, douche... if I want tips on cattle rustlin', I'll let you know. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Nine out of twelve... stupid fucking cunt. Only teams outside of the top 70 are Colorado, Nebraska, and Iowa State.

Both of the links you provided "up there" have OKLA outside of the Top 70.

Look, douche... if I want tips on cattle rustlin', I'll let you know. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and STFU.
Okay put it like this... Ten of the sixteen teams in the Little East would not rank in the top 2/3 of RPI in the Big 12.. The Big East has a losing record to the Big 12 including the #5 team in the BE losing to the #5 team from the Big 12 by 16 points.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Again it's an "eyeball test" thing but I see WVU as a legit FF threat. Keep in mind that they're big foreign kid just became eligible and has only played in three games thus far. Once he's back up to speed he not only adds to the depth but helps the main area WVU was lacking in which is size. I think they have a nice mix of pieces and consider them a legit FF threat. Only really bad loss on the slate was to Purdue, who is another FF caliber team. No shame in losing to Cuse and Nova and the ND loss was by 2. So of their four losses three were to FF caliber teams and the other loss was a close one.

I can certainly see why someone wouldn't put WVU at that level but they're there IMO. And I wouldn't have put Gtown up there until their recent actions and the fact that Monroe can carry a team for 4 games if needed. That's why I have tO$U at a FF level, Turner can carry them for 4 games.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

SunCoastSooner wrote:Okay put it like this... I was wrong before. See? So now I will throw other useless nuggets of information your way that I may or may not have properly researched.

Terrific. Should I take your word for it this time, or double check your work for errors? Again.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sheesh, a thread about over rated Texass and humbled Texassfan waving the white flag somehow gets turned into a Big XII vs. Big East dick measuring contest.

PrimeX, your thoughts?

Both of you bitches are still on the hook for the sig and avatar bets.

---------------

Throw out the RPI and all that other happy horseshit. I like Shines' "evidence of the eyes", and by that measure, I give the edge to the Big East.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote:Sheesh, a thread about over rated Texass and humbled Texassfan waving the white flag somehow gets turned into a Big XII vs. Big East dick measuring contest.

PrimeX, your thoughts?

---------------

Throw out the RPI and all that other happy horseshit. I like Shines' "evidence of the eyes", and by that measure, I give the edge to the Big East.
Not waving the flag just making a point. We shot our nut back in December. This team is not fluid on offense and cannot shoot free throws. We need a point guard who can shoot. Balbay is a great defender but sucks on the offensive side. Brown is a freshman and too erratic. Lucas is a liability everywhere on the floor. Good thing he is paying his own way. If we make half of the free throws we missed we would be 22-2. This team has a ton of talent but needs a coach to teach them offense. Barnes is missing the boat somewhere.

We will still finish in the Top 4 in the Big XII and will be in the Sweet 16. This team has the potential to make a FF but over the last 7 games has looked like shit.

The East Coast has such a media bias it is ridiculous. Yes, we lost AT Uconn. But we did beat Pitt by 16 and if I am not mistaken, Pitt beat Uconn and Syracuse. Image
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Harvdog wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Sheesh, a thread about over rated Texass and humbled Texassfan waving the white flag somehow gets turned into a Big XII vs. Big East dick measuring contest.

PrimeX, your thoughts?

---------------

Not waving the flag just making a point. We shot our nut back in December. This team is not fluid on offense and cannot shoot free throws. We need a point guard who can shoot. Balbay is a great defender but sucks on the offensive side. Brown is a freshman and too erratic. Lucas is a liability everywhere on the floor. Good thing he is paying his own way. If we make half of the free throws we missed we would be 22-2. This team has a ton of talent but needs a coach to teach them offense. Barnes is missing the boat somewhere.

We will still finish in the Top 4 in the Big XII and will be in the Sweet 16. This team has the potential to make a FF but over the last 7 games has looked like shit.
The East Coast has such a media bias it is ridiculous. Yes, we lost AT Uconn. But we did beat Pitt by 16 and if I am not mistaken, Pitt beat Uconn and Syracuse. Image

Texas sure as hell ain't going to the Sweet Sixteen playing the way they are playing right now. Texas is a disaster both offensively and defensively. They are clueless. J'Covan Brown scoring 28 may not be a good thing. He's a chucker and this will give him fuel to chuck the ball up more often, the results won't always be great. Balbay simply can't be on the court against teams like Kansas......you don't even have to guard him and KU didn't. Texas could finish in the Top 4 in the conference, but they better get their shit together or they'll be looking up at Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor, Missouri and Texas A&M......they still have road games at Texas Tech, aTm, Missouri and Baylor, they will be underdogs in three of those games and will be lucky to win two of them......Texas better be interested in playing better basketball before worrying about where they finish in the Big 12 and how far they advance in the NCAA tourney.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Harvdog wrote:The East Coast has such a media bias it is ridiculous.

Yeah... it's sooooooooooo fucked. Teams on the East Coast haven't dominated the last decade or anything. No championships whatsoever.

Sin,
UConn
Syracuse
Duke
NC
Florida
Maryland

Also, you go back 15 years... just look at teams on EST, and you can add Kentucky and MSU.

Yes. Biased. That's what it is. Totally.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Also, you go back 15 years... just look at teams on EST, and you can add Kentucky and MSU.
ucant, are you going all ESTBSH? :D
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

will be in the Sweet 16. This team has the potential to make a FF but over the last 7 games has looked like shit.
'

Buwahahahaha Talk about funny

Tejas was overrated and proven to be a fraud. They better get the perfect match up or they are 1 and done in Tourney.

If MU would lose to Tejas, i would be very disappointed. They aren't that good. Would be worse than the aTm and Ou losses.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: If MU would lose to Tejas, i would be very disappointed. They aren't that good. Would be worse than the aTm and Ou losses.
Not really. Up by 11 with 13 minutes left against ATM and then proceed to go 12 minutes w/o a FG and lose by three? :brad:

I don't care how good ATM may be, that was a BAD loss.

The OU road loss wasn't a bad loss. Sure, woulda' shoulda' coulda' and while I believe Mizzou is more talented, OU outworked and out hustled them that entire game.

We're not losing to Texass, btw. One week from today, Harv and Prime will have a shiny new sig and avatar.

ISU tonight and I don't get to watch it unless I go to a bar. I switched from Time Warner Cable to AT&T last year not realizing how badly I had just fucked myself. :doh:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote: Not really. Up by 11 with 13 minutes left against ATM and then proceed to go 12 minutes w/o a FG and lose by three? :brad:

I don't care how good ATM may be, that was a BAD loss.

The OU road loss wasn't a bad loss. Sure, woulda' shoulda' coulda' and while I believe Mizzou is more talented, OU outworked and out hustled them that entire game.
1. being up 11 with 13 minutes to go and losing is not sideways proof you are the better team. it's called "choking".

2. i'm not sure the OU road loss was a "bad" loss (since OU is always respectable in Norman even if the gym is half-full) but it's not a good loss. not sure MU is "more talented" either since OU is criminally young and can't grab its ass with both hands sometimes....i do think objectively MU is a better team this year. anyway, OU lost to Tech at home last night...so, that's a BAD loss.

3. ATM is not a BAD loss. it's a loss. they are a low-chance bubble team. as MU fan knows, Turgeon is a dick but he can ugly you up in a low scoring game.
"
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Hell, I am just thrilled that we're just about into mid February and we're in the talk about making the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 18 years. 2 huge games coming up @Marquette and home with Cincinnati that are huge for positioning in the Big East tournament and for the NCAA tournament resume.
Dreams......Temporary Madness