Thug Vick to Eagles.....

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Thug Vick to Eagles.....

Post by War Wagon »

Good for him.

We have this thing here called the NFL forum.

Check it out.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Vick is a degenerate.
Eagle fan is a degenerate.
Philadelphia is a degenerate city.

Looks like a match made in hell.

But zerizly, this is actually a prolly a pretty good landing spot for Vick.

He can "relax" behind the established #1 QB.
No pressure.
Just get settled again into football mode.
When the opportunity arises to get back on the field, which it inevitably will, do your best with it.

I've heard chatter about Vick in the slot, Vick at tailback, Vick in the wildcat, etc.

I don't really buy it.

What made him so dangerous was the fact that he had a DUAL threat -- throw and run.

Put him in the slot or at TB and you don't have that dual threat anymore.
And as nifty a runner as he was at QB, Mike Vick was NOT a "great" runner ... compared to the REALLY great backs in the league.

He's a streetball QB with a big arm, small brain, and very good legs.

Well, he was that.

It's my opinion that he will never fully regain the form that he once had.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think they just need to let him know that he is a receiver/back from now on. Tell him that it takes brains to play qb in this league.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

That was a pretty spiffy suit he had on yesterday. How much are they paying him?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The white fans of the Eagles hate the signing.
The black ones love it.

Vick may play in the 3rd pre-season game. I can't imagine that going too well...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

My oldest son Mitez
Pray for him.

Then heap scorn on his parents.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote:How long ago was it that Vick entered the pen? 2 years?

A 1 year old daughter sounds about right.
Vick served 18 months at Fort Leavenworth, where I seriously doubt conjugal visits are allowed.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Any of you catch the 60 minutes interview last night?

Mike Vick is sorry.
Sorry he got caught.
Guarantee if he hadn't been - he'd still be running Bad Newz Kennels

On the plus side he also admitted being a lazy ass POS as a player - Last to get there first to leave type.
Says he's changed that attitude too.

Anyone ever look up his Wonderlic test? - I'd be surprised if it was double didgits
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I watched the 60 min interview, and I agree with KC Scott. He's just sorry he got caught.

Most people who are doing something wrong (doesn't have to be illegal) and they know it is wrong, as he damn well did, are most likely to regret getting caught, not what they did.

I, myself, chewed tobacco from 15 to 26 religiously. I tried quitting many times, but never could. When I got married, I vowed that was it. No more dipping. Over the past 7 years, I started/stopped many times. Promised the wife I would never do it again only to fail. I'd even hide the shit from her. Pissed her off plenty. I finally got the demon off my back (or lip) about a year ago.

In any case, when I got busted from the wife a few times with chew, I was sorry I got caught. Sure, I was sorry I pissed her off too, but mostly because I got caught. Now, after time and I am not addicted to it anymore, I have felt remorse for what I did. It wasn't illegal, but it was hiding the shit from my wife that I can look back on and see as childish/immature/etc. And it has helped keep me away from it because I never want to have that addiction again.

That being said, knowing I have had my bout with guilt, then "punishment", then anger over being caught, then abstinance and now remorse, I know the signs. I listened to his answers last night. While he's had 2 years of time to reflect on his actions, and while he may or may not feel remorse yet, he sure didn't answer the questions like someone who has. He answered as if he's sorry about "all he's lost" rather than "what he did." In any event, NO ONE, myself included, will ever know if/when he's truly remorseful. Only he will know that. And I'm ok with that as should everyone here be. The question is, should he be allowed back? Certainly. I still think he's a POS, but he has every right to play again.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Toddowen wrote: If anything, Vicks return will bring in more customers.
Or it could chase away advertisers.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Jim, I don't get it. The Eagles have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Sure, he's a piece of shit. Lotta worse crimes that NFLers get off for (i.e. DUI manslaughter) and no one gave a shit about (Leonard Little). Smart move by the Eagles. The rest of the NFC East is still looking for new drawers.
A team with little-to-no playoff aspirations has nothing to lose. But the Eagles? I don't get it. The media is going to set up camp in Philly. Why do they want the constant distractions and media ankle biting that is inevitably going to come from all this? I wouldn't want to mess with my team's focus and chemistry.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Why do they want the constant distractions and media ankle biting that is inevitably going to come from all this? I wouldn't want to mess with my team's focus and chemistry.
That's only going to happen if they start losing, and that is something that would happen with or without Vick..

The expectations are that this team should be in the playoffs and possible SB contenders.. even with their current injuries... whether a possible losing season is attributable to Vick or not, the fact that he is on the team and creating controversy is just enough for fans and the media to blame that type of season on having Vick on the team. If McNabb continues to kill worms with his short throws it'll be reported that he's feeling the pressure from Vick. If Andy's historically dreadful play calling leads to some awful offensive games, people will wonder if he's trying too hard to get Vick into the game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

That's only going to happen if they start losing
Are you kidding me? Are you oblivious to how ESPN operates? They're going to be all over this team's junk from day 1.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

IndyFrisco wrote: While he's had 2 years of time to reflect on his actions, and while he may or may not feel remorse yet, he sure didn't answer the questions like someone who has. He answered as if he's sorry about "all he's lost" rather than "what he did." .
Exactly. I believe if he hadn't been caught - he'd still be fighting dogs today.

At no time did during that interview did it ever come accross that he "cared" about the dogs or viewed them as anything other than a form of entertainment his "culture" viewed as acceptable.

He tried to rationalize this when he told the story about the cops driving past a dog fight when he was a kid and ignoring the incident once they saw it was a dog fight.

Do you chalk that up as ignorance or just a complete lack of empathy for the Animals?

Both?
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

Only in Philly baby......

Speaking of which.....I see a Steak & Cheese in my future.......

Seriously, we gotta guy down here that worked at Gino's
If any of you fucks come to St. Augustine, try "South of Philly"

Good fucking bread
Great fucking people.....

Late....
The only right answer to a fool is silence
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Speaking of whether he's truly sorry...maybe we should ask Tony Dungy?

Gawd & GOD I was sick of hearing Michaels and Collinsworth yammering to Dungy about rehabbing Vick during the Hall of Fame game last week. What shit for tv nonsense that was. We missed minutes of the game to listen to a NFL propaganda piece discussing Vick's re-entry into the NFL...whatthefuckever.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

The reason why I don't think the Vick signing is a big deal because I remember last season when they got their shit pushed in by the Ravens and everyone in the Philly SMA was melting over Reid and wanting him fired. I can't imagine it can get any worse than that and look what happened.
What did happen? Oh that's right, they choked and lost yet another NFC Championship. Maybe you're a fan of almost getting there but I'm not. This is an organization that calls itself the "gold standard of the league." (seriously look it up). Joe Banner said the Eagles have the best team in the NFL this year. Are you fucking kidding me? People wonder why Philly fans are so hard on the players and ownership and yet they ignore the blatant bullshit that gets handed to us each year.
And Reid has dealt with larger personal distraction than the media coverage over Vick (i.e. his two drug fiend sons).
And yet Andy has just given the media and fans a chance to tie the 2 stories together and make it a fucking perfect storm.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ADAM wrote:Only in Philly baby......

Speaking of which.....I see a Steak & Cheese in my future.......

Seriously, we gotta guy down here that worked at Gino's
If any of you fucks come to St. Augustine, try "South of Philly"

Good fucking bread
Great fucking people.....

Late....
It's Geno's not Gino's and they're steaks are overated... have been for over 10 years. The best place to get a cheesesteak in Philly is Jim's Steaks on South Street.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote: nothing is ever good enough for you guys.
The Eagles have never won a SB. Ever. The last championship they win was in '64. You're a skins fan so you have a fairly recent memory of a SB win. Even my Dad doesn't know what it's like to celebrate a Super Bowl championship. So you're right... nothing is good enough because quite a few generations of Eagles fans who have nothing to fall back on when the team sucks.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

IndyFrisco wrote:I watched the 60 min interview, and I agree with KC Scott. He's just sorry he got caught.

Most people who are doing something wrong (doesn't have to be illegal) and they know it is wrong, as he damn well did, are most likely to regret getting caught, not what they did.

I, myself, chewed tobacco from 15 to 26 religiously. I tried quitting many times, but never could. When I got married, I vowed that was it. No more dipping. Over the past 7 years, I started/stopped many times. Promised the wife I would never do it again only to fail. I'd even hide the shit from her. Pissed her off plenty. I finally got the demon off my back (or lip) about a year ago.

In any case, when I got busted from the wife a few times with chew, I was sorry I got caught. Sure, I was sorry I pissed her off too, but mostly because I got caught. Now, after time and I am not addicted to it anymore, I have felt remorse for what I did. It wasn't illegal, but it was hiding the shit from my wife that I can look back on and see as childish/immature/etc. And it has helped keep me away from it because I never want to have that addiction again.

That being said, knowing I have had my bout with guilt, then "punishment", then anger over being caught, then abstinance and now remorse, I know the signs. I listened to his answers last night. While he's had 2 years of time to reflect on his actions, and while he may or may not feel remorse yet, he sure didn't answer the questions like someone who has. He answered as if he's sorry about "all he's lost" rather than "what he did." In any event, NO ONE, myself included, will ever know if/when he's truly remorseful. Only he will know that. And I'm ok with that as should everyone here be. The question is, should he be allowed back? Certainly. I still think he's a POS, but he has every right to play again.
Nice to learn your wife checked your balls at the door of HER marriage.

Noted.

bwaa ..