Enough of This TCU Crap

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Enough of This TCU Crap

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote: I've liked Texas and Oklahoma for many, many years. I know that wouldn't work out your way, but it's okay for me to say it. :lol:
yeah, it doesn't really work like that for me. my sister applied to UT as a backup school and my dad, without saying it out loud, basically told her he wouldn't pay for her to go there.

i told you this before, my graddad's business partner was a big Tide guy. and he basically bank-rolled the Bama golf team for many years on his own check. i like Bama. but, i'm tired of the SEC reach-around. same way i'm always tired of hearing about how a .500 team that beats another .500 team in the Big Ten proves it's a "great conference".

I went to school at Vandy. I've seen it up close (insofar as Vandy counts or doesn't).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Mobile teams are always ranked high and get stomped by Florida schools as well as central Alabama and B'ham teams.

Hoover pounded on a Tebow-led Nease team, as I recall.

This year, Prattville came back from 20-something down to tie Don Bosco...then lost the game late.

Isn't Hoover in the highest class in Bama for HS ball? And they Pound on them? They won in an unconvincing manner... against a school that is 4A and traditionally rarely makes the play offs before and after Tebow. Prattville got smoked by Niceville three years ago and refuses to play us anymore; that team wasn't any where close to what this years Niceville team is either.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M Club wrote:i particularly enjoy sam's constant hedging re: tcu may "upset" someone in a bcs game, but that his point still stands. apparently there's no way for tcu to actually prove they're the better team.

also, just calling it an upset. utah didn't upset bama last year. they beat them because they were a better team. if they had a rematch i would have known exactly who to drop my money on.
TCU could beat any team in the country. It could happen. The point is they wouldn't be undefeated and in the position they are if they played in a BCS conference.

Yes, Utah did upset Alabama last year. Alabama was at least a 10-point favorite. Thus, it was an upset.

If anyone in here seriously believes that schools like Air Force, New Mexico and San Diego State have the same quality athletes and/or depth as Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Cal, and Michigan State, then there is no sense in continuing this thread at all...'cause you're delusional!

You mean the same Air Force team that beat Army by 5 TDs... and yet an SEC team lost at home to that same Army squad? The same Mississippi State who lost to Houston is obviously superior... Texas A&M almost lost to Utah State to open the season and has had 50+ points scored on them 3 times and 40+ six times... Yeah TCU couldn't hang in any other conference. :meds:
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:Their performance against Clemson would be a good indicator.
Not really. TCU shut out a potent offense in the 2nd half on their home turf. They didn't drop 40 on the scoreboard but a) they didn't need to and b) it was the 3rd game of the season when offenses aren't typically hitting on all cylinders. You're going to have to do better than that. Substitute Boise for TCU and you've got a point, but I think TCU is a different animal.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
M Club wrote: no one's saying that. they're just saying tcu's a better team than all those you just listed. it stands to reason the better team has a better chance of winning a game. you're just annoyed no one's buying into your baseless speculation.
Dear god, man!

The point I'm trying to make is that if TCU played a real schedule...like that of any BCS conference team...they would not escape unscathed. They played a bunch of powderpuffs.

As I think it was Mace pointed out: if Alabama, Florida, Texas, Ohio State, USC, etc. played TCU's schedule...we'd all be howling about the shitty schedule. But it's TCU, so it's okay? Doesn't make sense. Yes, TCU might beat Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Cal, and Michigan State. Might. But they're all better teams than the ones that make up the bulk of TCU's schedule.

USC would be undefeated and woulda beaten the teams on that schedule by 20-28 points a game minimum. Florida, Bama, Texas...it would be even worse. Would any of the teams I mentioned be praised for blasting thru that pitiful schedule? I think not.
TCU played as many "quality" games as anyone you just listed this season.Period, end of story. And as far as your 20-28 points minimum... that's what TCU has done all fucking season you imbecile!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Isn't Hoover in the highest class in Bama for HS ball? And they Pound on them? They won in an unconvincing manner... against a school that is 4A and traditionally rarely makes the play offs before and after Tebow. Prattville got smoked by Niceville three years ago and refuses to play us anymore; that team wasn't any where close to what this years Niceville team is either.
Nease isn't in your biggest school classification? Hmmmm.

Yeah Prattville is 6A...growing community. Hoover is 6A as well. They play this weekend for the state championship. Prattville has followed Hoover's lead and plays other state's powers for the last several years. USA Today has had them highly ranked most years lately.

We tried to get Prattville again instead of Daphne (who is also a traditional power in your state but had a down year this season). Prattville refuses to play Nicevile ever since we handed them their collective asses 3 years ago. Alabama ball can't hang school for school with Florida and stating they can is about as moronic as when Oklahoma resident starts spouting off that Jenks or Tulsa Union would be anything more than average to above average teams in 5A ball in Texas. I've seen ball in all three and while Oklahoma's HS ball is much better than many states HS ball it isn't on the same level as in Texas, California, or Florida. The same goes for Alabama; it has great HS ball compared to much of the country... having said that, I'd put Niceville up against any school in Alabama and expect to come away with a W. Having a top 5 RB, a top 20 WR, in the country according to every major recruiting site along with three other seniors who will ink major LOIs in January combined with seven juniors who are expected to ink with division FBS schools next year sort of sets up those sort of expectations.

Oh and yes NEASE is a 4A school who isn't even a very good one without Tebow, before or after.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Are we gonna get into the transitive game shit?

So who did TCU beat that impresses y'all so much?

Clemson on the road, BYU by 31 points in Provo, hey and get this... not only were they actually able to beat Utah but did so by 27 points (that should catch a bama fan's eye).

It's not just having won their games it's the way they have won them. Only 2 games, both on the road against better teams in the country, decided by less than 2 TDs. Scored more than 30 points in ten of their twelve games while only giving up more than two TDs three times this season. TCU hasn't just slipped through undefeated like some mid majors in the past; they have utterly destroyed the vast majority of their schedule in more than convincing fashion.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam, go down the Texas and Florida schedules, then tell me how you also aren't screaming, "Just play SOMEBODY!"

How on earth do you see Florida's schedule as being even the least bit challenging? Their game at anemic LSU was their only "play somebody" game this whole season.

Texas didn't even have that. With all of OU's injuries, Texas had zero "play somebody" games this season. Zero. None.

You're way too obsessed with laundry. Just because someone trots out there in Tennessee or Auburn gear, it doesn't mean they're "somebody." They can still really suck, and this year, they do.

Florida's schedule:

Charleston Southern: Beyond the pale of suckage.

Troy: No business ever playing Florida.

Tennessee: They beat who exactly, this year? They lost to who exactly, this year? They suck.

Kentucky: They suck. Badly.

LSU: Decent team, with no offense, and, with apologies to Killian, a retard for a coach. That's Florida's resume, right there.

Arkansas: Never met an offense it wouldn't give up fifty to. They lost by four TDs about twenty times this year. They suck.

Mississippi St: The perennial definition of 'suck', and this year is no exception.

Georgia: Suck.

Vandy: Smart kids, shitty football players. They suck on a Troy level.

S. Carolina: Genetically predisposed to sucking. Sucking is all they know. Take away their big name coach, and they're Kentucky. They're still Kentucky anyway.

Florida International: Playing airports sucks.

Florida St: Sucks like crazy.

Oh, and only four roadies mixed in there: Kentucky, Mississippi St, S. Carolina and LSU. Again, only one halfway decent test on the road.

Sorry, Sam, but yes, TCU runs the table against that schedule...easily. They run it every bit as easily as they ran the table with their own schedule. In fact, a lot of teams would be 12-0 right now, with Florida's schedule.

You really need to wake the fuck up to just how much you're wrong on this one. Being in a BCS conference does not necessarily mean you play a tougher schedule than a team from the MWC. When you're in a two team league, like Florida is, and you're one of those two teams, and you don't play the other team, and you go out of your way to play all four OOC games at home, against NOBODIES, then you damn well better shut up about anybody else's schedule.

TCU had a tougher schedule than either Texas or Florida this season. It wasn't exactly a Murderer's Row, but it was still tougher than those of Texas and Florida, who, between them, played precisely one losable game all season, assuming you want to call the LSU game losable. Texas had none, once OU became a M.A.S.H. unit.
Last edited by Van on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sam, address the point. Don't just throw out an SECBSH-ism. Look at that Florida schedule, and tell me who would've beaten TCU. You say they would've lost two or three games, without a doubt, with the Florida or Texas schedules.

Fine. Show me who they lose to, on either schedule.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

And you base that on what?

This season, TCU would club those teams like baby harp seals. With the exception of LSU, every team on that "run" sucks. Also, remember, TCU only has to play four roadies, just like Florida. They only have to play Kentucky, S. Carolina, MSU and LSU on the road. Everyone else has to come to Texas to play TCU.

Just like Florida, the LSU game is the only losable game on that schedule.
Last edited by Van on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Whoa, SCS. I never said anything about Alabama high school ball being anything close to Florida's level. I mentioned Hoover beating Tebow is all.

I think I made a comparison of some of TCU's opponents to Alabama high school teams. Very facetiously I might add...and I made that very clear.

Okay, I give. TCU is the best team in the country 'cause they beat the shit outta New Mexico, SDS, Air Force, Utah, BYU (whassup Florida State), Texas State, etc.

Those teams are better than any BCS conference teams.

There's no point in even having the bowl games. Let's just crown the Horned Frogs champs now.

Whoohoo!

That said, it'd be pretty cool if they did win it...as long as it doesn't involve beating Alabama!

And please, everyone, quit mentioning Utah. I still ain't over that game.

BTW, this Alabama team is far superior to last year's team. That team wasn't expected to win more than 8 games. They over-achieved like mofos. Even with the season ending like it did, no Bama fans should complain. No one expected them to be even a top ten team, much less ranked #1 last year.
Nobody has said any of that shit... your hyperboyle only makes you look more like a clown on this matter! You brought up schedules three weeks ago and tried to claim your superiority on a baseless claim that Bama and Florida played much tougher schedules which the facts don't indicate this season. The SEc is down this year, and not just a little down, a lot down. There are two teams; Florida, Bama, and the ten stooges. The SEC is just any other conference this season; two powerhouses and everyone else sucking wind.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Van wrote:Sam, go down the Texas and Florida schedules, then tell me how you also aren't screaming, "Just play SOMEBODY!"

How on earth do you see Florida's schedule as being even the least bit challenging? Their game at anemic LSU was their only "play somebody" game this whole season.

Texas didn't even have that. With all of OU's injuries, Texas had zero "play somebody" games this season. Zero. None.

You're way too obsessed with laundry. Just because someone trots out there in Tennessee or Auburn gear, it doesn't mean they're "somebody." They can still really suck, and this year, they do.

Florida's schedule:

Charleston Southern: Beyond the pale of suckage.

Troy: No business ever playing Florida.

Tennessee: They beat who exactly, this year? They lost to who exactly, this year? They suck.

Kentucky: They suck. Badly.

LSU: Decent team, with no offense, and, with apologies to Killian, a retard for a coach. That's Florida's resume, right there.

Arkansas: Never met an offense it wouldn't give up fifty to. They lost by four TDs about twenty times this year. They suck.

Mississippi St: The perennial definition of 'suck', and this year is no exception.

Georgia: Suck.

Vandy: Smart kids, shitty football players. They suck on a Troy level.

S. Carolina: Genetically predisposed to sucking. Sucking is all they know. Take away their big name coach, and they're Kentucky. They're still Kentucky anyway.

Florida International: Playing airports sucks.

Florida St: Sucks like crazy.

Oh, and only four roadies mixed in there: Kentucky, Mississippi St, S. Carolina and LSU. Again, only one halfway decent test on the road.

Sorry, Sam, but yes, TCU runs the table against that schedule...easily. They run it every bit as easily as they ran the table with their own schedule. In fact, a lot of teams would be 12-0 right now, with Florida's schedule.

You really need to wake the fuck up to just how much you're wrong on this one. Being in a BCS conference does not necessarily mean you play a tougher schedule than a team from the MWC. When you're in a two team league, like Florida is, and you're one of those two teams, and you don't play the other team, and you go out of your way to play all four OOC games at home, against NOBODIES, then you damn well better shut up about anybody else's schedule.

TCU had a tougher schedule than either Texas or Florida this season. It wasn't exactly a Murderer's Row, but it was still tougher than those of Texas and Florida, who, between them, played precisely one losable game all season, assuming you want to call the LSU game losable. Texas had none, once OU became a M.A.S.H. unit.
RACK the fuck out of that!!!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TCU could mos def get through Texas' schedule undefeated. Texas OOC is a joke every year (minus the Ohio State series). the Big XII North is a joke, ATM is a 6 win team, OU is it's JV team all year....

like i always say, when OU plays Rice it's a "cupcake". when UT plays Rice, it's "a traditional SWC rivalry".
Last edited by King Crimson on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:Sam, address the point. Don't just throw out an SECBSH-ism. Look at that Florida schedule, and tell me who would've beaten TCU. You say they would've lost two or three games, without a doubt, with the Florida or Texas schedules.

Fine. Show me who they lose to, on either schedule.
Tennessee
Kentucky
LSU
Arkansas
Mississippi St.
Georgia
S. Carolina
Fla State

If TCU played a run like that, they'd lose 2 to 3 games.
Based on what??? Because you fucking said so?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33909&start=40#p640769

Rinse and re-fucking-peat... every time you try and spew that bullshit.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

KC wrote:like i always say, when OU plays Rice it's a "cupcake". when UT plays Rice, it's "a traditional SWC rivalry".
Okay then, they're a ricecake. They're even less filling than a cupcake.

Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

I guess you guys just don't get how much POUNDING there is in SEC football, baby. Ain't no way a Mountain West team could handle that. Let's get John Parker Wilson's thoughts on that.

Excuse me, sir..

Could you slow down a sec, just one question...

I'm sorry, is this not a good time?

I bet Kentucky hits harder than these pussies, huh?

Good thing Ole Miss and Arkansas never laying a hand on you prepared you for this game, huh?

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

degenerate: that's exactly right.

you don't see OU fan talking shit about the WAC. i've a posted a million times about how the OU team that lost to Boise was winning the Big XII with smoke and mirrors....with a WR playing QB, frosh and sophs on the OL. no one cares, it's still a seminal moment for BTPCF fan and ESPN.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:The quality of the athletes isn't even close.[/b]
if you read my posts....schedule or not, i'm telling you TCU has those athletes. and Patterson is a witch on D.
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Re Utah-Alabama: Alabama had no offensive line against Utah. Smith was ineligible. Johnson moved to his spot and was injured early. There's still no excuse for taking a whipping like that, but it did make a huge difference. The defense has no excuse for getting abused like they did.

If the 6 or 7 dregs of the SEC that will play in bowls this year get their asses handed to them, y'all are right and I'm 100% wrong.

If those same shitty teams win their bowl games, STFU.

I'm not saying TCU is a bad team. But they've played no one yet to prove they're good.

Virtually anybody can beat anybody else on a given day. TCU may beat Florida for the NC. It could happen. But TCU would not be undefeated in the SEC, Big Ten, PAC10 or Big 12. Even as down as some of those conferences are.

I'm absolutely amazed any of you think TCU's schedule compares with any BCS conference team's schedule. The quality of the athletes isn't even close.
Yeah states like Texas don't have the athletes or enough of them to allow a school like TCU to recruit and get players that can compete at that level.

Sin,

Do you need a shovel? It might be more effective for that hole you're digging... either that or I need some boots cause the shits getting deep.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

'Spray, Florida didn't have to play Florida one weekend, and Bama the next. Florida is in a two team league, and they're one of the two teams, and they didn't have to play the other team.

Florida played absolutely nobody this year. They had a one game season, against punchless LSU.

If TCU only had to play Florida's SEC schedule, much less Florida's pathetic OOC schedule, they would've sailed right through it.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:You know - it's kinda funny. Stats have been provided, but the insecure denial remains firmly in place.

The Big 12 folks come in here - doing NOTHING short of being Big 12 Ball Sucking Homers. Their conference is so great, that their championship game has a TWO fucking TD spread on it. Yay.

The Pac 10 folks come in, and they ALWAYS suck their conference's balls. The Big 10 folks aren't probably as ball sucking as some of the others, but it still happens. Point is - we all suck our conferences' balls. SCS is a Big 12 ball sucking homer. Van is a Pac 10 ball sucking homer, and on and on.

Now I'm accused of putting up a site that's numbers are SEC biased, when a quick click of the calendar on the SOS will quickly show anything but that. :D

No. TCU does not play an SEC schedule. What if they were Kentucky and had to play #2 one weekend and then #1 the next? Would they go undefeated through that? I seriously doubt it. Again - based on what they did against Clemson, there's no fucking WAY they would go through the SEC undefeated. Sorry. I think TCU is a good damned team, though. As of right now, I think they deserve to be where they are, and I think they'd give any of the top 3 teams in the country a good fucking run for their money.

Comparing this year's Utah team to last year's Utah team isn't exactly a smart thing. They lost almost their entire Offense and some key D players this year as well.

We'll see how this all pans out in the bowls.

I'm propping TCU not Texas, not Okie Lite, not Nebraska... TCU they still aren't a member of the big 12 no matter how much I would like them to more than Colorado or Iowa State.

Kantuckeeh didn't go undefeated through it either. Maybe TCU wouldn't, maybe, but they haven't given the chance to attempt it... Kentahckee couldn't even get through Tennessee, Georgia, and Vanderbilt undefeated and TCU sure as fuck would.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Seems like 3/4 of the league is 7-5 this year!
Yes, and many if not most of those seven wins per team came as a result of home games against against OOC creampuffs.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If TCU had played the same Tennessee team that lost at home to UCLA then TCU would've beaten them by thirty. If TCU had played the same Georgia team which got destroyed by Okie Lite then they would've killed them too.

The bottom line is TCU sailed through a tougher schedule than Florida or Texas. All three teams would've gone 12-0, with each other's schedule. Many other teams would have, as well, especially with the Texas and Florida schedules.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Kentahckee couldn't even get through Tennessee, Georgia, and Vanderbilt undefeated and TCU sure as fuck would.
TCU would probably beat those 3. But not playing them in the midst of an 8-game schedule of SEC teams.

Kentucky beat Vandy and Georgia and lost to UT in OT.

Seems like 3/4 of the league is 7-5 this year!

Had TCU played UGA or Tennessee like they did against Clemson, no. TCU would have lost.

You mean like UCLA and Oklahoma State did, right? :meds: :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

No, what you're assuming is that familiar helmets and laundry matter way more than they really do.

You're hardly alone there, though. Most of the mainstream media is guilty of it, as well. As long as it keeps benefitting the SEC the way it does, hey, keep living by it.

Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'm not saying TCU is a bad team. But they've played no one yet to prove they're good.
Funny all year long they have just shown the SOS and Stats without showing the teams and 10/10 they choose TCU over Texas.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Sudden Sam wrote:Absolutely blowing my mind that these guys keep suggesting that TCU's schedule is tougher than UF's or Texas'.

I look at it and just shake my head. I'm assuming a lot of these formerly knowledgeable posters are trolling...just fuckin' with me.
We all think you are trolling.

Jesus fucking christ. You actually think Texas has played anyone this season? Oklahoma had a one-armed QB for the RRR. That was their toughest game.

Most of us are hoping Nebraska upsets Texas and TCU beats the dog shit out of Bama for the MNC. Just to hear bama and SEC fans say that Bama wasnt up for playing a team as lowly as TCU.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:09/12/09 at Virginia Charlottesville, Va. W, 30-14 UVA sucks maggot pussy.
09/19/09 vs. Texas State Fort Worth, Texas W, 56-21 WTF? I didn't even KNOW there was a Texas St.! :D
09/26/09 at Clemson Clemson, S.C. W, 14-10 Almost got beat by a Clemson team that couldn't have beaten Furman that day.
10/03/09 vs. SMU (Family Weekend) Fort Worth, Texas W, 39-14 Sucks shit.
10/10/09 at Air Force USAFA, Colo. W, 20-17 It's the fucking AIR FORCE.
10/17/09 vs. Colorado State (Clark Society) Fort Worth, Texas W, 44-6 DOGSHIT team.
10/24/09 at BYU Provo, Utah W, 38-7 Decent win, though not nearly as good as ever body thought.
10/31/09 vs. UNLV (Homecoming) Fort Worth, Texas W, 41-0 SUCKS.
11/07/09 at San Diego State San Diego, Calif. W, 55-12 HORRIBLE SHITTY TEAM.
11/14/09 vs. Utah Fort Worth, Texas W, 55-28 Nothing like they were last year.
11/21/09 at Wyoming Laramie, Wyo. W, 45-10 SUCKS.
11/28/09 vs. New Mexico Fort Worth, Texas W, 51-10 BULLSHIT TEAM. Shouldn't be allowed to have a program.

No. That's a pussy schedule - not EVEN on par with what Florida played, and yes - it was a light schedule for UF.

Again - as of 12/2, TCU is playing the 71st toughest schedule in football. Pay attention to stats, boys. :D
You didn't know there was a Texas State? The school that was formerly called Southwest Texas State... the same school that has won 11 national titles at multiple divisions of the NCAA in football and intends to move to the Division FBS level when the NCAA allows it as well as UT-San Antonio and would either like to join the Sun Belt (you know that conference that the SEC loads up with 20 games a year against and then tries to claim is schedule superiority like in this thread) or form a new conference with UTSA? Your knowledge of football shocks me. :doh:

Air Force the same program that will be going to a better Bowl than Allbarn and beat Army by 4+ TDs that an SEC team lost to at home?

Wyoming the program that walked into Neyland last season and walked out with a W and is better than they were last season personnel wise?

The same BYU that's only other loss than to TCU was a fluke to Florida State where they were missing four key players (QB, RB, and best two LBs) ?

TCU played just as many quality games as Floriduh and Bama. .
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Louisiana-Monroe
@ Wyoming
Texas Tech
UTEP
Colorado
vs. No. 20 Oklahoma
@ Missouri
@ No. 14 Oklahoma State
UCF
@ Baylor
Kansas
@ Texas A&M

^That Is tougher than this :?: ...

@ Virginia
Texas State
@ Clemson
Southern Methodist
@ Air Force
Colorado State
@ No. 16 Brigham Young
UNLV
@ San Diego State
No. 16 Utah
@ Wyoming
New Mexico
Last edited by Mr T on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:Louisiana-Monroe
@ Wyoming
Texas Tech
UTEP
Colorado
vs. No. 20 Oklahoma
@ Missouri
@ No. 14 Oklahoma State
UCF
@ Baylor
Kansas
@ Texas A&M

^That Is tougher than this ...

@ Virginia
Texas State
@ Clemson
Southern Methodist
@ Air Force
Colorado State
@ No. 16 Brigham Young
UNLV
@ San Diego State
No. 16 Utah
@ Wyoming
New Mexico
Based on the ONE team they played that really did deserve to be ranked, which is debatable in and of itself about that one team (Okie State), or finished the season ranked? And hell I'll say itright here and I'm a Big 12 guy... Clemson has more right to be ranked that Oklahoma State; their offense is pathetic without Dez Bryant.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SunCoastSooner wrote:was a fluke to Florida State where they were missing four key players (QB, RB, and best two LBs) ?
Link?

Max Hall played and had 3 INTs
Unga played and was held to less than 100 yards.

FSU could light up a scoreboard with Ponder but couldnt stop other teams from scoring.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Based on the ONE team they played that really did deserve to be ranked, which is debatable in and of itself about that one team (Okie State), or finished the season ranked? And hell I'll say itright here and I'm a Big 12 guy... Clemson has more right to be ranked that Oklahoma State; their offense is pathetic without Dez Bryant.
Forgot to put the question mark in.

I cant believe Sam is saying Texas has played a tougher schedule
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:was a fluke to Florida State where they were missing four key players (QB, RB, and best two LBs) ?
Link?

Max Hall played and had 3 INTs
Unga played and was held to less than 100 yards.

FSU could light up a scoreboard with Ponder but couldnt stop other teams from scoring.
Di Luigi was their best back and had unseated Unga for the starting position coming into the season... got hurt against OU, then re-aggravated it against Tulane in the fourth quarter. Tried to get him in against FSU after they were down in the third quarter but he wasn't ready and they knew it after one carry. Never was the same after getting hurt as a RB after that and they moved him out to the slot for most of the rest of the season. Unga moved back up to #1 and Kariya gobbled up most of the rest of the carries. He wants to try and get back in at RB but they don't think he'll hold up with reoccurring knee injuries. Sad story because the kid was special... just bad knees.

May have been wrong about Hall

The LBs were definitely out both went down in the first two weeks and never came back. BYU ended up with a freshman and a sophomore there for the rest of the season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote: Texas - 34th

Saying Texas even had a top 60 schedule is like me claiming I have a 3 foot long dick that is 5 inches around...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:T - you're destroying a lot of arguments with the FSU/BYU game. :D
BYU has one bad game as oppossed to the four or five that it was perfectly acceptable to have for 9 of the 12 sec schools debunks the argument? :meds:

Jesus, I wish the Big 12, Pac Ten, or the Big Televen could have teams like Houston, Army, and UCLA walk into their stadiums and smoke their teams and still come out smelling like roses. :doh:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What the hell is this shit site, and why is anybody supposed to care? If I commission Fraudo to create a Geocites page and throw a few teams and numbers up on that bitch, and toss the link in this forum, is that suddenly the end all be all to every argument?

There are definitely legitimate points to be made about TCU vs Bama/UF but you and Sam couldn't find them if I deep fried them and tucked em under the whitecaps of your sea of cellulite.

I'm still laughing at the whole, "uhhhhhh, errrrrrrr, TCU couldn't handle the rigors of the SEC because they beat Clemson on the road." What? That's what you're rolling with?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
What the hell is this shit site, and why is anybody supposed to care? If I commission Fraudo to create a Geocites page and throw a few teams and numbers up on that bitch, and toss the link in this forum, is that suddenly the end all be all to every argument?

There are definitely legitimate points to be made about TCU vs Bama/UF but you and Sam couldn't find them if I deep fried them and tucked em under the whitecaps of your sea of cellulite.

I'm still laughing at the whole, "uhhhhhh, errrrrrrr, TCU couldn't handle the rigors of the SEC because they beat Clemson on the road." What? That's what you're rolling with?

South Cackalacky fucked up Clemson a HELL of a lot more than TCU did - all of that after Clemson has improved a great deal over the course of the season.
Yeah they were really improved with their best player injured... hell the best player in the country injured. And Clemson didn't improve... they got into the weakest division of the ACC and started playing games.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:South Cackalacky fucked up Clemson a HELL of a lot more than TCU did - all of that after Clemson has improved a great deal over the course of the season.
Who cares? That's m2-level reasoning, and you know it. Did TCU not progress over the course of the season? If everybody could selectively pick one game to discredit an entire team there wouldn't be any good teams left in college football. And it's quite sad the game you're using to discredit TCU is a game in which they won against a team they shutout in the 2nd half at their crib.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

sam spends so much time railing against the stereotype that southerners are stupid that he's neglected to combat the one about them being dullards. no one thinks wymoming-nmst-sd state is a tougher stretch than tennessee, kentucy, and georgia, so stop winding up your panties. what we're saying is that you have absolutely zero evidence - save 12 games tcu and the zero they lost - to make dipshit claims about all the losses they'd have to teams not as good as them.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:

South Cackalacky fucked up Clemson a HELL of a lot more than TCU did - all of that after Clemson has improved a great deal over the course of the season.
Yeah they were really improved with their best player injured... hell the best player in the country injured. And Clemson didn't improve... they got into the weakest division of the ACC and started playing games.
And how many Clemson games did you watch? I watched about all of them, so I'm trying to get your angle here.

Just about all of them... where do you think I live... SEC/ACC country.