PSU...WTF?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

JayDuck
Quack Whore

PSU...WTF?

Post by JayDuck »

Maybe this has already been talked about in here as I haven't been around much this offseason, but what the fuck is up with this schedule?

Sat, Sep 5 Akron
Sat, Sep 12 Syracuse
Sat, Sep 19 Temple
Sat, Sep 26 (20) Iowa
Sat, Oct 3 at Illinois
Sat, Oct 10 Eastern Illinois
Sat, Oct 17 Minnesota
Sat, Oct 24 at Michigan
Sat, Oct 31 at Northwestern
Sat, Nov 7 (9) Ohio State
Sat, Nov 14 Indiana
Sat, Nov 21 at (24) Michigan State

8 home games?
Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Eastern Illinois as the non-conference games?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Re: PSU...WTF?

Post by Killian »

Penn State has done this for years. It has likely cost JoePa a MNC or 2.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jsc810 wrote: Sure wins:
Akron
Syracuse
Temple
Iowa
Illinois
Eastern Illinois
Minnesota
Northwestern
Indiana
With all that PSU lost from last year's squad there are some teams that don't exactly belong on that list. @ Illinois, @ N'Western, Minnesota & Iowa will not be gimmes. Sorry in advance if you were trying to bait Jon.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Iowa = 6-1 vs Penn State in last 7 games and 4-1 in last 5 at Happy Valley. Iowa beat State Penn last year when they were a more experienced team. This year Iowa is the more experienced team.

Personally, I would predict Penn State to win the game. But I think PSUFAN would agree with me in saying that game is hardly a gimme for them.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sat, Sep 5 Akron
Sat, Sep 12 Syracuse
Sat, Sep 19 Temple
Sat, Sep 26 (20) Iowa
Sat, Oct 3 at Illinois
Sat, Oct 10 Eastern Illinois
Sat, Oct 17 Minnesota
Sat, Oct 24 at Michigan
Sat, Oct 31 at Northwestern
Sat, Nov 7 (9) Ohio State
Sat, Nov 14 Indiana
Sat, Nov 21 at (24) Michigan State

8 home games?
Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Eastern Illinois as the non-conference games?
That's a wonderfully competitive schedule.

Yay, college football! Yay!
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Killian

Post by Killian »

If you did more of this:
TheJON wrote:Iowa = 6-1 vs Penn State in last 7 games and 4-1 in last 5 at Happy Valley. Iowa beat State Penn last year when they were a more experienced team. This year Iowa is the more experienced team.

Personally, I would predict Penn State to win the game. But I think PSUFAN would agree with me in saying that game is hardly a gimme for them.
And less of this:
TheJON wrote:Uhh, no. Not even close. The tailgating at the Truman Sports Complex is as good or better than ANY sporting event. Even the tailgating for Royals games is great. The parking lot is absolutely perfect for tailgating.
No one would give you shit.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Can't I just occasionally be a jackass????
Killian

Post by Killian »

The key word is occasionally.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:The key word is occasionally.
Define "occasionally"?? I try to keep it at 25% a-hole, 75% not a-hole. Is 25% considered "occasionally"??
Killian

Post by Killian »

You're usually about at the 90% "Definite" and 10% "it could happen". You leave yourself little lee-way.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

jon is one of the best posters on this board.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:You're usually about at the 90% "Definite" and 10% "it could happen". You leave yourself little lee-way.
Sorry but I'm not a flip flopper. I stand behind my statements. What do I need lee-way for? Lee-way is for flip floppers. I can't stand tards that won't make a fucking prediction or are too pussy to make a bold statement. "Uhh yeah, I think Miami could win this game, but I also think Florida could win too if the breaks go their way". Fuck that shit.......make a prediction you fucking pussy!!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

M Club wrote:jon is one of the best posters on this board.
Dude, I'm not jerking you off.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

if only TRIX would come back...the bluem2toolio v TRIX battles would be EPOCH...
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:
Killian wrote:You're usually about at the 90% "Definite" and 10% "it could happen". You leave yourself little lee-way.
Sorry but I'm not a flip flopper. I stand behind my statements. What do I need lee-way for? Lee-way is for flip floppers. I can't stand tards that won't make a fucking prediction or are too pussy to make a bold statement. "Uhh yeah, I think Miami could win this game, but I also think Florida could win too if the breaks go their way". Fuck that shit.......make a prediction you fucking pussy!!
You can't see the forrest, despite the trees.

You can make predicitions and not be a flip flopper all you want. It's the way you do it. You can say "I don't think Nick Saban will coach Alabama" and you're fine. It's when you say "There is NO WAY Nick Saban will ever coach Alabam, and Sam, you're an idiot if you think he will."
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

"There is NO WAY Nick Saban will ever coach Alabam, and Sam, you're an idiot if you think he will."
You people here need to drink more when you read these boards. You've got way too good of a memory!!! :D
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm no fan of the cupcake slate that our AD has lined up.

This is a constant topic of debate on the PSU homer board I frequent. Many fans are used to defending everything the program does without question. They will craft the most bizarre arguments in order to justify the schedule...or anything else (remember the ban on "negative cheering"?).

Myself, I've been saying the same thing for years...we should play our 8 conference games, play 2 cupcakes, resume our natural home-and-home rivalry (Pitt), and schedule a BCS-quality opponent for a home and home. That gets us 7 home games a year, and maintains the competitive spirit.

The day is going to come...possibly this year...that we'll get through the season undefeated, and a one-loss Florida or USC will hop us in the BCS. It's probably going to take that before the fan base understands that the AD has forgotten to display even the pretense of scheduling for championships.

Money is the primary consideration for scheduling...and the also-rans are not at all close by. This approach tends to file our teeth down.

I think it happened this past year...we had a bye, during which the 4 letter networks were full of speculation that we'd get hopped. I think the team had too much time to engage with this rhetoric and lost focus coming in to the Iowa game - not to say that the Hawkeyes didn't earn the victory, of course - that they did.

Count me in as a football fan, not a spreadsheet fan.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote:
M Club wrote:jon is one of the best posters on this board.
Dude, I'm not jerking you off.
that's ok. i'll just sit on my hand and pretend it's someone else.