Texans 5-3 for the first time

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Texans 5-3 for the first time

Post by Go Coogs' »

They're in a groove right now. The run defense is the best in the NFL since the beginning of October. They ran the ball today, albeit against the the worst run defense in the league. But the Texans overcame three turnovers in the early going an absolutely stomped the shit out of them in the 2nd half.

However, today's thrashing of the Bills came with a big loss. Owen Daniels, possibly the best TE in the league, is likely gone for the year. James Casy and Joel Dreesen are more than capable of filling the position, but OD was nails leading up to today's game. Casey and Dreesen have huge shoes to fill. Kyle Shannahan will have to get creative with the playcalling. Jacoby Jones will have to step it up and the Texans will need to run the ball on a consistent basis for the offense to continue it's reign on opposing defenses.

Big game next week will be Indy vs Texans. This will give the fans a good barometer of where the Texans are in the big scheme of things.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: Texans 5-3 for the first time

Post by Harvdog »

I had the Texans going 10-6. I thought that they would beat Jacksonville and lose at Tennessee. Regardless, 5-3 is nice! As a fan from game 1, that first playoff game in Reliant will be sweet. I just hope it is this year.

Great D all game long. Cushing is your ROY hands down. He adds an element to that team that we have never had. His interception to seal the game was awesome.

Slaton is a 3rd down player. I would run Moats and bring Slaton in on 3rd. That same line he couldn't run behind had no problems blocking today.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Go Coogs' wrote:Owen Daniels, possibly the best TE in the league
No. In fact, I doubt he cracks the Top 5:

1. Tony Gonzalez (still the best TE and the best EVER statistically)
2. Dallas Clark
3. Jason Witten
4. Vernon Davis
5. Antonio Gates

OD is a good TE to be sure, but he's just not upper echelon.....YET.
Last edited by Paul on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Paul - he's talking about stats for this season - and how did you leave Dallas Clarke off your list?

REC YDS TD
Dallas Clark, Ind TE 46 584 3
Antonio Gates, SD TE 37 523 2
Owen Daniels*, Hou TE 40 519 5
Brent Celek, Phi TE 37 447 3
Zach Miller, Oak TE 28 421 1
Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE 33 393 3
Jeremy Shockey, NO TE 31 376 3
Vernon Davis, SF TE 32 375 7
Heath Miller, Pit TE 40 353 4
Jason Witten, Dal TE 37 348 1
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:Paul - he's talking about stats for this season - and how did you leave Dallas Clarke off your list?

REC YDS TD
Dallas Clark, Ind TE 46 584 3
Antonio Gates, SD TE 37 523 2
Owen Daniels*, Hou TE 40 519 5
Brent Celek, Phi TE 37 447 3
Zach Miller, Oak TE 28 421 1
Tony Gonzalez, Atl TE 33 393 3
Jeremy Shockey, NO TE 31 376 3
Vernon Davis, SF TE 32 375 7
Heath Miller, Pit TE 40 353 4
Jason Witten, Dal TE 37 348 1
A BIG TIME oversight on my part, Scott....I will go back and make the necessary edit. Sucks for Shockey...LOL :lol:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:Big game next week will be Indy vs Texans. This will give the fans a good barometer of where the Texans are in the big scheme of things.
Is there someone on your shit team capable of covering Dallas Clark?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

BSmack wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:Big game next week will be Indy vs Texans. This will give the fans a good barometer of where the Texans are in the big scheme of things.
I'm more worried about the penalties.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

rozy wrote:
BSmack wrote:
I'm more worried about the penalties.
I'll take that as a no?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

No, just weak focus on your part. Otherwise know as just another day.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I'd like to thank Kris Brown, Ryan Moats, the Texans stupid penalties, and Chris Myers for this one.

Fucking hell. Will we ever beat that team on their turf?
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)