The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re: please don't let it end

Post by Mr T »

Diogenes wrote:
Mr T wrote:
Diogenes wrote:And I'm pretty sure I already know the outcome of Marshall/Ohio State.
Of course because the underdog never wins

Sin,
App State
Okay, I'll give you Marshall. Even money.
I'll take it that bet if you give me even money for Colts over the Rams
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Mr T wrote:I'll take it that bet if you give me even money for Colts over the Rams
A) They played last season. NFC West plays AFC Worst next year.
B) Why would I? You're the one who said...
Mr T wrote:
Diogenes wrote:And I'm pretty sure I already know the outcome of Marshall/Ohio State.
Of course because the underdog never wins

Sin,
App State
C) I'll give you even money on the Chiefs vs the Cards. After all...
Mr T wrote:Of course because the underdog never wins

Sin,
App State
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Fuck it... just play a fifth quarter for Mod's sake... if it's tied after that do a sixth, and a seventh, etc.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

how does a discussion of shitty overtime systems get this far with a euro footie reset, which has the mother of shitty OT deciding methods, going to PKs.

c'mon guys, let's have a good old fashioned footie bashing session in hopes of flushing nish out from underneath his rock.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:OT games are won by the coin-flip-winning team something like 52-53% of the time. Hardly an advantage. Leave it as is.
And only 29% of those games end without both teams having a possession. Lot of people with solutions in search of a problem.
Stats kept from 2000-2007 show the team winning the coin toss winning the game 60% of the time, and about 30% of overtime games are ... "lose the coin toss and never touch the ball" cases.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/10 ... in-ot.html

It's been my take that regular season games that are tied ought to play a full extra period -- perhaps 10 minutes long.

But in post-season, I like the idea of a rule where if Team A scores on the first possession of overtime, Team B gets a guaranteed possession to try to counter.
If they do, and it's tied again, you just continue play until somebody scores again - game over.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

That already sucks cack in college football. No drama as the defenses can crack and roll over like Perk at the sight another 3-child chain- smoking dishrag on the interweb.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

JMak wrote:That already sucks cack in college football.
I didn't propose the same system as college.

:|
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Joe in PB wrote:
As for how to do OT, my suggestion is relatively simple: keep the NFL rule, but with a minor twist. Sudden death isn't invoked until one team has scored at least six points in the OT period
So what is the difference if the team that receives the ball first scores a TD? Game over. Why not just stop the opposing team from scoring at all? What this idea does is minimize special teams. A team can win by a FG in regulation, but can't in OT? Another idea that once again changes the rules in OT. Why not get rid of FGs all together? :meds:
A FG could still win the game in OT. It just wouldn't invoke the sudden death rule. Last I checked, going ahead by a FG in regulation doesn't invoke a sudden death rule, either.
The only potential drawback I see is the possibility of more tie games as a result of such a rule change.
Certainly the possibility of games ending in ties would go up under such a rule change, which isn't a good thing. After all, the whole point of playing the game is to determine a winner.
Then why permit tie games at all, under any circumstances? The current system does, at least in the regular season.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Jsc810 wrote:HURRICANE WHODAT
:meds:

You idiots have to be a special sort of tard to name something Hurricane "anything" given what transpired a few years ago.
Jsc810 wrote:We will keep you posted on further developments.
With regard to potential updates, unless it puts your whole shitty state under water... again, no one gives a fuck.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Did you come up with that all by yourself, Jsc? If so, I wouldn't admit to it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Check out the dude giving the cheap reach around.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I hope the Aints get fucking crushed like KCPaul's bedsprings...
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

A problem for the Saints could be they're already celebrating like they've won the championship. Very similar to the Cowboys after they finally won a playoff game in over 15 years. Not good......with the big one still looming ahead.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Then why permit tie games at all, under any circumstances? The current system does, at least in the regular season.
Because multiple, or lengthy OTs are counter productive to both teams the following week. Sudden death determines a winner most of the time, while not adversely affecting teams the following week.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Joe in PB wrote:
Because multiple, or lengthy OTs are counter productive to both teams the following week. Sudden death determines a winner most of the time, while not adversely affecting teams the following week.
Actually, on further review, I think the bigger reason is TV. NFL games are slotted to run about 3 hours. Overtime games, of course, run longer. A regular-season game that went on until one team won could, at least in theory, eat into all of the time allotted for a later game, or if it occurred in a night game, might not end until very late, at least in the eastern time zone.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Jsc810 wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:A problem for the Saints could be they're already celebrating like they've won the championship. Very similar to the Cowboys after they finally won a playoff game in over 15 years. Not good......with the big one still looming ahead.
You're right. But realize that these people down here really don't need much excuse to throw a party, and it is Mardi Gras season right now. No matter the outcome of the game, there will be a parade for the Saints.

Laissez les bons temps rouler. Image

Bad Karma. Colts by 3 tds.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

How about first team that scores 6 points in OT wins the game? It would get rid of the "let's get it to the 30 and kick" philosophy. If the team who wins the toss scores a TD, they deserve to win. If they go chickenshit FG, they have to defend.

Colts 34
Saints 28

My Super Bowl PET to follow...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Jsc810 wrote:No matter the outcome of the game, there will be a parade for the Saints.
That kind of loser's mentality pretty much guarantees your shit franchise an "L." Eat a dick.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jsc810 wrote:Who Dat Nation
What is with this stupid shit? Enough already.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Figures you'd be eating penis. Shocking, really. :meds:

Anyways, rack the Saints for getting the Gulf Coast a win.

You are still a horrible message boarder, a completely lame SCEBSH "trying" to troll dork and just an *absolute douche bandwagon fan. Props for that.

*This has nothing to do with the Saints. Yes, unfortunately I've known you've been a Saints fan forever. I was typing about your CF fan posts. Like, duh.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Rack the Saints. But I gotta say this . . .

First the Tards, then the Aint's. Wow. Just wow. I never thought I'd live long enough to see either one in the Super Bowl, even if I wound up with Wolfman-esque longevity. Especially the Tards.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Rack the Saints. But I gotta say this . . .

First the Tards, then the Aint's. Wow. Just wow. I never thought I'd live long enough to see either one in the Super Bowl, even if I wound up with Wolfman-esque longevity. Especially the Tards.
With the way the NFL is structured it's not totally shocking - but yeah - some franchises just seem(ed) doomed for eternity. Every time franchises like the Saints or Tards get over, it just makes the Lions look even more inept. Year after year of high draft picks and they still can't even ascend to the level of mediocre.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Congrats JSC...it must be an AWESOME feeling.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Paul wrote:Congrats JSC...it must be an AWESOME feeling.
x2, and props to the Saints and their fans,
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s1ptWyt0P3I&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s1ptWyt0P3I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK THAT Mr T.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.