10/25 BCS Standings

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Re: 10/25 BCS Standings

Post by Blueblood »

Florida almost lost to a Conference USA team that is "3-4" ???

That's right... a "3- 4" team from conference usa.

Too funny.

Alabama should of lost to a Tennessee team (at home) that got the shit kicked out of them (at home) by a bottom dweller in the PAC 10 (UCLA).

Oh yeah, CAL just blasted that same UCLA team (on the road)

45 -26 !!!

The SEC is a joke... that only the PAC 10 is in on.

CAL would end up undefeated in the SEC.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Boise State wins 54-9. Cincinnati wins 41-10. And each drops 3 places.

Alrighty, then.

Looks to me like a few pollsters might have adjusted their votes after the first BCS poll came out.

JSC ought to be happy, since TCU moves ahead of Boise State.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

So if Oregon beats U$C, does Oregon ge tthe #5 spot? Ahead of an undefeated BSU who beat them? The BCS is, has always been and will always be a joke.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
CintiBearcat92
Elwood

Post by CintiBearcat92 »

Sam, I'm going to have to disagree with you. Cincinnati still plays at home against West Virginia and on the road at Pittsburgh. Those will be two great opportunities for the Bearcats to go UP in the BCS standings.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Sudden Sam wrote:
Blueblood wrote:Florida almost lost to a Conference USA team that is "3-4" ???

That's right... a "3- 4" team from conference usa.

the truth
WTF are you talking about?
I just checked Florida's schedule, and there are no C-USA teams on it. I suspect he was referring to Arkansas, who, of course, doesn't play in C-USA.

In fairness to 2oodles, though, 3 of the 4 OOC opponents on Florida's schedule aren't good enough for C-USA.
And what does Alabama "should of lost" to Tennessee mean? You wanted them to? Okay then.
Not to defend 2oodles, Sam, but your team got 2 blocked FG's against Tennessee. How often does that happen? And you needed them both -- had Tennessee made just one of the three missed/blocked FG attempts, they win that game.

So call a spade a spade. Alabama's win over Tennessee was a scabdick win. But it was a win, and that, when all is said and done, is the name of the game. So props.
Sudden Sam wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Boise State wins 54-9. Cincinnati wins 41-10. And each drops 3 places.

Alrighty, then.

Looks to me like a few pollsters might have adjusted their votes after the first BCS poll came out.

JSC ought to be happy, since TCU moves ahead of Boise State.
Boise will continue to drop as they play their junior high school schedule. Cincy may drop as well, as their remaining schedule undoubtedly (haven't looked it up) won't match up with USC's, LSU's, etc.
I'm not sure either one of those teams can drop any farther absent a loss. They're already behind one-loss USC, and every team behind them has a loss. Also, Oregon and USC still have a head-to-head matchup. I can't see the loser of that game catching either of these teams if they win out.

And since you brought up remaining schedules, Cinci has some cupcakes left (@ Syracuse, UConn, Illinois) but also two relatively challenging games (West Virginia, @ Pitt). LSU's remaining schedule, beyond 'Bama, doesn't shake out as a bunch of world beaters.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

So where's Van whining about Bama being ranked so high? Bama scabdicked against Tennessee yet remained in the top 3. Surely USC should have leaped over Bama into the 2 spot or at least to 3, right?

I'm surprised that Iowa is so high given how the BCS stacks TCU, BSU, and Cinci at 6 7 8 just behind a USC team that barely beats Oregon St and ND while losing to Wash and having beat a pathetic OSU team.

I don't the intolerance displayed against teams like TCU, BSU, etc given that we have seen similar teams take down perennial elites in BCS games.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Sudden Sam wrote:In my mind, Bama shouldn't have lost the game. Blocking field goals is part of the game, is it not? They busted their asses and won.
Yes, it certainly is. The point is that blocked FG's are relatively rare, let alone two of them in the same game. And by the same player (Cody), at that. But Bama made the play when they had to, and Tennessee didn't.

Btw, I might not have even known about that but for a lucky break. I was watching ND-Fredo, and that game went to commercial break at precisely the right time. I flipped around during the commercial break, and saw Tennessee lining up for a would-be game-winning FG. I had to stay for that.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:In my mind, Bama shouldn't have lost the game. Blocking field goals is part of the game, is it not? They busted their asses and won. And knew they would win it...even as Tennessee lined up for that kick. The players said they had no doubt that FG wouldn't go through. Not that that means shit. Julio Jones gets so high on blocks, it's a wonder any FG gets up. But for Cody to penetrate as far as he did...wow. Amazing.
Yes, blocking FG's is part of the game, but the fact that no flag was thrown on Cody for removing his helmet, then throwing it while the play was still live is another black eye for SEC officials (the replay booth official for the UF-Miss St game should be punished for missing a very obvious call that 2 different replay angles confirmed).

'Bama probably would have blocked another FG, but the SEC officiating these last 2 weeks has really be more than helpful for UF and a now a small bit for 'Bama.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Ohio St. being ranked ahead of Houston is a joke. I love how the Texas Tech loss drops the Coogs three spots.

I hope UTEP finishes the season with only one more loss.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

According to Van scabdicking should mean being dropped in the polls...unless it's SC scabbing it against ND and Oregon St. Fucking idiot.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:That bothered me, too. However, there were 4 seconds left when the ball was snapped. Cody's helmet came off AFTER the game was over.

This was confirmed by the SEC officials office.

Looking at that angle, the ball went to the left as Cody and Alabama players went to the right, away from the ball. Cody's helmet is off before the ball is touched, thus ending the play.

By rule, isn't that a 15 yard penalty? Since the play was not yet dead, shouldn't Tennessee have gotten another shot?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:I would think that as soon as McLain touched the ball, the game was over.
Hard to tell from that replay if the ball was touched after Cody blocked it. I don't think McLain touching the ball would constitute that play from being over. He would have to fall on the ball, or pick it up and run it back. Neither happened on that play.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:They showed the replay after I had about shit. McLain fell on the ball. Jones was right there, too. Once Rolando fell on the ball...game over.
Sam, the clip I provided is pretty conclusive that no on fell on the ball once it was blocked. You can clearly see the ball squirting away to left side while the Alabama players were running in the opposite direction.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Kiffin already reprimanded by the league. Dan Mullen might be next.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... acy-flames
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

It's not a theory. Human polls do influence the BCS. Heavily. As long as the computers keep Iowa up there, no need to worry. There will be fallout. There alwas is unless there's a perfect storm which hasn't happened since 2004. Then again, I'm hoping for a perfect storm...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Win'em all and you have a gripe. Lose one and STFU. That goes for all teams, regardless of injuries, bad calls or bad coaching decisions.