How will the liberal media spin Tiger's epic meltdown?

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: How will the liberal media spin Tiger's epic meltdown?

Post by Felix »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm sure the liberal golf media establishment will talk about how incredible Yang was
he was incredible-8 under on the monster that is Hazeltine is an amazing score actually, they'd put it into Major condition (grown out the rough) and let the greens and fairways dry out...I'm more impressed that he didn't fold under the pressure of playing with Woods....given the fact that at it's regular set up it's got a course rating of 155 tells you all you need to know just how brutal that course is....throw in some poa annua weedgrass intermixed with the bent grass greens, and it makes for a wild putting experience.

Yang hit the shots, el tiegre did not....end of story
get out, get out while there's still time
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:Yang hit the shots, el tiegre did not....end of story
That hybrid 3 on 18 was fucking SICK.

I was still pissed Tigger didn't putt out before Yang. He knew Yang wasn't going to 3 putt from 8 feet. He should have putted out and let Yang have a long ovation.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

IndyFrisco wrote:I was still pissed Tigger didn't putt out before Yang. He knew Yang wasn't going to 3 putt from 8 feet. He should have putted out and let Yang have a long ovation.
And given that Tiger, just a few weeks ago at Buick during the final round, had Letzig putt out so that Letzig wouldn't have to deal with the crowd's reax to Woods putting out...it's even more pathetic that Tiger didn't take the initiative to clear the green before Yang.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Sounds like a classless piece of shit to me. Much like LeBron.
"Sounds like..."?? How 'bout, "is a classless piece of shit"? Seems more fitting given his on-course temper tantrums and bitchy outbursts toward spectators...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I wouldn't necessarily call him classless. Immature, yes.

BSmack will be in here shortly excusing him for not putting out because Yang 3 putted 2 holes before, albeit from like 30 feet or so. And why give Yang the comfort knowing he could 3 putt from 8 foot to still win should Tigger miss his putt. :meds:
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Nantz sounded so upset when Tiger left the scorer's trailer and went right to the club house without giving an interview.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

IndyFrisco wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call him classless. Immature, yes.
You can and should call him both.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I think at times, he has shown classless behavior and but most of the time shows class.

I think most of the time he is immature while some of the time he shows signs of maturity.

I won't broadbrush anyone with these traits as we all have faults. I do think what you do the majority of the time speaks louder. Not putting out was a bitch move, classless and immature.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Not putting out and then not giving the interview was bush league. I know he was pissed he lost, but he could have been gracious in defeat, which many golfers are.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MuchoBulls wrote:Not putting out and then not giving the interview was bush league. I know he was pissed he lost, but he could have been gracious in defeat, which many golfers are.
Agree.

I know he's a "take my ball and go home" kind of dude. He had the opportunity to give congrats to a fellow-yellow to the world but decided to go cry. As I said, he has his moments of classlessness and he lives in an immature world. I just realize those moments are his downfall while some dont recognize his good traits when he decides to show them.

Basically, as long as all is well in Tigger's world, he's a'ight. As soon as something doesn't go his way, well, let's just say "the other half" shows.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:He had the opportunity to give congrats to a fellow-yellow to the world but decided to go cry.
I saw Tiger shake Yang's hand. What were you looking at?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The classy thing to do would be to not snub the interview. I said "to the world" which meant give the interview. Not a customary handshake at the end of every round that all pros as well as all hacks at the muni on weekends do. That's an unwritten rule.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:The classy thing to do would be to not snub the interview. I said "to the world" which meant give the interview. Not a customary handshake at the end of every round that all pros as well as all hacks at the muni on weekends do. That's an unwritten rule.
Unwritten rules aren't worth the paper they are written on.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Come on, I know your reading comprehension isn't that bad. I said the handshake after the match was the unwritten rule, not the interview. You will never see a golfer walk off the 18th green without shaking the hands of the other players and caddies in the group. That isn't showing class, it is just proper etiquette. Then again, etiquette, in and of itself, is "unwritten rules" so I'm not so shocked you could care less about etiquette either since Tigger lacks in that area at times as well.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

he gave a pretty long press interview after the CBS cameras were turned off-he was very gracious toward Yang-said he had his oppontunities, but just couldn't convert-which is the truth

hey, I wouldn't want to be interviewed immediately after losing a major that was firmly in my grasp either-CBS will simply have to dry their tears and console themselves with the fact that when Woods competes, their golf viewership quadruples
get out, get out while there's still time