10 year HS reunion

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

10 year HS reunion

Post by TheJON »

You homos got any 10 year HS reunion stories?

Got mine coming up this weekend. Pretty fucking excited for it. Getting shitfaced with people you haven't seen in 10 years = awesome!

So let's hear some stories............
XXXL
Rainmaker

Re: 10 year HS reunion

Post by XXXL »

Rock n' Roll
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jon

Nobody in HS liked you.

I'd suggest taking a pass this time around and waiting for the 20 year re-union.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

The ten year is where you compare alcohol tolerance levels. The 20 year is where you talk about what location has the most tolerable AA meetings.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

The 10 year was the worst. All about showin off how you became more successful than your HS buddies, the still single women will be prowling, some geeks and players will have changed roles, etc. etc. etc....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Trampis wrote:The 20 year is where you talk about what location has the most tolerable AA meetings.
Nope, that's the 15 year.

The 30 year?

That's when you've got it all figured out.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

War Wagon wrote:Jon

Nobody in HS liked you.

I'd suggest taking a pass this time around and waiting for the 20 year re-union.
I kinda sorta have to go since I'm kinda sorta one of the people organizing it. Have spent countless hours trying to help track down about 500 classmates. The hardest to find ones were the 5 or 6 dead ones. Even harder to find are the married females because their last name changed.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

88 wrote:I don't go to class reunions. I figure if I really wanted to see those peeps, I already would have done it by now.
Eh, you lose touch with people. I've been talking to quite a few friends I haven't even spoken to since HS or in quite a few years because of this reunion. It's good to hear from them again. People move all over the country and you lose contact but I'm excited to see what everyone is up to these days.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

10 year: One thing I noticed was the number of vehicles with IN-Transit tags on them. Shoulda told me out front it was going to be a brag and boast fest. Couldn't believe how much weight HALF the class had put on. Overall....good times.

20 year: (yea I'm 39 FU) Much more humble and definately less drinking. Lots of laughs. Lots of divorces. Lots of women women feeling either nostalgic or vulnerable :wink:
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Couldn't believe how much weight HALF the class had put on.
Yeah, I've seen photos on Facebook. Some of the skinny chicks in HS are now porkers. Also, some of the fat chicks in HS have lost weight by the looks of their photos.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

TheJON wrote:
Yeah, I've seen photos on Facebook. Some of the skinny chicks in HS are now porkers. Also, some of the fat chicks in HS have lost weight by the looks of their photos.

Beware the HS fat chicks who show up to a reunion looking cute and weighing 120 lbs. after having a kid or two or three. They either work out 6 days a week or had their gut stapled/bypassed. That slapping sound you hear as you lead her to the dance floor is excess skin smacking the tops of her thighs. You take that shit home and you'll need a couple years PTSD therapy. Unless your idea of foreplay entails rolling up a floppy gunt onto a stick and playing peek-a-boo with a mangled carp, I don't advise it.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

H4ever wrote:
TheJON wrote:

Beware the HS fat chicks who show up to a reunion looking cute and weighing 120 lbs. after having a kid or two or three. They either work out 6 days a week or had their gut stapled/bypassed. That slapping sound you hear as you lead her to the dance floor is excess skin smacking the tops of her thighs. You take that shit home and you'll need a couple years PTSD therapy. Unless your idea of foreplay entails rolling up a floppy gunt onto a stick and playing peek-a-boo with a mangled carp, I don't advise it.
Whew, good thing I'm married so I won't have to worry about any of that! Yeah, I'm thinking if I were single I most likely would end up going home with some skank I never even would have nailed back in HS just for shits and giggles........and because I'll be insanely intoxicated!

Unless your idea of foreplay entails rolling up a floppy gunt onto a stick and playing peek-a-boo with a mangled carp, I don't advise it.
Uh, no. No. Definitely not.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Tried to go to my 10 yr reunion but it was an abortion... of flight. I rented a Piper Archer II from the Montgomery flight club. I remember when I was IFR level @ 8,000 ft over the Oceanside VORTAC, I smelled very strong fuel fumes and opened the little window and held my fingers slightly out to get fresh air in to breathe. I declared an emergency and LA Center sent me direct Mongomery over NAS Miramar to land on the funky short runway where firetrucks were lined up.

I was mostly scared to key the mic, but only made like one extra to Approach then one to Tower. When I arrived at the ramp a couple FAA FSDO geeks were all over that plane and the annoying Joe Pesci guy that kept calling me "Sports Fans." :meds: I'm surprised he didn't pull out a lighter as he was inspecting the aircraft. What a total tool that idiot was.

Anyway, missed my 10 yr. Boo hoo. I heard it was cool though and nobody was trying to show off from what I've heard.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:
Trampis wrote:The 20 year is where you talk about what location has the most tolerable AA meetings.
Nope, that's the 15 year.

The 30 year?

That's when you've got it all figured out.

...Nope

sin.

50 yr. in August... :bode:
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This year is my 10th year out of high school but I haven't gotten any word in the mail or from the friends I keep tabs with about a reunion. With Facebook and sites like that, you can 'reunite' with some people you haven't spoke to for a while or you can at least read up on what they're up to. An actual reunion would be kinda cool but I have no clue who would've been in charge of organizing it and whether or not other recent classes from my high school actually did reunions. 20 or 25 would be probably a little more interesting because by then most would be very much established in whatever they're doing and would be married or would have some good divorce stories.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote: Have spent countless hours trying to help track down about 500 classmates. The hardest to find ones were the 5 or 6 dead ones. Even harder to find are the married females because their last name changed.
Life is a bit of a challenge for you ...

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

H4ever wrote:Beware the HS fat chicks who show up to a reunion looking cute and weighing 120 lbs. after having a kid or two or three. They either work out 6 days a week or had their gut stapled/bypassed. That slapping sound you hear as you lead her to the dance floor is excess skin smacking the tops of her thighs. You take that shit home and you'll need a couple years PTSD therapy. Unless your idea of foreplay entails rolling up a floppy gunt onto a stick and playing peek-a-boo with a mangled carp, I don't advise it.
Valuable advice.

RACK!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I'm with 88. When I graduated from HS, I left CNY for college and the rest of my life. I have contacted a couple of old buddies via the net just because I could--but have no need to meet anyone again. My 50th was two years ago. They didn't even post photos on a web site-- talk about stuck in the past.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Ha! Got my 30th invite sitting here on my desk. I have already seen most of the folks on Facebook. Should be a great time!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

88 wrote:I don't go to class reunions. I figure if I really wanted to see those peeps, I already would have done it by now.
Rack.

I haven't talked to anyone from high school in 5 years at least. Just skipped my 15 year reunion 2 weeks ago.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Atomic Punk wrote: I rented a Piper Archer II
Did not learn much in flight training did you??..try flying an aircraft NOT built by a company with the most AD's out there. Piper should have never built anything besides the Cub, Super Cub and maybe the Tri Pacer.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Sudden Sam wrote:Jon,

I skipped my 10th and 20th reunions. Finally broke down and went to my 30th. Made me feel great. All the rich, popular, cute chicks were fat hogs. All the bigshot SOBs were fat drunks. I had the best-looking woman there.

If I'd wanted to stay in touch with those folks, I would have. Saw two or three people that mattered.

Basically, if you're happy now, you're one up on most of your classmates.
Just went to the wife's 30th last week end. What a fuckin blast that was :meds: :meds: :meds: :meds:

Did not know a person other than her there, nor did I care. She gave me the scoop on all of them, again I did not give a shit.

One dude is elbows on the bar as we walked in drunk off his ass at 6:30 pm. I started rolling dice with the bartender and took him for $ 15 before dinner. So -so prime rib dinner, but cheap drinks. ( Elks Lodge) I found one other dude who was a spouse and he was a pilot also, and had muscle cars, so at least I had some one to talk to. I then proceeded to clean the Exhalted Ruler and Loyal Knight of the lodge for $ 170 in blackjack. They must have been trolling, or maybe it is just all the free booze you can drink that they get.

Not to be a total prick, I left $ 100 of it in the Veterans Fund jar and kept the rest. Watched all the people for a bit, got some hugs from some of the wife's friends, some hot, some not. All in all, I would have like to done something else.

The sobriety check point the night before was a downer...got through just fine but fuck the California Nazi police.

My opinion is the same as Sams....if I want to see you, I can find you or I am still in contact with you. If not, then you don't matter.
Derron
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Got my 25th reunion coming up next weekend. I'll go, but only because the festivities are being held within walking distance of my house. It will be interesting to see if the former village manager, who just got run from his job for embezzlement, will show his face. I'm also looking forward to chatting up a couple of HS buddies I haven't seen in a while. The rest I could care less about.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I skipped the 20th last summer...maybe the 30th, but probably not.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I went to my 10 year and it sucked ass as expected. I'm never going to a reunion again.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Me and my HS buddy went to the tenth, and got 86'ed before it was over...

pretty typical Dinsdalian shit.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Skipped it because I was given freebies to De La Hoya-Moseley II in Vegas. A no-brainer.
Bill Lumbergh
Jake

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

Dinsdale wrote:Me and my butt buddy went to the tenth, and got 69'ed before it was over...

pretty typical Dinsdalian shit.
:shock:
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Jsc810 wrote:The night of my 10 year reunion, I got laid by one of the women from the 20 year reunion. :D

The night of my 20 year reunion, I was hoping to get laid by one of the women from the 10 year reunion. That didn't happen, oh well you win some and you lose some.
Probably the first and last time you had sex , no doubt. Hooked up with the biggest slut in class, you fucked her flopping gash in 3 seconds and then proclaimed yourself a cockmaster.

I call bullshit.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Atomic Punk wrote: it was an abortion... of flight.
I was planning to get some time on the 172 going down there, but the fuckin weather forecast back home was well under VFR for the return Sunday at the home airport. So I ended up driving instead. 7.5 hours versus the 1 hour 40 minutes it would have took.

That was the only reason I was looking forward to the trip. I was going to offer the wifes old bf and a couple of others a ride and see if I could get them grabbing the dash a couple of times. Not to happen.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNK9DiP1oV8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sNK9DiP1oV8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Derron
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Derron wrote:The sobriety check point the night before was a downer...got through just fine but fuck the California Nazi police.
Sobriety checkpoints are a favorite of nanny-state Republicans. Tell me you knew.
How about not driving drunk? Public transit too good for you? Take a fuckin' taxi. Short of that the cops are doing you a favor keeping you from going TTB on the nearest tree.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

27 years this past June for me. Didn't go to my 10th, 20th, 25th, or plan on going to the next one they have that I don't know about. Like 88 said, if I wanted to keep in touch with anyone or they wanted to keep in touch with me going to a reunion would be the last thing I did because I already keep in touch with them. Now unless someone wants to offer me a job with twice the pay and half the work fuck it, I aint goin.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

socal wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Derron wrote:The sobriety check point the night before was a downer...got through just fine but fuck the California Nazi police.
Sobriety checkpoints are a favorite of nanny-state Republicans. Tell me you knew.
How about not driving drunk? Public transit too good for you? Take a fuckin' taxi. Short of that the cops are doing you a favor keeping you from going TTB on the nearest tree.
I myself have no problem with sobriety checkpoints. I have a CDL, so I have a .02 BAC legal level. That puts both my CDL and pilots license in jeopardy after about 1 beer or cocktail. I need the CDL to make a living, and I love to fly, so I am not risking either one for a couple of extra pops.

The area we were in has a rep for lots of drunk driving and fatal accidents. Good call on their part.

Nanny state Republicans ? Bwwaahhaaa....seems like its the libs who want the government involved in everything. Of course I was in CA, so you can blame it all on Arnold and not the cunts known as Finestein and Boxer.
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Laxplayer wrote:27 years this past June for me. Didn't go to my 10th, 20th, 25th, or plan on going to the next one they have that I don't know about. Like 88 said, if I wanted to keep in touch with anyone or they wanted to keep in touch with me going to a reunion would be the last thing I did because I already keep in touch with them. Now unless someone wants to offer me a job with twice the pay and half the work fuck it, I aint goin.
Now there is the attitude. All these other jerk offs are going to troll for a stray piece of ass..you know the 17 year old that knobbed them in the car after a football game...so they can stare at her now 200 pound ass and remember when she had her lips wrapped around their dick pulling on it like a piece of string cheese.

Try and get that image out of your head any time soon. Sounds like it was a great time. Can't wait 10 years for the next one. Fuck that noise.
Derron
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I never drink and drive. Ever heard of the 4th Amendment, you shit-eating fucktard?
Liar.

Ever hear of common sense? Lotsa people don't have it when it comes to being inebriated. You fail to use it even when sober, fucksimp.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Went to the 5 yr and haven't been to one since.

Missed the 35 last year. I keep saying I'll go to one but never end up doing it. Who cares - I had a strong dislike for about 90% of those assholes anyway.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I have 3 reunions to go to this summer. I transferred HS's after my FR year and so I'm going to both and then I have to go to my wife's reunion down in Texas.

I'm not in any way excited to go to my wife's reunion. Only know a few of the classmates real well. Will just sit there and listen to everyone talking about memories I had no part of. And odds are I will never meet most of these people again. She still keeps in contact with a lot of her friends from HS but they all live so far away so I hardly know many of them very well.

As for the HS I started at, I'm kinda excited for it. It's at a winery. 40 bucks for the event. No bar even set up, which is kinda lame. Nobody made it big so far in this class, so I'm not as excited to see everyone as I am from the HS I graduated at. But still, I grew up with these kids. Went to preschool, elementary school, etc with most of them so it will be fun.

But the HS I graduated at is what I'm really excited for. Bigger school. Approximately 500 in our class. Had quite a few make it in professional sports or big in college football. Lot's of doctors and lawyers. Not surprising considering we're the best athletic school in the state by far and we were considered the rich stuck up kids. Everyone hated us around the area, but we loved it. It was pure jealousy. They couldn't beat us so they talked shit. Fuck them! We are trying to get Shawn Johnson (she currently goes to our old HS) to speak at our reunion along with her Dancing With the Stars crew since they'll all be in town for some event. Steve-O is actually a good possibility from what I have been told. Shawn's family lives just a few blocks away so I'm going to see if I can pull some strings. I don't personally give a shit about some gymnast but a lot of people here do. It is kinda cool to have an Olympic Gold medalist attend your old HS though.

I see that a lot of you don't like your HS reunions. I feel differently. I'm excited to see some people I haven't seen in many years. Just because I haven't seen someone in 10 years doesn't mean I'm not interested to see what you're up to. People move all over the country and so you lose touch. I had 500 people in my class, so it's virtually impossible to keep up with everyone. Oh sure, there's douchebags I could give a flying fuck what they've become but I'll probably just ignore them anyways. The Goth faggots and the coke addicts never liked me much in HS anyways. Besides, the event costs $50 per person so the bums couldn't even afford to go if they wanted. I'm also very curious to see how different people are. How many of the hotties are still hotties? How many of the nerds are still nerds? Etc.... And since we've started planning the reunion it's been good to hear from people I haven't spoken to since HS or in many years. There have been a handful of old friends I've gotten back in contact with that I wish I never lost touch with.

You people are fun haters. These are people you grew up with and you have no interest in seeing how their lives are going as you get older? I don't understand that. Once every 10 years you get to relive old memories and you want no part of that? Wow.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

TheJON wrote: These are people you grew up with and you have no interest in seeing how their lives are going as you get older? I don't understand that. Once every 10 years you get to relive old memories and you want no part of that? Wow.
These are people who you went to high school with, not people who you grew up with, unless you did the whole 12 years in one hood.

The people who you grew up with are the people who you have aged with. I live in the same town as where I went to high school. I still have contact with a lot of people, but most of them I do not.

The lives I really care about are my families and our extended circle. Some of those include friends from high school, but there are way more people I have met and had friendships with well after high school. Therefore, hanging with them is no BFD.

Get to your 50's and the only thing that would make a reunion fun is a Death Pool. Who makes the next one ?
Derron