Nutt to KU? Now Harbaugh???

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Nutt to KU? Now Harbaugh???

Post by Adelpiero »

He's told Lew Perkins he's interested, and they have had discussions.

What? I could see his point, Ole Miss will always be 2nd fiddle to the big boys, Going to KU, it would be 10 times easier to get to title game, than it would at Ole miss. But why in the world would he go to KU? Why not wait for another year, and hawkins is gone??? Regardless of how down CU is, CU>>>>>KU

Nutt beats to his own drum.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Nutt to KU?

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The reporter go that info from the same website that said Stoops to Notre Dame was a done deal and would have been announced last Friday... just sayin'.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

it's actually on kcstar.

Both Lew Perkins and Nutt have confirmed there have been contact and interest!

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1616064.html
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

be a good get for KU. I'm not as big a Houston Nutt fan as some, but he's a proven commodity. His interest is a bit surprising....maybe he's seen something about Ole Miss he doesn't like or something. He's always gonna be #2 behind hoops in Lawrence.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:be a good get for KU. I'm not as big a Houston Nutt fan as some, but he's a proven commodity. His interest is a bit surprising....maybe he's seen something about Ole Miss he doesn't like or something. He's always gonna be #2 behind hoops in Lawrence.
Much easier to get to Big12 title game at KU, than staying at Ole Miss and trying to get to SEC title game.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Nutt is like the Rick Majerus of CFB. He loves to be courted by someone else. That said, by now he's surely realized that Ole Miss fans are delusional as evidenced by the way they rode Cutcliffe out of town on a rail. Factor in trying to recruit his own state with Saban next door, and he's a fool not to examine his options.

Mangino is also like the Rick Majerus of CFB, for other reasons.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

King Crimson wrote:I'm not as big a Houston Nutt fan as some, but he's a proven commodity.
Ditto. For every win he'll steal against a better team, he'll give one right back to a team that's worse.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Don't know what year he is in his contract or for how long, however he'll play Ole' Miss for more dough and KU could just be the commodity he needs, he's got a history of such doin's ya know.

He likes to find a way to entice sutters into bickering for his services. It's all about the :bode:
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Degenerate wrote:
King Crimson wrote:I'm not as big a Houston Nutt fan as some, but he's a proven commodity.
Ditto. For every win he'll steal against a better team, he'll give one right back to a team that's worse.
This

Nutt will coach his ass off to beat a bigdog then lose to Vandy the next week. When expectations are low he kicks ass, when expectations are high he flounders. He can improve a team but I don't know if he can really get over the hump.

He'd likely be the biggest name KU could get. Wonder what kind of $$ he's looking for. If I'm KU I'm suspicious, this year at Ol' Miss was a disappointment and the recruiting-class is meh. Could already be hearing grumbles. But maybe he just looks at the north as being easier to win than the SEC-West. KU would probably be the more secure longterm job.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Papa Willie wrote:Talk about somebody who had some good talent and didn't get all they were supposed to out of it? I'm not in Mississippi, but I would imagine that there are some pissed off people there this year. Remember how high they were ranked at the beginning of the season? Nutt's a weird fucker. He always appears to have a BP of 400/248, so maybe he just doesn't know wtf he's going to do.
Losing Michael Oher was like losing three OL. In 2008, Ole Miss ran for 200 yards a game and Snead was barely touched. This year, not so much, although Dexter mcCluster proved he can ball.

It's a tall order to compete with LSU, 'Bama and Auburn every year.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

What the hell is going on?
http://www.kmbc.com/sports/21936583/detail.html
Harbaugh has been to lawrence for a meeting(buddy i know, said he seen him at KCI), and is in discussions with perkins for KU job????

This makes no sense, that he even has interest, but he does for some fucked up reason!

Tubberville actively wanting the job.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: Nutt to KU? Now Harbaugh???

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote: Harbaugh could be working Stanford for a new contract, because I'm not sure why he would be even remotely interested in coming to KU.
Dude is making 850k at Stanford.

KU will pay him upwards of 2 mil.

Light coming on yet?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:Which is why I thought he was working Stanford for a raise.
I heard a radio guy discussing Harbaugh having a 3 year deal sitting on his desk now..for over a year, because the offer would still keep him the lowest paid HC in the Pac 10. Plus the Stanford Regents have stated the athletic dept. has reached it's financial limits and dealing was out of the question.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

[quote]Harbaugh and Perkins met in New York Tuesday to discuss the opening.

It is believed that the Jayhawks were willing to pay up to $3 million per year to lure Harbaugh. Stanford has reportedly been reworking Harbaugh's contract which would up his total compensation to around $2 million per year.[quote]
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

KU hiring Former Husker QB Turner Gill

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:KU hiring Former Husker QB Turner Gill

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns
LOVE it when a plan comes together...welcome to sheer sucktitude for the next few years, KU! :lol:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."