Eagle fans

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Eagle fans

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Please take the time to explain to me why you dislike Donovan McNabb so much. For years, I have not been able to understand this. Sure, he's had some failures here and there, but the way you people talk, he misses receivers consistantly, bounces the ball in the dirt many times in each game, and has no heart.

You know what? Fuck all of you ingrates.

Every single time I watch this annoying bastard he's carving up teams, marching down the field, throwing rocket launch shots deep down the field in double coverage, making average receivers look like Pro Bowlers. Early in his career, he was especially annoying because when receivers were covered, he would scamper for 20 yard gains every time. :x

Now, with the scrambling aspect no longer even a part of his game, he's still kicking ass, only now with his arm. I cannot wait until he's no longer on that team, and finally you idiots will realize how good you had it.

Case in point, all you had to do is look across the field yesterday to see what a REAL dumbass, numbnuts QB looks like.

^^^^^^^

and that's about as ANGRY as you'll see him look. Because he's such a "QUIET LEADER" :meds:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Re: Eagle fans

Post by DallasFanatic »

Screw both of your franchise quarterbacks.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Where's jiminphilly?
Reading.
Laughing.
FTC is attempting to make Donovan McNabb out to be a HOF QB by comparing him to Jason Campbell. How the the hell am I supposed to respond to that?
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

jiminphilly wrote: FTC is attempting to make Donovan McNabb out to be a HOF QB by comparing him to Jason Campbell. How the the hell am I supposed to respond to that?
He's not a HOF QB. He IS, however, one of the best QBs in the NFL over the last ten years, and that's hardly something to bitch about. Yet you do (I mean you collectively, since I'm not sure where you stand on McNadds). Consider where you were before with Bobby Hoying, Bubby Brister, Rodney Peete, etc.

You should be so lucky.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

This basically sums up Philly fan. Angry. Fat. Failures.

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:
jiminphilly wrote: FTC is attempting to make Donovan McNabb out to be a HOF QB by comparing him to Jason Campbell. How the the hell am I supposed to respond to that?
He's not a HOF QB. He IS, however, one of the best QBs in the NFL over the last ten years, and that's hardly something to bitch about. Yet you do (I mean you collectively, since I'm not sure where you stand on McNadds). Consider where you were before with Bobby Hoying, Bubby Brister, Rodney Peete, etc.

You should be so lucky.

If you're going to bring up the pitiful Eagles history you're going to have to go back a lot further than that. The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl. They only have 2 SB appearances in their history with McNabb puking and choking in his only appearance. He's a stat guy- easily one of the best QBs from a statistical stand point but has a poor record when it comes to 4th quarter comeback victories. Think the NFC Championship game last year. Look at the 3rd down pass to Hank Baskett. That is typical McNabb. I forget who you're a fan of (clearly not the Cowgirls) but most people on this forum have a frame of reference i.e.. a Super Bowl victory to draw/fall back on when their team goes through a rough spell. I do not. Most Eagles fans do not. When you've seen the same thing from arguably the franchise's best QB over the past 10-12 years and the end result is 0 Super Bowl victories, most Eagle fans like myself know McNabb's best days are behind him and they have no shot of winning a SB with him as the QB.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

jim, good job in painting the picture for your point of view. I now understand it a bit more than I used to. I agree that the Beagles should have gotten a Lombardi Trophy by now. The loss to Carolina at home was senseless in '03 and I was pretty stunned when Tampa and Arizona both slipped by them in two of the other NFC title games. All said, they should have appeared in three Super Bowls this decade and you'd have to think that they would have cashed one in. From my perspective, and I don't even like McNabb, I'd feel so much better about him making starts for the past ten years for my team as opposed to Jeff George, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Danny Wuerrful, Jason Campbell, etc. :doh:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Jeff George, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Hasselbeck, Danny Wuerrful, Jason Campbell, etc. :doh:
And I don't think we go through that many QB's without it being a symptom of another issue altogether.

Actually TWO issues. One named Dan and the other named Vinny.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.