Camp

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Re: Camp

Post by stuckinia »

Tart,

You forgot about Schweigert to the Skins last year. He did not even make it out of camp.

Hope DHall does better.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good point on Schweig.

That guy actually thought he was ... something.

Soft, slow, and white is no way to go through life, son.

MeAngelo might be alright, actually, if he doesn't have to lock anyone down one-on-one very often.

When he can just roam around a bit, he's capable of making some plays on the ball.

He'll make some picks and CAN be dangerous when he's got the ball in his hands.

But like Schweig, he thinks too highly of himself.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Al has shown a keen eye for knowing when to fold 'em on a lot of players.
If this were true, Alcula would've folded on the entire franchise by now.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Texans signed former Pats CB Deltha O'Neal and former Broncos RB Andre Hall.

O'Neal is a good pick up considering the loss of Reeves and Robinson missing camp due to a bleeding vag. From what I can remember about O'Neal is that he takes risks on the field a lot. He is capable of 6-7 interceptions, but that kind of aggression in man-to-man coverage leads to him getting burned every now and then. It's a solid veteran pick up for a team that was already thin at the CB position.

I absolutely LOVE the Andre Hall pick up. This guy will fit nicely in the one-cut system. I'm not sold on Chris Brown staying healthy, so the Texans needed to pick up a decent RB.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:Oakland's got a real interesting group of young receivers and skill players.

REAL interesting.

Bang on us now, because the worm is turning.
No.

DHB would've been CUT from the Chiefs already, based solely on the amount of passes in TC that the dude has already clanked off his mitts.

Buy hey, if the Cable Guy can live with that then I guarantee you I'M good with it. :twisted:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:
James wrote:they're (NE) already halfway to that destination with thier penchant for snagging up former shit Raiders who've proven to be unproductive and cancerous. Moss is the only exception to this
This is a actually a very good take.

Al get's hammered in the media, and of course with the teams he's fielded over the past 6 years and the hard-ons built up for him over the years ... it's expected, BUT, Al has shown a keen eye for knowing when to fold 'em on a lot of players.

What recent "good" Raider player, other than Moss, has done much of anything after leaving Oakland?

Tyler Brayton in Carolina? Nope.
Fabian Washington in B'more? Nope.
Grady Jackson in GB, ATL, etc.... Nope.
Eric Barton in NY. Mediocre.
Doug Jolly in NY. Nope
Blowtime Buchanan in Houston, TB, etc.... Nope.
Doug Gabriel in NE? Nope.

Every one of these slugs performed better in Oakland ... prior to Mr Davis dumping their @sses.

Good fuggen luck with Andrew Walter and Gimpy Burgess, chowds. har har

Al dumped on ya, me bets.

Oakland's got a real interesting group of young receivers and skill players.

REAL interesting.

Bang on us now, because the worm is turning.

Yep.

LaMont Jordan and Napolean Harris come to mind as well. Both garbage and cut loose after initially being productive in thier first year with us.

Khalif going down for preseason hurts, but dont forget pop that the man taking his LT spot (Mario Henderson) didnt allow a sack on JaMarcus since he got the starting nod for us in the last 5 games. The kid's no joke.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good calls on Harris and Jordan, James.
There might be others who slipped my mind, also.

Henderson seems to have not much problem with ... ability.

For some reason, both Kiffin and Cable were not warm to him, though.
Bad practice habits, bad attitude, not working hard enough ... I dunno.
For some reason, they both thought he somehow needed to get his shit together.

But yeah, when he's played for us at LT, I've been good with his performance.

Fingers crossed he can handle it for 16 games.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well, Oakland *THUMPED* the Cowgirls in scrimmage ball last night.

The Raiders have assembled a young skill-player core on offense that has the potential to be very hard to defend.

Recievers -- C. Shilens, L. Murphy, D.H. Bey, J.L. Higgins, N. Miller
TE -- Z. Miller

Toss a potential J. Walker in there and then look at McFadden and Bush in the backfield ... and yep, it might shape up to be a group that can legitimately score some points on a regular basis.

I like.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:Well, Oakland *THUMPED* the Cowgirls in scrimmage ball last night.

The Raiders have assembled a young skill-player core on offense that has the potential to be very hard to defend.

TE -- Z. Miller

Toss a potential J. Walker in there and then look at McFadden and Bush in the backfield ... and yep, it might shape up to be a group that can legitimately score some points on a regular basis.

I like.
*sigh*

I remember when Chief fans were like this -

congrats on that remarkable Pre-season win and on the offensive Juggernaut you've assembled
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:Well, Oakland *THUMPED* the Cowgirls in scrimmage ball last night.

TE -- Z. Miller

I like.
A few things really stood out for me watching this game, pops:

1. Russell scanned the field excellently and progressed through all his reads quickly.....he looks very comfortable and poised in the pocket. (To his credit, he has always looked poised in the pocket even when the o-line was crumbling around him and he was getting hammered left and right.....even the most viscious hits dont bother him-he has that very rare intangible.)

What really stood out though was Russell doing this with the wolves being cut loose on our offense-Dallas was blitzing thier ass off against us, and seeing our o-line and JRuss handle it as well as they did put a smile on my face.

2. McFadden and Bush. Holy fuck. Both of these guys are monsters, and i'm truly looking forward to seeing them both healthy and running wild.

3. Our young WR Core. They look damn good. Lots of raw young talent in that area for us.

4. QB situation. Garcia is a proven commodity, but having a former starter in Gradkowski as a 3rd stringer is a very nice luxury. He also looked comfortable and was nailing most of his throws to his targets.

5. Our O-line. As usual, they were penalized more than i'd like to see-but this group looked very good vs. an excellent blitzing mind like W. Phillips, and worked well together. They are meshing, and it is very obvious.

6. Defense. Huff looked much, much better than i've seen over the years.....but as a whole are still giving up more real estate than i'd like to see. More penetration from our D-Line than i've seen in quite awhile. A good DT and and a veteran LB to compliment Morrison and Howard, and they're in business.

Overall, I really liked what I saw for the most part. Legit DT and a LB would go a long way toward our success this coming season.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC Scott wrote:*sigh*

I remember when Chief fans were like this -

congrats on that remarkable Pre-season win and on the offensive Juggernaut you've assembled
poptart wrote:potential

potential

it might shape up
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

A few more thoughts, James.

- Garcia's calf injury

Seems fishy to me.
I've got a nagging feeling he's on the trade block.
Was brought in to give Russell a kick in the pants and now will be dealt to a team with QB need.
Gradkowski is good enough to be the #2, the organization thinks.

Just a suspicion.

- Chaz Shilens

I'm excited about him.
Has got a chance to be a real good player.
Very competetive.
Catches the ball well.
Fights for the ball in traffic.
Real good size and decent speed.

- Fargas

I could see him being dealt, too.
Other than blocking, I don't know what he gives us that McFadden and Bush combined, don't.
Plus we've got Rankin and G. Russell.
Deal him for defensive help, or a pick.
I think he costs us 3.5 mil this year.
We don't need him, at that price.

- We're very thin on defense.

No depth.
Best case scenario would be for D. Brooks to sign with us ... and have something left in the tank.
I dunno.
No secret, also, that we need help at DT in a very bad way, or we're gonna get gashed v. the run once again.

Mitchell has hamstring problems and likely wouldn't give us anything at safety this rookie year anyway.
So we NEED M. Huff to PLAY for us.
We're lacking at corner, depth-wise, also, imo.
With 3, 4 and even 5 receiver offensive packages very common, a team NEEDS an abundance of DB's.
We're thin.

It'll be an interesting few weeks 'til the real games kickoff.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well, speaking of being thin at DB ...

http://cbs5.com/sports/Raiders.sign.CB. ... mp=AFC-San

There's a body.

Interesting comments from Tom Cable -- about J. Garcia -- at the end of that little piece.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:Well, speaking of being thin at DB ...

There's a body.

Interesting comments from Tom Cable -- about J. Garcia -- at the end of that little piece.

Great call on both counts, pop.

I cant believe I forgot to mention this bro, but our coaching staff on all 3 sides of the ball did a great job in mixing shit up offensively and masking our blitz packages (which looked great when unleashed). I truly believe Al was convinced by Cable to put some stock in acquiring our excellent coordinator talent from top to bottom. Even during chucky's tenure, I didnt see this much talent assistant coach-wise.

Oh, and theres the 2 hundred and 30 fucking yards that Slob Ryan's Browns squad got mashed for yesterday..... :lol:

I truly hate that motherfucker and would jump at the chance to anal pound his mother while smacking him in the fucking mouth with one hand and pouring sugar in his fucking gas tank with the other. Fuck that poser ass talentless puckertongueing dickface for sucking Al's wallet fry with his gimmicky long hair and fake ass bad attitude.

Looking forward to trophy number 4 this season. Make your time, bitches.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:Well, speaking of being thin at DB ...

There's a body.

Great call on both counts, pop.

I cant believe I forgot to mention this bro, but our coaching staff on all 3 sides of the ball did a great job in mixing shit up offensively and masking our blitz packages (which looked great when unleashed). I truly believe Al was convinced by Cable to put some stock in acquiring our excellent coordinator talent from top to bottom. Even during chucky's tenure, I didnt see this much talent assistant coach-wise.

Oh, and theres the 2 hundred and 30 fucking yards RUSHING that Slob Ryan's Browns squad got mashed for yesterday..... :lol:

I truly hate that motherfucker and would jump at the chance to anal slam his mother while smacking him in the fucking mouth with one hand and pouring sugar in his fucking gas tank with the other. Fuck that poser ass talentless puckertongueing ballsmoker for sucking Al's wallet fry with his gimmicky long hair and fake ass bad attitude.

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

RJ wrote:I cant believe I forgot to mention this bro, but our coaching staff on all 3 sides of the ball did a great job in mixing shit up offensively and masking our blitz packages (which looked great when unleashed). I truly believe Al was convinced by Cable to put some stock in acquiring our excellent coordinator talent from top to bottom. Even during chucky's tenure, I didnt see this much talent assistant coach-wise.

Oh, and theres the 2 hundred and 30 fucking yards RUSHING that Slob Ryan's Browns squad got mashed for yesterday..... :lol:

I truly hate that motherfucker and would jump at the chance to anal slam his mother while smacking him in the fucking mouth with one hand and pouring sugar in his fucking gas tank with the other. Fuck that poser ass talentless puckertongueing ballsmoker for sucking Al's wallet fry with his gimmicky long hair and fake ass bad attitude.

Somebody clearly forgot to send James the memo that we're only in the PRE-season right now.... :lol:

Seriously, 10W-40 Dome....your team can look ALL-WORLD in the pre-season and go 5-11 AGAIN once they count. Oh, and if the 'Duhs coaching staff actually DID do some blitzing on D and did anything more than the plays you'll find on EA Sports Madden NFL 10 then they just in fact put themselves that much further behind the proverbial "8 ball". You see, other teams (particularly the ones that will play the 'Duhs in '09) are filming them to look for certain tendencies in addition to scouting for any talent that they will be cutting loose once the rosters are supposed to get trimmed down.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I watched the Chefs first Pre-season game last night and saw one of these:

and it wasn't on a Fans head!

Other than than, The Chefs would have a hard time scoring with Paris Hilton if they were Movie Producers
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Scott Mitchell looked pretty good.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:I watched the Chefs first Pre-season game last night...
While I was at the game and the kindest thing I can say is that while Todd Haley may not be Herm Edwards, somebody on that coaching staff is clear channeling him.

Good grief, they stunk.

Not a very auspicius start for the new regime. I figured they'd come out and want to make a statement. Apparently, that statement is that it's going to be another miserably long season for the fans.

As for Arrowhead and the renovations... the stadium looks great.

More restrooms, more ridiculously over priced concessions, but the parking situation is still a fucking nightmare and the people running that circus should be shot. $22 to get in the parking lot and it took 30 minutes before I finally got directed to an open slot. :brad: I could've parked on the shoulder of I-70 and hoofed in there quicker. Next time I just might.

So I was pissed before I even got in the gate, where they shook me down like a Raiderfan for concealed weapons. So then after paying $7.50 for a cup of warm beer and $5.75 for a glass of watered down Coke for my daughter (that they don't even provide a lid and straw for) I finally get to my seat.... and it starts raining. Hard.

So we're getting soaked and once the game starts the Chiefs went 3 and out four straight times with their new $60 million dollar QB at the helm. Run, run, pass, punt.

They're going to wear out Chiefs MVP Dustin Colquitts leg before the regular season even starts. I started wisecracking to my daughter that maybe they needed to start punting on 1st down and eliminate any chance of a turnover... right before they fumbled the ball at their own 24 yard line.
Last edited by War Wagon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Did KC really draft a kicker named ... Suckup??

:lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote:Did KC really draft a kicker named ... Suckup??
Succup, but the pronunciation is the same.

With the final pick of the draft, aka "Mr. Irrelevant". I think they hand out a plaque for that.

He was actually one of the bright spots last night. Kicked a 47 yard FG in the rain right before halftime for the Chiefs only points in the 1st half. Looks like the kid might stick.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dad Wagon wrote:Looks like the kid (Suckup) might stick
Create your own joke at home, fans.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

War Wagon wrote:While I was at the game and the kindest thing I can say is that while Todd Haley may not be Herm Edwards, somebody on that coaching staff is clear channeling him.

Good grief, they stunk.

Not a very auspicius start for the new regime. I figured they'd come out and want to make a statement. Apparently, that statement is that it's going to be another miserably long season for the fans.

As for Arrowhead and the renovations... the stadium looks great.

More restrooms, more ridiculously over priced concessions, but the parking situation is still a fucking nightmare and the people running that circus should be shot. $22 to get in the parking lot and it took 30 minutes before I finally got directed to an open slot. :brad: I could've parked on the shoulder of I-70 and hoofed in there quicker. Next time I just might.

So I was pissed before I even got in the gate, where they shook me down like a Raiderfan for concealed weapons. So then after paying $7.50 for a cup of warm beer and $5.75 for a glass of watered down Coke for my daughter (that they don't even provide a lid and straw for) I finally get to my seat.... and it starts raining. Hard.

So we're getting soaked and once the game starts the Chiefs went 3 and out four straight times with their new $60 million dollar QB at the helm. Run, run, pass, punt.

They're going to wear out Chiefs MVP Dustin Colquitts leg before the regular season even starts. I started wisecracking to my daughter that maybe they needed to start punting on 1st down and eliminate any chance of a turnover... right before they fumbled the ball at their own 24 yard line.
While I didn't see anything that really stood out as a real positive for the Chiefs either last night, I'm just not as down on them now as you and Scott look to be Wags....look, we've collectively been watching the NFL for YEARS and surely the lot of you don't take much out of the FIRST FREAKING PRESEASON GAME for whomever you cheer for, right? Seriously, speaking purely for myself I could care less about how the Chiefs look until AT LEAST the 3rd preseason tilt....lots of new players at new positions and a new coaching staff that wants things done totally different that the old one equate to a fair amount of sloppy football.

Having said that, if Todd's squad shits the bed against the Seahags on Aug. 29 then feel free to color me worried.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Paul wrote: ...surely the lot of you don't take much out of the FIRST FREAKING PRESEASON GAME for whomever you cheer for, right?
Of course not. Pre-season is meaningless.

But going to that game last night was a miserable experience only made worse by their inept play.

Chiefs fans are the biggest suckers on the planet. We'll put up with just about anything, but when they put a totally unprepared team out there on that field and expect us to just swallow it...

Fuck that noise.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

The first team offense looks really sharp. Schaub was 7-7 for 70 yards. Very nice. Chris Brown ran like he did when he was with the Titans. That was a very positive sign. The win came with a cost. Boomer Grigsby and Sux Grossman are out 5-6 weeks. This team can't afford injuries. Now we're out looking for a 3rd QB to spell Orlovsky during preseason. Not good.

The first team defense absolutely pwned the Chiefs first team offense. They forced three punts and one turnover to the first team in four posessions. Very positive, albeit it was the Chefs. Still, that is a positive heading into the season. The front seven looked good and rookie Connor Barwin was a beast. I'm really excited about the prospects of this kid.

First preseason game the first team for both sides of the ball get an A.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Go Coogs' wrote:Very positive, albeit it was the Chefs.
Great, we've got a Texans "fan" running smack on a franchise that was the original AFL Texans 50 years ago.

Fucking ouch.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:
Paul wrote:lots of new players at new positions and a new coaching staff that wants things done totally different that the old one
And that all equals a shit season, tubby.

2-14
Feel free to direct that 2-14 smack at DonkeyFan.....that might end up being the worst team in this league.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

KC drafts top 10
Dungver drafts top 5
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

poptart wrote:2010

KC drafts top 10
Dungver drafts top 5

And with the first pick the Oakland Raiders Select Usain Bolt WR. Jamaica
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:You'll be right there with them. The Queefs have lost their two best players over the past two seasons (Allen & Gonzo) and they were really your only two good players. You have jack fucking squat on your roster. Honestly, the 2008 Lions had better talent pretty much across the board. Now that I think about it...

1-15
Whatever....Cassel is legit, as is Dwayne Bowe/Larry Johnson/Branden Albert/Derrick Johnson/Brandon Flowers.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

if you were looking at players that were in the top 50% at their position accross the league, meaning start on 16+ teams in the NFL - I'd say these Chefs would be included Right now:

Brian Waters
Branden Albert
Dwayne Bowe
Dustin Colquitt
Mike Vrable
Jarrod Page

Jury still out:

Cassell
Tyson Jackson
Brandon Flowers

I wouldn't rate Larry Johnson as a top 16 back - lack of blocking / catching ability
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote: Chaz Shilens

I'm excited about him.
Has got a chance to be a real good player.
Very competetive.
Catches the ball well.
Fights for the ball in traffic.
Real good size and decent speed.
Broken foot -- out 6-8 weeks.

FCUK!!!

It'll prolly be longer than that, imo.

J. Walker ... get your @ass ready!

This sucks, a LOT.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

DallasFanatic wrote:1. Left guard
2. Receivers
3. Defensive tackles

Also, what the heck are the Boys going to do with Nick Folk (ace kicker), David Buehler (kickoff specialist) and Matt McBriar(pro-bowl punter)? You can't possibly keep them all on the roster come game day. I guess when kicking is your problem you are in pretty good shape.
1. Kyle Kosier wins hands down
2. Sam Hurd may have stepped in as the #3 receiver, and could have the #2 spot soon enough if he can stay healthy.
3. Depth is a concern behind Ratliff. Siavili looks to be the backup, and has looked decent. But overall, still a big question mark.

As for the kickers, it looks like they may just leave all three on the roster since Buehler can play special teams. In fact Buehler beat out fellow rookie Deangelo Smith in a 50-yard dash. Pretty impressive when a punter can smoke a CB/Safety.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland's run defense was shredded by the Faggywhiners all night long.
We need help at DT, LB, and Safety.
And we're thin at corner.

With three weeks 'til opening day, a move need to be made to shore up at least DT.
If not, this defense will get give up 200 on the ground and 30 on the scoreboard on a very regular basis.

What ya got, Al?

Russell looked ... ok -- btw, his footwork looks much improved over last year -- except on the failed 4th and 4 at the niner 4 in the first -- when he, for no real reason at all, threw off his back foot and missed his target in the end zone.
That looked like dogshit, ... but ... overall, yeah, his footwork mechanics are mucho better looking this year.
O-Line -- fair to partly cloudy.
Young receivers -- so-so.

The Raider first string offense held it's own v. the 9ers.
The Raider first string defense held it's own on the SCOREBOARD, but got cooked on the ground.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

After watching the Vike game Friday -

1. Chiefs Defense will be much better than last season
2. Matt Cassel will get sacked - a lot
3. FA LB Cory Mays will start at ILB opposite Derrick Johnson
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I disagree about your #1, Scott.

I think the switch to a 3-4 will take you into further problems ... this season.
And you just don't have many horses, either.

KC's defense will get lit regularly.

I agree with your #2.
Combination of receivers not getting open (other than Bowe -- and no Tony G. to count on) and an O-Line that isn't very good means that Cassel will get hit often.

I don't know about your #3.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

poptart wrote:I agree with your #2.
Combination of receivers not getting open (other than Bowe -- and no Tony G. to count on) and an O-Line that isn't very good means that Cassel will get hit often.

He had a decent O-line and great receivers last year and still led the league in sacks. I am expecting 84 sacks for Cassel this year.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:He had a decent O-line and great receivers last year and still led the league in sacks. I am expecting 84 sacks for Cassel this year.
"Decent" O-lines don't give up the most sacks in the league, last time I checked. NE's O-line hasn't been the same since the Giants' D-line made them look bad in the Super Bowl two years ago.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

If you actually watched the games, you would have seen that Cassel often had plenty of time... he just held on to the ball too long. But you didn't watch the games, so you don't know shit as per usual. They have virtually the same O-line this year, so we should expect about 50 sacks for Brady, right?

Thanks for your usual nothing.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:If you actually watched the games, you would have seen that Cassel often had plenty of time... he just held on to the ball too long. But you didn't watch the games, so you don't know shit as per usual. They have virtually the same O-line this year, so we should expect about 50 sacks for Brady, right?

Thanks for your usual nothing.
INCORRECT, sir- I actually saw MOST of the Patriots games in '08, and while Cassel did hold the ball a little bit too long his first 2-3 games, he got measurably better after that of getting rid of it. The NE O-line is overrated. Period.