The Saints....WOW

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Paul
Elwood

The Saints....WOW

Post by Paul »

I don't remember EVER seeing a Bill Belichick-coached Pats team get completely taken to the woodshed like the Saints did to them tonight....and ESPN showed a stat tonight that the Pats are OH-FER in road games so far this season???? PatriotFan, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the state of your team right now.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: The Saints....WOW

Post by poptart »

To cut to the chase, the '09 Saints are the '07 Patriots.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Paul wrote:I don't remember EVER seeing a Bill Belichick-coached Pats team get completely taken to the woodshed like the Saints did to them tonight.

Sept 03 -- Buffalo 31 NE 0

Oct 05 -- San Diego 41 NE 17

Nov 05 -- Indy 40 NE 21

Just to name a few....
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Paul wrote:and ESPN showed a stat tonight that the Pats are OH-FER in road games so far this season????
ESPN did not show this stat. The Pats are 1-4 on the road this year.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Wrong. The Patriots are 0-4 on the road this year and 1-0 at neutral sites. Playing Tampa Bay in London does not count as a road game.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Wrong. The Patriots are 0-4 on the road this year and 1-0 at neutral sites. Playing Tampa Bay in London does not count as a road game.
Tell the stats people that. They were the visiting team, playing away from Gilette, hence making them the road team. Plus there were many more Bucs fans in London than Pats fans.

:D

Anyways, ESPN has them as 1-4, I heard Gruden and Co. say they were 1-4, so who am I to argue.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

DallasFanatic wrote:Anyways, ESPN has them as 1-4, I heard Gruden and Co. say they were 1-4, so who am I to argue. I am lemming who cannot think for himself.

Well put.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Playing Tampa Bay anywhere this year shouldn't be considered an NFL game...

As for the Saints, yeah, they're the real deal. I'm finally convinced too. That close call against St. Louis made me wonder how good they really are. Every team has close calls, and going undefeated in a 16 game season is tough as shit to do.

I'm glad for Brees. Always liked him ever since he begged RC Slocum to recruit him to A&M. RC wasn't interested and he went to Purdue and has kicked ass ever since. Solid dude, and I hope he makes it to the Super Bowl.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I know the Colts are also undefeated, but I think Minnesota and New Orleans are the two best teams in football. Indy has 6 wins by 4 pts or less and could be easily 7-4 instread of 11-0.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I know the Colts are also undefeated, but I think Minnesota and New Orleans are the two best teams in football. Indy has 6 wins by 4 pts or less and could be easily 7-4 instread of 11-0.
I would agree the Vikings and Saints are probably better than the Colts as well. The beauty of the the NFL is they get to settle it on the field and I think any of those three teams could beat the other on any given day. Only thing I like more about the NFL over BTPCFB.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

IndyFrisco wrote:Playing Tampa Bay anywhere this year shouldn't be considered an NFL game....
I thought Tampa was bad enough to make a run at 0-16 this year, but the Packers proved me wrong :oops:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

poptart wrote:To cut to the chase, the '09 Saints are the '07 Patriots.

Offensively, very close...

Saints averages: 37.0 points per game / 425.9 yards per game / 6.6 yards per play
Patriots averages: 36.8 points per game / 411.2 yards per game / 6.2 yards per play

Defensively, advantage Patriots...

Saints averages: 20.1 points allowed per game / 333.8 yards allowed per game
Patriots averages: 17.1 points allowed per game / 288.3 yards allowed per game
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

That game last night was an embarrassment. The defense is young and learning. Hopefully they can learn enough in the next five games to put up a decent fight in the playoffs. This team really is in a rebuilding mode while still being competitive. With a 1st and 3 second round picks in the upcoming draft and 2 1st rounders in the 2011 draft they will be ok. They got younger on defense this year and you saw the affects of that last night. I did not see a beatdown of that proportion coming. I would have expected that they would have put up a better fight then that. Simply embarrassing.
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Patriots just appeared to be what they truly are last night - a second rate team. From BB & Brady all the way down to the D-line & secondary, I didn't see a single thing to be encouraged about for the rest of this season.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

The thing that sucks is that they won't be able to rest their starters when the Boys come to town.

That should be a heck of a game. :oops: