Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Re: Redskins.

Post by Tom In VA »

Solo wrote:Nice avatar, Tom!

Remember me?

nov 22nd bet, yes?
:lol:

Sure, same deal. You wear it for the rest of the season. Damn, I've been too lazy to even change it and now, I'm like "Why Bother"

Wish I could wytch Snyder running the ball instead and carrying the "Solid Redskin Tradition" with him.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

mvscal wrote: I wonder what ever happened to PISC dribble? I'm sure it's all a big mix up.
Ravens Suck
Pather Suck
PISC AWOL

Everything seems status quo here
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

mvscal wrote:I wonder what ever happened to PISC dribble? I'm sure it's all a big mix up.
He's busy checking his co-workers emails, working on their slideshows, and running their conference calls. See. These people, unlike himself, actually have degrees and ask him to step in whenever the word communication is involved. Now that Reagan has passed, someone has to carry the torch of "The Great Communicator." Like so:
PISC wrote:Gee, I wonder why these people with college degrees ask me to read their e-mails before sending or flat out take over the explanations in addition to leading conference calls and meetings if I communicate like a 3rd grader. Yea that'd have nothing to do with my ability to communicate with intelligence and professionalism.
And also:
PISC wrote:..coulda, shoulda, woulda, Mikey. You're going to come at me with a fucking call, you PUSSY! Uh no anyone that annually claims these guys are a contender shouldn't be posting on this board because they aren't. They're a fucking SOFT AFC West team that can't hang in January against teams that knock their dick in the dirt. Speaking of which, The Ravens are even losing their ability to do that league wide but they sure brought it when they needed it against your girls. Cry me a fucking river who's out bitch, since when did you find those crutches acceptable, hypocrite?
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Screw_Michigan wrote:That pathetic attempt at a tackle by LaRon Landry on Turner's 2nd TD and DeGulpaload Hall's continued presence on the field is the definition of why this team sucks so bad.
It's more a testament to the type of assclowns that management brings in. Everything you see on the field is a direct result of the two jackasses who run the organization. When the offensive line gets shredded every single play, it's because they've drafted two linemen in the past four years. When Portis breaks down at this point in the season, it's because they ignored his size and injury-proneness when they traded a lockdown corner for him. When nobody is open downfield, it's because they wasted three second rounders in '08 on scud receivers they knew nothing about. When Degulpaload is swiping at running backs with his pinky, it's because Snyder gave him a new contract after he got cut by the Raiders. When Buttersworth is injured every game, it's because management ignored his injury and character issues when they gave him $100 million. When Zorn is standing on the sidelines doing nothing, it's because no qualified coach wanted the job in the first place despite the money. Spags turned down the job and went back to the Giants, and you know he'd rather be sucking balls with the Rams than coaching the Redskins.

The announcers should take a completely different approach when calling Redskins games. After each blown play, comment on the player who blew the play and then ask why that player is even there to begin with. Trace every single play and every situation back to Snyder, because that's where it starts. Seriously.

And while that play with Landry and Hall really stand out, there was one at the end of the game where Washington was down 31-17 and quickly trying to score twice (right, like they will ever score over 17 points in a game :lol: ) and after a 20 yard catch by Moss, which the Falcons pretty much gave to him, instead of running back to huddle quickly, he spins the ball on the turf like he always does.

Again- WHY IS THIS ASSHAT STILL ON THE TEAM, MUCH LESS THEIR #1 RECEIVER???????
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

RACK that rant.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

DamnTheCowboys wrote:and after a 20 yard catch by Moss, which the Falcons pretty much gave to him, instead of running back to huddle quickly, he spins the ball on the turf like he always does.

I am surprised he didn't then do the old, "Watch me pretend like I am a ref and do an exaggerated 1st down motion with my right arm, point to the sky thanking Jesus for this blessed reception, and then run towards the sidelines looking for someone to do the Smurf Celebration with." Gay....

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I get this question a lot from Cowboy fans down here in H-town.

What do you think of Bob McNair as an owner?

Most people think he is a failure as an owner because of the team's inability to put together a winning season.

I tell them, "he isn't Dan Snyder."

McNair may not be the world's greatest owner but he is well aware of his football knowledge or lack there of, so he leaves it in the hands of the people he hires.

The first regime was Capers and Casserly. They progressed every season until terrible personnel moves were made in the 4th year and it cost them dearly.

Next regime was Kubiak and Smith. They've improved every season with the exception of two 8-8 seasons. Last year started off bad as players were not focused during the Tennessee game after hurricane Ike and Schaub only played 10 games.

It's kind of difficult to pull the trigger and start firing guys if they show signs of success. The Texans and Bills are a lot alike because the staff does just enough to keep their jobs for another season. 8-8 won't do it this season, because there are no excuses. Kubiak is on the hot seat this season.

Snyder, on the other hand, doesn't give anything time to develop. Except for Jason Campbell, which is puzzling to me. As long as the Dan has a heavy hand in the personnel decisions, then Washington isn't going anywhere. It's an embarrassment of a franchise and fans should be pissed.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Foreskins suck. EOS. This thread could be pages long listing all the issues both on the field and in the front office. Good luck with that clusterfuck Redshin fan.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Papa Willie wrote: There's too much talent on the 'Skins to play like that.

You threw it out there, so now you need to back it up. Name for us these talented players (at LEAST five) and I will completely dismantle this take.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Look, obviously these cats are talented. They wouldn't be playing at this level if it wasn't for their talent and hard work.

Any assertion otherwise by anyone but an equally skilled and talented player is mere bullshit.

As a collective unit, the team sucks. It lacks direction - actually - it has direction it is just sorely misguided and the WRONG direction. It stems from the top.

Good teams, great teams, don't do what Snyder and Vinny are doing and have done in the past. They just don't.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Suisham

Idiot kickers don't count on any list. Vinatieri included. This shit take belongs in poptart's "retarded NFL forum on punters/kickers."
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

No question he's a profitable businessman. What he did, and got, is he's become more protective of the use of the logo, the prop values around the area where Fed Ex field is located went up pretty fast as they did elsewhere, and he charges you to take a shit AND by the piece for toilet paper.

Yes, you're frisked to see if you're trying to smuggle in wet wipes. :lol:
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I believe he wants to win Screw. He's like an alcoholic who wants to stop drinking, really bad, while he's standing in line at the ABC store.

Trust me, I know. :lol:
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Papa Willie wrote:

Portis for one! He's a bit of a flake, but he's still a good RB.... No? I don't know - I honestly never see them down here.
He's not even "good" anymore. The last time that he was even a FACTOR in a win was Oct. of '08 in a game vs. the Lions. Teams do not fear him at all. His best game this week was in a loss at home to the CHIEFS . A season high of 109 yards against the 32nd ranked rushing defense at the time. They should have traded him two years ago when he still had value. He's a buddy of Snyder and that's why he's still here, rapidly declining before our eyes. He has nothing left. He SUCKS. Yet he still acts like he is the best back in the league, and when he doesn't get carries at the goalline he complains about his coach and fights his fullback in practice. He SUCKS at the goalline. And I'm sick of looking at his face:

^^^^^
Just look at that STUPID face. Be glad you don't have to look at him every Sunday. Get him out of my sight.

SM, solid list but kickers don't count. And this has been his only good year. Haynesworth has been pretty good, I'll give you that. Orakpo is raw talent. He's not some All-Pro Rookie who terrorizes quarterbacks though. He's like Landry, and watch him wind up the same....stupid, undisciplined, horribly coached, misused.

Cooley is out for the year, so he doesn't count. And when he was there, he had to help block (which he sucks at) since the line is depleted and the backups are all undrafted discards from other teams, because management HASN'T DONE A DAMN THING TO ADDRESS IT EXCEPT WATCH THE STARTING FIVE AGE.

Fletcher is about 127 years old but he's the only one who has the balls to tackle anyone. He belongs on some team that has a young defense and needs leadership to elevate them to the Super Bowl.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Tom In VA wrote:He's like an alcoholic who wants to stop drinking, really bad, while he's standing in line at the ABC store.

Trust me, I know.
If you want to quit, you quit.

If you don't want to quit, you don't.

You don't "know" shit.
Last edited by War Wagon on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Tom In VA wrote:No question he's a profitable businessman. What he did, and got, is he's become more protective of the use of the logo, the prop values around the area where Fed Ex field is located went up pretty fast as they did elsewhere, and he charges you to take a shit AND by the piece for toilet paper.

Yes, you're frisked to see if you're trying to smuggle in wet wipes. :lol:

And just recently he banned fans from carrying signs into the stadium, since 99% of them this year have been anti-Snyder.

The reason they gave for this new rule is because "the signs obstruct the view of other fans."

FUCK YOU, YOU PUSSY. SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well I know one thing War Wagon, experience trumps opinion. But that's not the point, the point is, it has been said that insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Dan Snyder is, by that definition, insane.

That's the gist of what I was saying. Having been trapped in a similar cycle and removed from it I can see that, today.

Drink up sporto and enjoy it, be grateful you can't comprehend it. No need to get all huffy.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

S_M wrote:Portis is barely more than an average back right now. And he's 30.
Dungver really got over on the Portis/Champ trade.

Outstanding corners should be held on to and shouldn't be dealt away unless you can really bend someone over in a deal.

Dan's got a lot of dumb on him.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Indeed another RACK For FTDC.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

The board must be "bored" if the Redskins are getting two pages of interest around here. Props to sucking NFC East cack boys.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DallasFanatic wrote:The board must be "bored" if the Redskins are getting two pages of interest around here. Props to sucking NFC East cack boys.

Well they've hit a point of "no return". There was some hope for awhile that like Jerry Jones - Dan Snyder would learn his lesson and back off. For Dallas and Jerry that resulted in a fabulous few years.

That hope and expectation has yet to be realized here in Washington and not only do they SUCK, they've reached a level of hopelessness that was inconceivable under Cookes reign.

Enjoy it DallasFan, while it lasts. Besides, the only reason Dallas has made any press the past decade or so is due to their proclivity to field convicts and clones of "Hollywood" Henderson*

*Save for the honorable Emmitt Smith who is simply awesome.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

If the game between the Eagles and Cowboys confirmed anything for me it's that the NFC East sucks major donkey shit this year. The Cowboys showed me nothing in their victory. The Giants and Skins just outright suck. The Eagles are a fraud at 5-3 and the Cowboys will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

jiminphilly wrote:If the game between the Eagles and Cowboys confirmed anything for me it's that the NFC East sucks major donkey shit this year. The Cowboys showed me nothing in their victory. The Giants and Skins just outright suck. The Eagles are a fraud at 5-3 and the Cowboys will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.
I have to diagree Jimbo. I think the Boys showed that they can unzip their pants, whip out their cacks and smack the Eagles and their fans around.

On a serious note, the philly game was a classic game that the Boys would have imploded in past years. Their would have been the costly Romo turnovers, inability to get off the field defensively on third down with stupid penalties, and also the inability to make a big play when they needed to.

They did all of those things exceptionally well against philly. The Boys are playing decent ball right now, and if they can tighten some things up defensively, I think they will be a playoff team that can do some damage. I also think their is time for Philly and Gnats to fix some things and make a run at it. Time will tell, but quite honestly, it has a different feel this year for Cowboy fan.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I want to thank you DallasFanatic. Thank you for renewing my season. A season that had been killed, nuked by Dan Snyder and his meddlesome boy Vinny, you've given me something to which I can aspire.

Beating Dallas. It can happen. I will be pleased if it does. :lol:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:I want to thank you DallasFanatic. Thank you for renewing my season. A season that had been killed, nuked by Dan Snyder and his meddlesome boy Vinny, you've given me something to which I can aspire.

Beating Dallas. It can happen. I will be pleased if it does. :lol:
Of course you'd be pleased Tom. Your team is a pile of crap, but upsets can happen.

Not likely, but possible.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Yeah but prior to your chest pounding gloatation, I really could have given a rat's ass and the cute little "At least we beatt Dallas" bullshit wasn't working.

Until now.

You have awakened a sleeping giant. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:Yeah but prior to your chest pounding gloatation, I really could have given a rat's ass and the cute little "At least we beatt Dallas" bullshit wasn't working.

Until now.

You have awakened a sleeping giant. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
This coming from a Foreskin fan who is sporting a Barber AV.

Doesn't hold much weight Tommy Boy.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Like I told you, I didn't give a shit before. You've drawn my ire now. :evil:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DallasFanatic wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:If the game between the Eagles and Cowboys confirmed anything for me it's that the NFC East sucks major donkey shit this year. The Cowboys showed me nothing in their victory. The Giants and Skins just outright suck. The Eagles are a fraud at 5-3 and the Cowboys will lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.
I have to diagree Jimbo. I think the Boys showed that they can unzip their pants, whip out their cacks and smack the Eagles and their fans around.

On a serious note, the philly game was a classic game that the Boys would have imploded in past years. Their would have been the costly Romo turnovers, inability to get off the field defensively on third down with stupid penalties, and also the inability to make a big play when they needed to.

They did all of those things exceptionally well against philly. The Boys are playing decent ball right now, and if they can tighten some things up defensively, I think they will be a playoff team that can do some damage. I also think their is time for Philly and Gnats to fix some things and make a run at it. Time will tell, but quite honestly, it has a different feel this year for Cowboy fan.

The game had 18 penalities (11 from the Cowboys) and while you might have seen a vast improvement from years past, the impression I got from that game is that neither are that close to the Saints or even the Vikings for that matter. In years past, at least 1 NFC East team was in the mix for the best in the conference. There is a clear drop off from the Saints and Vikings to the rest of the conference.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

jiminphilly wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:

The game had 18 penalities (11 from the Cowboys) and while you might have seen a vast improvement from years past, the impression I got from that game is that neither are that close to the Saints or even the Vikings for that matter. In years past, at least 1 NFC East team was in the mix for the best in the conference. There is a clear drop off from the Saints and Vikings to the rest of the conference.
I think the Boys, Eagles and Giants (with Ross back) can hang with the Vikings. The Saints? That offense straight up scares me.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:Like I told you, I didn't give a shit before. You've drawn my ire now. :evil:
You can put up as many :twisted: :evil: as you want. But unless your opinion is solicited, kindly sit in the corner, STFU, and enjoy your time smoking the poles of the NFC Beast.

Man I love kicking Redshin fan when they are down.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DallasFanatic wrote: But unless your opinion is solicited, kindly sit in the corner, STFU, and enjoy your time smoking the poles of the NFC Beast.
Dude it's a thread about the Redskins. You'd have a point if I was in a thread about the Cowboys and talking shit.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tom In VA wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote: But unless your opinion is solicited, kindly sit in the corner, STFU, and enjoy your time smoking the poles of the NFC Beast.
Dude it's a thread about the Redskins. You'd have a point if I was in a thread about the Cowboys and talking shit.
It may be a thread about the redshins, but like your team, this thread will continue to be dominated by other NFC East posters.

Now fetch jimbo and myself some sammitches.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

DallasFanatic wrote: Now fetch jimbo and myself some sammitches.

I'd have no problem doing that for your sirs. You like you're "peanut butter" crunchy I trust. :twisted: