Lane Kiffin? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Lane Kiffin? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Post by Van »

Killian, that's twice in three days you've just completely obliterated my retinas with your fucking pics. Jesus, dude.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

What Lane brings to a program is ability to bullshit recruits and his dad. I wouldn't want Lane to be the face of my program. It will be interesting to see what Chow does with Barkley.

If Muschamp passes Tenn should make a move on Leach.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Killian wrote:You think she's hotter thank this?

i think this is scorched ground, or retinae.
King Crimson wrote:maybe it's the leopard thing, but she is kind of scary in that leather-faced, kabuki theatre, middle-aged tropical fish looking make-up fembot sort of way

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32650&p=614771&hili ... rd#p614771
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote:What Lane brings to a program is ability to bullshit recruits and his dad. I wouldn't want Lane to be the face of my program. It will be interesting to see what Chow does with Barkley.

Leach would be a quick fix, but i still say Troy Calhoun is the next guy for next year's carousel....and apparently a #2 candidate for the Vols. and, hopefully, for my CU dawgs, CU gets off it's high horse and goes after Calhoun.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Didn't know that's where the "tropical fish" drop came from. Well done, sir. Well done.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

King Crimson wrote:
Danimal wrote:What Lane brings to a program is ability to bullshit recruits and his dad. I wouldn't want Lane to be the face of my program. It will be interesting to see what Chow does with Barkley.

Leach would be a quick fix, but i still say Troy Calhoun is the next guy for next year's carousel....and apparently a #2 candidate for the Vols. and, hopefully, for my CU dawgs, CU gets off it's high horse and goes after Calhoun.
Calhoun is a good coach that turned AF around quickly, and he has NFL credentials. He'd be a good hire.

He'd definitely be a good, reasonably-priced hire for CU. The buffs were moronic and shortsighted for keeping Hawkins. They're class is falling-apart, who wants to play for a meh lameduck coach and a program that wasn't committed enough to winning to get rid of him? The school can still be sold well-enough but the program? No. Now they've lost yet another assistant. Geez this is ugly.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Brian Kelly is loving this Lane Kiffin story.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Danimal wrote: The buffs were moronic and shortsighted for keeping Hawkins. They're class is falling-apart, who wants to play for a meh lameduck coach and a program that wasn't committed enough to winning to get rid of him? The school can still be sold well-enough but the program? No. Now they've lost yet another assistant. Geez this is ugly.
partly true. they were moronic to keep Hawkins. he's a dead duck in recruiting and can't go looking for new coordinators, because who want's the take that job?

however, the new president made the decision to keep Hawkins since he could not justify the buyout in the "Obama stimulus". even though this money, according to Chris Fowler, was private moneys.

i work for CU and seeing the cuts across the curriculum, i can't say it was the right decision....but i can't say it was wrong either.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'll also say NU fan talking shit is kind of funny.

i mean wasn't too long ago the same posters were hogging on Bill Callahan and the "breakout year" and Sam Keller.

i got ripped here for suggesting that Callahan was a liar and a bad guy and wasn't a "good fit" NU....only to see NU fan worf and yack about how i was bitter about the 90's.

now they same the same things about Cally and smoke the pole of Bo.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

King Crimson wrote:NU
Way off topic, but a Husker fan corrected me one time when I referenced "NU," saying it's U of N. I never second-guessed it thinking the Big 12 guys in here know what they're talking about. A few google checks seemed to show he's correct. What gives, there?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
King Crimson wrote:NU
Way off topic, but a Husker fan corrected me one time when I referenced "NU," saying it's U of N. I never second-guessed it thinking the Big 12 guys in here know what they're talking about. A few google checks seemed to show he's correct. What gives, there?
it's an old Big 8 thing. U of Oklahoma. U of Colorado. U of Nebraska. i don't know the reason.

but, what is on OU or CU's helmet? i don't know about your buddy....but we all say OU, CU, KU, MU....where i grew up. we do both.

if Nebraska is somehow different, that's in the last 10 years, PR, and a crap ton of pretense.
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

He was a younger guy (early-mid 20s) so that probably explains it.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Just sayin'...
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

King Crimson wrote:i'll also say NU fan talking shit is kind of funny.

i mean wasn't too long ago the same posters were hogging on Bill Callahan and the "breakout year" and Sam Keller.

i got ripped here for suggesting that Callahan was a liar and a bad guy and wasn't a "good fit" NU....only to see NU fan worf and yack about how i was bitter about the 90's.

now they same the same things about Cally and smoke the pole of Bo.
I was never one of the guys pimping Callahan. We hired a coach whose team quit on him, that worried the hell out of me. I may have defended him a time or two but never said he was that great a guy or coach.

As far as CU goes yes I know who made the decision. The boosters came-up with a buyout but the pres wouldn't pull the trigger because of the economic situation. But whether the AD or the pres was ultimately responsible the same message comes across in terms of the program, and that's not a positive one.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Callahan got a bad rap at Nebraska. He had 2 problems........

1.The fans wouldn't give him a shot from the start because his style would never work there. Uh hu, that's why they were scoring 30 points a game.

2.Cosgrove. What the hell was Billy thinking hiring this guy? The defense was consistently bad under him.

The main problem was the fans. For an allegedly great fan base, they never gave the guy a fair shot. The fans ripped on his coaching for the wrong reasons. All I heard was "his system doesn't work here". That was false. The problem was his defense couldn't stop anyone because he hired the 2nd worst defensive coordinator in football history (behind Greg Robinson).

Put Callahan in a spot where the fan base actually gives him a shot and give him a decent DC and he would definitely win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I'll agree about Cosgrove (everything, including being #2 bad to GR). but, i think there were a lot of reasons for NU fans to raise an eyebrow about Callahan and NU history and tradition. and i think they gave him a chance, even some blind support at times. i think where NU went wrong was when they started ripping Zac Taylor (maybe not the greatest Qb ever, but kid made some plays on 3rd down) some and looking ahead to the Harrison Beck's and Sam Keller's of the world....and neglected the D side (with Cosgrove).

i was amazed how slow they were at LB and DB under Cos. now, obviously last year and the rankings at the time bear out that Cally recruited some nice players but I think it was time to go for BC. Despite his statements to the contrary, I don't think he "got" Nebraska and after, say, winning a BCS game was gone back to the NFL. He has on record respected NFL players and veterans like Tim Brown saying he is a piece of shit.

so, I don't think Nu fan "not giving BC a chance" is the issue. Denver and northern Colorado are full of Nebraska people and they were elated when BC invented the forward pass and if he beats OU in the 06 Big XII Championship game (which was possible)...who knows what happens?
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Callahan was the head coach in a Super Bowl and Big-12 championship game within a 5 year period.

One thing I always heard was "Callahan never embraced the Husker fans". Well, yeah..........he never was given the chance to. When he was hired they all made up their mind they didn't like him and didn't want him so unless he won 20 national titles, he was pretty much screwed. I'm sure that really hurt recruiting.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i disagree Jon. and you are wrong. a lot of Huskers wanted Solich out (a fact you are ignoring). and Peterson muffed the hire (and not muff in a good way)...and ended up with Callahan.

what i am not saying: is that Callahan is a bad offensive coach. he is a good to very good OC.

what i am saying: is he was a pompous prick who, at the end of the day despite saying otherwise, didn't understand or respect Nebraska football--minus himself-- and made his players hate him both places he was HC. i think NU fans were a little slow to catch up to that....because Solich wasn't Dr. Tom of the mid 90's.
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Jsc,

You'd be much better off if you got rid of Miles. Be thankful if anyone takes him off your hands.
Rack. Now that Charlie Weis is gone, Les Miles is the worst head coach at a major D1 school. Kiffin is still an unknown.
Bullshit.

Sincerely,
Ron Zook and Tim Brewster
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

By the way, I think everyone should ease up on Charlie. He's a great football coach!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:
Killian wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Jsc,

You'd be much better off if you got rid of Miles. Be thankful if anyone takes him off your hands.
Rack. Now that Charlie Weis is gone, Les Miles is the worst head coach at a major D1 school. Kiffin is still an unknown.
Bullshit.

Sincerely,
Ron Zook and Tim Brewster
Illinois and Minnesota don't fit my definition of major D1 football schools.

And Charlie is a tremendous football coach, in the NFL.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK