Knight slams Calipari

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Knight slams Calipari

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4752725
"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky, who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."
RACK Knight for saying what nobody else in the media has the stones to say.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Knight slams Calipari

just for old times sake...

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:RACK Knight for saying what nobody else in the media has the stones to say.
2nd

And the sad thing is that the NCAA will not do a damn thing to Kentucky when they get caught because they are Kentucky.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

IndyFrisco wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:RACK Knight for saying what nobody else in the media has the stones to say.
2nd

And the sad thing is that the NCAA will not do a damn thing to Kentucky when they get caught because they are Kentucky.

Oh, they may very well do something to Kentucky; but you can be sure they won't do anything to Calipari who should be getting out of Lexington a few minutes ahead of the posse.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Knight is a part of the media. He is speaking up about it. Nobody else is. Not real tough to comprehend.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Knight is a part of the media. He is speaking up about it. Nobody else is. Not real tough to comprehend.
Ha...I heard a snippet from Knight when someone said he was in the media. His response was something like "I'm not in the media. I have been hired by the media as a consultant to do the job they can't do." I thought it was kinda funny.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yeah, that was solid. Dude can bring the one liners.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:He's at an Indianan HOF dinner throwing shots at Kentucky hoops. What does this have to do with the press?
Who gives a fuck where he's at? Did you think what's said at an Indiana HOF dinner stays at an Indiana HOF dinner? He knew what he was doing. You don't think he realized what he said would get plastered all over ESPN and the newspapers? You are one naive tard. Do you think Jay Bilas would've had the stones to say that about UNC (if it applied)? Digger Phelps? Dick Vitale? Fran Frischilla?
The press isn't hiring a douche like Calipari.
Well, all the more reason they should fear no repercussion in ripping Calapari, idiot.
Do you have any clue about Indiana/Kentucky hoops? Of course not.
Oh, I bow to the historian on UK/IU hoops, the kid who grew up in West Michigan. :meds: The jackass that didn't realize they stopped playing neutral site games. Anyway, your point is irrelevant.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

IndyFrisco wrote:
2nd

When Eddie Sutton sobers up, he'll laugh at this.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That was in the 80s. After seeing what the NCAA did to SMU, they'll never do it again to an institution that traditionally is a power. Handslaps are "nothing" in my book. Shoudl they get caught doing anything wrong, a handslap is about as bad as it will be.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

IndyFrisco wrote:Handslaps are "nothing" in my book. Shoudl they get caught doing anything wrong, a handslap is about as bad as it will be.
This is mostly a correct statement, and from the NCAA penalty it is 100% correct. However there are two X factors that can change how bad a punishment hits the program, both of which hit IU.

One is if the NCAA has an ax to grind with the coach. They had that with Sampson since he was unrepentent and arrogant on top of being a repeat offender who lied to them. I think UK could/would avoid this factor, assuming they ever get caught by the NCAA, because there is no beef with Cal. Sure he's had FF's vacated from 2 schools but in both cases Cal's teflon suit avoided any blame.

The other is if you leave the cupboard empty for the next coach and then the minor NCAA penalties gain teeth. IU was already set to lose Eric Gordon and DJ White so they were due to take a dip. Sampson used his overage minutes wisely and lined up some solid recruits to replace them, including Devin Ebanks. All their guys opted out once Sampson wasn't the coach in waiting. Odds are in the hypothetical where UK is being punished Cal would have at least a couple guys ready to bolt early for the NBA. Just as probable is he'd have some top flight guys coming in, all of whom may flee like the Memphis recruits did, and the IU recruits did. The rest of the IU roster was gutted because the guys had a nice blend of: failing classes, attitude problems, drug problems and other assorted shenanigans. They brought back 0 scholarship players and had to start all over. An essential "death penalty" due to IU's own stupidity. But IU will be back in the NCAA tourney bubble hunt next year in year 3 of building back up. Not sure Cal/UK would have this problem and likely not to the degree IU had. They'd have at least a few guys back and a fill-in or two.

So the minor NCAA penalties hit IU very hard due to the perfect shit storm. If the NCAA hits UK with minor penalties I think it could end up with 2-3 years of UK a bubble NCAA team, which for them would send their fanbase to DEFCON 5. They'd be back to a regular top 25 team by year 4 at the latest, worst case scenario. I think Cal wins big enough that the risk for UK is worth the reward. It's kinda in the DNA of their program.

BTW, rack BtH.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."