Nebraska/Texas in game

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Paul
Elwood

Nebraska/Texas in game

Post by Paul »

Colt's been picked TWICE in the 1st 7 minutes of the game? :shock:

Oh and Suh can't be blocked by TWO guys....what a fucking BEAST.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Nebraska/Texas in game

Post by Moby Dick »

as long as nebraska doesnt shoot themselves in the foot ala OU nebraska has a solid shot at this shit.

Wow long fg by neb....nice
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Go Big Red!!!!!!! I hope they give me a reason to keep watching this game.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

if i'm NU, you gotta be pleased so far. but, getting a TD would have been nice (though, very little ball movement).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

NU is sure working hard to convert 3rd and 1's and 2's.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Get the feeling that practically everyone in America who isn't a Horn is rooting for Nebraska tonight?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:Get the feeling that practically everyone in America who isn't a Horn is rooting for Nebraska tonight?
I sure hope so...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I just want to see the Big XII fuck themselves with this joke of a "championship" game. I want this farce tonight to deprive a team from their league of a chance to play for a national title. Let them pat themselves on the back and count their smaller stack of money while they watch TCU or Cincy play Bama for the bigger prize and the bigger money.
Last edited by Van on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

CU fans i know are pretty pro-Horn for this one. s'why i'm watching this one at home. i couldn't take a room full of CU fans (who are a BIG downer these days) pulling for Texas.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:I just want to see the Big XII fuck themselves, with this joke of a "championship" game. I want this farce tonight to deprive a team from their league of a chance to play for a national title.
I just want it to deprive texass. :twisted:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Van wrote:I just want to see the Big XII fuck themselves, with this joke of a "championship" game. I want this farce tonight to deprive a team from their league of a chance to play for a national title.
I just want it to deprive texass. :twisted:
my motive is real simple, too. whatever happens after, i don't care.
"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Another good stop by the D, but they can't hold forever. We need Lee to make a few plays to keep the sticks moving and maybe even get a td.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Would you settle for a pick of Lee in the end zone, following a blocked punt and a great opportunity with a short field?

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

#74 for Texas is holding every play
"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Van wrote:I just want to see the Big XII fuck themselves with this joke of a "championship" game. I want this farce tonight to deprive a team from their league of a chance to play for a national title. Let them pat themselves on the back and count their smaller stack of money while they watch TCU or Cincy play Bama for the bigger prize and the bigger money.

Actually, it'd be better for the Big 12 money wise to have NU win. They'd have two BCS teams. The payout is not higher for the championship. It's the exact same for all the BCS bowls.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, that's true.

I'll settle for seeing them fuck themselves out of a chance for the title. :lol:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

This game looks a lot like OU-Texas. Why does Texas seem to start so slowly, so often, this season?

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

If Texas somehow eaks out a W then the will get destroyed by Bama. This looks pathetic.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mvscal wrote:I doubt it. They have a bad habit of playing down to their competition.
maybe. i posted this after the OU-Ut game.....you take away Shipley with a real DB (like OU, NU or Bama would have), it's a lot easier to pressure McCoy and defend all the dink/dunk underneath stuff with McCoy's zone read scrambles.
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:I doubt it. They have a bad habit of playing down to their competition.
What competition? They haven't had any this season.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:I just want to see the Big XII fuck themselves with this joke of a "championship" game. I want this farce tonight to deprive a team from their league of a chance to play for a national title.
There you go again. :meds:

Nebraska is amped for this game and Texas had better bring it, else they don't deserve a shot at the title.

You say it's a farce, but you're damn sure watching it.

The farce is you thinking you should get to make the rules.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, Wags, I think I shoud get to make the rules, and I think that what's posted here on a message board has any bearing on anything...you mental blob.

I'm only watching this on the odd chance that Texas could lose, in a game they have no business even being required to play.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: I'm only watching this on the odd chance that Texas could lose, in a game they have no business even being required to play.
They play it because it's on the schedule, agreed to before the season started, just as Florida and Alabama had to play today.

Which part of that don't you get?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:Yep, I guess this game is significant, even though you think it's a farce.

Of course this farce is significant, you feeble old lady. This particular farce offers the opportunity of seeing the true league champion knocked out of the national title chase.

War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Nebraska's offense is a complete abortion. They have no chance to win despite a dominant defense.

Speaking of which, isn't it amazing how the Big 12 flipped in just one year. Last year, the conference had elite offenses (Oklahoma, Texas, Tech, OSU, Mizzou, Kansas) and very little D while this year it has elite defenses (Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma) and very little O.

Suh may be the best I've ever seen.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote: I'm only watching this on the odd chance that Texas could lose, in a game they have no business even being required to play.
They play it because it's on the schedule, agreed to before the season started, just as Florida and Alabama had to play today.

Which part of that don't you get?
I get all of that, and it's still a farce. They need to amend their league rules, to provide a modicum of common sense: CCGs should only be played when needed to break a tie in the conference.

Texas went 8-0 in conference. Nebraska went 6-2, so they can't even use the argument that they didn't get to play Texas. They were two games behind, so Texas already won the Big XII, regardless of what may have happened had they played earlier in the season. This game offers nothing but a chance to knock the true league champ out of the national title game.

It's a farcical, transparent, cynical money grab, and nothing else.
Last edited by Van on Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:
Van wrote:
Mace wrote:Yep, I guess this game is significant, even though you think it's a farce.

Of course this farce is significant, you feeble old lady. This particular farce offers the opportunity of seeing the true league champion knocked out of the national title chase.
Or put Texas into the national championship game, you ignorant piece of shit.
If the season ended last week for them, the way it should have, they'd already be in the national title game, you fucking cantaloupe.

God, you're horrible. You 'think' like a goddamn labrador retriever.

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

King Crimson wrote:#74 for Texas is holding every play
Damn zebras are killing us, we're getting mugged out there and they do NOTHING. I saw so many hands full of jersey on Texas's scoring-drive, it was absurd.

Geez our O is bad. Our guys just take turns killing plays against a first-rate D we can't afford to blow our legs off against. We might as well put Cody Green in Lee is throwing picks and isn't even "managing" the offense like he's supposed to.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: It's a farcical, transparent, cynical money grab, and nothing else.
Bullshit.

It's a fucking football game that obviously a lot to anybody directly involved, you intolerably sanctimonious nursemaid.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's a cynical farce, and quite plagiarizing my insults. :lol:

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Van wrote: I get all of that, and it's still a farce. They need to amend their league rules, to provide a modicum of commen sense: CCGs should only be played when needed to break a tie in the conference.

Texas went 8-0 in conference. Nebraska went 6-2, so they can't even use the argument that they didn't get to play Texas. They were two games behind, so Texas already won the Big XII, regardless of what may have happened had they played earlier in the season. This game offers nothing but a chance to knock the true league champ out of the national title game.

It's a farcical, transparent, cynical money grab, and nothing else.
Good luck trying to change it, because you or anybody else WON'T. I agree with you, but it is what it is and it ain't going away anytime ever.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Phantom PI call at least means we don't have to watch another Texas pooch punt, which is nice.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

There are no words to describe how awful the Nebraska offense is. If I had to choose words, I would probably go with dumpster fire.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Almost makes me wish Mizzou were playing in this game. Almost.

Hey, it's a 1 point game. Corn D is stout.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Wow...

That was a huge strip.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

C'mon Nebraksa, just one drive. Just one, nice, four minute drive. You can give us one fucking drive, can't you? That's not too much to ask out of an offense, over an entire game, is it?

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Van wrote:Wow...

That was a huge strip.
No doubt....gotta hand it to the Husker D- they came to BALL tonight.

How STUPID would it be if 4 FGs beats the fucking Horns on their own turf for a shot at the MNC? :doh:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Paul wrote:
Van wrote:Wow...

That was a huge strip.
No doubt....gotta hand it to the Husker D- they came to BALL tonight.

How STUPID PERFECT would it be if 4 FGs beats the fucking Horns on their own turf for a shot at the MNC? :doh:
:mrgreen:

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

They're going to leave too much time on the clock, if they don't get another first down before they kick the FG.

M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

nebraska wins, cincy goes to bcs title game, michigan fans don't have to worry about kelly at notre dame. win win win.