Blount's career over...My parting thoughts

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Blount's career over...My parting thoughts

Post by JayDuck »

Hell of a way to go out. Set a record for rushing TDs last year...rushes -5 yards as a senior. Finishes with 997 career yards.

This pic doesn't show the whole incident, but I like watching the knockdown just the same. First off. This was no sucker punch, Blount swung as soon as that guy pushed him. If he didn't see it coming it was that guy's fault for taking his eyes off him, and he had to have expected some kind of reaction.

Personally, I felt like he had it coming. Now, that doesn't mean I think Blount should have done it. But, when the other team is walking off the field, you don't go push them. He taunted Blount and pushed him. Taunting is Bush, but no big deal. Put your hands on a player walking off the field and you are asking for trouble. If it was high school and you are doing that, you know you are starting a fight. In college, most people know there is too much on the line, too big of a spotlight, and most players simply aren't going to react back. Too bad for Chuckles McGlassJaw that Blount isn't nearly bright enough to act like that.

It is weak though, IMO, that Blount's done for the year and Boise State isn't going to punish their boy at all, other than "a private talking to". Hell, at least sit him for a series...pretend you care.

So, farewell to Blount. Sometimes all you can do is laugh about these things, and watching that guy go down is nothing if not funny.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Blount's career over...My parting thoughts

Post by King Crimson »

Peterson seems like he talked to the moron before and after he got hit.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

After you're done laughing, you may want to take stock of your team right now. The new head coach, yeah, the one without the pedigree, certainly didn't impress. Blount's getting what he deserved, but the rest of the offense sucked also. Obviously, without games, tough to gauge your team's effectiveness or vice versa.

If that was indicative of your team's level of play, they are in trouble. If that is truly the 3rd best team in the Pac 10 (which I severely doubt), then the league is in big trouble....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

The Seer wrote:After you're done laughing, you may want to take stock of your team right now. The new head coach, yeah, the one without the pedigree, certainly didn't impress. Blount's getting what he deserved, but the rest of the offense sucked also. Obviously, without games, tough to gauge your team's effectiveness or vice versa.

If that was indicative of your team's level of play, they are in trouble. If that is truly the 3rd best team in the Pac 10 (which I severely doubt), then the league is in big trouble....
Actually, I am laughing not only about that punch, but about the entire game and the entire Chip Kelly debut, which went as bad is could have possibly gone. A funny thing happened when Dennis Dixon went down a couple years ago. I stopped letting myself care too much about what happens in games. I no longer take it seriously enough to be that upset by things. I, honestly, find this situation humorous...including our pathetic play.

And I would agree with you that, if that game was indicative of their level of play that we are in trouble.

I doubt that game was indicative of that, however.

We'll see.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Interesting post. The fact that you ejected emotionally after Dixon went down means you WERE in pretty deep. Probably most that post here take CFB too seriously, and I would put myself at the head of that list. As much as I TRIED to remove that passion chip from my cranium during the Duhrell regime, I was unsuccessful....and just joined the chorus of Bruinfans that hopefully aided the A.D. in realizing it was a disastrous hire.

I have a feeling you are on sabbatical and that your passions will resurface with the program - though this COULD be the painful early stages of mediocrity or worse.....

However, as long as you are successful in distancing your irrational passion from the program, may I suggest you alter your title to JayWhatever or some such....

You'll be back.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

No name change here. I still have plenty of passion. You can believe I was pissed during the game yesterday. I can just turn it on and off afterwards now, unlike before. I slept just fine, whereas I would have been up all night a couple years ago.

It wasn't all the Dixon injury. My daughter was born during that same football season. She's almost 2 now, and I don't want to be an asshole around her for days on end because my alma mater couldn't get their shit together. So, instead of stewing about the game, I'll just put on a smile and go have a tea party with her instead. And I found that I'm much happier for it.

Hell, I can't wait to get off work and go pick her up from daycare. But, I've still got plenty of passion for the game.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Congrats on the fatherhood. I tried to tone it down when my daughter was a sprite...was hopefully somewhat successful....but there would be no hiding the fact that her father was/is a raving lunatic for all that is UCLA.

Enjoy.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Good call about Boise giving their player a slap on the wrist for his garbage.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

MuchoBulls wrote:Good call about Boise giving their player a slap on the wrist for his garbage.
Do you not think this...

was punishment enough?

TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rack JayDuck,as usual. When the moment came where I found myself acting like a sourass around my family when PSU was struggling, I understood that I had to change my f'n attitude, and quick.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.