Florida International and Chattanooga?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Florida International and Chattanooga?

Post by Mikey »

Good way to challenge yourselves there #1 and #2.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: Florida International and Chattanooga?

Post by The Seer »

"The regular season IS the playoffs"....

Signed,

Moronic apologists.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

You'd line up the cupcakes to if you had to play in the meatgrinder.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

WolverineSteve wrote: cupcakes meatgrinder.
oxymoron
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The SEC just has Mississippi St, Vandy, Kentucky, S. Carolina, etc.

The Big XII also has a CCG. Like this year, most years it's a farce.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Sam continues to set the plate for a Vanbeating...

Every team in the Pac 10 plays each other...what a concept....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Why the hell is Florida ending a season by playing 2 OOC games? This is retarded.

How many big games have we had all year in CFB? 5?

Does anyone remember when CFB was good?

If you aren't going to have a playoff system, let's just go back to the old bowl system. We'll get much better OOC schedules with that because it won't matter if you pad your win total since all that will matter to get to a big bowl is to win your conference.

I used to love watching college football, and now all I really care about is Iowa. The enjoyment of watching Iowa games will never change for me, but CFB as a whole has become such a joke that I am getting close to only watching Iowa games and bits and pieces of other games. If you're not a fan of the teams involved, how are you supposed to get excited for most of these games anymore? I'm sorry but when a 7-2 (Oregon) vs 6-3 (Arizona) is the best game of the week in late November that's fucking lame as shit.

Heck, even the conference championship games (except SEC) will be lame this year. Nebraska vs Texas? Come on, Tejas will mahandle them. Clemson vs Georgia Tech?? Whoopee!

We've got 6 fucking unbeatens and none of them has beaten anybody. How lame is that??
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

TheJON wrote:Why the hell is Florida ending a season by playing 2 OOC games? This is retarded.
The simple answer is that SEC plays conference games very early in the season. I know that UF plays Tennessee the 3rd Saturday every season, so that leaves an OOC date to open later on in the season.

I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with cupcakes they schedule this late.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If these teams had any balls at all they'd schedule Boise State.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How bad is it when Jon is 100% correct? Oregon vs Arizona was the biggest game this weekend, and most of the undefeateds have beaten nobody. By season's end, we may still have five undefeateds, and of those five only the SEC winner and Boise will have beaten anybody - and they will have only beaten one really good team apiece.

None of the undefeateds will have a big road win, other than early season victories by TCU at Clemson and Cincy's win at Oregon St.

Texas? They will have been truly tested this year precisely...never. Their lone test went for naught, when half of OU's team got hurt and they went into the crapper.

Boise's schedule is just a joke. Cincy's isn't a whole lot better. Both Bama's and Florida's truly suck.

College football really is getting to be hard to care about, when it's become this much of a clearly rigged beauty pageant.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, how incompetent do you wish to continue to be? What, are you only now coming out of a coma, spurred on by Iowa having had themselves a nice little smoke and mirrors run this season? Are you truly this oblivious, to think that I've only been complaining about this shit this year?

Christ, dude. Wake the fuck up already.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, just wave your white flag and say, "I haven't a clue," and be done with it. You suck at this. You wouldn't know how to construct and support a coherent point even if Kirk Ferentz crapped it on a chalkboard for you to repeat as gospel.

Stick to mindless, pissin' in the wind "coachspeak," which is all you've been posting forever.

By the way, did any of your posts ever result in change? Was any game won or lost, due to anything you ever posted? Was any suggestion or piece of advice you ever offered here ever taken into consideration and put into effect by anyone involved in CF?

What's that? No, they weren't? Yet you posted them anyway, and continue to do so, blindly accusing others of doing the same, in the ultimate pot/kettle scenario?

Yep, that's precisely what you do, because you're that fucking clueless.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Sudden Sam wrote:
The Seer wrote: Every team in the Pac 10 plays each other...what a concept....
So SEC teams should play 11 games in conference? That would be interesting except we'd miss out on seeing our schools play games against teams like Furman, UT Chat, FIU, Cal State Fullerton, Louisiana Monroe, Notre Dame, Florida A&M, etc.
FIFY
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:
The Seer wrote: Every team in the Pac 10 plays each other...what a concept....
So SEC teams should play 11 games in conference? That would be interesting except we'd miss out on seeing our schools play games against teams like Furman, UT Chat, FIU, Cal State Fullerton, Louisiana Monroe, Notre Dame, Florida A&M, etc.
FIFY
It's what I get for stepping away from the computer for awhile...someone stealing my response....nicely done.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Beat 'em. Beat the shit out of them.
:?

That's exactly what Texas did the last time they played an SEC team (LSU) in a bowl game.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

What, are you only now coming out of a coma, spurred on by Iowa having had themselves a nice little smoke and mirrors run this season?
How is it "smoke and mirrors" when Iowa has had a similar type of season in 5 of the last 8 years???
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Van wrote:
Boise's schedule is just a joke.
Boise has been offering basically to play any of those teams anywhere on any open date. Nobody will schedule them.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:So - according to everybody here, the SEC dictates all scheduling.
They dictate their OOC schedules, which we have already shown are quite unimpressive.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

With the current format, why the hell would any of the big time programs schedule anyone but cupcakes OOC. Why risk losing to a non conferenence foe early in the year and all but kiss any MNC dreams goodbye. I don't like the cream puffs either, but the schools are protecting their interests. I guess the worst scheduling this year has to be KState. On Saturday they were actually 2 wins (NEB and Big12 Championship) away from a BCS birth with a horrid schedule. But karma fucked them since they had 2 FCS wins and now they are not even bowl eligible.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Papa Willie wrote:
Hey man - just beat the SEC in the Bowl Games. That's alllllll you have to do. People like you cry, bitch and moan, and then the SEC whips your ass in the big games.

Beat 'em. Beat the shit out of them. THEN you can be providing valid points.
Since Mack arrived in Austin the SEC is 1-2 against Texas. Texas has beaten LSU, Mississippi State and lost once to Arkansas

I'm confident we have the athletes and coaches to drop you again.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The NCAA needs to step in and make the schedules for all the schools. 6 road, 6 home and BCS schools only play other BCS schools. Anything less than that is just a continuation of the joke that is currently d1 college football.

The stats a team gets from a game vs Chatanooga or FIU shouldnt count and regardless of score a team should be counted with a loss when they schedule a team like Chatanooga or FIU.
The 12th game arguement is a total joke, everybody got a 12th game so it shouldnt be difficult to find another 1A team to play. It was the SEC that pushed for teams to be allowed to schedule 2 1AA teams a year (50% of their ooc schedules) after the NCAA allowed the 1A schools to play 12 games
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

SoCalTrjn wrote:The NCAA needs to step in and make the schedules for all the schools. 6 road, 6 home and BCS schools only play other BCS schools.
What about all the non BCS schools which are better than BCS schools? A win over Wash St should carry more weight than a win over TCU?

I can get down with banning games against d1aa schools, but I wouldn't go beyond that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I love the idea of Sudden Sam turning his nose up at mid majors considering it was only a season ago that one of them buttfucked his team in the genitals. You'd think he'd show a little more respect.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I love the idea of Sudden Sam turning his nose up at mid majors considering it was only a season ago that one of them buttfucked his team in the genitals. You'd think he'd show a little more respect.
It's too bad Utah took their foot off the gas after scoring TDs on their first three possessions.

Could have hung 50 points, easy.

Sure, maybe I'm wrong, but Bama would never have the stones to play Utah again, so I guess we'll never find out.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Papa Willie wrote:I don't care if you guys are discussing specific subjects and arguing specific points, I'm just going to stick my fingers in my ears and la la la la la SEC is so awesome la la la la la BCS bowls la la la la la Florida and Alabama la la la la la BCS bowls
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Who gives a fuck? That's not what anybody is talking about.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

They're real and they're spectacular.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:All those horrible SEC teams. And yet the SEC OWNS the BCS. Look at the records, y'all. The SEC is 12-5 in the BCS games so far. Why in the FUCK aren't they 0-17? Please let me and SS know. We really want to know the answer! :D
Digging a bit deeper you find the SEC is 7-1 vs. the ACC and Big 10, so I wouldn't go chest thumping in that regard, especially since the ACC is the worst league in terms of BCS record.

Here's the breakdown for 17 games:

4-0 vs. ACC
3-1 vs. Big 10
1-0 vs. WAC
1-0 vs. Notre Dame
2-1 vs. Big 12
1-2 vs. Big East
0-1 vs. Mountain West
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

sorry, don't know how to post it directly....

UM vs. Bama (they're in the sec right?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHKBlsmPi00

UM vs Florida...outback bowl (which is played in Florida I believe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6elEHRRRl-Y

UM vs. St. Tebo's Gators in CapOne Bowl (also in Florida)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRdhqnD ... re=related

UM vs Auburn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoWszRSA2o

Arkansas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8515jXo4t4

way back to beating on this years darling ole Miss in 91.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQxanmIjSk

All games vs SEC teams in SEC country and all Michigan wins. Don't know how the big slow guys managed too fool the crazy SEC speedsters so often, but it's been fun.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC has had NO problem with any SEC team that has had the balls to play them. Perhaps the SECs record in BCS bowls is a result of them ducking the Trojans in all of those games
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:Yeah, the SEC has avoided playing USC in bowls.

Good god, man.
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

In recent years, I believe it was USC avoiding the title game where the SEC was awaiting.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:They're paying me a ton of money, I should have SOME loyalty.
Who gives a fuck?

Sin,

Killian
I'm lost. Is this because I got some scholarship money to go to State yet don't pull for them? I hope they go 11-1 every year. And I bet when BtH gets out of Law school, he won't be posting a bunch about 'Bama.

If that's not your angle, sorry.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:They're paying me a ton of money, I should have SOME loyalty.
Who gives a fuck?

Sin,

Killian
I'm lost. Is this because I got some scholarship money to go to State yet don't pull for them? I hope they go 11-1 every year. And I bet when BtH gets out of Law school, he won't be posting a bunch about 'Bama.

If that's not your angle, sorry.
Screwball probably not only didn't get a schollie, but he's probably up to his ears in student loan debt from Directional Mich U.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...