Big12 is very good this year

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Big12 is very good this year

Post by War Wagon »

Harvdog wrote: Well....let's see.....We have always been a football and baseball school. When we joined the Big XII we got a basketball coach.
Bully for you. So I guess joining the XII was a plus for Tejas, eh?

Mizzou's B-ball tradition goes back a bit further, not that I'd expect you to care about that 14-0 run thru the Big 8 in 1994 or the 4 straight Big 8 championships in the early 80's.

Point being, Mizzoufan doesn't take shit from anybody in this conference on the hardwood, not even from Jaysquawks. If Tejas plays in this league for another 100 years, you just might approach that same type of rivalry, but I doubt it.

Who has Misery beat?
knock, knock, hello?

Do you just automatically C&P entire posts without regard to content? Read your quote feature bonanza and see if you can figure out who Misery beat.
I look forward to the rematch in Austin...

...Since we suck so bad, let's do a sig bet. I am game, are you?
Sure, when do they play? It's not like I circle the date on the calendar we play Texas.

I haven't looked beyond the Jaypukes next Big Monday... watch that game and see what a real rivalry is all about.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

for one thing, they beat Tejas in Austin last year.

2nd, they play in CoMo this year, which will be a Tejas loss and very possible beat down.

Who's afraid of Tejas?? MU plays a better team Monday night in Lawrence, and beat a better team in KST already. Andersons team is very young, and is built for Post Season runs, not Conference titles. Conference tourneys yes, conference title no. Which is when it matters.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote:
Harvdog wrote: Well....let's see.....We have always been a football and baseball school. When we joined the Big XII we got a basketball coach.
Bully for you. So I guess joining the XII was a plus for Tejas, eh?
It was also good for every Big 8 school as well. Let's face it, if the 4 teams from the SWC and Big 8 don't merge, you are either in the Big 10 or Mountain West.
War Wagon wrote:Mizzou's B-ball tradition goes back a bit further, not that I'd expect you to care about that 14-0 run thru the Big 8 in 1994 or the 4 straight Big 8 championships in the early 80's.

Point being, Mizzoufan doesn't take shit from anybody in this conference on the hardwood, not even from Jaysquawks. If Tejas plays in this league for another 100 years, you just might approach that same type of rivalry, but I doubt it.
You are right. I didn't give a shit about the Big 8 just like you don't care about Texas and the SWC and the 22 Basketball titles we won.
Harvdog wrote:Who has Misery beat?
War Wagon wrote:knock, knock, hello?

Do you just automatically C&P entire posts without regard to content? Read your quote feature bonanza and see if you can figure out who Misery beat.
This season. You beat KSU....in Columbia. But lost to Oral Roberts? Richmond??? Seriously?
Harvdog wrote:I look forward to the rematch in Austin...

...Since we suck so bad, let's do a sig bet. I am game, are you?
War Wagon wrote:Sure, when do they play?

I haven't looked beyond the Jaypukes next Big Monday... watch that game and see what a real rivalry is all about.
The game is in Columbia on Feb 17. I will be out of the country and will miss it. I am still game for a sig bet.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Texas would have been nothing more than a footnote in the Big 8.

Kansas State has far outperformed Tejass throughout their history. More Final Fours, More Elite Eights, More Sweet 16s, More All Americans, More College basketball Hall of Famers... They didn't amass the total wins and winning percentage that Texsucks did because they actually played in a conference with 5 to 7 competitive teams virtually every season while Tejass played in a conference with virtually no competition outside of a few obscure years. Kansas State still has finished in the final AP poll (top 10/20/25 depending on the season) sixteen times compared to Texass eight; that's double the number of seasons finishing ranked. It's widely regarded that Kansas State under Tex Winters was hands down the best team in the country in 1958-59 when they were cheated out of the title after Rob Boozer, Bill Guthridge, and Cedric Price weren't allowed to play against Cincinnati. Pete Newell the coach of California, who won the national title that season, and Jerry West player for runner up West Va. both have said as much. The AP was so shocked at what the NCAA pulled that they still awarded Kansas State the "AP National Title".

The only thing Tejass can claim is that they played in the Suckwest Conference and racked up wins because of it... Only two teams from the SWC wouldn't be dead last in tournament appearances in the Big 8. The Big 8 schools had more National titles than the Suckwest had final four appearances, the Big 8 had more Final Four appearances than the Suckwest had Sweet Sixteens, the Big 8 had more Sweet 16 showings than the Suckwest ever had tournament appearances. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Men%2 ... ampionship

Texass heads up in series versus the Old Big 8 before the Big 12 was formed was just about everyone's bitch... Losing records to Oklahoma, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Iowa State, and Missouri... congrats on that one game advantage over Nebraska before we bailed you asses out.

For you to even insinuate that Texas basketball tradition is even in the same stratosphere as Kansas State's is about the most laughable concept I have ever seen posted on this forum. They have more College Basketball Hall of Famers associated with a single season (1958-59 Tex Winters, Robert Boozer, Bill Guthridge) than Texas has associated with the history of it's school... hell to be honest after looking at the College Hoops Hall of fame roster I couldn't find anyone associated with Texas other than Abe Lemmons and he was inducted because of his success at Oklahoma City University not Tejass.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:
You are right. I didn't give a shit about the Big 8 just like you don't care about Texas and the SWC and the 22 Basketball titles we won.

The Suckwest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See my previous post... Texass was everyone's bitch from the old Big 8 and still with all your crowing haven't done as well as Oklahoma, Kansas, and Oklahoma State since we opened the door for your one traffic light conference. Oklahoma and Kansas absolutely OWN texass in basketball... they aren't even mentioned in the same breath.

I don't know what Kansas was but I do know that Oklahoma was a combined 96-43 against the SWC before the merger and the margin has only gotten wider since then against those same schools; including Texas who Oklahoma still has a four game advantage on just during the Big 12 era.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

You guys must go through a lot of keyboard and stuff. I just post like a couple of sentences and could give a fuck about arguing about schools. I just like to watch games, drink beer and ask the whore to sleep on the wet spot once a month.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Harvdog wrote: The game is in Columbia on Feb 17. I will be out of the country and will miss it. I am still game for a sig bet.
You've got a bet, what are the terms?

I suggest until the start of the Big XII tourney or 50 posts, whichever comes last.

heh-heh... you'll be wearin that sucker until late August.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

In on the bet. I don't even know what it is, but I'm 2-0 in my last two.

Ever notice when you go to happy hour them come home anD internet you sometimes have to look out of one eye?

Me neither.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Damn the officials just stole this one out of OU's hands. What bullshit.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote:
Harvdog wrote: The game is in Columbia on Feb 17. I will be out of the country and will miss it. I am still game for a sig bet.
You've got a bet, what are the terms?

I suggest until the start of the Big XII tourney or 50 posts, whichever comes last.

heh-heh... you'll be wearin that sucker until late August.
Yeah, I do not post that much. But, hey 50 posts is a fair deal. That should last you about 15 minutes
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You're ok in my book, Harv.

But I'll wear it until at least the start of the XII tourney, if that wasn't clear.

Prime X's too.

I don't wear the enemies sig lightly, justs so you know.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm working on yours already

Two Texas fans walk into a bar...
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

You get double teamed. Harv will give you the sig, I'll give you the avatard. Did you like MGO's?

That was just a .22 bullet in my arsenal.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

PrimeX wrote:about arguing about schools.
schools?
--WW

And I don't think Mizzoufan should be picking a fight with Texas. Oklahoma we can fight in hoops and Nebraska is a white trash cousin orgy, but Texas usually has their way with us in every sport.

As for KSU, completely worthless to everyone who isn't a narcoleptic.
why is my neighborhood on fire
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
PrimeX wrote:about arguing about schools.
schools?
--WW

And I don't think Mizzoufan should be picking a fight with Texas. Oklahoma we can fight in hoops and Nebraska is a white trash cousin orgy, but Texas usually has their way with us in every sport.

As for KSU, completely worthless to everyone who isn't a narcoleptic.
Ummmmm Earth to Bizzaro... your record against Texas is better than your record against Oklahoma.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

PrimeX wrote:You guys must go through a lot of keyboard and stuff. I just post like a couple of sentences and could give a fuck about arguing about schools. I just like to watch games, drink beer and ask the whore to sleep on the wet spot once a month.
Glory holes have wet spots?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Your mothers gets quite juicy. When I unload and helmet paint a U around it with my batter, it looks near perfect.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

PrimeX wrote:You get double teamed. Harv will give you the sig, I'll give you the avatard.
So you want to do an av bet, eh? That wasn't the agreement, but fair enough being as how you'll be the one wearing it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote: And I don't think Mizzoufan should be picking a fight with Texas.
I don't give a shit what you think but you're certainly welcome to stay on the porch.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Texas fan "double-teaming" Wags.

UT hoops slutting needs everyone else to agree that basketball history begins with TJ Ford.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I've watched many of sad teams in our history. This seems like another that will break my heart.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Fieldhouse is exploding :shock: . This will not end well for Mizzou.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Check that - it won't start well either.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Pretty much as expected. They have to travel to Columbia as well.

But yeah, that was hard to watch. If Norm Stewart had a grave, he'd be turning over in it.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I'd ask why bother pressing a team that runs ten deep and has better athletes than you, but Anderson knows no other way to coach. Give up layups, then go down to the other end and put up brick. At least it works against Colorado.
War Wagon wrote:If Norm Stewart had a grave, he'd be turning over in it.
He used to do that on the sidelines of every big game. WAR Sit Down Norm. I miss the Big 8. :(

See you in Columbia.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Degenerate wrote:WAR Sit Down Norm. I miss the Big 8.
I'll never forget how on his last trip to Lawrence they presented him with a rocking chair. I never knew Jayhawks could be so classy and still don't want to know... it ruins all the well founded hatred. But that was downright touching. They finally got Norm to sit down.
See you in Columbia.
Should come down to a last second shot again. Unwar getting blitzed at KU and having to always pull one out by the skin of the teeth at home.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

War Wagon wrote:
Degenerate wrote:WAR Sit Down Norm. I miss the Big 8.
I'll never forget how on his last trip to Lawrence they presented him with a rocking chair. I never knew Jayhawks could be so classy and still don't want to know... it ruins all the well founded hatred. But that was downright touching. They finally got Norm to sit down.
See you in Columbia.
Should come down to a last second shot again. Unwar getting blitzed at KU and having to always pull one out by the skin of the teeth at home.

I was at that game where Norm got the rocking chair......it was a good moment and I think everyone had fun!

That said it was a little uncomfortable to be sharing a "moment" with the Tigers........and it's still a little uncomfortable talking about it today.

It'll be interesting in Columbia, it always is.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mook wrote: That said it was a little uncomfortable to be sharing a "moment" with the Tigers...
How do you think Norm felt?

I just know that when I sit down in this fucker it's gonna' fall apart and I'll bust my ass on this cheesey floor.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mook wrote: It'll be interesting in Columbia, it always is.
btw, Mook... War Cory Tate. :mrgreen:

Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

War Wagon wrote:
Mook wrote: It'll be interesting in Columbia, it always is.
btw, Mook... War Cory Tate. :mrgreen:

:doh:

Love the backwards pass KU throws on the inbounds........

By the way.....for the first time in quite some time I'm very excited to watch the KU/KSU game in Bramlage.....I think the atmosphere in Manhattan is going to be off the freaking charts. Should be a hell of a game. Somehow KU always manages to win in that building. Hopefully they find a way to continue.....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

from my perspective, the biggest casualty of the Big XII is losing the home-homes with KU and MU (and the overall awesomeness of that as a way to determine a conference championship than this divisional BS). the roadie to Waco or Lubbock lacks the same compelling nature. inna day. maybe OU beat Mizzou in Norman but you know got to go Hearnes or you lose at Allen but you know KU's got to come to the LNC. good drama. Devaney Center, Hilton, Ahearn.....you knew you'd probably lose up there a time or two. tough gyms back then.

ESPN wankers are creaming themselves talking about the Big East getting 9 teams in the NCAA which of 16 is less %-wise than the Big 8 was having 5 of 8 in the late 80's and early 90's. and amazingly, OK State was pretty mediocre back then (before Sutton).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote: ESPN wankers are creaming themselves talking about the Big East getting 9 teams in the NCAA which of 16 is less %-wise than the Big 8 was having 5 of 8 in the late 80's and early 90's. and amazingly, OK State was pretty mediocre back then (before Sutton).
that's another thing I loved about ol' Norm. He'd use the media day in KC for the Big 8 tourney as an annual blowhorn to say that all 8 teams ought to make the NCAA field. And this was back when Colorado had some truly wretched teams. But he didn't care; he'd still lay it on thick. And I think he really believed it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote:ESPN wankers are creaming themselves talking about the Big East getting 9 teams in the NCAA which of 16 is less %-wise than the Big 8 was having 5 of 8 in the late 80's and early 90's. and amazingly, OK State was pretty mediocre back then (before Sutton).
Yeah, when you look at what the Big East does relative to having 47 teams in the conference, it's not overly impressive. In what was supposed to be the greatest conference in the history of collegiate athletics last year, they still couldn't even rep in the title game; and the Big East Championship trophy should be relocated to E. Lansing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Exactly. Two teams in the Final 4, and still couldn't rep in the whole enchilada.

Good conference, but overrated conference.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Great take, guy. Don't have a clue about what? I know you're homering for the east coast teams now and all, but try taking the Digger Phelps cock out of your mouth the next time you clack away at your keys.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm sorry, but when they mention Izzo's or any other top coach's resume, they don't mention "national title appearances" before "Final Fours."
Did he not obtain a "Final Four" in the process? :?

My take certainly is not misguided. Get some facts and come back and see me. When you send 7 teams to the dance (yet only 44% of your conference's teams), clean up on selection Sunday with high seeds, then shit the bed when it matters...yeah, but sorry, I'm not jacking my dick to that. Good conference? Yes. Overrated conference? Most definitely.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I know you're homering for the east coast teams now and all, but try taking the Digger Phelps cock out of your mouth the next time you clack away at your keys.

And drop that lime green highlighter too...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Did anyone watch the KU-KSU game Saturday night? That was fairly epic. Unfortunately, KSU pissed down their leg at the end when they had a chance to slow down the runaway freight train that are the squawks on the way to the XII title and perhaps the overall #1 seed in the Dance.

Should be #1 again when the polls come out today. I said to myself when they lost that non-con game at Tennessee that was the best thing that could have happened to them and the worst for the rest of the conference.

Fucking Kansas happens and I'm really beginning to detest that arrogant bastard Bill Self. Apologies to Mook and Degenerate, who are probably the least smug Gayhawk fans I've ever encountered.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Great game. I had my eye on it while watching MSU-N'western at the neighborhood pub, pulling for a KState victory. I thought that home crowd atmosphere would be enough to lift them over the top. Place was insane...even if the fanbase went from total indifference to hoop fever almost overnight.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

btw, Martys' "well dressed coaches" thread in CDS made reminded me of:

not sure about other conferences, but in every Big 12 game Saturday, all of the coaches we're in their normal suit/sportcoat attire... wearing tennis shoes. I don't know what was up with that, but it looked pretty odd.