Mortgage crippling your budget? Experts say stop paying

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: Mortgage crippling your budget? Experts say stop paying

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote: I am also in favor of reducing the size of industry deemed "too big to fail"
Like the Federal Government?
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mace wrote:Maybe I should check with KC Scott and then get back with you. :)

*rimshot*

RACK
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mace wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:There were no other options than to go this route you fucking "know-it-all." None.
I've skimmed through this thread, AP, and maybe haven't read it closely enough, but why do you not qualify for a Direct Student Loan? Have you filled out a FAFSA? My son has student loans and my wife also has a PLUS loan to help with the $18,000 annual cost of a college education at the Univ. of Iowa. To my knowledge, everyone is eligible for the loans, minus a few exceptions that have already been mentioned in this thread, and all you have to do is fill out the FAFSA and wait to see how much you can get. If you've already done this and don't qualify for a loan, then so be it, but I find that to be very unusual. Of course, I don't know all of your personal information either. Maybe I should check with KC Scott and then get back with you. :)
My guess is that he used up all his loan eligibility while playing beach volleyball with Tom Cruise and tending to the needs of Barrry Swtzer's locker room.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
Mace wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:There were no other options than to go this route you fucking "know-it-all." None.
I've skimmed through this thread, AP, and maybe haven't read it closely enough, but why do you not qualify for a Direct Student Loan? Have you filled out a FAFSA? My son has student loans and my wife also has a PLUS loan to help with the $18,000 annual cost of a college education at the Univ. of Iowa. To my knowledge, everyone is eligible for the loans, minus a few exceptions that have already been mentioned in this thread, and all you have to do is fill out the FAFSA and wait to see how much you can get. If you've already done this and don't qualify for a loan, then so be it, but I find that to be very unusual. Of course, I don't know all of your personal information either. Maybe I should check with KC Scott and then get back with you. :)
My guess is that he used up all his loan eligibility while playing beach volleyball with Tom Cruise and tending to the needs of Barrry Swtzer's locker room.
AP doesn't have that much dope and guns does he?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I've checked into this and a nursing education in California costs about $3800. That is total for everything including books. Pay it off ya dork.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:AP doesn't have that much dope and guns does he?
Yea, but with all those hot 27 year old girlfriends who like to get freaky, I'm sure he knew just who to call.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:You see, that is how it works BSmack. If you are a U.S. Senator or a member of the House, you get to vote "Yes" or "No". A one-word answer.
Wow, I'm in Congress now? Thanks for the pay raise.
88 wrote:
BSmack wrote:Now what does any of this have to do with the contravention of original intent that is the inability to discharge student loans via bankruptcy?
The tie-in is the new Obama proposal (listen for it tonight) to the Democrat-controlled Congress to make all student lending come directly from the U.S. Government. No private loans at all. Maybe you ought to call your buddies and ask them to allow those government loans to be dischargable in bankruptcy (for the good of the nation and all). More bailouts?
There is no discernible difference to the borrower unless the feds give better terms. In the end, it is still the feds that hound you if you default. And you can't escape that debt ever. Unlike someone who bought a house they could never afford or a corporation who can bail on a poorly performing property.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
BSmack wrote:My guess is that he used up all his loan eligibility while playing beach volleyball with Tom Cruise and tending to the needs of Barrry Swtzer's locker room.
AP doesn't have that much dope and guns does he?
:lol:
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

trev wrote:I've checked into this and a nursing education in California costs about $3800. That is total for everything including books. Pay it off ya dork.
Wow! What type of crack are you on? Jump out of this miss trev. $3800? Or are you talking about a CNA? :meds:

I didn't do the FAFSA thingy so my bad. Everyone here knows my past going from the lowest to getting it back and starting over.

I'm going to pay this off and will work double shifts to accelerate the process. Just throwing out the "What if?" to the peeps on this board that are actually educated and have clear understanding of my initial statement.

BTW, I'm on the I-10 heading to South Florida to hook up with SunCoastSooner. I wanna see what a $950K house looks like over there. Hey, I went to OU for 2 years, and have lived in Pensacola, so he must have it all figured out. An OU grad that lives in Redneck, FL living in a $950k house. Marty, where is that "Niger and Please" pic?
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Atomic Punk wrote:
BTW, I'm on the I-10 heading to South Florida to hook up with SunCoastSooner. I wanna see what a $950K house looks like over there. Hey, I went to OU for 2 years, and have lived in Pensacola, so he must have it all figured out. An OU grad that lives in Redneck, FL living in a $950k house. Marty, where is that "Niger and Please" pic?

I've met other people who failed out of OU after two years... that's not something I would brag about.

Wow, Pensacola, that's impressive... I bet it was even in the Lee High School district area with all those single black mothers that could get assistance that you claim you couldn't but even that was probably out of your income range.

Congrats on your drug or public indecency conviction because that's about the only fucking way a person can't at least get a fucking Pell Grant (even a minimal one). I may not "have it all figured out" but I'm sure as hell not brain dead enough to try and charge a college education to become a nurse on a fucking credit card. :lol: :hfal: :paul:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Atomic Punk wrote:I didn't do the FAFSA thingy so my bad. Everyone here knows my past going from the lowest to getting it back and starting over.

I'm going to pay this off and will work double shifts to accelerate the process. Just throwing out the "What if?" to the peeps on this board that are actually educated and have clear understanding of my initial statement.
Still not sure why you were under the impression that the state of California would prevent you from securing a Federal Loan.

See. I am educated... and I did do that "FAFSA thingie." :? And I got tuition reimbursement. And I paid for some classes myself out of my own bank accounts. And I do understand your initial statement. You're a colossal dumbfuck for paying 20 something percent for a "student" loan. Now... go wipes some asses and stuff, bitch. Those beadpans ain't gonna change themselves.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Okay, I see where some of you want to go... My point is/was that I got in a program IF I could pay right now. The only thing I've had was to put it on my credit card. I had no time to apply for a loan and wait for the gubmint hep mi black ass. There is this "waiting list" for every nursing program in the area. Wanna work at a shithole store that under pays you for another 2 years to get into a program?

Now that I have a license and have been through brutal hell, why are some of you dimwits not getting it? I've won the game. I've asked a simple question. Amazingly, BSmack seems to get it.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Atomic Punk wrote:
trev wrote:I've checked into this and a nursing education in California costs about $3800. That is total for everything including books. Pay it off ya dork.
Wow! What type of crack are you on? Jump out of this miss trev. $3800? Or are you talking about a CNA? :meds:
I am totally serious. $3800 for an RN degree. (Associates). If you paid $3800 for a CNA cert. you are really really really dumb and got taken. A CNA course is about 9 weeks and $300- $400. If you paid more than $3800 for the RN degree you also got taken. Big time. But good luck anyway.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The surest way to prosperity is to NEVER use a credit card.

--PSUFAN, financial mastermind
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

trev has a sugar daddy who could be fat, bald, and tons of fun in bed... or just tons.

PSU and 88, yeah... When you have to pay right now, and I got into the program with a credit card, then I can't complain. My point is that interest rates keep going up and I pay "my fair share" :meds: and they keep jacking it up. Citi got bailed out and they are let loose to fuck us over.

Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

mvscal wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Compared with Monday, the measure won 58 additional votes -- 26 more Republicans and 32 more Democrats. After initially rejecting the bill by a 2-to-1 margin, House Republicans mustered 91 yes votes on the second try, while 172 Democrats supported passage. Voting no were 108 Republicans and 63 Democrats.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01108.html
And it was signed by a Republican President and swiftly enacted by a Republican Secretary of the Treasury and benefited one of the most traditionally Republican constituencies in the Republic. Seriously 88, just STFU while you're behind.
Good job kicking your own ass, you stupid fucktard. Your link shows the measure was opposed by a majority of Republicans and supported by majority of Democrats with an able assist from Oneeger.
Sen. Barack Obama's outspoken support for the package proved critical. The influence of the Democratic presidential nominee, who spent the week dialing no voters, was cited by five vote-switching freshmen as a key motivator. Obama was particularly successful in persuading members of the Congressional Black Caucus, which was deeply divided Monday. Yesterday, 13 black caucus members switched to vote for the measure.

"What helped me is Barack Obama, who called and said 'We really do have to do this,' " said Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.),
"President Bush signed the bill...'By coming together on this legislation, we have acted boldly to prevent the crisis on Wall Street from becoming a crisis in communities across our country,' Bush said before leaving the White House for his Texas ranch..."
"i sky scrape the heavens"
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

88 wrote:The only thing that BSmack "gets" is the fucked up notion that government should use force to take money from some of its citizens so that it can redistribute some of it to those citizens who, for small payments and a life of poverty, will vote to keep that government in power.
As opposed to your party's plans to redistribute my cash to an even smaller group of people who will occasionally toss a scrap to the other 95%.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Who knew that one day we'd find that a credit card is safer in the hands of Nocal than in Atomic Panties? :?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

trev wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
I am totally serious. $3800 for an RN degree. (Associates). If you paid $3800 for a CNA cert. you are really really really dumb and got taken. A CNA course is about 9 weeks and $300- $400. If you paid more than $3800 for the RN degree you also got taken. Big time. But good luck anyway.
Don't know about your hood but an RN requires a 4 year Bachelors Degree that is going to cost a lot more than $ 3800. Even an Associates Degree in Anything :meds: :meds: is going to cost more than that.

Of course I could print you up a nice license and diploma for about $ 2500.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I already stated what it is in my hood. I don't know about your hood. But AP is in my state. I know what college here costs and I know what it takes to get a nursing degree. I feel bad that AP is owing all this money. Bad choice.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:I already stated what it is in my hood. I don't know about your hood. But AP is in my state. I know what college here costs and I know what it takes to get a nursing degree. I feel bad that AP is owing all this money. Bad choice.
Fresno City College charges 3687.00 a semester. Assuming AP attended for 4 semesters, that is a bill of over 14k. Where are you getting your information?

http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=1434

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Sign me up for whatever 88 just posted. ATI NCLEX only $400? Are you fucking high? I'll take that fee right now! trev, my darling... what are you high on? Do you actually work? You 9 to 5'ers don't know what work is. Monday thru Friday and you assholes are broke also. Amazing what bullshit is posted here and not stomped upon.

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Can't We At Least Get a Toaster?
by Ann Coulter
01/27/2010

In the wake of the Massachusetts Miracle last week ("The other Boston Massacre"), President Obama adopted a populist mantle, claiming he was going to "fight" Wall Street. It was either that or win another Nobel Peace Prize.

Now the only question is which Goldman Sachs crony he'll put in charge of this task.

If Obama plans to hold Wall Street accountable for its own bad decisions, it will be a first for the Democrats.

For the past two decades, Democrats have specialized in insulating financial giants from the consequences of their own high-risk bets. Citigroup and Goldman Sachs alone have been rescued from their risky bets by unwitting taxpayers four times in the last 15 years.

Bankers get all the profits, glory and bonuses when their flimflam bets pay off, but the taxpayers foot the bill when Wall Street firms' bets go bad on -- to name just three examples -- Mexican bonds (1995), Thai, Indonesian and South Korean bonds (1997), and Russian bonds (1998).

As Peter Schweizer writes in his magnificent book Architects of Ruin: "Wall Street is a very far cry from the arena of freewheeling capitalism most people recall from their history books." With their reverse-Midas touch, the execrable baby boom generation turned Wall Street into what Schweizer dubs "risk-free Clintonian state capitalism."

Apropos of the Clintonian No-Responsibility Era, Goldman Sachs and Citibank became heavily invested in Mexican bonds after a two-day bender in Tijuana in the early '90s. Any half-wit could see that "investing" in the dog track would be safer than investing in a corrupt Third World government controlled by drug lords.

But precisely because the bonds were so risky, bankers made money hand-over-fist on the scheme -- at least until Mexico defaulted.

With Mexico unable to pay the $25 billion it owed the big financial houses, Clinton's White House decided the banks shouldn't be on the hook for their own bad bets.

Clinton's Treasury Secretary, Robert Rubin, former chairman of Goldman, demanded that the U.S. bail out Mexico to save his friends at Goldman. He said a failure to bail out Mexico would affect "everyone," by which I take it he meant "everyone in my building."

Larry Summers, currently Obama's National Economic Council director, warned that a failure to rescue Mexico would lead to another Great Depression. (Ironically, Summers' current position in the Obama administration is "Great Depression czar.")

Republicans in Congress said "no" to Clinton's Welfare-for-Wall-Street plan.

It's not as if this hadn't happened before: In 1981, Reagan allowed Mexico to default on tens of billions of dollars in debt -- Mexico claimed the money was "in my other pair of pants" -- leaving Wall Street to deal with its own bad bets.

As Larry Summers expected, this led like night into day to the Great Depression we experienced during the Reagan years ... Wait, that never happened.

At congressional hearings on Clinton's proposed Mexico bailout a decade later, Republicans Larry Kudlow, Bill Seidman and Steve Forbes all denounced the plan to save Goldman Sachs via a Mexican bailout.

So the Clinton administration did an end run around the Republicans in Congress and rescued improvident Wall Street bankers by giving Mexico a $20 billion line of credit directly from the Treasury's Exchange Stabilization Fund.

Relieved of any responsibility for their losing bets, Wall Street firms leapt into buying other shaky foreign bonds. Soon the U.S. taxpayer, through the International Monetary Fund, was propping up bonds out of South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, then Russia -- all to save Goldman Sachs.

The IMF could have saved itself a lot of paperwork by just sending taxpayer money directly to Goldman, but I think they're saving that for Obama's second term.

Throughout every bailout, congressional Republicans were screaming from the rooftops that this wasn't capitalism. It was "Government Sachs." As Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) put it, the same rules that apply to welfare mothers "ought to apply to rich Greenwich, Conn., investors who are multimillionaires."

But Wall Street raised a lot of money for the Democrats, so Clinton bailed them out, over and over again.

Before you knew it, once-respectable Wall Street institutions were buying investment products even more ludicrous than Mexican bonds: They were buying the mortgages of Mexican strawberry-pickers.

Why shouldn't Wall Street trust in suicidal loans no sane person would ever imagine could be paid back? Time after time, when their bets paid off, they pocketed huge fees; when their bets failed, they sent the bill to the taxpayers.

With nothing to fear, the big financial houses bought, repackaged and resold investment products that included loans like the one issued by Washington Mutual to non-English-speaking strawberry pickers earning a combined $14,000 a year to purchase a $720,000 house.

But the financial wizards on Wall Street were trading these preposterous loans as if they were bars of gold. They may as well have bet the entire U.S. economy on a dice game in an alley off 44th Street.

Every mortgage-backed security bundle was infected with suicidal, politically correct loans that had been demanded by community organizers such as Barack Obama -- as is thoroughly documented in Schweizer's book.

On the off chance that mammoth mortgages to people who could barely afford food somehow went bad, Wall Street firms could be confident that their Democrat friends would bail them out.

Even the Republicans would have to bail them out this time: They had strapped the dynamite of toxic loans onto the entire economy and were threatening to pull the clip. Wall Street had infected every financial institution in the country, including completely innocent banks.

But now Obama says he's going to "fight" Wall Street, which is as plausible as claiming he'll "fight" the trial lawyers.

As Schweizer demonstrates, whenever the Democrats "regulate" Wall Street, the innocent pay through the nose, while Wall Street swine lower than drug dealers and pornographers end up with multimillion-dollar bonuses so they can run for governor of New Jersey and fund lavish Democratic fundraisers in the Hamptons.

Republicans should respond the way they always have: Support the free market, not looters and welfare recipients on Wall Street, especially the Democrats' friends at Goldman.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

my wife went through x-ray tech school a few years ago. similar amount of schooling to a ASRN degree (yes, they do exist) and was in a similar position to AP in that she already had a bachelors which meant she had to do next to nothing in the way of elective bullshit fluff courses.

her bill wasn't far off of trev's 3800 claim. probably a little more if you count books.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

AP,

I just got a letter from my credit card company explaining changes that go into effect 2/22/2010. It might be that Citi wanted to get that increase in ahead of the new laws.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card- ... e-1282.php

Not sure if they’ll have to roll those increases back or not, but you might want to do a little research. Google “credit card act of 2009”.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Atomic Punk wrote:Sign me up for whatever 88 just posted. ATI NCLEX only $400? Are you fucking high? I'll take that fee right now! trev, my darling... what are you high on? Do you actually work? You 9 to 5'ers don't know what work is. Monday thru Friday and you assholes are broke also. Amazing what bullshit is posted here and not stomped upon.
It's right there babe. Bsmack put up a link to Fresno City College who has an RN program for about $3600. A typical cost for every community college in California. As I stated. The fact that you went elsewhere and are now in hock up to your granny panties is sad. You want to come on here and smack me? As a matter of fact, it would have cost since you even less since California has just recently raised the fees for all colleges.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:Sign me up for whatever 88 just posted. ATI NCLEX only $400? Are you fucking high? I'll take that fee right now! trev, my darling... what are you high on? Do you actually work? You 9 to 5'ers don't know what work is. Monday thru Friday and you assholes are broke also. Amazing what bullshit is posted here and not stomped upon.
It's right there babe. Bsmack put up a link to Fresno City College who has an RN program for about $3600. A typical cost for every community college in California. As I stated. The fact that you went elsewhere and are now in hock up to your granny panties is sad. You want to come on here and smack me? As a matter of fact, it would have cost since you even less since California has just recently raised the fees for all colleges.
Trev,

That's 3,600 per SEMESTER. A nursing program typically requires FOUR semesters. Which, as I said in my post, knocks the cost over 14,000 and probably closer to 15k when you consider testing and licensing fees.

:doh:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

That's 3,600 per SEMESTER.
It's not even close to 3,600 per SEMESTER unless you're figuring in housing expenses. And then it might still not be 3,600, as it is Fresno.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Our local 2-year colleges would cost $3,200 per year in tuition. With books and uniform costs, you're probably around $8,000 total. Looks like trev's been hitting the bottle again.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:
It's not even close to 3,600 per SEMESTER unless you're figuring in housing expenses. And then it might still not be 3,600, as it is Fresno.

I don't see housing broken out in that list of expenses.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:
ppanther wrote:

"Current Students » International Students"

Did AP relocate abroad and return to attend Fresno CC?

Residents pay $20/unit, if that.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:
BSmack wrote:http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=1434

"Current Students » International Students"

Did AP relocate abroad and return to attend Fresno CC?

Residents pay $20/unit, if that.
Then I'm sure you can hook us up with a link for that. Because 20 dollars a unit is so far out of whack as to be insane. The way I read it, that price is for in state.

Edit: Found the link. Should have known not to argue with a Cali. Still, you're looking at 5-6k in tuition and fees for a 4 semester program, not the 300 something that Trev's vodka bottle was spouting off about.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Oh my bad, $20/unit was a little on the low side.

http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=606

:meds:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=606

Looks like 4 x $902. Around $3600 for 4 semesters. Point to the drunken hausfrau.

Brian, where did you get the $300 figure?

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=606

Looks like 4 x $902. Around $3600 for 4 semesters. Point to the drunken hausfrau.

A wayward google.

BTW: The drunken housefrau is not calculating books nor testing and licensing expenses. It's real easy to spend 300-500 a semester if you're pulling a full 15 credit load. And I'm sure the testing and licensing fees are not paid by the state. I'm sure I'm missing some other hidden costs as well.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:http://www.fresnocitycollege.edu/index.aspx?page=606

A wayward google.

BTW: The drunken housefrau is not calculating books nor testing and licensing expenses. It's real easy to spend 300-500 a semester if you're pulling a full 15 credit load. And I'm sure the testing and licensing fees are not paid by the state. I'm sure I'm missing some other hidden costs as well.
Books and supplies were included, and exceeded the tuition costs. Let me know when you get anywhere near $14K.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

FWIW...

All RNs aren't the same.
(Community Colleges don't have a BSN program)
•The 4-year BSN is the preferred entry-level nursing program by most nursing leaders because it provides the best opportunities in today's job market. If you look in the classifieds, you'll find that a BSN is a requirement for many positions. It is the entry point for professional nursing practice.

•The 2-year Associate Degree focuses more on technical skills than theory and is often a stepping stone to the BSN. It allows a student to become a registered nurse and earn money more quickly than a 4-year BSN program, so it works better for many students. It is the entry-level nursing degree for technical nursing practice. Find a 2-year associate's program.

A master's in nursing degree provides you with the background, skills and advanced training to deliver high-quality nursing care in a specialized area, such as advanced clinical training or research.

Nurses who graduate with an MSN are called Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs). These nurses deliver health care services that were previously delivered by physicians, and they typically focus on one of four advanced practice areas:

•Nurse Practitioner (NP)
•Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
•Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
•Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)

http://www.allnursingschools.com/nursin ... s/programs
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

BSmack,

Click on this link. You are making this very difficult, son. I actually thought you were joking when you threw up the international student link. My bad, you were serious.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I'm just gonna let you experts debate this thing. I know what I've paid and hey, I have a license. There are a lot of fees like background checks, CPR, testing fees, license fees, and other fees not listed that you don't see listed. After kicking my own ass for years, I'm now doing what I've been focused on for the last 5 years from Y2K rescuing my dumb ass from New Jersey to getting a license. I owe mucho gracias to Jack, my family, and classmates.

Finally finding something I really want to do and doing everything I had to do to get there is on me. I hope the reindeer blast me in December for some good laughs.

I'm letting this whole thing go as it's a relief to finally make it. Smack away.