2009 BB...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Re: 2009 BB...

Post by the_ouskull »

PrimeX wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:(Congrats to Prime on resisting these urges the last few weeks) :waz:
Now that was uncalled for.

BTW- Thanks for getting me addicted to The Wire and then not sending me season 5 like you said you would a year ago. I found it on the net though. Prime doesn't forget things like this.
If seasons of The Wire are getting passed around like doobies, I could use 2-5 myself. I went a few too many years without HBO or Showtime, and I've been playing catch-up.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Vito Corleone wrote:He didn't get the name Jon=Bitch for nothing.
I'm just gonna be straight up and honest with you my personal bitch, you're without a doubt the worst poster on this board (excluding trolls like m2 of course). Do you have any idea how unbelievably STUPID and clueless you have to be to think Tejas 2005 is better than 2001 Miami? I could claim Iowa's 3-9 team of 2000 was better than 2001 Miami and it would be no less retarded. Until your dumbass admits how wrong you are on this (amongst many other things), I think you should have to preface every post you make on here with the following disclaimer- "take this post with a grain of salt because I'm an idiot"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

the_ouskull wrote:
PrimeX wrote:
Now that was uncalled for.

BTW- Thanks for getting me addicted to The Wire and then not sending me season 5 like you said you would a year ago. I found it on the net though. Prime doesn't forget things like this.
If seasons of The Wire are getting passed around like doobies, I could use 2-5 myself. I went a few too many years without HBO or Showtime, and I've been playing catch-up.

the_ouskull

Seasons 3 and 5 are not in my possession at this time; both out on loan. I believe I have single handedly, posthumously, increased the shows viewership by double. It's been about a year and a half since I had all five seasons at the same time.

Prime you were better off not seeing season 5. Skull would be the same. Season 5... was an abomination to all things "The Wire".

Damn... and I haven't passed a doobie in many years now.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

It can't have been THAT many... :D

What's "wrong" with Season Five...?

I'm probably the most interested in Season Four, just to get an idea of his take on the public school system.

Did you know there's a documentary coming out where Wood Harris interviews the "real-life" Avon? When David Simon was doing his research for the show, and talked to this guy, he was like, "Yeah, you can use me. Just don't make me no bitch, and don't make me no snitch, and I won't have to kill you."

Even if the documentary sucks (and it probably will; no offense to Wood Harris) I'd watch it just to hear the dude say that line.

the_ouskull
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

the_ouskull wrote:It can't have been THAT many... :D

What's "wrong" with Season Five...?

I'm probably the most interested in Season Four, just to get an idea of his take on the public school system.

Did you know there's a documentary coming out where Wood Harris interviews the "real-life" Avon? When David Simon was doing his research for the show, and talked to this guy, he was like, "Yeah, you can use me. Just don't make me no bitch, and don't make me no snitch, and I won't have to kill you."

Even if the documentary sucks (and it probably will; no offense to Wood Harris) I'd watch it just to hear the dude say that line.

the_ouskull
The fifth season they didn't have most of the original writing staff and it went a bit overboard unrealistic. Especially with the whole serial murderer story line. The realism was what drew me in. It got to the point where they were reaching too hard.

The fourth season was decent enough. Seasons one and three are definitely the best seasons though.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

serial killer plotline tended to undermine the actual "realism" (as you say) of the critique of the influence of market logic/selling the news vs. reporting it on the social institution of the newspaper and "true journalism" as it were (as vital sources of public information in a self-governing society that simply are not economically viable in a multi-media marketplace in the current "newspaper driven by advertising" form)....it tended to overplay the hand by making it too obvious.

i think all the seasons are very good. 3 is my fave.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

TheJON wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:He didn't get the name Jon=Bitch for nothing.
I'm just gonna be straight up and honest with you my personal bitch, you're without a doubt the worst poster on this board (excluding trolls like m2 of course). Do you have any idea how unbelievably STUPID and clueless you have to be to think Tejas 2005 is better than 2001 Miami? I could claim Iowa's 3-9 team of 2000 was better than 2001 Miami and it would be no less retarded. Until your dumbass admits how wrong you are on this (amongst many other things), I think you should have to preface every post you make on here with the following disclaimer- "take this post with a grain of salt because I'm an idiot"
I gotta be straight with you, no matter what I think or say, your still the biggest bitch to ever grace any and all the boards we have ever been on. From your posting pix of half naked Iowa guys to your lame ass BS about how great your shitty coach is to the 10s of thousands of All-American Iowa guys that could beat any NFL team. The plain truth is you suck at life. You still can't figure out that me thinking Texas 2005 is better than Miami 2001 is called an opinion, and yes it is shared by others including some at ESPN. You and the rest of the board thinking Miami is the best ever is also an OPINION. Deal with it.

I'm more than willing to preface each of my posts, if you will preface yours with "This Post may contain homosexual content and lots of cum stains due to me sucking off the nuts of the Iowa players and coaching staff".

I would go on but it's late, I'm tired, and your really not worth the effort.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Vito Corleone wrote:...your really not worth the effort.

neither, apparently, are contractions.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

M Club wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:...your really not worth the effort.

neither, apparently, are contractions.
Oh, SNAP!

the_ouskull
Last edited by the_ouskull on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Maybe it's something about the color orange that makes you spell like an asshole...

Taken, not by yours truly though, in Stillwater at the beginning of this year...

the_ouskull
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I gotta be straight with you, no matter what I think or say, your still the biggest bitch to ever grace any and all the boards we have ever been on. From your posting pix of half naked Iowa guys to your lame ass BS about how great your shitty coach is to the 10s of thousands of All-American Iowa guys that could beat any NFL team.
Making shit up about what a poster says = bitch.

So if you guys want me to pass the torch, I suppose dude's earned it.

Rack you for sucking worse than Iowa basketball, Vito.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

the_ouskull wrote: Tejas faggots, man, I swear...

the_ouskull
Go back away.

the_primex
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Well, not now. Besides, unless there's something you need to share, wouldn't only half of that statement apply to you, and, therefore, give you no cause to address it?

It's okay, though, man. Go ahead... tell us... tell us where you're REALLY from.

:D

the_ouskull
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote: Toejam is trolling like a mofo, which brings up Van's point -- does it really count if it's done intentionally?

I could toss names out there -- like Noj with the "85 first-round picks" bit... but Jon has solid CFB takes more often than not, and is entertaining.

It'd be easy to throw JSC810Teams, merely for the 810 teams thing... but he still contributes rather than detracts.

M2? Like Toejam, everyone's been-there-done-that, and he's trying to be obnoxious and hated, so rewarding such things seems counterproductive.
Of the four you listed, I’d be hard pressed not to pick jsec810.
I mean, I’ve never seen someone fall so hard for trolls, most notably to m2 and toejam (which is why they shouldn’t be voted BB). Bloody hell, jsec810 has probably already sent 12, post-dated checks to petrus for tuition. You would think as a fisherman he would know when to cut the line, eh? Dude logs on here with 50 pound test and steel leaders ‘cuz EVERY fish, including m2 and toejam are ‘whales’. For this reason alone, jsec810 deserves to be invited to the BB Banquet.

Secondly, and quite simply, his trolling style is pure shit. Really, no other way to put it.

While I’m not much of a contributor to the boards, I do read them daily and still feel capable of objective evaluations. Anyway, I rarely read much of consequence from jsec. I can’t recall anything recently from him other than his spazzed out replies to dins and indy’s bandwagon accusations. Legit football takes having to do with anything other than the sec? Bwhaaa… good one.

Aside from jsec, I’d nominate noj or van… but still, jsec takes it. Noj’s melts are at least entertaining and sprinkled with some moments of profound idiocy- can’t find the enter key on the bberry? Now Van just can’t seem to see the proverbial forest through the trees when it comes to U$C.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I was kidding on the enter key. I just didn't know that shit would separate paragraphs. I just hit spacebar and when I submitted my post it wasn't all mushed together. I blame the site for my incompetentedness (I just made that word up).
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:I was kidding on the enter key. I just didn't know that shit would separate paragraphs.
Thanks for that.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

incompetentedness (I just made that word up)
It looks more like you made it down.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, you guys sold me...

JSEC810Teams it is...

Or me, whichever.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote: C'mon -- I defend Oregon's uniforms.

what's to defend....this is a fucking outstanding look!!!!
get out, get out while there's still time
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dinsdale wrote:me
My vote is for Dins. No one had his colon scoured like he did at Bowel* time. Also, it will be fun ot have a BB that can fight back and stuff. Plungering this BB will take some effort - resulting in good laffs for all. We've had enough BBs that lie down and just accept the board plunger.

*hi mtCCh
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

So are there nominees, is there going to be a polling thread? Do we know past winners and the years they won it?

From my memory babs, trix, and m2 have titles, m2 may have multiple rings.

It just seems that Jon is the biggest bitch to never have won the award, it's time he got his due. It's not where you start but where you finish and jon is flourishing like Rocky in the 15th round.

Dins-as usual self-promoted, as usual comes up short.
Jsc- he's a good dude imo.
M2-an off year.
Jon-total fucking clueless moron. it's his total failure to understand what a tool he is that makes him a special kind of bitch. He's been the bridesmaid....let's get him down that aisle.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Dinsdale wrote:JSEC810Teams it is...
My opinion as well. A 60 year old who thinks he's trolling but fails at every level possible. Dude's like as old as my dad, and if my dad posted like him I'd probably piss on his keyboard and let it sit overnight in the humid air. Sticky 'em up and shit.

Just embarrassing.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Jon-total fucking clueless moron. it's his total failure to understand what a tool he is that makes him a special kind of bitch. He's been the bridesmaid....let's get him down that aisle.
Sucks that I'm right so damn often, doesn't it?