Bob Dylan Tour

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Bob Dylan Tour

Post by Mikey »

Not a huge Dylan fan but I heard by chance that his tour, with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp, is coming next Wednesday to the Class A Minor League baseball stadium in Lake Elsinore about 30 miles from where I live.

Not only did I not know about this tour, I never heard of any shows at this facility. I guess one of the things on this tour is to play smaller "out of the way" places that never get any major shows.

Anyhow, I sprung for a couple of tickets and am looking forward to an interesting experience. Anybody heard any reviews or anything about this show? Never seen any of these performers before in person, but I've always liked Willie.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Bob Dylan Tour

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:Not a huge Dylan fan but I heard by chance that his tour, with Willie Nelson and Jon Mellencamp, is coming next Wednesday to the Class A Minor League baseball stadium in Lake Elsinore about 30 miles from where I live.

Not only did I not know about this tour, I never heard of any shows at this facility. I guess one of the things on this tour is to play smaller "out of the way" places that never get any major shows.

Anyhow, I sprung for a couple of tickets and am looking forward to an interesting experience. Anybody heard any reviews or anything about this show? Never seen any of these performers before in person, but I've always liked Willie.
A HS classmate of mine saw them down in Virgina at an A league stadium. She thought it was awesome all the way around. She wasn't even a Willie Nelson fan, but came away from the live show with a new found respect for the Red Headed Stranger.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Saw Willie at the Oregon State Fair last year. Played with his normal small ensemble..pick the shit up when you walk off stage and get to the bus and get stoned type of thing.

Willie did a nice almost 2 hour show...does a pretty good job for 70 something....saw him at Red Rocks with Waylon back in 81....

It is worth it to see him and John...Dylan I could give a fuck about..he is pretty overrated
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:It is worth it to see him and John...Dylan I could give a fuck about..he is pretty overrated
I've seen Dylan 3 different times. From my own experience and that of others, I can say that Dylan shows are always a crapshoot. So days he'll suck out loud and play an abbreviated set, and others he'll blow the fucking doors off the place. You just never know. The only thing for certain is that the only time he bothers enunciating is when he plays a song you've never heard before. Songs like Tangled Up in Blue or Like a Rolling Stone he straight buttfucks in the mouth with his delivery.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So how much does a ticket to this dinosaur set you back? $100? $200?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So how much does a ticket to this dinosaur set you back? $100? $200?
Anyone who would drop $100 to $200 on a ticket to a music event when they can get the CD for $10 is fucked up.

Sin,
Screwball
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So how much does a ticket to this dinosaur set you back? $100? $200?
67.50 according to the ballpark's ticket site. Kinda sad when you consider that I'll be seeing The Decemberists for almost half that price in a classic old style theater in Burlington, VT next month.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

BSmack wrote:
67.50 according to the ballpark's ticket site. Kinda sad when you consider that I'll be seeing The Decemberists for almost half that price in a classic old style theater in Burlington, VT next month.
$67.50 is actually pretty cheap around here.

Who are the Decemberists, BTW?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:
BSmack wrote:
$67.50 is actually pretty cheap around here.

Who are the Decemberists, BTW?
They're a band out of Portland, OR. Here's a taste...

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jesus, Bsmack, what, was "Forever Plaid" already sold out?

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:Jesus, Bsmack, what, was "Forever Plaid" already sold out?

:mrgreen:
What is that?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's another thoroughly gay musical play.

DELSDAD
Elwood

Post by DELSDAD »

BSmack wrote:The only thing for certain is that the only time he bothers enunciating is when he plays a song you've never heard before. Songs like Tangled Up in Blue or Like a Rolling Stone he straight buttfucks in the mouth with his delivery.
Rack. I saw him at the Frederick Keys (Orioles A) stadium a couple of years ago. When we left I said "WTF was that".
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:It's another thoroughly gay musical play.
The Decemberists are a group. That video was a theater company's rendition of the song. They're too hard to pin down to any one style, but suffice it to say that you won't hear too much G3 style shredding on a Decemberists disc. So for you they're probably meh. But if you like songwriting they're the fucking bomb.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BSmack wrote: The Decemberists are a group. They're too hard to pin down to any one style...

Really? Let me try...

How about a bunch of fags trying to peddle Kurt Weil to "Generation Y".

How's that?

I'd rather hear MGMT do Jesus Christ Superstar in it's entirety. On kazoos.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:
BSmack wrote: The Decemberists are a group. They're too hard to pin down to any one style...
Really? Let me try...

Well at least you know your Doors trivia. Don't you have a Rush concert to go to?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote:
Martyred wrote:
Really? Let me try...

Well at least you know your Doors trivia. Don't you have a Rush concert to go to?

Again, egg all over your face.

You have the most childish taste in music. It's pretty obvious you just latch onto whatever Dins discards weeks before, and there's no excuse for him either on the matter of fey, angst ridden, teen jangle-rock.
Why don’t you just STFU.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Martyred wrote:

Really? Let me try...

How's that?

I'd rather hear MGMT do Jesus Christ Superstar in it's entirety. On kazoos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sw61oITuts
Well I guess even a blind squirrel hits a line drive double now and then.

Yeah, Dylan's in a pretty weird place these days and it's every listener for himself. After all, what do we want from the droning depressed little ego maniac occasionally braying like an annoyed goat? What do we expect? Surely not a melody or a groove or a charismatic entertainer. He plays piano now, perhaps finding it easier to ignore the audience--who themselves are wondering "why the fuck am I here?" :shock:
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BSmack wrote:
The Decemberists are a group. That video was a theater company's rendition of the song. They're too hard to pin down to any one style, but suffice it to say that you won't hear too much G3 style shredding on a Decemberists disc. So for you they're probably meh. But if you like songwriting they're the fucking bomb.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. After seeing Nick's link to their video, I'll at least give them credit for playing real instruments, and playing them well.

The singer is nails on a chalkboard though, with his hyper-gay penchant for over-annunciating.

Got any links to them doing something where they don't sound like background music during a water ride at Disneyland?

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:
BSmack wrote:
Okay, thanks for the clarification. After seeing Nick's link to their video, I'll at least give them credit for playing real instruments, and playing them well.

The singer is nails on a chalkboard though, with his hyper-gay penchant for over-annunciating.

Got any links to them doing something where they don't sound like background music during a water ride at Disneyland?
Try The Rake's Song.

Or maybe The Wanting Comes In Waves?

And for another sound altogether, here's The Queen's Rebuke.

I'll concede that Collin Meloy's voice is an acquired taste. Kinda like Bob Dylan in that regard only. But the music and the quality of the lyrics are too good to ignore.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpltQ5S4xxc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpltQ5S4xxc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

B, the fourth one you were trying to link obviously didn't come up.

The first two, it's weird, they sound like they almost want to be an Irish folk band, and I love Irish folk music. They just miss, veering off into a more alternative bent, which is where they lose a little bit of their power, at least for me. The singer still annoys, too, with his cloying over-annunciation. He just employs too much obvious affectation, for me.

That third one though, that was cool. Who was the witchy sounding chick singing in that one? If that's also the same dude, that's very good. He's got a little of that chameleon thing then, like the guy from Faith No More.

Overall, I simply like the fact that they're a real band, making real music; interesting and different music, using real instruments.

Not bad, not bad at all. Probably a good live band, too. Probably a nice night out, for something different.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Guitar pop.

Old white guys still stuck on "guitar pop".

[facepalm] jeeeezus [/facepalm]
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Martyred wrote:Guitar pop.

Old white guys still stuck on "guitar pop".

[facepalm] jeeeezus [/facepalm]
Who? You can't be talking about me. I don't even listen to "pop" anything.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:B, the fourth one you were trying to link obviously didn't come up.

The first two, it's weird, they sound like they almost want to be an Irish folk band, and I love Irish folk music. They just miss, veering off into a more alternative bent, which is where they lose a little bit of their power, at least for me. The singer still annoys, too, with his cloying over-annunciation. He just employs too much obvious affectation, for me.

That third one though, that was cool. Who was the witchy sounding chick singing in that one? If that's also the same dude, that's very good. He's got a little of that chameleon thing then, like the guy from Faith No More.

Overall, I simply like the fact that they're a real band, making real music; interesting and different music, using real instruments.

Not bad, not bad at all. Probably a good live band, too. Probably a nice night out, for something different.
Her name is Shara Worden. She usually fronts My Brightest Diamond.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Probably my favorite Decemberists song (ignore the stupid homemade video...)

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lead singer has Carl Mouth.

Aside from that, it is rather odd music, but it grows on you. I do like all the instruments and the arrangements.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
Anyone who would drop $100 to $200 on a ticket to a music event when they can get the CD for $10 is fucked up.

Sin,
Screwball
Glad to see I own space in your dome. Thanks for pulling that silver spoon out of your ass with a take that made absolutely no sense at all.

I'd never pay $100 to see anybody.
Holy shit! This tard drops space in your dome smack on me! Ouchies!

It was a joke, tard. See below.
Screw_Michigan wrote:If you actually debate spending $150 to get your whore's sled detailed instead of doing it yourself, you are a fucking Grade A piece of shit.
Do you ever get tired of being a soccer ball?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Probably my favorite Decemberists song (ignore the stupid homemade video...)

That one took a long time to grow on me. But I'm down now.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown