Big12 is very good this year

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Big12 is very good this year

Post by Adelpiero »

Kansas ans Tejas ranked #1 and #2

KST has a very good squad
ATm has a good squad
MU, while rebuilding up the middle, has a solid squad
Baylor is decent
Tech is decent
Iowa st is decent
Okie light is decent
OU is decent
Colorado might be the only below average team in conference!

Finally the conference is not top heavy.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Big12 is very good this year

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Adelpiero wrote:Kansas ans Tejas ranked #1 and #2

KST has a very good squad
ATm has a good squad
MU, while rebuilding up the middle, has a solid squad
Baylor is decent
Tech is decent
Iowa st is decent
Okie light is decent
OU is decent
Colorado might be the only below average team in conference!

Finally the conference is not top heavy.
KU and Texas are obviously head and shoulders above the rest of the conference.
KState is good
aTm was pretty good until the injury bug bit and now they are average at best.
MU is solid
Baylor decent
Tech is above average.
ISU is pretty solid.
Okie light is below average.
Oklahoma is VERY young so not very dangerous.
Colorado isn't a very bad team. They could threaten .500
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Huge conference opening win at home today for Mizzou over 10th ranked K-State. It looked like they were going to get blown off their own court for awhile in the 1st half and then again in the 2nd, but they somehow clawed their way back both times.

Mizzou arena was going ape-shit.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:Huge conference opening win at home today for Mizzou over 10th ranked K-State. It looked like they were going to get blown off their own court for awhile in the 1st half and then again in the 2nd, but they somehow clawed their way back both times.

Mizzou arena was going ape-shit.
watched most of that one. good game. great crowd.

KSU wearing black unis on MU's court was interesting, to me. subtle?

conference-wise, some of the teams with 12 and 13 wins as conference play begins will come back to earth. a lot of teams have only played 2-4 road games. that % of home-away changes starting now.

i've been surprised by Tech and Baylor (talented, but Drew). KSU, despite the loss (30? in a row now for MU at home), is legit top 25 team prolly.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

btw adel, how about the KC connection with both Denman and Dixon? Both were nails at crunch time today.

Dixon is a true freshman but plays like a senior. 1st time I saw him this year, I'm like, who is this runt and where did he come from? And then after watching him for awhile, I'm like :shock:

Kid can flat out ball. Not sure who to compare him to, perhaps Lee Coward?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: OU is decent
No.
young and no D on the AAU circuit.

no D at OU.

some sad shit. something is real wrong with this team.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Saw where Baylor beat OU for the 1st time since 1977 after 30 straight. Ouch.

I also see where Okie State pounded Taco Tech, who was ranked. Mizzou plays at TT next and that worries me.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Good game on CBS right now. I'm pulling for KU since I can't stand Bruce Pearl.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sherron Collins gets straight picked in the open court. fuckin a.

ballgame Tenn. unless Vol players misses both FT's. he does.

i liked Bobby Maze when he was a Sooner.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

white guy named Skyler with the leaner 3 pointer with no time on the shot clock for the UT dagger. Bruce Pearl on ESPN from now until forever.
"
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

OU is not even decent. If OU scrimmaged Decent and Decent spotted us 5 points, OU would still lose 15-4.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Good game on CBS right now. I'm pulling for KU since I can't stand Bruce Pearl.
Sorry. :(

Hats off to the Vols. They played like they wanted it. Meanwhile, KU's too busy going 1 on 5.

Three walk-ons playing a total of 45 minutes, picking up the slack for Chism getting in foul trouble? And they still win? :shock:

woah
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Kansas doesn't play good defense.......especially on the perimeter. There is a reason that Cornell and Tennessee both shot well from the outside. In my opinion KU hasn't played good defense all year; in spite of what they look like statistically. Kansas is capable of playing good defense and certainly does it in stretches, but they don't do it regurlarly and they really struggle with their perimeter defense.

Offensively the weave they run out top is really just painful to watch.....there are very few screens set for anyone, rarely is there much movement towards the hoop, they struggle to feed the post out of this set. Basically they pass the ball around the three point arc until 10 seconds remain on the clock, then give the ball to Collins and get the hell out of the way....

All that said, Kansas is immensely talented and could/should win the Big 12 and advance to the Final Four. The sky isn't falling Lawrence. But there are and have been many warning signs that this team will struggle at times. I think some of their problems, particularly defensively can't be fixed by a loss alone. People seem to think this loss was a wake-up bell and Kansas will just "try harder".....hopefully that is all that is wrong, but I'm not sure that's it. We'll see, the Big 12 will be interesting this year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The sky isn't falling Lawrence.
Uhh, no, not quite. You lost a tough OOC game on the road to a good team. It happens. No disrespect to KU but man do I want another crack at Texas. Hopefully in the Final 4.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

I love watching Anderson reel teams in.

Finally Illinois bit, Webber always kept his team from getting trolled, but his freshman guards got sucked in. Sucked into what? Running with MU.

I know wags and his buddies cringe, whine, and bitch when teams get easy lay ups on Andersons system, but he's fishing. He wants them to get easy lay ups, because then they begin to think they can run and go end to end with MU, and the game goes from Team A up 4, to MU up 13.

Love watching him throw that line out and set the hook. It's why his teams are always dangerous come tourney time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote:I love watching Anderson reel teams in.

Finally Illinois bit, Webber always kept his team from getting trolled, but his freshman guards got sucked in. Sucked into what? Running with MU.

I know wags and his buddies cringe, whine, and bitch when teams get easy lay ups on Andersons system, but he's fishing. He wants them to get easy lay ups, because then they begin to think they can run and go end to end with MU, and the game goes from Team A up 4, to MU up 13.

Love watching him throw that line out and set the hook. It's why his teams are always dangerous come tourney time.
maybe a little overstated, but i think there's some truth in this. Billy Tubbs did the same kind of thing. he didn't care about your shot %, he cared about getting more shots than you per game enough to neutralize whatever % you were shooting (sounds ludicrous, but that was his thing). so he'd give you the easy one kinda off his gamble/double-team (maybe he turns you over on the overplay). and then, when you had to score in a tight-game, he'd go straight up on D and make you work for it against the shot clock. he was also really creative in the way he would rebound and release guards. sometimes they crash, sometimes they release for the 1-2 pass and easy hoops. also, when Billy had the guys he wanted...he went full-court on you. i myself was at an OU-UVA game where OU was ahead 13-0 before UVA got the ball across mid-court. OU wins by 40. This was a respectable ACC team. Billy loved to beat those ACC teams.

i like Anderson. i don't like the way OU handles the ball (poorly) and seems to have developed a talent for blowing leads (Anderson, good at taking advantage of that), and terrible, atrocious pressure FT shooting. for the upcoming game. MU has won some stupid games in Norman the last 4-5 years. absurd choke jobs by Kelvin (to Quin!).
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: I know wags and his buddies cringe, whine, and bitch when teams get easy lay ups on Andersons system....
Actually, I cringe more when they have 5 straight possesions of turning the ball over like they did against KSU. Wait... I wasn't cringing, i was throwing shit at the TV.

Mizzou played horrible, and still found a way to win.

What's apparent is that Mizzou are supremely conditioned and 10 deep. They wear other teams out. Not with talent, but with sheer, in your face, utter intensity. I guess those 5 am practices are having the desired effect. Nobody outworks Mike Anderson.

Seriously, even if I wasn't a Mizzou homer, his teams are just fun to watch. Being as how I am a homer, I'm loving it.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas is stacked and deep. The sad thing for us is finding enough minutes for everyone. We are also missing 2 good players with season ending injuries. Varez Ward would start on most Big XII teams. Shawn Williams played some but is gone for the year with an ankle. We still go 12 deep.

Barnes job is to not fuck up this year. Avery Bradley is the best freshman who doesn't have his dick in ESPN's mouth. Jordan Hamilton has range and can fill it up off the dribble. He needs to play better defense. The rest of the players you know.

If we do not make the Final 4, this is a shit year. Knowing our track record this year.....we will make the final 2 and fucking lose.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote: Barnes job is to not fuck up this year.
Barnes is a helluva coach. you guys sucked before Barnes. the guy has won with different lineups, pro studs, whatever. i love UT fan.
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:
Harvdog wrote: Barnes job is to not fuck up this year.
Barnes is a helluva coach. you guys sucked before Barnes. the guy has won with different lineups, pro studs, whatever. i love UT fan.
I love Rick Barnes. What he has done for our program is amazing. He is truly a great coach. He has so much talent this year that his job is to put them in position to win. We have played 16 games and he has done it 16 times. His job is to let the athlete's be athlete's and let the players be players. When I say not to "fuck up" it means to play to his strengths. This team has many.

He has grown so much as a coach since he came to Texas. He has no pressure and has his best team ever. I expect to win the Big XII and make the final 4. This team and coach can do that as long as we stay with our game.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

This year i figured a drop, especially losing the heart of team, with JYD leaving(demarre). and lose to a few mediocre teams. Absence in middle has been huge.
sums up OU loss

Tiller has been horrible this year, ZERO leadership from the 2 seniors.

best players on the team are sophomores and freshman
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cade Davis and Willie Warren beat us. What year is WW, I want that fucker gone.

Nice game, Sooners. You out worked and out hustled the Tigers today.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:Cade Davis and Willie Warren beat us. What year is WW, I want that fucker gone.

soph.

winning on the road in the Big 8/XII has never been that easy for the second-tier and middle of the pack teams. which MU and OU are, respectively. Sooners mos def squeezed blood from the stone today.
"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Stupid Ag's. Thanks for the mild heart attack.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Cade Davis and Willie Warren beat us. What year is WW, I want that fucker gone.

Yeah, sorry, phrased that badly. What I was getting at was Ryan Wright having a career game. If he'd had his normal 1 point/3 foul/2 rebound performance, OU loses.
Crocker out too. not that Tony is always money, but he avg's double figs and gets hurt. OU's ballhandling has been atrocious and losing your senior guard who sometimes plays awesome....is not an automatic key to the W.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PrimeX wrote:Stupid Ag's. Thanks for the mild heart attack.
that's how they do, yo.

i thought maybe they had you early. this is the kind of win that makes a difference.
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Get ready for the BIG one at KSU monday night. Bramlage will be shit-house crazy. If Texas can win that game, I'll concede the XII regular season CS right then and there.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:
Get ready for the BIG one at KSU monday night. Bramlage will be shit-house crazy. If Texas can win that game, I'll concede the XII regular season CS right then and there.
not sure i agree. sure they get KU in Austin (but ATM pushed them at the Erwin Center--which is not the greatest gym ever), and UT has to win at GIA, in Norman, at ATM, Baylor....Bramlage will be rocking but it's claim to fame is not exactly beating the big rival and coming through in the clutch. if you know what i mean.
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

The good news is that we played our worst game of the year. We missed at least 10 layups and numerous uncontested shots. Bradley had been hot to start Big XII action and missed everything. He was totally off. Pittman has played like ass on offense. James may be player of the year.

I am worried about KSU. That is a tough place to play. If we shoot like we did yesterday, we lose by 15.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Fuck!

:x

This is teh blow.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Breathe deeply. Your team is undefeated, ranked #1 in the country, and only down 1. I think they'll be ok.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I just don't want them to lose conference games. UConn, I can deal with that.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Freshman mistakes and turnovers. The road is tough in the Big XII. Anytime you go on the road and are playing a Top 10 team, that is tough. We played like shit the last 3 games. I would rather not be rated #1. I will take a #1 seed in the tourney over the #1 ranking when it doesn't matter.

BTW.....how the fuck can you not make FT's? I do not know how you can play at a high level and not make a free throw. Crazy.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

KSU fans shows it ass....."Overrated!!" Nice. So why the fuck if we are so overrated did your stupid asses get in line yesterday to watch an overrated team? You own Texas? Wow. I guess when you are a newer was and beat the man, you make stupid statements.

Will they storm the floor for the overrated team?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toldya.

Texas pussies melting in here, what a surprise.

In B-ball, the North is stronger.

Fuck Texas.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Nice Wags. We are really melting. WIn something then run your cockholster.

The North is stronger because you claim Kansas? We will see who has a #1 seed and where Missouri ends up.

Fuck the whole state of Missouri.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:KSU fans shows it ass....."Overrated!!" Nice. So why the fuck if we are so overrated did your stupid asses get in line yesterday to watch an overrated team? You own Texas? Wow. I guess when you are a newer was and beat the man, you make stupid statements.

Will they storm the floor for the overrated team?
Harvdog wrote:Nice Wags. We are really melting. WIn something then run your cockholster.

The North is stronger because you claim Kansas? We will see who has a #1 seed and where Missouri ends up.

Fuck the whole state of Missouri.
Were you trying to call KState a "never was" and Texas "the man" just because Texass was currently #1 in the country? You usually have some pretty good takes but maybe you should stick to the football forum... I realize the the urge to hop on the bandwagon this season and talk out of your ass in here is difficult to resist but at least stick to the homering of specifically your own team rather than running the cock holster about a sport and shit you're obviously completely ignorant of. Kansas State's basketball history and traditional prestige dwarfs that of Texas... it's not even close or a fair fight! KState has more Final Four appearances, KState has more Regional final appearances, KState has more sweet 16 appearances. KState has spent almost twice as many weeks ranked in the top 20/25 of college basketball than Texas, KState has spent more time in the top 10 of college basketball, KState has spent more weeks ranked #1 in college basketball. KState has had more than twice as many All Americans as Texas. Legendary coaches such as: Z.G. Clevenger (1916-20), Fred “Tex” Winter (1954-68), and Jack Gardner (1939-42, 46-53). Players such as: Ernie Barret, Rolando Blackman, Bob Boozer, Mike Evans, Dick Knostman, Lon Kruger, Willie Murrell, Jack Parr, Mith Richmond, Chuckie Williams, Ernest Schmidt, Steve Hinson, and Lew Hitch.

Kansas State is the third winningest team, as a program, in the Big 12. Kansas State has a losing record to only two schools in the Big 12... Texass isn't one of them. I'd give you a wild guess but it shouldn't be difficult given the history of the sport but what you have proven to be as your basic knowledge of it you're probably the only person around here who would probably get it wrong... Kansas and Oklahoma. Hell Kansas State is the only school in the conference which even has competitive heads up series with either Oklahoma or Kansas... it sure as all holy hell isn't Texas.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Were you trying to call KState a "never was" and Texas "the man" just because Texass was currently #1 in the country? You usually have some pretty good takes but maybe you should stick to the football forum... I realize the the urge to hop on the bandwagon this season and talk out of your ass in here is difficult to resist but at least stick to the homering of specifically your own team rather than running the cock holster about a sport and shit you're obviously completely ignorant of. Kansas State's basketball history and traditional prestige dwarfs that of Texas... it's not even close or a fair fight! KState has more Final Four appearances, KState has more Regional final appearances, KState has more sweet 16 appearances. KState has spent almost twice as many weeks ranked in the top 20/25 of college basketball than Texas, KState has spent more time in the top 10 of college basketball, KState has spent more weeks ranked #1 in college basketball. KState has had more than twice as many All Americans as Texas. Legendary coaches such as: Z.G. Clevenger (1916-20), Fred “Tex” Winter (1954-68), and Jack Gardner (1939-42, 46-53). Players such as: Ernie Barret, Rolando Blackman, Bob Boozer, Mike Evans, Dick Knostman, Lon Kruger, Willie Murrell, Jack Parr, Mith Richmond, Chuckie Williams, Ernest Schmidt, Steve Hinson, and Lew Hitch.

Kansas State is the third winningest team, as a program, in the Big 12. Kansas State has a losing record to only two schools in the Big 12... Texass isn't one of them. I'd give you a wild guess but it shouldn't be difficult given the history of the sport but what you have proven to be as your basic knowledge of it you're probably the only person around here who would probably get it wrong... Kansas and Oklahoma. Hell Kansas State is the only school in the conference which even has competitive heads up series with either Oklahoma or Kansas... it sure as all holy hell isn't Texas.
Thanks for the history lesson. But some of what you said is wrong.
Kansas State is the third winningest team, as a program, in the Big 12
Kansas State first played Basketball in 1903-1904 season. That means they have been playing for 105 seasons. In that time they have a win % of .580 with 1,434 wins and 1,039 losses. Texas first played as a team in 1906. In 3 less years Texas has a total of 1,586 wins and 945 losses or a .627 win %.
Kansas State is the third winningest team, as a program, in the Big 12
Wrong again. Kansas is 1st, Texas 2nd, ou 3rd, Ok. St 4th, Missouri 5th and then KSU is 6th. Nice try. They are 3rd in the NORTH all time but that is not what you wrote.

Since the Big XII was founded, KSU has won 0 titles and been in the conference championship game 0 times. Texas has won 3 regular season titles and lost the championship game 5 times. Yeah, they really have us there.

The only thing you got right was final 4's and All-Americans. But they still haven't won shit in the Big XII.

Before you open your cum dumpster you may want to refresh your knowledge of something you know nothing about. I have been posting in this forum since the beginning. So please, spare me with your shitty takes.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Harvdog wrote:Nice Wags. We are really melting. WIn something then run your cockholster.
You were crying (melting) because KSUfan was taunting your pussy team. And no, they didn't storm the court because they expected to beat your over rated team, as I also expected them to do.

As for winning something, we beat the team that just manhandled your previously undefeated crybabies. We also beat Texass last year, albeit in Columbia, and then won the XII tourney and went on to the Elite 8. Mizzou won 31 games last year, a school record.

What have the shorthorns done lately, other than send Kevin Durant to the NBA?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

War Wagon wrote:
You were crying (melting) because KSUfan was taunting your pussy team. And no, they didn't storm the court because they expected to beat your over rated team, as I also expected them to do.

As for winning something, we beat the team that just manhandled your previously undefeated crybabies. We also beat Texass last year, albeit in Columbia, and then won the XII tourney and went on to the Elite 8. Mizzou won 31 games last year, a school record.

What have the shorthorns done lately, other than send Kevin Durant to the NBA?
Well....let's see.....We have always been a football and baseball school. When we joined the Big XII we got a basketball coach. Since Rick Barnes has been in Austin we have done the following:

11 NCAA Tournament Bids
3 Elite 8 appearances
1 Final 4
3 Big XII Regular Season Titles
4 Top 10 final ratings
2 Top 5 final ratings
Won 30 games in a season twice
5 appearances in the Big XII tournament championship game. Granted, we haven't won yet but hey, we are still there.
2 National Players of the year and 5 All-Americans

Missouri in the same time frame has done what?

3 NIT bids
6 NCAA Tournament Bids
2 Elite 8 appearances
0 final 4's
1 Big XII Tournament Title
Last All-American was in 1994
0 Big XII Regular Season titles

On a list of the 100 greatest basketball programs of all time, Kansas was 4th Oklahoma State was 13, Texas was 23 and Missouri was 38.

I love how you call us overrated because we lost to a top 10 team on the road. Yeah, that really sucks. We still beat 2 other top 10 teams this year. Who has Misery beat? We are still going to be ranked in the Top 3. I look forward to the rematch in Austin. Since we are so over rated and a bunch of pussies, it should be no problem for that 38th rated of all time program to come in to Austin and beat us. Since we suck so bad, let's do a sig bet. I am game, are you?