Hawks.

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Hawks.

Post by Degenerate »

They've notched some impressive wins so far: Portland, Boston, Orlando.

I'm skeptical Crawford will be the hot bench player at the end of the season that he is now. But so far, so good.

Horford is a beast.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Degenerate wrote:They've notched some impressive wins so far: Portland

Twice[/FUBU]

Horford is a beast.

Agreed... but there's an even badder beast. While the Zers fell short -- Oden just fucking PWND3D! Horford last night. Opened the freaking game by walking over Godfather and rocking the iron... and then added a couple more poster-making sessions in the first quarter...

in front of a nearly-empty building... sad. Atlanta is a shit sports town -- suprised the Braves do as well as they do. They've got what looks to be the best early-going team in the Association, and they still don't bother showing up.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:[Oden had one blocked shot

Which dropped his average enough that he slipped from #2 to #5 in the league in blocks.

Still a solid #2 in FG%.

I know Whitey hates to hear it for some odd reason, but now that his knee is healed and he's got a few games under his belt, Greggy is very quickly becoming the dominant player we spent the #1 pick on (and I'd still rather have Horford from that class than Never Saw A Shot He Won't Take Durant).

If Oden's remarkable improvement of late continues, he WILL be the best center in the NBA. Oden can pick Dwight Howard up over his head and throw him out the exit -- and Oden makes his FTs, to boot... except that double-brick in ATL... which Savior just ripped the fuck back.

Oden is the real freaking deal, just like every single scout from every single team has said all along. Big guys get hurt, that's life. And the rule is that after microfracture, whatever athlete in whatever sport will suck for the next 18 months... well, that waiting period has ended. As long as he stays healthy, it's party time in Rip City. Between Oden and Aldridge, that's so much size at the 4 and 5 it's allow Nate to play two freaking PGs and run Roy at the 3 -- probably not a good idea against LeDouche's Cavs, or the Nuggles, but since Portland was by far the slowest team last year (not sure how I feel about the youngest team being the statistically slowest team, especially with the pace Cleveland plays).

I'm looking forward to watching one of the greatest defensive liabilities the league has seen in years... Amare, try to guard Oden -- assuming that's how Phoenix goes about it. Amare always gets his at the other end, although Oden runs the floor, but no center runs like Amare... but watching that chump try and stop Oden in the post should be a hoot.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:Oden's only 21 and didn't even play last year.
He played last year, sat out the entireseason before.

But he had the Microfracture Legs, not the Buckeye legs. Footwork sucked balls, and way too green -- fouled everyone, and just never showed more than some flashes of awesomeness. Now, his legs work again, and he's learning to play with the big boys very quickly... quite freaking impressive the last couple of weeks. Blazers have scoring machines up the yingyang, so bringing his offense along slowly seems wise, although they try to start the game feeding the post (like every team with a big man has always done), and he's been shaqing some fools.

With today's weight-lifting being stressed a lot more, the fucker is going to be a MONSTER here in a year or two.
Actually, we've come to learn that he's kinda freakish in how quickly he bulks. Both during rehab and this last summer, they've taken him off the weights, and banished him to the pool and bike, to lighten the load on the knee. McMillen told him some shit like "at 275, you're the strongest guy in the NBA, let's take it easy for a while," or some such shit.

And he's very confident all of a sudden. He seems like a really nice, personable guy who after receiving such a warm greeting before even playing a game, kinda got in a funk feeling like he let everyone down. Now that he's shaking the "bust" thing, he's a new (young) man.

It's like we got a new player. Everyone knew it was worth the wait -- and it was. Greggy's got game, much to the rest of the league's chagrin. Like busting out Roy and LMA wasn't enough, now we got an unstoppable force?

Awwwwwwesome. Red Hot and Rollin again, baby.

Although what was once a logjam at SF is now a problem -- no Travis Outlaw or Nic Batum. Got Martell back finally, but he needs time to get back in the groove, which he will.

But the Hawks are looking like the best team right now, with much ball to play.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

As a Celtics fan I must say that the Hawks are the best team that I have seen Boston play this year. Young and Athletic. They will be good for a while......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions