JaMarcus Russell SPEAKS!!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

JaMarcus Russell SPEAKS!!

Post by poptart »

If that's what you call it.

He uses some sort of hybrid "english" language where you can just piece together bits of sentences to try to catch his meaning.

At any rate, he, a former #1 overall selection was taken out of the starting lineup three weeks ago and has just now gotten his thoughts together enough that he's comfortable speaking to the media about things.

A little background -- The Nation has been none too happy with Russell's act.

Repeated stories of him being out of shape and not working at his job ... to say the least.

Routinely rolling in to post-game blinged-out to the nth degree after "leading" his team to another 31-3 drubbing by completing 7 of 24 for 106 yds, 2 INTs and 4 sacks, and then answering "I think I'm doing fine" when asked to speak to his performance.

So he met with the media today and here are a few LOLers.

Q: Do you think it (the benching) was deserved?

Russell: I wouldn’t say that.

Q: But if they ask you to rework your deal (contract)?

Russell: Oh, no. That’s over and done with. I don’t even consider that as a part of it.

Q: What is he (Gradkowski) doing well?

Russell: Now it’s just all around. Guys are just making plays around him. In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there wasn’t plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean. Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. That’s what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. That’s what was going on.

Q: How would you grade yourself this season?

Russell: Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasn’t happening. So, the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he can’t do it himself. It wasn’t so well but at times it was. When we look at film, it don’t be as bad as it seems on the field always.

So the quarterback job ...

It wasn't so well at times ...

It don't be as bad as it seems ...

ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

He didn't deserve to be benched.
He won't restructure his deal.
Guys are making plays for Grads that they didn't make for him.
He can't do it all himself.
It wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Three weeks to think things over and these are his conclusions.

:lol:

Flawed Logic
Jake

Re: JaMarcus Russell SPEAKS!!

Post by Flawed Logic »

The guy clearly hasn't learned a thing.

He's a grade-A bozo. Showing up having won nothing but sporting the big diamond studs, the mink coat, the mohawk...how do you take your field general seriously with that ridiculous haircut?
I've watched every game this season (s painful as that sounds) and win or lose, it's sure a lot more refreshing watching when your team has an actual QB on the field. Gradkowski will never be confused with the NFL's best but he knows how to think and react like a QB, even if he isn't one of the more physically gifted passers in the game. Russell is a big zero

Q: Were you surprised when you heard the news that you weren’t starting anymore?

Russell: I really was. I really was. At first, it was very embarrassing to get pulled out. I think that would be for anybody. I kind of took it, sat down and thought about it, just prayed about the situation, and God, he don’t make no mistakes.
Well, maybe not, but Godfather Al sure does and using the #1 pick and $37 million guaranteed were two of them.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

It's not polite to eat and talk with JaMouthFull...no wonder the fatso doesn't speak very well.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...another "character" "caricature" pick for The Godfather.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Does Alcula even think about bringing that mushmouth doughboy back next year?
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Russell is in for a rude awakening.

The chosen one has lost his starting yob, and Al isn't gonna go forward with Russell without renegotiating, imo.

Davis has a long history of not giving up easily on his draft choices, so I expect JaMarcus to still have a shot in Oakland, but I think he'll be finding himself in a competition for the QB job in 2010 -- at best.

There are "stories" of a cough syrup type of "drug" that Russell is supposedly hooked on.
I dunno.

Davis won't bring Russell back at 9 million a year to hold the clipboard -- or sit on the bench in his beanie and bling.

Can you say, CUT??

Good luck landing with another team that'll pay that a 9 mil freight for a lazy loser, fat @ss.

It'll be interesting to see what Gradkowski can do over the last 4 games.
I doubt that he can be the long-term answer for the Raiders at QB.
But right now it's his show.

Bring it, Grads.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

ESPN's take:
So JaMarcus Russell believes he's the quarterback of the future for the Oakland Raiders. Let's take a closer look at Russell's credentials for such a crowning.

He's played in 29 games -- most of them as a starter -- and has yet to pass for more than 277 yards in a single game ... His career TD-to-INT ratio is 17-21 ... He's thrown two touchdown passes versus nine interceptions this season ... According to the Denver Post, he's about to become the first QB since 1998 to throw at least 200 passes in a season and complete less than 50 percent of them, joining Ryan Leaf -- perhaps the biggest QB draft bust prior to Russell's current path.

Conventional wisdom points toward the hapless Raiders looking for another quarterback sooner than later.
Ouch! Worst than Cryin' Leaf? Well I guess so considering he was the number 1 pick while Cryin was 2nd to Manning, not to mention his play is undoubtedly worst. A lot has happened in the last 10 years, but nothing is more evident than the old adage, what comes around.....goes around. :bode:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Grads got hurt.
Russell came in and you could witness the brick become knotted to the ankle of the 'dud offense.

As a back-up QB, he was not prepared to perform, obviously.

Didn't hear any post-game comments from him yet, but I've no doubt that he thinks he did "just fine."

*hic*
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

poptart wrote: Davis won't bring Russell back at 9 million a year to hold the clipboard -- or sit on the bench in his beanie and bling.

Can you say, CUT??
I remember hearing somewhere that this is the final year of guaranteed money for Russell

If that's the case, he's not long for the NFL. Hope he saved some of those bucks- they're gonna need to last him at least 40 more years until he can collect Social Security
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If Frye is the starter, it's good news.

The team isn't interested in playing for Russell.
That was evident yesterday.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

JP to the rescue

Check out the comments too. :lol:

Two of the better ones:
I hope Losman doesn't go into orbit around Gi-Normus Russell when he get's into camp. The Raiders have lost so many good men that way...
In related news Jim Druckenmiller has signed with the Browns.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Interesting signing.

Wonder if JaWalrus noticed it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

So how long before the Eagles fleece Al for a 2nd Round pick in exchange for Vick?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

C. Frye got dinged.
Gradkowski is out.
Losman just got into town.

In comes JaWalrus to lead the offense on a game winning drive to slap Dungver and it's playoff hopes in front of the home crowd.

LOVE that shit!

Props to Russell and props to the Raiduhs for playing a real nice game.

NO props to Dungver for it's idiotic defensive approach on that game winning drive.

Bringing 4 men when JaWalrus' clear weakness is in avoiding the rush and avoiding taking sacks.

Bring 5 or 6 a couple o' few times and I can all but guarantee that you'd not be feelin' like cr@p right about now.

Oh well, as mvscal has said, dumb is supposed to hurt.
Flawed Logic
Jake

Post by Flawed Logic »

Pop, when Frye went down I thought, Uh oh. Forget it.
When Russell went down I thought, Hey, we might have a chance with Losman!
Who would have guessed Russell would get off the deck and come back in and throw a last minute TD to beat Dungver on their home field?

Great win. Major props to the Raiders' defense. From holding the Donks to field goals on their first two possessions (starting out down 6-0 is a whole 'nother ballgame from starting out down 14-0) to Huff shutting down that pass to Marshall toward the end, the defense was hitting on all cylinders. Even after a rare mistake (Stokely's 60+ yard catch) the D came through and kept the Mules out of the end zone.

Also, great game for Bush. Raiders fans clamor for this guy to get more touches and it took Fargas going out early in the game to get Bush in but it worked out very well.

Even Cable, with idiotic play calling much of this season, deserves some praise for this one. Aside from the decision to go for it on 4th down, three yards out from the end zone where 3 points would tie the score, Cable's play calling worked.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Look, you guys need to step the fuck off of Jamarcus.

The guy isn't a lazy POS, he's "Louisiana dumb". If you've never been to Louisiana (Bourbon St doesn't count), it's kind of like an Appalachian hillbilly with down's syndrome who was fished out off the bottom of grandpappy's catfish pond.

He's fat because he doesn't know how to eat and he doesn't prep for games because he can't process the info.

Basically, the guy sucks because as the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid".

Raiderfan, this is what you get (again) when Al uses his brilliant GM strategy: ""He's a winnah! I WANT WINNAHS!"
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40