Who's Done the Least With the Most?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Who's Done the Least With the Most?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sadly, I'd have to substitute Illinois for Michigan State. Illinois at least made it to a Rose Bowl. Illinois should never make it to the Rose Bowl. Facilities? Boosters? Bwahahaha. It's a freaking basketball school and Memorial Stadium is a morgue most of the time. The fact that Zooker was able to pull a few decent recruits over the years doesn't change all that.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Notre Dame? The fact that they're not on that list is laughable.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Katy

Post by Katy »

Killian wrote:Notre Dame? The fact that they're not on that list is laughable.
I'll 2nd that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:They also made it to the Sugar Bowl in 2002. So that makes, in BCS apperances in the 21st century: Illinois 2, MSU 0.
Right, I forgot about that. Shit, if anything, they've overachieved.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Not sure the order there Sam, but if A&M was #1, [Weis]I'd have a hard time arguing that.[/Weis]

A&M is the single largest underachieving program in BTPCFB in the last decade, bar none.

W-L is 64-58

1-4 in bowl games, the 1 win being against TCU in the shitty galleryfurniture.com Bowl in Houston. The 4 losses were to meh teams and we mostly got blown the fuck out.

You'd be hard pressed to find an institution that has as much financial support, facility support and fan support who is less dissapointing than the state of the Texas A&M football program right now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote:Not sure the order there Sam, but if A&M was #1, [Weis]I'd have a hard time arguing that.[/Weis]

A&M is the single largest underachieving program in BTPCFB in the last decade, bar none.

W-L is 64-58

1-4 in bowl games, the 1 win being against TCU in the shitty galleryfurniture.com Bowl in Houston. The 4 losses were to meh teams and we mostly got blown the fuck out.

You'd be hard pressed to find an institution that has as much financial support, facility support and fan support who is less dissapointing than the state of the Texas A&M football program right now.
Notre Dame.

In the last 10 years:

70-53

1-5 in Bowl games. The one win against a shitty Hawaii team, and blown the fuck out in all other 5 games. Twice againts Oregon State, once against North Carolina State, once against Ohio State, once against LSU.

Jesus Christ, this is like a chinese dick measuring contest.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Illinois is no more of a "basketball school" than MSU. Conventional Wisdom based on results is that MSU is a basketball school, but we both know that is not the case. I think it's unfair to Illinois to call them a basketball school when the disparity between success on the hardwood and the gridiron isn't that wide at ILL.
Disagree. Fan support dictates the stigma. If MSU pulls a 4 win season, Spartan Stadium is still packed, and basketball isn't on the radar until the final football game has been played. Understand I'm speaking in generalities.

Illinois though won't sell out if they pull the occasional dream season out of their ass, let alone when they're pulling their routine 2-4 win seasons. Total morgue, in those instances, almost as bad as Northwestern and Indiana. Of course Assembly Hall is always packed, and the fans rabid. MSU recently finished a $15 million facility renovation, making the Skandalaris Center considered some of the best football facilities in the country. What they pour into the football program financially, and what they get out of it, is definitely on a higher level than Illinois.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Considering the obscene amount of high draft picks they churn out year after year, I don't see how any team has done less on the field than Virginia.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Food for thought -- Wazzu has gone from perennial Rose Bowl contender to... that over the course of the decade. They may not have had quite the resources that the others on that list do, but Doba proved that it's possible to win there.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i agree with A&M as my #1. I really thought A&M had a chance to get back in the picture not only in the South but to be "the team" in Texas when Mack was saddled with the "can't win the big one" moniker in the earlly 00's....and they made the move to hire Francione (coming off a 10 win season at Bama).

i'd say Missouri has played their way off the list with 07 and 08 (but, historically, are pretty viable get back in the picture--in a hoops/football combo, they are on my list over my lifetime). Colorado has played their way on the list under Hawkins.

hard to disagree with ND.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Killian wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:Not sure the order there Sam, but if A&M was #1, [Weis]I'd have a hard time arguing that.[/Weis]

W-L is 64-58

Notre Dame.

In the last 10 years:

70-53

1-5 in Bowl games. The one win against a shitty Hawaii team, and blown the fuck out in all other 5 games. Twice againts Oregon State, once against North Carolina State, once against Ohio State, once against LSU.

Jesus Christ, this is like a chinese dick measuring contest.
The big thing about the aggsy is that they have one of the largest athletic budgets in all college sports. Something like 50 mil annually. For ND to contend with aggsy they would need to have a bigger budget and greater failure. I see the failure but not sure about the athletic budget.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Maybe Clemson has been consistently mediocre enough to stay off this list, but I'd give them honorable mention status. Every year is supposed to be their "Watch out for Clemson!" breakout year and then, blech. For a place as "intimidating" as Death Valley, the rabid fan support, and the talent that Clemson recruits you'd think they could pull a token BCS game especially when you consider the nosedive the ACC took.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

88 wrote:My 5:

Notre Dame
Miami, FL
Michigan State
California
Colorado
I don't think you can include Miami on that list over the last decade. Have at least an argument to have played in national title game they were left out of, won a national title, and got beat for another. Also put together a 30 something game win streak and 20 something game home win streak They've had a lot of talent in their system but this was the first season they've had a QB since the early part of the century to go with the surrounding talent and they did decently. The coaching turn over between Davis and Randall was been pretty significant as well. I just can't agree with there inclusion.

The rest I can at least agree they have an argument for the honors.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Another name to ponder -- Tennessee.

Sure, they never flat-out suck, but with that huge name and huge resources, they should really do better.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And going a little different, homer direction -- as far as 1AA goes, no one underachieves like Portland State. Without looking up any stats, they may be the largest 1AA out there, or certainly near the top. Located right downtown in a major urban area, big-name academic school, lots of wealthy alums... and they can't even compete in the freaking Big Sky, where the competition is a bunch of hillbilly towns. Their stadium is right in a heavily populated area, surrounded by alums, yet pull 5000 fans on a good day. They even hired a big-name coach, and still couldn't pull shit for recruits. When you consider it's a bigger school than Oregon or Oregon State, it makes their performance all the more pathetic.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Washington? since the Trickster and Citizen #1 Jerramy Stevens.....right in the dumper. 7-8 years of dreadful football. looking up, i guess with 5 W's this year....i guess.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:
King Crimson wrote: Citizen #1 Jerramy Stevens
All I can think of when I see that name is all his dropped passes in the Super Bowl. What a bum.

In the U&L, he's better known for his wake of sexual assault victims.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

in 2009 it was hands down USC, 15 5 star players and their 4 losses were to teams that combined didnt have 15 5 star players. Its what happens when yo have 5 star athletes being coached by 1 star assistants.
For fucks sake Carroll, get rid of Seto and throw millions at Orgeron, your defense has been shitty since Coach O left.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Killian wrote:Jesus Christ, this is like a chinese dick measuring contest.
:lol:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev