What an Embarrassment

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

What an Embarrassment

Post by Mikey »

What a complete and utter fucking embarrassment.

I'd like to give the Jets props for a good game but it wasn't.

The only reason they won is because the Chargers suck. Up and down the field for 4 quarters they suck. In every aspect of the game (except for maybe Scifres...maybe).

At least you can't blame the entire thing on one player. Right now I'm just glad it's over.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: What an Embarrassment

Post by The Seer »

Saves the Chargers the embarrassment of getting their asses reamed by Indy...I kept hearing how the Chargers, with healthy LaDanian, Merriman, and Gates would compete....who knew all three were has beens?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

When does the move to Irwindale start?
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

I guess all the talk of Turner being CotY was premature. Even Chokenheimer would have known better than to try that onside kick.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

At least your team performed up to expectations.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mikey wrote:At least your team performed up to expectations.
Playing the best passing team in the NFL with their Free Safety and all-pro corner on the sidelines?

Once I say DRC on crutches, I knew it would get ugly.
:evil:

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It would probably be a good idea to at least give that Jets defense a little of the credit. They contained a pretty damn good and very hot offense, and they did it in the Chargers' own building. Coming off a road playoff win, with the Chargers having an extra week to get ready, that was an impressive performance by the Jets defense.

I posted this a few days ago in CdS, but it's especially apropos now...

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/201 ... sitor.html
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Like I said in the other thread...

Props to Drew Brees.

ImageImage
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van gets it.

It's fun to see the Blots once again assume the role of playoff plunger target, but NY deserve a lot of credit.
Helluva defensive job.

RACK the Jets!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The second pick that Rivers threw had nothing to do with good defense. Neither did the head butt penalty on the following play.

Floyd's dumb penalty nullifying a big gain by Jackson, taking potentially 7 points off the board, had nothing to do with good defense.

Kaedings missed FGs had nothing to do with good defense.

Yes, the Jets played decent defense, but you can't really tell due to the extreme level of Charger suckage. The fact that the Bolts were as close as they were at the end pretty much tells the story of how well the Jets played.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mikey wrote:The second pick that Rivers threw had nothing to do with good defense. Neither did the head butt penalty on the following play.

Floyd's dumb penalty nullifying a big gain by Jackson, taking potentially 7 points off the board, had nothing to do with good defense.

Yes, the Jets played decent defense, but you can't really tell due to the extreme level of Charger suckage. The fact that the Bolts were as close as they were at the end pretty much tells the story of how well the Jets played.
You forgot Jackson kicking the flag.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diogenes wrote:
Mikey wrote:The second pick that Rivers threw had nothing to do with good defense. Neither did the head butt penalty on the following play.

That was about the worst. Except they scored anyway, it just took one more play.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Mikey wrote:
At least you can't blame the entire thing on one player.

...uh gee thanks Mikey

sin. Nate "playoff choke" Kaeding

once again single handedly gifts a win for the Jets.

despite a sub-par performance by the Bolts, they win if kaeding does his job.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ChargerMike wrote:Mikey wrote:
At least you can't blame the entire thing on one player.

...uh gee thanks Mikey

sin. Nate "playoff choke" Kaeding

once again single handedly gifts a win for the Jets.

despite a sub-par performance by the Bolts, they win if kaeding does his job.
And if Rivers doesn't throw back to back picks.
And if Norv isn't a blithering idiot.

The suckitude was a collective effort.

ImageImage
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

For once in my life I agree with Dio.

Any one of a bunch of things goes the other way and the Chargers win. Yes Kaeding lost the game by fucking up. So did a whole lot of other players.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mikey wrote:The second pick that Rivers threw had nothing to do with good defense.
Yeah, it did, at least somewhat. Obviously.
Neither did the head butt penalty on the following play.
Frustration is often the result of things not going according to plan, and the Jets D played a large role in things not going to plan for the Chargers.
They still had an opportunity to score.
Of course they did. One of them was a 57 yarder, which he was almost certainly going to miss, and that distance came at least partially as result of the Jets defense. The other two missed FGs also were at least partially due to the Jets defense, since that D forced the Chargers into those FG attempts. Other Ds probably allow the Chargers to score TDs there.
There probably aren't five other defensive squads in the league who would've held SD to such a low offensive output today. Considering the hole the Jets offense was putting the Jets defense in all day, especially early in the game, that Jets D did a hell of a job in keeping the Jets in the game.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Props to the Jets. The entire team melted down once again in the playoffs. Only team this weekend to lose at home.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Diogenes wrote:

I couldn't believe it when I saw that. They're on a crucial drive & he pulls a stupid move sure to draw a penalty???

No doubt that that Kaeding's first name should be changed from Nate to Norwood.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:It would probably be a good idea to at least give that Jets defense a little of the credit.

Wrong. The Bolts self-destructed on offense and special teams and that is the story of the game. Stupid false start penalties at home are totally inexcusable. Stupid personal fouls are inexcusable anywhere. Combine that with the AWOL running game and it was 3rd and long all day. Those aren't high percentage plays against any defense.

The defense played well enough to win. They gave up 17 points and the Bolts never scored less than 20 all season. 16 times out of 17 that would have been good enough to win. Even with the slopply play on offense, there is no excuse for a kicker missing two kicks from 40 yards and in. If he makes even one of them, it goes to overtime.

Number one offseason priority is giving Complainian the heave ho and drafting a proper running back. He is worse than useless at this stage of his career. He's done. Over. Finito.
The defense played great in the first half, and were the lone ray of hope by halftime. Third quarter they started melting too, maybe out of pure frustration. Dumb penalties, no pressure on Sanchez all day, and Shawonnnda Greene must have broken six tackles on his "sprint" to the end zone.

And you're right about Tomlinson. At this point I think Lillian Vernon could pull him down with a one arm tackle.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So, what have we learned today?

Well, for starters, we learned that the Jets SUCK because they sucked against Atlanta during one regular season game. Nevermind the fact that most good NFL teams do in fact roll out a clunker or three during any given season, and that seasons are fluid. Teams actually do regress and progress, like, all the time! For most teams, one regular season game is just one regular season game. It doesn't define their whole season.

The Jets? They SUCKED once, therefore they suck ALWAYS.

We also learned that the Chargers take the field against themselves, or at least that seems to be the consensus among their embittered fans. According to Bolt Think, the Chargers have no opponent. If the Bolts play well in what are apparently controlled scrimmages, they look great and win. If they play poorly, they look bad and lose. Their opponents are nothing but tackling dummies who are merely there so that the Charger offense will have someone to run around and otherwise abuse. Charger opponents have zero bearing on the performance of the Chargers. None. Not even a little. They're a complete nonfactor. They don't even exist out there.

Interesting shit we learn here.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

DamnTheCowboys post was deleted.

He's posted under another nic - guess who?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal, now I'm a liar, you sniveling fucking moron?
Captain Myopia wrote:Nobody said the Jets sucked.

Really?
Spray, in this here thread, wrote:The Jets SUCK. If you watched the ATL/Jets game, you'd know that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Still wanna talk about 'lying', you whiny clown?

This is what I posted...
It would probably be a good idea to at least give that Jets defense a little of the credit.
That's it. Pretty tame shit. Nothing overly outrageous, and certainly nothing indicative of 'lying'.

Downright obvious, actually, except for the fact that you're too much of a whiny cunt to give your opponent even that little bit of credit.

Again, are the Chargers missing FGs if they've already finished those drives with TDs, which is what they've been doing against most every other defense of late? No, they're not. Somehow, they were forced into FG attempts by the Jets defense, including a 57 yarder which they were never going to make.

I guess the Jets had nothing to do with that, did they? They also had nothing to do with every other facet of the Charger's game which didn't go exactly as planned.

You could total up every 'unforced error' by the Chargers you want, and those errors still don't prevent the late-season Chargers from scoring their usual forty. The Jets had just a little something to do with what happened to the Chargers.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Jet defense has been doing that all year.

They've given up over 300 yds just 5 times and have held teams under 200 yds 6 times.
The Jets gave up the fewest pts in the league this season.

SD gained some yds but they didn't convert it into enough pts.

Sure, they shot themself in the foot a few times, but those things have a way of happening when you're facing a pretty stout opponent.

The Jets showed something by traveling cross country and winning against a team that was on an 11 game roll.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: We also learned that the Chargers take the field against themselves, or at least that seems to be the consensus among their embittered fans.
Chargerfan is bitter, and can't say as I blame them. They've been down this road before and pretty much expect to have this happen.

And Chiefsfan knows the feeling. 3 fucking times since 1995 we've had a 13-3 record and homefield thru-out, only to get punked in the first game by a wild-card team.

But fans of all teams react differently to such bitter disappointment. If Chargerfan wants to play the "we imploded" card, that's their perogative. At least they have the sack to come back in here afterwards and talk about it.

And they did implode Van, though I hear what you're saying about the Jets being a solid team. Solid or not, the Chargers over a 16 game season were a much better team than the Jets.

Methinks you still have a gleam in your eye for Snachez and that's what most of this is about. Well, the gigs up. Indy will steamroll the Jets... while the Chargers would've given them a game.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:They're a respectable team, but nothing special and 16 times out of 17 they would have been sent packing.
Dumb.

Charger fan is 'tarding the place up after taking it up the playoff @ss once again.
Par for the course.

As a general rule, to win in the playoff you run the ball well, play good defense, and take care of the ball.

- The Jets ran for over 100 yds more than SD did.
- The Jets held SD to 4 of 13 on 3rd downs - and under 20 pts.
- The Jets had NO turnovers.

They owned you.

Shutting the fuck up is your best option.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

In no way, shape or form am I trying to say that the Jets are markedly better than the Chargers, or that the Jets completely dismantled the Chargers.

Nothing of the sort. All I said was that the Jets defense had a little something to do with the poor performance of the Chargers' offense yesterday.

To even try and deny this is sheer insanity, and the height of being a poor sport. I don't care how rightfully bitter Charger Fan is, facts is facts. The Jets defense had something to do with why the Chargers only scored fourteen yesterday, and that's an irrefutable fact.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pop, the Jets did have one turnover. Sanchez had a pick on that tipped ball, which the first defender should've picked himself.

The rest of your post was spot on, though.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van just likes to argue.

Sin,
MA
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Charger Fan can't even admit that water is wet.

-MA

KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Chargers were over rated this season - these last few years their record has been a mirage due to the weakness of the AFC West:

Mon 9/14 Oakland Raiders at Oakland (0-0) W 24 - 20
Sun 9/20 Baltimore Ravens Baltimore (1-0) L 26 - 31
Sun 9/27 Miami Dolphins Miami (0-2) W 23 - 13
Sun 10/4 Pittsburgh Steelers at Pittsburgh (1-2) L 28 - 38
Mon 10/19 Denver Broncos Denver (5-0) L 23 - 34
Sun 10/25 Kansas City Chiefs at Kansas City (1-5) W 37 - 7
Sun 11/1 Oakland Raiders Oakland (2-5) W 24 - 16
Sun 11/8 New York Giants at NY Giants (5-3) W 21 - 20
Sun 11/15 Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia (5-3) W 31 - 23
Sun 11/22 Denver Broncos at Denver (6-3) W 32 - 3
Sun 11/29 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City (3-7) W 43 - 14
Sun 12/6 Cleveland Browns at Cleveland (1-10) W 30 - 23
Sun 12/13 Dallas Cowboys at Dallas (8-4) W 20 - 17
Sun 12/20 Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati (9-4) W 27 - 24
Fri 12/25 Tennessee Titans at Tennessee (7-7) W 42 - 17
Sun 1/3 Washington Redskins Washington (4-11) W 23 - 20

True the Bolts only play who their scheduled against, but other than a close late season win at Dallas, there's nothing on here that showed me they were an elite team. They threw the ball well, but haven't had any running game this season. Their defense got tired and finally wilted against the Jet ground game.

BTW - I picked the Jets in the confidence pool
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

poptart wrote:
Shutting the fuck up is your best option.
What fun would that be?

We had pretty darn good season. All in all. All of you in here trash talking had pitiful seasons.

It's no easy to task to win a playoff game against anyone in this league.*

The Chargers lost by 3 points. Forgive us if that is a tad difficult to swallow.

Rack Wags, by the way.

*Feel free to bash the Cowboys at this point
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
KC Scott wrote:there's nothing on here that showed me they were an elite team.
13-3 isn't elite? How many other teams had that record or better?
All 13 wins weren't against playoff teams.

Of course, they were the only team that won two divisions (AFC West, NFC East) this season.
They prolly should have gotten two seeds into the playoffs.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Sun 11/8 New York Giants at NY Giants (5-3) W 21 - 20 Started Giants on tailspin
Sun 11/15 Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia (5-3) W 31 - 23
Sun 11/22 Denver Broncos at Denver (6-3) W 32 - 3 Exposed Dungver as Sh!t team
Sun 11/29 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City (3-7) W 43 - 14
Sun 12/6 Cleveland Browns at Cleveland (1-10) W 30 - 23 No comment
Sun 12/13 Dallas Cowboys at Dallas (8-4) W 20 - 17 Must win for Dallas..
Sun 12/20 Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati (9-4) W 27 - 24 No comment
Fri12/25 Tennessee Titans at Tennessee (7-7) W 42 - 17 Flushed any playoff hopes
Sun 1/3 Washington Redskins Washington (4-11) W 23 - 20

...You can spin it anyway you want, you play who's in front of you. The Chargers picked a bad time to throw out a clunker..plain and simple.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Spray, check this thread. See what my posts have said. They've been all about how the Jets defense - not Sanchez - deserves some of the credit for shutting down San Diego. I don't think I've even mentioned Sanchez in this thread, until now.

So, nope, no cigar for you. You were wrong about the Jets sucking just because they sucked in one regular season game against your team, and you're wrong about what I've said here, or even why I said it. My posts were in response to people giving the Jets' D zero credit for their part in shutting down SD. Period.

You're just plain wrong. :lol:

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Van:
"My posts were in response to people giving the Jets' D zero credit for their part in shutting down SD. Period."

...perhaps because they didn't shut down SD. Check the game stats. SD shut down SD with stupid penalties and three missed field goals.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

ChargerMike, why were you attempting FGs? Because you were unable to get TDs, that's why. That fact is at least partly due to the Jets' D. To say otherwise is stupid. Besides, you were never going to make that 57 yarder anyway, so realistically it was only two FGs that Keading missed.

The Chargers had every opportunity in the world to put up points, all game long. The Jets' O was doing nothing, and the Chargers had possession after possession in which they came up empty. The fact that they only managed to put it in the endzone twice, and one of them was when the Jets were playing a soft, prevent D, that speaks volumes to the fact that yes, the Jets' D pretty much contained the vaunted Charger O. Sure, some of that was due to misfires from the Chargers, but to deny that the Jets played a large role in it is pure sour grapes.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Rack the two seed and bye.

Just like three years ago, the Dolts came in with all the prognosticators crowning them before the kickoff and a sense of entitlement. Then they had the misfortune of having to actually play the game. They are undoubtedly the more talented team. But the Jets had something they perpetually lack. Heart.

It's not a coincidence that the only time they function in the playoffs is when they are the underdogs.

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right, you whining pussy, the fact that you had no running game and you couldn't sustain a drive - despite having a nearly unstoppable offense over the past two thirds of the season - had nothing at all to do with the Jets' D.

I know you're not stupid, per se, so I guess you're just a completely myopic, classless bitch who doesn't have enough sack to stand up and give his opponent their due. It's really quite pathetic, that you can't just admit, "We had a bad day, definitely, but the Jets' D did a good job. Yeah, they had a little something to do with why we had a bad day."

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ChargerMike wrote:Van:
"My posts were in response to people giving the Jets' D zero credit for their part in shutting down SD. Period."

...perhaps because they didn't shut down SD. Check the game stats. SD shut down SD with stupid penalties and three missed field goals.
Not really. They were good enough to hang around and take advantage of Charger miscues and mistakes but that's about it. They're a respectable team, but nothing special and 16 times out of 17 they would have been sent packing.
I'd like to give the Jets props for a good game but it wasn't.

Typical clueless classless Doltfans. Only one of them shows any balls here...

trev wrote:Props to the Jets.

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Umm, actually, no. The Chargers were playing at the very top of their game. Until they played the Jets, they were the hottest team in the NFL.

Whether or not the Jets beat the Colts is completely irrelevant. They still don't suck, just because they sucked against Atlanta, and their D still had quite a bit to do with the Chargers' offense performing well below their previous efficiency. A team doesn't just 'hang around' without doing something which will allow them to hang around. Their D kept them in that game long enough to win it.