Revisited: Dream Syndicate, Days of Wine and Roses

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Revisited: Dream Syndicate, Days of Wine and Roses

Post by King Crimson »

pretty great record from inna day. more than a couple great cuts and some others with Foggy Notion/What Goes On type jamming.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Revisited: Dream Syndicate, Days of Wine and Roses

Post by PSUFAN »

Now you're talkin'. Did you ever get into the Three O'Clock?

The Paisley Underground thing was pretty much my intro to "underground" music.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i didn't listen to the 3 0'Clock that much, but I had a buddy who did. for me, it was Rain Parade, Dream Syndicate, Syd Griffin and the Long Ryders, Green on Red. Does X count? I saw a Steve Wynn show at the Fox in Boulder about 12-15 years ago....it was pretty cool. he was writing pop songs mostly in the Westerberg vein I thought at the time. but he tore it up a couple times for Syndicate fans.

so, i looked at the paisley underground wiki page, i guess i'd have to include Game Theory and the Chesterfield Kings (according to wiki), but i never associated them with the PU moniker. X does not count, according to wiki.

there's a guy who owns small book shop in Boulder, the Beat Book Shop, who grew up in that "scene" in LA. sounded like a pretty good time.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Not meaning to change topic (though I will, anyway), but I think I prefer the album 'Antique Wine and Roses' by Dogtown Balladeers. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM31P40o3-Q

Please, as you were. Carry on with your discussion of the Dream Syndicate.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i guess Rochester=LA for the wiki author as i note above.
embed disabled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf9LDrnWDDA

Last edited by King Crimson on Sat May 30, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

title cut from a great LP:

"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

well, fuck me Rochester=LA.

Martha Quinn 1, King Crimson 0

http://scorgies.com/blog/?p=1205

to me, Nina Blackwood was way hotter.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat May 30, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Great clips, thanks for posting them
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

listen to the Dream Syndicate 86 show here:

http://plotbox.blogspot.com/2008/11/dre ... icate.html
"