talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

The Favre crackback block

Post by poptart »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCSYvHuoRE

Wtf was the deal here?

First off, Favre put a cheapie on Robinson.

Are we to believe that he doesn't know the rule?

Second, what on earth is coach Childress thinking here?

Spend half the off-season and training camp wooing this 40 yr old legend QB to come play for you, and now ... in a PRE-SEASON GAME, have him line up outside and then come in and lower his head to put a BLOCK on a defensive back.

ummm ...

[Marcus]That's not smart.[/Marcus]

You could see Favre get up a bit wobbly from the play.

Imagine the questions Childress would have to answer if Favre had actually gotten himself legitimately injured on the play.

Asinine.
Paul
Elwood

Re: The Favre crackback block

Post by Paul »

Can't add anything to that.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

You’re posting to let us know that you have nothing to post? Well done, Paul.

:?
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

And you are ankle biting at a shit post?

Take a lap or ten yourself.

The block was ridiculous, and from what it looked like, Favre didn't think he did anything wrong. Hell, he didn't even offer to help him up. Its apparant that Favre is losing a few marbles upstairs. Lets just hope he keeps enough of them up there to direct the Vikes to the postseason. From the looks of that preseason game this Vikes team will be just fine with AP and their defense. There's no need for Favre to sacrifice his melon.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

DallasFanatic wrote:And you are ankle biting at a shit post?
I am not buying your definition... anklebiting is the act of attacking another poster for no good reason. Letting Paul know that useless twitter updates are frowned upon may actually decrease future shit posts. That's not a bad thing.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm pretty sure Paul's post was his way of RACKing my take.

No laps for anyone.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Ever the optimist, eh tart? Comes with being a Raiderfan, I guess.

So. I saw the game. Rack Tirico and Jaws for calling Favre out on the play. Typical Favre... he's asked to think on his feet = FAIL. I am quite certain that play was not drawn up so that the game's biggest drama queen is cutting someone out at the knees.

Unless of course, it's the master plan whereby anyone seeing this formation in the future is faced with an uncovered Favre racing down the sideline. Which makes me think... why don't you just take your toughest SOB, line him up on the QB, and pop him real hard coming off the line with bad intentions anytime he's not under center?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I am quite certain that play was not drawn up so that the game's biggest drama queen is cutting someone out at the knees.
Have you ever seen any QB throw a block and not go low? The block was six feet away from the play. It shouldn't have even been flagged.

This is precisely why preseason football is important. The officials and spend 4-5 weeks getting adjusted to the new rules the NFL has created only to casually "forget" them during the regular season. Then again it's a joke that the wedge has been outlawed in the first place.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Have you ever seen any QB throw a block and not go low? The block was six feet away from the play. It shouldn't have even been flagged.
What does 6 feet from the play have to do with anything? Apparently, you're a misinformed as Favre and/or whoever designed that play.

An offensive player who lines up more than two yards outside his own tackle or a player who, at the snap, is in a backfield position and subsequently takes a position more than two yards outside a tackle may not clip an opponent anywhere nor may he contact an opponent below the waist if the blocker is moving toward the ball and if contact is made within an area five yards on either side of the line. (crackback)

Favre was more than 2 yards from his tackle. He was definitely within 5 yards of the line. The defender was definitely moving towards the ball. He hit the defender below the waist. Flag. End of story.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:And you are ankle biting at a shit post?
I am not buying your definition... anklebiting is the act of attacking another poster for no good reason.
Gee ucant, thanks for KYOA. :lol:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I am quite certain that play was not drawn up so that the game's biggest drama queen is cutting someone out at the knees.
Have you ever seen any QB throw a block and not go low? The block was six feet away from the play. It shouldn't have even been flagged.
there's also the possibility that Fav-Ray is having second thoughts about the comeback and is looking for a dignified way out- Injured Reserve
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

I wonder what P-Rox thinks...RIP.
Go Bucs, Gators
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Except that it wasn't the end of the story now, was it?
It sure as fuck was the end your "a flag shouldn't have been thown" story. Feel free to know WTF you're babbling about before chiming in.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Bucmonkey wrote:I wonder what P-Rox thinks...RIP.
I miss that guy......He was the only ViQueens fan that knew and could his mud!
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Lets just hope he keeps enough of them up there to direct the Vikes to the postseason.
Let's not. And it's not going to happen. He'll be a broken man by week 13. Hell, he's already preparing excuses for his inevitable failure.

I'm thinking that he won't make it to week 8 when the Queens come to Lambeau
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Bucmonkey wrote:I wonder what P-Rox thinks...RIP.

...he's rolling over...nah, never mind

RIP p-rox
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:I miss that guy......He was the only ViQueens fan that knew and could his mud!

:lol:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DallasFanatic wrote:this Vikes team will be just fine with AP

Uhm, as mentioned several times, AP plays RB for the Bears... STILL.

And AD still plays for the Vikes.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Rack the Sig, Dins...
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

That block could have cost Wilson the rest of his career. Had his knee buckled under Favre's body, it would have folded backwards and torn every ligament in his knee and possibly a broker hip. Luckily Wilson was able to free his knee up to bend the correct way just before Favre had a chance to roll over it. It was a cheap shot and Favre knows better considering his tenure in the league. And to agree with 'tart's point, Childress is a dumbass for calling a play like that in the preseason.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Brett Favre has at least 30lbs on the guy, so going low was a fucking cheap shot you ignorant twat.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mvscal twists himself into a pretzel to defend this ridiculous "block" by drama queen Favre, but it doesn't take much imagination to know what his take would be if the same block had been thrown by a balck QB.

You look like an idiot in this thread, sorry.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You're the only one twisting himself into a pretzel by trying to paint this into some kind of malicious cheap shot.
Uh, no.

I said it was a cheapshot and an incredibly stoopid play.

I never said it was a "malicious" cheapshot and I didn't try to paint it into anything that it isn't.

Read my post to begin the thread if you're having some difficulty.