20%
8 to 13 points
27%
over 14 points
33%

Total votes: 15

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: Alabama will beat Texas by how much?

Post by TheJON »

Nebraska didn't beat OU either....did they? Expound upon that...if you agree....oh mental giant.
Find me a link to where I ever said Nebraska didn't beat OU?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Texas had something to do with it, just like they had something to do with Nebraska's performance tonight...just like Texas also had something to do with A&M's performance.

Texas faced a neutered OU. They faced a neutered Okie Lite. Taco Tech has no running game. A&M lit them up. They played nobody OOC. That's it. Those are the only offenses they played this season. There was nothing on their schedule like Bama's offense, and the Texas O got completely shut down by the two good defenses they played this season.

Meanwhile, nobody lit up Bama's D, and while Bama's O wasn't consistently spectacular they did shred a Florida D that's every bit as good as the Texas D, and they did it late in the year, with everything on the line for both teams.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

TheJON wrote:
Nebraska didn't beat OU either....did they? Expound upon that...if you agree....oh mental giant.
Find me a link to where I ever said Nebraska didn't beat OU?
But Nebraska suck and stand a "1 percent chance of beating Iowa" and that is why a sorry Texas team beat them yet OU technically pounded Texas even though they lost to Nebraska and the Hawkeyes could whip all their asses if games are played in the proper time zones with the right barometric pressure on a 64 degree day in the month of November on a north slope in slightly acidic soil.

Mtool much?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

But Nebraska suck and stand a "1 percent chance of beating Iowa" and that is why a sorry Texas team beat them yet OU technically pounded Texas even though they lost to Nebraska and the Hawkeyes could whip all their asses if games are played in the proper time zones with the right barometric pressure on a 64 degree day in the month of November on a north slope in slightly acidic soil.

Mtool much?
If you're going to argue with me, could you at least not make up shit I say?

I did not say Nebraska sucks. I said their offense is one of the worst offenses I have ever seen. That's pretty indisputable. I did not say Texas is a sorry team. They played a horrible game today, but they're a good team. What I said is they are no more deserving to play for a national title than Cincinnati, Boise State, or TCU. In fact, I would argue that Cincy and TCU have better cases for playing Alabama than Texas.

I'm still waiting for someone to give me reasons why Texas is more deserving? Fact of the matter is College Football is rigged. Let's be honest here, this has nothing to do with the teams. It's rigged so that the championship game will always have teams like Texas and Alabama in it. This is why CFB is not a real sport. It more or less an entertaining dog and pony show. Nobody wins a national title. Ever. No school has ever won a national title in CFB. They might have a trophy claiming they did, but that's just a phony trophy.

Texas is playing for the title because they're Texas. Not because they deserve it. Their schedule was no more difficult than Cincinnati's, and their best win was no better than Boise State or TCU's. I will not give them props for making it to the championship game. They don't deserve props. They deserve props for going 13-0. That is impressive, no doubt. But I don't give teams props for achieving something only because it was fixed.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Texas is playing because they won the Big 12. Last year it was the best conference in College Football. This year it was down. No doubt. But, we still had 9 teams qualify for bowls. We also have 1 team playing for a National Champioship, Texas.

Jon, you really need to stop. And while you are pulled over in the truck stop looking at the meth pussy, Eat a Bag of Dicks and Die in a Fire.

Carry on.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Just sayin', my original point was that if I were Horn Fan I'd be concerned over the way Bama shredded a fired up D today that's every bit as good as my own, while in the meantime my own O failed in its only two games against good defenses this season.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You have nothing to base that on. Going into today, the general consensus was that either Florida or Bama had the best D in the country.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Based on what? You're not going to sit there and say that Bama's D isn't at least on a par with OU's and Nebraska's, and both those Ds completely annihilated the Texas O. You're also not going to sit there and say either the OU or Nebraska Os are anywhere near as good as Bama's, and both those teams nearly beat Texas on a neutral field. So, where is this good match up you see?

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Only with the matchups analysis, not with the general flowery summation.

By the way, Bama does have Terrance Cody on their D-line. No, he's not Suh, he's a very different type of player in that he's not a pass rusher/playmaker, but he is a monster.

What Texas hasn't faced this year is an offensive line like Bama's, nor have they faced anything like that type of running attack, to go with the balance of a reasonably strong passing game. With Dez Bryant being out for the Texas game, Julio Jones may be the best receiver Texas will see all year, and Ingram is certainly the best runner they've seen.

I'm going to also say that Saban is the best coach they've seen all year. Bama is one steady as fuck, mistake-free team.

Texas also hasn't faced a team who is even remotely as balanced as Bama, on both sides of the ball.

They even have a good kicker, and some damn hot cheerleaders.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I see Alabama as the best pro-style ball-control offense in the nation. When Ingram, along with some Richardson and Upchurch mixed in, can grind out yards on the ground and McElroy is given time to throw...they're very tough to beat. They shredded a very athletic and talented defense yesterday (albeit without a stud DE). Personnel-wise, Texas doesn't have nearly as many weapons on offense as Florida has nor what they had in 2005.

To draw upon on 2005 as a reason to why they'll win this time around makes no sense. That '05 absolutely slaughtered their opposition. They had the close win at the Shoe but they had 9 wins of more than 30 points. This Texas team is very vulnerable...we saw it last night. I'm not taking away from how great McCoy has been in his career but all he's got is his boy Shipley and then a bunch of interchangeable pieces. As long as Tide doesn't let Shipley get loose...I can't see the Horns having a prayer in this one. I said just 4-7 points in the poll but I can see this being at least a two score edge for the Tide. Give Saban a month to prepare for this one...have mercy.

Early prediction...
Alabama 28
Texas 17
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

After watching the Bama yesterday and Texas the past 2 weeks, I don't feel too confident. But I can only hope Muschamp has not forgotten how to game plan for an SEC offense and Major did work under Saban. As a Horn fan I still can't read this team. They may get smoked or further stroke the proverbial cock the is the media driven SEC. All I care about is Texas getting a shot. Growing up watching Texas from the early 80's on I never could have imagined them winning it all in the first place, let alone having a chance to do it twice. And congrats to Coach February on his 2nd conference championship. And Bo Pelini, get ready to be fined by the Big XII for your infantile tirade after last night. Maybe you should play to win not play not to lose and stop crying. Nebraska is and will continue to be the bitch of Texas.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Gee Harv...why you got to go all calling OSU Pathetic...LOL
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

HTF does this thread go almost 2 full pages without an appearance by my favorite troll, SECBSH?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

It should be relatively close. :doh:

'Bama by 16 :twisted: .
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Bama will win by 2+ TDs. Texas offense folds like a lawn chair against good defenses with talent (see Oklahoma and Nebraska). Texas won't score more than 17 points and expect Bama to put up 31+ with Saban having over a month to prepare.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I don't think Texas will lay down and quit before halftime the way Florida did, but they may want to consider leaving in a RB to block on pass plays every now and then, when it's demonstrated that your five can't block the other team's four.

Saban's proving lethal when he gets second crack at a guy. I don't think he'll need two games for Mack Brown.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I love it. Alabama is the 2005 reincarnation of USC. They are unbeatable. Texas is lucky to be there because we needed a field goal to beat a Nebraska team that ended up 9-4.

Funny how everyone forgot that Alabama struggled against Tennessee. If NU and Tennessee played who would win? I would take NU. Alabama needed to block 2 field goals to beat them in Tuscaloosa. I guess that was forgotten. Didn't Alabama need a late TD on the road to beat an average Auburn team? I guess that was forgotten too. I hardly think that Tennessee and Auburn have defenses as good as OU and NU. But they do play in the SEC so they have to be better than the Big XII.

Count us out. Give Ingram the Heisman so we have a pissed off motivated QB. When we are raising another Trophy on January 7th, I will accept your apologies. This is 4 years ago all over.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:Vito, not since 2003? Huh? Didn't you see this year's OU-Texas game? OU's D completely demolished the Texas O, nearly as badly as Nebraska's did tonight. Texas only won that game because the OU O was comically bad.
Did you not watch the 2nd half of that game? The Texas O got on track and moved the ball fairly well in the 2nd half they did have a couple turnovers but still they were able to pass protect and run the ball. It was a struggle but we weren't left scratching our heads the whole time trying to fugure out where the next sack was coming from. Pelini drew up a hell of a defensive game plan and for the most part they were keeping our offense completely off balance.

Of course it doesn't hurt if you can generate a massive pass rush with only one guy rushing the passer. I'm having nightmares about seeing Suh kick our lines ass. We actually triple-teamed his ass and still couldn't stop him.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:Based on what? You're not going to sit there and say that Bama's D isn't at least on a par with OU's and Nebraska's, and both those Ds completely annihilated the Texas O. You're also not going to sit there and say either the OU or Nebraska Os are anywhere near as good as Bama's, and both those teams nearly beat Texas on a neutral field. So, where is this good match up you see?
I will say that the bama linebackers are better than both Oklahoma and Nebraska's backers. Not buy much when it comes to Oklahoma but they are better. No way is their dline as good as either Oklahoma or Nebraska's. Suh by himself is better then the entire Alabama line. Gerald McCoy is light years better than that fat POS bama has. As for DBs I would say that both Oklahoma and Nebraska are better but only by a very small margin.

Look very closely at the teams bama faced, how many were solid passing teams? Their statistics against the pass are very inflated.

I don't figure we are going to run too well against the bama defense since they are damn good against the run, but I like our chances against their pass defense.

You can say what you want about how great bama did against Florida but they looked equally as shitty against Tennessee and allbarn. It was pretty easy to tell that the Florida players and coaches were caught completely off-guard by the Alabama game plan, and that was a huge factor in both the margin of victory and the point total they scored. Fact is Saban completely out coached Meyer in that game. However he did shoot his wad and Texas has some damn good game film to prepare for. So unless he comes out running the wishbone I highly doubt he is going to catch the Texas coaches off guard.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:I love it. Alabama is the 2005 reincarnation of USC. They are unbeatable. Texas is lucky to be there because we needed a field goal to beat a Nebraska team that ended up 9-4.

Funny how everyone forgot that Alabama struggled against Tennessee. If NU and Tennessee played who would win? I would take NU. Alabama needed to block 2 field goals to beat them in Tuscaloosa. I guess that was forgotten. Didn't Alabama need a late TD on the road to beat an average Auburn team? I guess that was forgotten too. I hardly think that Tennessee and Auburn have defenses as good as OU and NU. But they do play in the SEC so they have to be better than the Big XII.

Count us out. Give Ingram the Heisman so we have a pissed off motivated QB. When we are raising another Trophy on January 7th, I will accept your apologies. This is 4 years ago all over.
Oh bullshit they're are most certainly beatable... but not by a team like Texas. Bama had gets a free pass to the Crystal Ball this season. I'd rather see them have to play TCU... hell after seeing Texas this season against anybody on offense or defense worth a shit they played I'd rather see Boise State play them for all the marbles... at least their offense didn't fold up and break camp when they played Oregon.

P.S. Gerhart or Suh are going to win the Heisman. McCoy and Ingram are fighting for the also ran spot that nobody remembers in a decade.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

campinfool wrote:Nebraska is and will continue to be the bitch of Texas.
Your damn right as long as holding is ruled (non-applicable) where Texass is concerned.
9 sacks, countless hurries, and defensive linemen jerseys' stretched to 1 size larger; post game...not 1 fucking holding call against Texas. Go figure....BCS my ass.

Roll Tide!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cornhusker wrote:
Your damn right as long as holding is ruled (non-applicable) where Texass is concerned.
9 sacks, countless hurries, and defensive linemen jerseys' stretched to 1 size larger; post game...not 1 fucking holding call against Texas. Go figure....BCS my ass.

Roll Tide!

Yeah in all honesty I didn't see one play where Hix or Ulatoski weren't holding that entire game for Texas and it was never once called. It was utterly dumbfounding.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:I have a Bevo bobbing head doll that I've had since I was 13.

Always liked the Longhorns. Can't work up any hatred for them.

Damn.
The last bit of respect I had for you is gone...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: The last bit of respect I had for you is gone...
I thought that was already drained in the TCU thread. :D

I'm a Sooner fan, too. See, that can work here in Alabama. Sure wouldn't do out in UT/OU land, would it?

I always liked Darryl Royal and Tommy Nobis and Steve Worster and Earl Campbell and a buncha 'Horns. Then, too I liked a lotta Sooners like Jack Mildren and Billy Sims. Never cared for Switzer a lick, though. Plus I have a lot of friends in the Norman area.
Fuck Daryl Royal... the original Francione. Could never go home... but it is nice to OU Alumni Stadium in Austin.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Cornhusker wrote:

Roll Tide!
Just a borrowed offensive game plan borrowed from Texas Tech :hfal: