Trolls radio

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Trolls radio

Post by RadioFan »

[Andy Assmunch] On this epic day, in the Jungle -- the Smackoff -- I formally invite everyone here to listen to Trolls radio, starting this evening. [/Andy Assmunch]

http://www.thetrolls.net/radio/

As some of you all know, I had been doing radio shows on StuckNut Radio every Friday night for more than a year now. To make a very long story short, several of us DJs on StuckNut Radio had our access pulled, so Russ in Sactown set up a radio site for the rest of us who aren't cool enough to be "nutters" ('full' members of that site -- yeah I know, gay as fuck, but that's how they roll over there).

At any rate, I'll be playing hard rock, alternative and some pop, 9-Midnight, tonight.

You'll have to have Winamp, iTunes or Quicktime to listen. (Click on "Troll™ Radio - Listen Live - Choose your audio stream," at the top of the page, starting at 9 p.m. CT time, tonight)

If you are registered at .net, there's a chat room there, and I take requests. If I have it among my 6,700 songs or so, I'll play it.

Btw, if anybody is interested in doing their own regular radio show, let me know in here, or let Russ know over at his board.

Mike in Tulsa/RadioFan
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Re: Trolls radio

Post by RadioFan »

Papa Willie wrote:I dunno, man - those guys sort of seem like us about 7-8 years ago - a little too much into the "Rome" thing.
Yeah, some of those morons seem to think they are "old-school" because they are "nutters" and have been around for like a whole 2-3 years.

It's pathetic.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Katy

Post by Katy »

IN! On Thursdays doing a show with Red Rover. :D
Mongo
Crack Whore

Post by Mongo »

I will be bringing "Mongos Wayback Machine" to trolls radio... Where it is appreciated. Time and dates TBA... :bode:
Katy

Post by Katy »

Mongo wrote:I will be bringing "Mongos Wayback Machine" to trolls radio... Where it is appreciated. Time and dates TBA... :bode:

RACK it.

I think my first show will have at least the first hour dedicated to Van and his musical tastes. :D :D
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Katy, umm, good luck with that...

:lol:

Lessee here, what would be on your potential playlist, if you were trying to dial it up for me. Looking at what's in my player at the moment...

Guthrie Govan: Erotic Cakes

Allan Holdsworth: The Sixteen Men Of Tain

Al DiMeola: Tour De Force Live

Robert Cray: Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Daniel Castro: Live At The Saloon

Linda Perry: In Flight

...and considering what those replaced...

Midori: Paganini: 24 Caprices for Solo Violin, Op.1

John Scofield: EnRoute: John Scofield Trio Live At The Blue Note

Larry Carlton: Sapphire Blue

Jeff Beck: Blow By Blow

SRV: Live At The El Mocambo

Various Artists: Celtic folk music

...and what I have lined up to rotate in next...

Joe Bonamassa: Blues Deluxe

Monte Montgomery: Various live bootleg cuts

Joe Satriani: Super Colossal

Rod Stewart: Every Picture Tells A Story

Derek & The Dominoes: In Concert

Lee Ritenour: Wes Bound

...I'm thinking your task might prove to be a bit of a bitch, but hey, by all means, knock yourself out.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Katy wrote:
Mongo wrote:I will be bringing "Mongos Wayback Machine" to trolls radio... Where it is appreciated. Time and dates TBA... :bode:

RACK it.

I think my first show will have at least the first hour dedicated to Van and his musical tastes. :D :D
When's your debut? More specificly, hour two of your debut?
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Katy wrote:IN! On Thursdays doing a show with Red Rover. :D
Screw the music. We can listen to music any time we want. You guys need to do it in talk format, do the entire show just smacking people. I'll tune in for that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Good call, Mgo.

Anyone who knows anything about marketing knows that two things sell.

- sex
- conflict

Last I checked, cleavage and leg doesn't come through well on the 'dio.

If you want to stir some shit up, smack some board peeps around a little bit.
Guarnateed to boost ratings for the next time around.

Guaranteed to make people give a flying fuck.

But then again, maybe I'm the only one who currently doesn't.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Screw the music. We can listen to music any time we want. You guys need to do it in talk format, do the entire show just smacking people. I'll tune in for that.
I'd have to agree, especially since just two of my types of songs might easily use up Katy's entire first hour.

Even if it was all Smack I can't say I'd necessarily tune in, but I'd certainly be more likely to.

How does this work, anyway? RF is in Oklahoma and Katy's in Kentucky. Presumably, Katy doesn't have a studio filled with radio-spot-ready music cartridges, or however it's done these days. She doesn't have a control board, or an engineer, or any of the other things I'd imagine go into doing a radio show. So, how does this happen, in terms of the nuts and bolts of producing the show?

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Van wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
I'd have to agree, especially since just two of my types of songs might easily use up Katy's entire first hour.

Even if it was all Smack I can't say I'd necessarily tune in, but I'd certainly be more likely to.

How does this work, anyway? RF is in Oklahoma and Katy's in Kentucky. Presumably, Katy doesn't have a studio filled with radio-spot-ready music cartridges, or however it's done these days. She doesn't have a control board, or an engineer, or any of the other things I'd imagine go into doing a radio show. So, how does this happen, in terms of the nuts and bolts of producing the show?
Skype.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

No idea what Skype is. I'm not radio fluent.

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:No idea what Skype is. I'm not radio fluent.
http://www.skype.com

It's a chat/voice/video/file sharing program. You can use it to take calls during an Internet radio show. In addition, you can also use it to send and receive mp3s and other files, giving the DJ the ability to play requested music that someone sends on the spot.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

All that would explain why I've never heard of it.

:oops:

Katy

Post by Katy »

MGO & Poptart,

If you want a show like that, have one on trolls radio. The smack angle would be awesome and you two would be perfect for doing something like that.

I know I'd listen to either or both of you.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Diogenes wrote:
Katy wrote:

RACK it.

When's your debut? More specificly, hour two of your debut?
This Thursday at 11 PM Est. Our show will be a lot of 80's & 90's music. There will be a lot of metal, too. We're going to discuss current events/politics and take calls on skype.

The first show will be rough just because we'll be learning as we go. She's in MO and I'm in KY.... We'll be broadcasting using skype and winamp.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Katy wrote:I'm in KY...
No comment. Just wanted to highlight that for the archives.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:

And why shouldn't she be?? Easy ingress. We like her that way.

RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote: ingress.
Rack.

Btw, Van, Skype is a killah program. The only downside is that it uses up a shitload of cpu.

Katy and RR should be able to use it to host their show and also to take calls.

pop, get out your time-zone calculator and tune in. I'm on @ 9 p.m. CT. I usally mix up the tunes with a bit of yakking and clips from movies and other sources.
Katy

Post by Katy »

RF, I didn't know you were still up. :D

Anyway, a couple of us called a St. Louis radio show a month or so ago. We got them to RACK the TROLLS, too.

We made recordings of these shows. Hey, RF, if you have those--maybe you can post a link to them here. Some of that shit was hilarious.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

socal wrote:
Katy wrote:I'm in KY...
No comment. Just wanted to highlight that for the archives.
Rack :D