tOfficial predict your team's record thread

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: tOfficial predict your team's record thread

Post by TheJON »

Hawkins made the dumbching decision I think I ever saw at ISU 2 years ago. Was up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter with the ball on his own 40 and 4th and 1. ISU offense had donr nothing up to that point and they seemed lifeless. So Hawkins goes for it. Why? Just punt it and pin a lifeless team deep. You already have a big lead. ISU got the stop and that one play seemed to give them new life and all of a sudden they started kicking ass and taking names. If I were the AD I wouldn't have even let the coach finish out the game. He proved he's a fucking moron with that move. It made no sense. I honestly believe if they punt that ball they win by 30 instead of losing. And I'm not joking.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Dumbching = dumbest by the way. Nice! Gotta love these stupid BlackBerry's. Just types random shit.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:Hawkins made the dumbching decision I think I ever saw at ISU 2 years ago. Was up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter with the ball on his own 40 and 4th and 1. ISU offense had donr nothing up to that point and they seemed lifeless. So Hawkins goes for it. Why? Just punt it and pin a lifeless team deep. You already have a big lead. ISU got the stop and that one play seemed to give them new life and all of a sudden they started kicking ass and taking names. If I were the AD I wouldn't have even let the coach finish out the game. He proved he's a fucking moron with that move. It made no sense. I honestly believe if they punt that ball they win by 30 instead of losing. And I'm not joking.
I agree that was a terrible move. one of the worst i've seen in a long time. why give an O a chance at a short-field, make them drive the ball the length of the field (which they haven't been able to do all game). trust your D, punt the ball, get into the half up 3 scores on the road.

this is one of the problems with Hawk.....his overbearing desire to be "counter-intuitive" or something causes him to do some really bone-headed stuff on 4th down. he's badly bungled a dozen or so 4th down "go for it or kick the FG" situations in his time at CU....trying to outsmart everyone in the stadium and ends up with no points on the board.

the 4th down sequence starts at about 1:00. it says 3Q but it's the 2nd Quarter when this occurs. ISU declines a holding call to force 4th down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0oxGPt ... PL&index=6
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

That actually was the 3rd quarter, which makes it even worse. I was thinking this was mid 2nd quarter. Either way, you can just tell from watching that the spark it gave ISU. They were a different team after that play. And this dolt still has a job???
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:That actually was the 3rd quarter, which makes it even worse. I was thinking this was mid 2nd quarter. Either way, you can just tell from watching that the spark it gave ISU. They were a different team after that play. And this dolt still has a job???
i guess i'm wrong about that. i could have sworn that was late in the 2nd. still a terrible decision either way. even if you convert, you still need 3 first downs to get into FG range. the reward part of the risk/reward just isn't there.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

BUMP and sticky.

Let's see how we're all doing at this point.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

IndyFrisco wrote:I think we are better than the 4-8 (mainly due to schedule) from last year. I think the XII South will be tough, but not as tough as last year when we went 0-5. I think we win Baylor and/or tceh.

That being said, here's my predictions:

New Mexico - Cupcake #1 (W) 1-0 Texags.comFan says "Oh my. We DOMINATED them. The Crew is looking to be back!"
Utah St. - Cupcake #2 (W) 2-0 Texags.comFan says "We were supposed to kill them. Good parctice game for Arkansas!"
UAB - Cupcake #3 (W) 3-0 Texags.comFan says "Are we this year's Alabama?"
Arkansas (in Dallas) (reality sets in with a close loss - L) 3-1 Texags.comFan says "McGee would not have made those interceptions."
Oklahoma St - (embarrassment, again L) 3-2 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be looking at Tannehill."
@ Kansas St. - (first real road game, no Freeman, W) 4-2 Texags.comFan says "We're BOWLING baby! ALways had faith in Jerrod!"
@ taco tceh - (we never win there, L) 4-3 Texags.comFan says "They are so classless. They just want to be us."
Iowa State - (easy win, W) 5-3 Texags.comFan says "Why can't we play like that against taco tceh?!?!? :brad: "
@ Colorado - (coin toss, W) 6-3 Texags.comFan says "Well, we should beat Baylor at least to make a bowl game."
@ Oklahoma - (77-0 may be beat, L) 6-4 Texags.comFan says "Sherman needs to be fired!"
Baylor - (24-21 Baylor, L) 6-5 Texags.comFan says "This is worse than the 84-0 last week! NO ONE LOSES TO BAYLOR!"
@ t.u. - (see OU game, L) 6-6 Texags.comFan says "R.C. never had a losing season in 14 years! Will he take the job back?"

So, 6-6 is what my head says. Anything better than that and I'd be surprised. My heart says we can pull out the tceh, Arkansas and/or Baylor games to turn that 6-6 into an 8-4/9-3 building momentum into next year when Bradford and McCoy will be gone. Yeah, they'll reload but it may be our chance. We'll have a veteran team, especially at the skill positions then.
7 games in the Ags are 4-3. I had us at 4-3. My two games I missed were the KSU debacle and might as well call it the tceh debacle as well. In any case, I'm on track with where I expected to be.

How you doin?

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

King Crimson wrote:i see both Aggie fan and Kansas fan giving themselves W's in Boulder. pretty generous, guys. my CU buddies are talking 8-9 wins...which doesn't leave much room for losses at home. and they are seeing A&M as a W for sure. and feel like they should have won last year at Kyle, which they should have *if* they were a good team.

wtf, i'll do Colorado.
Here's a good one to look back on. Still see the same thing with A&M and Kansas? 8-9 wins? ;)
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

JayDuck wrote:8-4 worst case, 11-1 best case.

I'm going to be optimistic and pick 10-2.

The two losses come from these three games
@ Boise State
USC
Cal
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Missed on the Colorado game by a hail mary, and my call of Neb. winning the North looks way off. I figure Kansas ends up at 7-5 now instead of 8-4.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I had MSU at 5-3 up to this point. They're 4-4.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I had USC with one loss following the Oregon game, provided they beat Ohio St, at which point I predicted an unbeaten USC team would lose to Oregon. If they lost to Ohio St then I had them also losing to Cal.

If USC beats Oregon then I'll have it correct, only with their one loss having come at the hands of Washington instead of Oregon.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Shit - not sure how I missed this thread. I think I expected 8-4 or 9-3. I'm going to go with a 10-3 final record.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

PSUFAN wrote:Shit - not sure how I missed this thread. I think I expected 8-4 or 9-3. I'm going to go with a 10-3 final record.

Yeah, I missed it too...7 wins for Michigan was my initial thought and I think that's probably where they finish up. Maybe they sneak in an 8th win if they can surprise Wisconsin or OSU. Win today and next week against Purdue to get up to 7 wins. Looking at the season so far, I would've thought Notre Dame would beat them and they'd either beat State or Iowa and they'd be 5-3 at this point. So far, they're right around my expectations.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i predicted 12-1 and with a rose bowl victory over usc. looks like i was wrong about usc.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, I was right about rolling Cal and losing to Oregon if we beat Ohio St. Boy, was I right.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote:
King Crimson wrote:i see both Aggie fan and Kansas fan giving themselves W's in Boulder. pretty generous, guys. my CU buddies are talking 8-9 wins...which doesn't leave much room for losses at home. and they are seeing A&M as a W for sure. and feel like they should have won last year at Kyle, which they should have *if* they were a good team.

wtf, i'll do Colorado.
Here's a good one to look back on. Still see the same thing with A&M and Kansas? 8-9 wins? ;)
hey now, CU did beat Kansas. and ATM comes to Boulder next week. i feel ya...ya riding high after that big ISU home win. :wink:

i admit, i thought CU might be pretty good. the 8-9 wins are my CU peeps talking, here. i qualified all my statements about CU with a healthy dose of "hawk has sucked so far and may suck again". though, i didn't think they'd be as abysmal as they are.....i went to the CU-MU game yesterday and CU's first half was the worst football performance i've seen in person, ever. it was laughable. at halftime, MU had outscored CU 146-13 over the previous 10 quarters. ouch.
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

PSUFAN wrote:Shit - not sure how I missed this thread. I think I expected 8-4 or 9-3. I'm going to go with a 10-3 final record.
Same here. I had ND at 10-2 or 11-1. Can still get the 10-2, but it looks a little more difficult.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Yeah, put me in the crowd that missed this thread too. I would have picked LSU to be 7-2 with a 13-3 loss to Florida and a 24-14 loss to Alabama. Looks like the only thing I missed was the 'Bama score by one point. Not too bad.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote:

wtf, i'll do Colorado.
i get the win here, Indy. CU did beat KU and ATM. degenerate came clean, it's your turn.....
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mea culpa. Your "peeps" were right.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote:Mea culpa. Your "peeps" were right.
peeps, 8-9 W's for CU.

me, "pretty generous" for KU and ATM fan to be giving themselves W's in Boulder.
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I would not have predicted 5-7. 7-5 was more likely and after starting out 4-0 I may have thought 8 or 9 wins were possible. Another shit year, oh well, we'll be back!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I guess at this point, I'm pretty safe calling for 11-2.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

And my 6-6 was correct as well... :x
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:i get the win here, Indy. CU did beat KU and ATM. degenerate came clean, it's your turn.....
I beg to differ...

SunCoastSooner wrote:

wtf, i'll do Colorado.

CSU: W
@Toledo: W (but, kind of a trap game on a short week...Buffs play CSU rivalry Sunday and then @Toledo Friday).
Wyoming: W
@West Virginia: L (last year, these two teams combined for one of the ugliest games i've seen since the Callahan era NU-Pitt game in Lincoln...with WVU fucking up last to steal defeat from the jaws of victory)

now it gets tricky since i don't think anyone REALLY knows what to expect from this team, Cody (who hasn't been named the starter.....haha), staff, and the supposed "new" smashmouth running attack...

@Texas: Big L
KU: L (i think KU is the best team in the North, but has the toughest schedule. this is early enough the Jayhawks shouldn't be beat up yet).
@KSU: will the CU staff FINALLY show it can get a W against equal or even lesser talent on the road?: W (but, who knows?)
Missouri: tossup: W (either payback for the last two years of anal intrusion at the hands of Chase Daniel or CU's DC still hasn't figured out that dropping 9 and still giving up the deep ball is a bad plan with even worse execution. however, too many ?'s for Mizzou on Halloween).
ATM: W
@ISU: ISU has given the Buffs fits for the last decade....but, with my KSU comment in mind: W
@OSU: Big L
Nebraska: tossup: L

7-5 and the Independence Bowl against Vanderbilt or Tennessee. but, the wiggle room to win 5 or 8-9 is mos def there.
Colorado goes 4-8 and starts the coaching search again IMHO...
Did I win the Colorado contest? I may have given them a little too much credit in hindsight. ;)

:rock: :bode:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Degenerate wrote:Missed on the Colorado game by a hail mary, and my call of Neb. winning the North looks way off. I figure Kansas ends up at 7-5 now instead of 8-4.
lol