1949 - A special year for Oklahoma football

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

1949 - A special year for Oklahoma football

Post by Vito Corleone »

That was the last year a QB from Oklahoma completed a pass in the NFL.
(Incidentally, critics crack on Vince Young and Chris Simms, but OU hasn't had a quarterback complete an NFL pass — excepting one-year Sooner and UCLA ex Troy Aikman — since Indian Jack Jacobs completed three for the Packers in 1949.)
Good article about the Horns but that little quote knocked it out of the park.

http://www.statesman.com/sport/content/ ... bohls.html
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: 1949 - A special year for Oklahoma football

Post by Van »

Is that true??? 1949??

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Incidentally, wasn't that also the last time Georgia left their own area code to play an OOC game?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Huh. Coincidentally, OU has won seven national titles in that time period.

Man, how terrible.
Consider the source. Vito got an A+ in Ankle Biting 101 at t.u. Never mind the fact that during the vast majority of that timeframe, OU ran the wishbone.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Papa Willie wrote:No - they did that this past season when they went to ASU and kicked the fucking shit out of them. :P
They'll also be in Stillwater on Sept. 5 to kick the fucking shit out of Okie State.

Actually, that could be a fairly entertaining game.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Huh. Coincidentally, OU has won seven national titles in that time period.

Man, how terrible.
Consider the source. Vito got an A+ in Ankle Biting 101 at t.u. Never mind the fact that during the vast majority of that timeframe, OU ran the wishbone.
And that OU, in the 20 years since we've run the wishbone, has had two QBs win the Heisman and one finish as a runner-up.
And with all the QB talent still not a competition since before people even heard of rock and roll.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Man, how terrible.
Seven asterisks. They must have been sobbing as they raised the trophies. Without an NFL completion since '49, all is for naught.

Surely Miami of Ohio is the finest CFB team in the land, because one of their QBs has completed a few passes in the NFL.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Vito Corleone wrote:And with all the QB talent still not a competition since before people even heard of rock and roll.
Big fucking typo there. I've seen bigger though....typos that is.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

BTH, as an outsider to this party, how long may we expect to be able to enjoy Asterisk Smack from OU Fan?

'Cause I'm lovin' it.

:D

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:We're still bitching about a bad call in the 1984 OU-Texas game, so we'll probably get a good 5-10 years out of this one.
Wait 'til you've spent some time in Tuscaloosa. That '66 title going to Notre Dame still gets the blood boiling.

:D
was it this obvious? the player in question, #19 Keith Stanberry, is ruled OOB on this play (would be game ending interception) by a SWC official. UT kicked a FG on the next play for a 15-15 tie to end the game.

we've also got the multiple uncalled clips on Johnny Rodgers punt return in the Game of the Century....heh. If OU wins that game all those off-season "Greatest Team of All Time" lists have 1971 OU and not 1971 Nebraska. :waz: :D
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:That was the last year a QB from Oklahoma completed a pass in the NFL.
(Incidentally, critics crack on Vince Young and Chris Simms, but OU hasn't had a quarterback complete an NFL pass — excepting one-year Sooner and UCLA ex Troy Aikman — since Indian Jack Jacobs completed three for the Packers in 1949.)

yep Oklahoma is just inferior in every way to Tejass. :meds:

Oklahoma only ran the Split T, Wishbone, and I form option for over 50 years. Ignore the fact that 7 former OU QBs played in the NFL after college just at different positions than QB; especially as RBs and in defensive secondaries. Texass' NFL talent is superior to what Oklahoma has produced is exactly the reason former Oklahoma football players have appeared in the Pro Bowl 8 times in the last two years and Tejass zero.

Tejass is just superior to OU... that's why Oklahoma has produced more Rhodes Scholars both in total and per capita than UTerus. That would be why Oklahoma has more national merit scholars both in total and per capita than The University of North Mexico in Austin. That's why the vaunted UT law program is named after an University of Oklahoma Law School Grad and the the reference materials they use for mineral rights law are written by OU grads and faculty.

Tejass is just superior to OU in every fashion. :lol:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:That was the last year a QB from Oklahoma completed a pass in the NFL.

yep Oklahoma is just inferior in every way to Tejass. :meds:

Oklahoma only ran the Split T, Wishbone, and I form option for over 50 years. Ignore the fact that 7 former OU QBs played in the NFL after college just at different positions than QB; especially as RBs and in defensive secondaries. Texass' NFL talent is superior to what Oklahoma has produced is exactly the reason former Oklahoma football players have appeared in the Pro Bowl 8 times in the last two years and Tejass zero.

Tejass is just superior to OU... that's why Oklahoma has produced more Rhodes Scholars both in total and per capita than UTerus. That would be why Oklahoma has more national merit scholars both in total and per capita than The University of North Mexico in Austin. That's why the vaunted UT law program is named after an University of Oklahoma Law School Grad and the the reference materials they use for mineral rights law are written by OU grads and faculty.

Tejass is just superior to OU in every fashion. :lol:
You know I really hate that fat bastard Geoff Ketchum, but he did put together an article about how shitty blOwU players have been in the NFL, should I post it here for you and the rest of the gooner faithful to see?

And should i bring back all the data that shows that a Texas education is far superior to anything had in the rest of the Big 12? I got that info also.

BlOwU is a legend in their own warped little minds.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:You know I really hate that fat bastard Geoff Ketchum, but he did put together an article about how shitty blOwU players have been in the NFL, should I post it here for you and the rest of the gooner faithful to see?

And should i bring back all the data that shows that a Texas education is far superior to anything had in the rest of the Big 12? I got that info also.

BlOwU is a legend in their own warped little minds.
Go ahead and bring your little ketchum article article about OU busts... 8 pro bowlers in 2 years > zero pro bowlers in 2 years. 22 pro bowlers this deacde > 4 Pro Bowlers this decade.

Most successful coach in UT football history and the Stadium is named after him = and Okie who was University of Oklahoma Alumni.

Most successful coach in Tejass basketball history = an Okie.

Law School = named after... wait... hold on for it... another Okie. :lol: Okies are so inferior. :hfal:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I had a good laugh about that article, especially when compared to what Miami has put on the field. If you look closely you will see the words "NFL was not factored" thus the whole article is null and void to the original topic. The original topic is NO SOONER HAS COMPLETED A PASS IN THE NFL SINCE 1949.

Here is the article by Ketch showing just how shitty Oklahoma football has been in the NFL

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=938753 College football
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=938175 Big 12

The articles contain tables that were really hard to bring over without html interface so just go over and read

Here are some highlights

Percentage of All-Pro/Pro Bowl players

The Longhorns edged out Oklahoma 6-4 in total number of elite players produced in the early rounds, but their 40 percent hit percentage (six of 15) is exactly twice that of the Sooners, who connected on four of 20.

Total number of players drafted from 2000-06

1. Nebraska (31)
2. Oklahoma (30)
3T) Kansas State (25)
3T) Texas A&M (25)
5. Texas (23)
6. Colorado (19)

The bottom half of the Big 12 looks like this:

Total number of players drafted from 2000-06

7. Texas Tech (12)
8. Oklahoma State (10)
9. Missouri (9)
10. Iowa State (8)
11. Kansas (5)
12. Baylor (4)

So, let's breakdown each of the categories:

Percentage of All-Pro/Pro Bowl players

The Longhorns are a runaway winner in this category with 30.4 percent of all players (seven of 23) drafted from 2000-06 emerging as elite-level NFL standouts. Oklahoma has the second-highest number of elite players with four, but its 13.3 percent is more than twice behind the percentage that Texas currently posts. Colorado (10.1 percent) and Oklahoma State (10.0 percent) are the only other schools in the Big 12 that broke the double-digit mark

Percentage of players who received big post-draft contracts

When you look at the six teams that put the most players into the draft during this seven-year window, the number of Longhorns receiving big post-draft contracts is pretty incredible. A staggering 10 of 23 drafted players from 2000-06 received big post-draft contracts, while Texas A&M ranked second with five and Kansas state ranked third with four.

Here are the percentages from the top half of the Big 12:

1. Texas (43.4 percent)
2. Texas A&M (20.0 percent)
3. Kansas State (16.0 percent)
4. Colorado (10.1 percent)
5. Oklahoma (6.7 percent)
6. Nebraska (6.5 percent)

Percentage of Multi-year starters

The Longhorns rank only fifth in the conference in total number of players selected from 2000-06 with 23, but 16 of those players emerged as multi-year starters in the NFL. The 70.0 percent number that they posted is almost out of this world when compared to Oklahoma (33.3 percent), Nebraska (38.7 percent) and Kansas State (40.0 percent). Interesting enough, Texas A&M showed up very well in this category as well, finishing with the third-best mark at 44.0 percent.

1. Texas (70 percent)
2. Texas A&M (44.0 percent)
3. Colorado (42.1 percent)
4. Kansas State (40.0 percent)
5. Nebraska (38.7 percent)
6. Oklahoma (33.3 percent)

Percentage of Multi-year contributors

Texas was again the runaway winner, as 82.6 percent of the players drafted from 2000-06 contributed for at least two seasons in the NFL. Nebraska (74.2 percent), Kansas State (72.0 percent) and Texas A&M (72.0 percent) all posted very high numbers in this category.

1. Texas (82.6)
2. Nebraska (74.2 percent)
3. Texas A&M (72.0 percent)
4. Kansas State (72.0 percent)
5. Colorado (63.2 percent)
6. Oklahoma (56.7 percent)

Percentage of Busts

After all of the other numbers, are you really going to be surprised if I tell you that Texas outperformed the majority of the Big 12 yet again, with only 26.1 percent of its draft picks graded as busts according to my grading system. Meanwhile, the rest of the Big 12 posted some pretty high numbers by comparison.

1. Texas (26.1 percent)
2. Kansas State (28.0 percent)
3. Texas A&M (48.0 percent)
4. Nebraska (48.4 percent)
5. Colorado (57.9 percent)
6. Oklahoma (60.0 percent)

Here are the percentages from the top four producers in the Big 12:

1. Texas (40.0 percent)
2. Oklahoma (20.0 percent)
3. Texas A&M (18.2 percent)
4. Nebraska (16.7 percent)

Percentage of players who received big post-draft contracts

Only Baylor and Missouri produced higher overall marks than Texas in this category, but they combined for only three total picks in the first three rounds in the seven-year window, so their marks are a bit tainted. Overall, 53.3 percent (eight of 15) of the Texas players that were drafted in the top three rounds ended up receiving big post-draft contracts. Only two of Oklahoma's players drafted during this time have earned big post-draft contracts.

1. Texas (53.3 percent)
2. Texas A&M (18.2 percent)
3. Nebraska (16.7 percent)
4. Oklahoma (10.0 percent)

Percentage of Multi-year starters

The Longhorns knocked this number out of the park as well, as 86.7 percent of the players drafted in the first three rounds of this window went on to become multi-year starters in the NFL.

1. Texas (86.7 percent)
2. Nebraska (66.7 percent)
3. Texas A&M (63.4 percent)
4. Oklahoma (50.0 percent)

Percentage of Multi-year contributors

Of the 15 players that Texas had selected in the top three rounds, 14 contributed at least two full seasons in the NFL, which gives them the Big 12's second-best total with a 93.3 percent mark. Most of the scores from the heavyweight programs were very similar. For the record, Baylor finished No.1, as their only player (Gary Baxter) drafted in the top three rounds was actually pretty good.

1. Texas (93.3 percent)
2. Texas A&M (90.1 percent)
3. Nebraska (83.3 percent)
4. Oklahoma (80.0 percent)

Percentage of Busts

There's more shock value in this category, as Texas posted a Big 12 best 20.0 percent bust percentage among those selected in the top three rounds. Four different Big 12 schools did not factor into this category because they either didn't have a draft bust from their top selections or they didn't have anyone drafted during this stretch.

1. Texas (20.0 percent)
2. Nebraska (41.7 percent)
3. Oklahoma (50.0 percent)
4. Texas A&M (54.6 percent)
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

FACT: 6 of every 10 Oklahoma players drafted turns out to be a bust
FACT: Only 1 of every 2 Oklahoma players drafted in the first 3 rounds turns into a multi-year starter Almost 9 of 10 Texas guys did.
FACT: Out of 30 NFL draft picks between 2000-06 only 2 recieved a big post-draft contracts. Compare that to Texas with 10 guys getting them out of 23 picks in the same time span.

For all the bullshit about how great the sooner program is they sure don't prepare their kids for the NFL very well, in fact compared to Texas they absolutely suck at it.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote: If you look closely you will see the words "NFL was not factored" thus the whole article is null and void to the original topic. The original topic is NO SOONER HAS COMPLETED A PASS IN THE NFL SINCE 1949.
uh oh, somebody left the unintentional high comedy machine turned up to 11. revisit the original asterisk thread for vito's awesome "stay on topic" power.

the guy has spent the last 4 months turning every BCS, NC, Big XII, and/or OU thread (regardless of actual topic) into a "we got screwed", 45-35, Tech doesn't count, Mack is all class (Everyone else cheats but UT) tug off.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Fact OU has produced 8 former players in pro bowl appearances in the last two years compared to Texass zero.

Fact Oklahoma has produced 22 pro bowl appearances by former players compared to Texass four.

Hell by my math it seems that OU has had more former players appear in the Pro Bowl in the last two seasons than Tejass has all flipping decade!!! And you're trying to talk about busts? :meds:

Spin away Vito Spin away. :waz:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Fact OU has produced 8 former players in pro bowl appearances in the last two years compared to Texass zero.

Fact Oklahoma has produced 22 pro bowl appearances by former players compared to Texass four.

Hell by my math it seems that OU has had more former players appear in the Pro Bowl in the last two seasons than Tejass has all flipping decade!!! And you're trying to talk about busts? :meds:

Actually not true last year Leonard Davis made the pro bowl but chose not to go and was replaced by a gooner. Last year Mike Griffin made the Pro bowl. So one of your so called pro bowl guys only made it because a Longhorn chose not to attend.

BTW is that 8 different or is do you count some gooners twice?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Leonard Davis made the pro bowl but chose not to go
link?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Fact OU has produced 8 former players in pro bowl appearances in the last two years compared to Texass zero.

Actually not true last year Leonard Davis made the pro bowl but chose not to go and was replaced by a gooner. Last year Mike Griffin made the Pro bowl. So one of your so called pro bowl guys only made it because a Longhorn chose not to attend.

BTW is that 8 different or is do you count some gooners twice?

I counted by appearance. and as Moby said; link...
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Here is the link where Davis made the 2008 NFL pro bowl
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Here is the link for the 2009 roster If you notice Davis's name has an asterisk next to it denoting will not play due to injury or personal reason. He was replaced on the roster by a sooner.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=090 ... nfirm=true

Wow, an asterisk and a Longhorn being replaced by a Sooner, that is beyond weird.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:Here is the link where Davis made the 2008 NFL pro bowl
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Here is the link for the 2009 roster If you notice Davis's name has an asterisk next to it denoting will not play due to injury or personal reason. He was replaced on the roster by a sooner.
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=090 ... nfirm=true

Wow, an asterisk and a Longhorn being replaced by a Sooner, that is beyond weird.
That would make it a moot point in the Sooner count because I did not count the Sooner that replaced him. Still a four to one ration going against you in the count. :meds:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

It also still doesn't take away the fact that you lied about and misrepresented Texas in this, I haven't bothered to do the count on OU so I have my doubts that blOwU had that many guys in the Pro bowl. Outside of Joseph, AD, Williams, and Harris who else made it?

It also doesn't take away the cold hard fact that from 2000 to 2006 Oklahoma produced 30 NFL draft picks and of that 18 are no longer in the league.

Compare that to Texas who produced 23 NFL draft picks and still 19 of them are still in the league pulling a pay check.

Here is a list of some of the more notable sooners out of the league
Dan Cody
Derrick Strait
Jason White
Quintin Griffin
Rocky Calmus
Pasha Jackson
Antonio Perkins
Andre Woolfolk
Torrance Marshall
Stockar McDougle
William Bartee
Josh Heupel

Almost all are notably high draft picks or a major college standout and now all out of the league
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:It also still doesn't take away the fact that you lied about and misrepresented Texas in this, I haven't bothered to do the count on OU so I have my doubts that blOwU had that many guys in the Pro bowl. Outside of Joseph, AD, Williams, and Harris who else made it?

It also doesn't take away the cold hard fact that from 2000 to 2006 Oklahoma produced 30 NFL draft picks and of that 18 are no longer in the league.

Compare that to Texas who produced 23 NFL draft picks and still 19 of them are still in the league pulling a pay check.

Dan Cody
Derrick Strait
Jason White
Quintin Griffin
Rocky Calmus
Pasha Jackson
Antonio Perkins
Andre Woolfolk
Torrance Marshall
Stockar McDougle
William Bartee
Josh Heupel

Almost all are notably high draft picks or a major college standout and now all out of the league
All of those were "high" draft picks? WTF are you smoking? Not a single one of them was drafted in the first round. The highest two you list were Dan Cody who is out of the league because of knee injuries not because he couldn't get on the field and Torrence Marshall who was an early third rounder.

Yeah Stockar McDougle only played 7 years in the NFL which is four more than the average player makes, real big bust there. :meds: :lol:

I love your attempt at spin :waz: but the fact remains that OU has been producing future Pro Bowlers at a 4 to 1 greater pace that Texsucks.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:It also still doesn't take away the fact that you lied about and misrepresented Texas in this, I haven't bothered to do the count on OU so I have my doubts that blOwU had that many guys in the Pro bowl. Outside of Joseph, AD, Williams, and Harris who else made it?

Dan Cody
Derrick Strait
Jason White
Quintin Griffin
Rocky Calmus
Pasha Jackson
Antonio Perkins
Andre Woolfolk
Torrance Marshall
Stockar McDougle
William Bartee
Josh Heupel

All of those were "high" draft picks? WTF are you smoking? Not a single one of them was drafted in the first round. The highest two you list were Dan Cody who is out of the league because of knee injuries not because he couldn't get on the field and Torrence Marshall who was an early third rounder.

Yeah Stockar McDougle only played 7 years in the NFL which is four more than the average player makes, real big bust there. :meds: :lol:

I love your attempt at spin :waz: but the fact remains that OU has been producing future Pro Bowlers at a 4 to 1 greater pace that Texsucks.
Not a single one drafted in the 1st round?
1st round 28th pick Andre Woolfolk Titans DB- out of the league.
1st round 20th pick Stockar McDougle Lions T- huge first round bust. out of the league. When your the 20th pick of the draft and basically have one good season in your career 2003 then you suck.

I consider anyone drafted in the 1st 3 rounds to be a high draft pick since for the most part they are still in the top 100 players in said draft. I also included those with standout college careers in that list or maybe you need to work on your reading skills. Just to help you out, here is that same list with guys draft status.

Dan Cody Ravens DE 2nd 53 pick
Derrick Strait Jets CB 3rd 76 pick
Jason White QB 2005 Not drafted Heisman trophy winner
Quintin Griffin RB Broncos 4th 108 pick - 4 year starter that rushed for over 2000 yards senior year at blOwU
Rocky Calmus LB Titans 3rd 77 - All everything LB for you guys
Antonio Perkins CB Browns 4th 103
Andre Woolfolk DB Titans 1st 28
Torrance Marshall LB Packers 3rd 72
Stockar McDougle OL Lions 1st 20
William Bartee DB Chiefs 2nd 54
Josh Heupel QB dolphins 6th 177 - runner up in heisman race never made the league.

Now since your so proud of all the guys that made the pro bowl I want you to name all the spooners that have made the pro bowl since 2000, for you benefit I will name all the Longhorns.

Vince Young 2006
Roy Williams 2007
Mike Griffin 2009
Kasey Hampton 4x (2004, 06, 07, 08)
Shaun Rogers 3x (2005, 06, 2009)
Ricky Williams (2003)
Nathan Vasher (2006)
Priest Holmes 3x (2002, 03, 04)
Leonard Davis 2x (2008, 09)
Tony Brackens (2000)

I find it convenient you chose a two year window to prove your point but it is probably the only time frame you can use to show that Oklahoma is ahead of Texas.

Still waiting for you to give me your list of the 8 sooners that have made the pro bowl over the last 2 years? And incase slap-dick wants to know why I chose 2000 as my starting point, it's simple, both Mack Brown and Bob Stoops were in place at that point and both had already established themselves.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Still waiting
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I've read enough.

Let me go on record, please:

I don't give a sh*t if an Oklahoma QB ever throws a pass in the NFL. I don't give a sh*t if an Oklahoma player never plays in the NFL again. I care about them as Oklahoma football players. While they play for the University of Oklahoma, I will cheer them dearly. Once they move on, if they move on to be one of the college athletes that goes pro in sports, then I wish them the best of luck... I'll hope that they do well; that they represent the University of Oklahoma well. But, if they're one of the college athletes that goes pro in something OTHER than sports, I'll wish them the same luck.

As college football players, who would you rather have? Jason White or Chris Simms?
As pros, who cares? I mean, this is the same league that didn't realize that Chris Simms was a p*ssy and Vince Young was a headcase, right? At least they had "the tangibles."

Do I think that Huepel would have been a good pro? God, no. His arm strength would have gotten him killed. Do I care? God, no. He was a GREAT Sooner. Everything else is something that losers do to try to rile you up.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Oh, and even though it's not my fight or anything...

Kelly Gregg - although he hasn't "officially" made a Pro Bowl, I wanted him to be mentioned... He's led all interior linemen with tackles since 2002 (while sharing the field with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and the line with Terrell Suggs) and was named to SI's All-Pro team in 2006.

Anyway, moving on...

Roy Williams: 2003-2007
Tommie Harris: 2005-2007
Jammal Brown: 2006, 2008
Davin Joseph: 2008
Adrian Peterson: 2007, 2008, etc...

Those are the only ones that I find... That's 5shouldbe6 guys, which isn't bad... Especially when you consider that Tommie and A.D. are, possibly, two of the baddest men in the league on their side of the ball. Jus' sayin'.

See ya...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

the_ouskull wrote:Oh, and even though it's not my fight or anything...

Kelly Gregg - although he hasn't "officially" made a Pro Bowl, I wanted him to be mentioned... He's led all interior linemen with tackles since 2002 (while sharing the field with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and the line with Terrell Suggs) and was named to SI's All-Pro team in 2006.

Anyway, moving on...

Roy Williams: 2003-2007
Tommie Harris: 2005-2007
Jammal Brown: 2006, 2008
Davin Joseph: 2008
Adrian Peterson: 2007, 2008, etc...

Those are the only ones that I find... That's 5shouldbe6 guys, which isn't bad... Especially when you consider that Tommie and A.D. are, possibly, two of the baddest men in the league on their side of the ball. Jus' sayin'.

See ya...

the_ouskull
I would tend to believe you a little more if you didn't have VY as your avitar. I'm sure you have him there because he plunger raped your sooners in 2k5 right?

in truth I can sum what see where you are coming from, I'm still not a big fan of the league, but there is a difference in us being fans and our respective programs putting people in the league. You see both Texas and blOwU have been national power for the better part of the last 10 years and as such both have pretty much always gotten the best talent in this region. The fact is that kids choose our respective schools in part for their ability to get them to the next level. When a kid gets 5-stars they pretty much shift their thinking from earning a scholarship to earning dollars. What school can best get me into the league.

The fact is that Texas does it better than Oklahoma by a country mile, the numbers prove it out! Not only is Texas almost doubling blOwU in number of players in the NFL, but the guys Texas is putting out are sticking and earning that 2nd and 3rd big time contract.

Something else that is not lost on me is that when dumbass beat writers are calling out Texas for NFL busts like Mike Williams, Cedric Benson, Vince Young, and Ricky Williams, all you dipshit soonerfans were here to pile on, but when the numbers come out that Texas is kicking your ass in NFL players you change your toon to "I could care less what they do after they leave Oklahoma".

Sounds just like sooner who when they were winning 5 in a row on Texas was always talking about scoreboard but now that Texas has the scoreboard all that matters is conference championships.

When it all comes down to it, the worm has turned, area kids are recognizing that stoops isn't preparing his kids for the NFL and that means that they are going to be crossing the spooners off their list and you guys will be recruiting Nevada Kansas and New Mexico to get your talent.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Goddammit but I love Texas and OU killing each other like this.

:mrgreen:

Ain't nothing better than a real BTPCF grudge fuck. This is why BTPCF is still way more appealing then the NFL.

Man, I wish KU and Missouri could get good, and stay good. I'd love to re-visit that love fest, every year.

Oh, and for the record, Ricky Williams wasn't an NFL bust. He's no Cedric Benson. Ricky was damn good, before he flaked. His story isn't over yet, either.

Also, USC had 51 players in the NFL last season, including some who've completed passes in the NFL. They just added 11 more draft picks, most of whom were high draft picks, including another one who will likely complete a pass in the NFL. Miami led the NFL last year, with 56 players in the NFL. They added only one player in this year's draft, so more than likely USC will now have the most players in the NFL of any college team.

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Vito Corleone wrote: I would tend to believe you a little more if you didn't have VY as your avitar. I'm sure you have him there because he plunger raped your sooners in 2k5 right?
no worse than shutting that fucker out in 04 huh??

yea, you guys won in 05...at least we dindt show up and shit a goose egg.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Moby Dick wrote:...at least we dindt show up and shit a goose egg.
We did, at home, even...against Shmick's team!

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote: I would tend to believe you a little more if you didn't have VY as your avitar. I'm sure you have him there because he plunger raped your sooners in 2k5 right?
no worse than shutting that fucker out in 04 huh??

yea, you guys won in 05...at least we dindt show up and shit a goose egg.
That didn't count, because Vince didn't start. Me Chan Cock did.
VY did start in 04. he was off the bench for Mock in 03.
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I still consider it more impressive that we held your heisman winner to 12 points, and all 12 coming due to the magical legs of AP.

Shutting down a one dimensional Texas offense was no major feat, but as the year progressed we got better and your team, especially your defense got worse.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Vito Corleone wrote:
Shutting down a one dimensional Texas offense was no major feat, but as the year progressed we got better and your team, especially your defense got worse.

you're a godamn idiot you know that?

that "one dimensional offense" won a national championship in 05 did it not?

fucking shit vito i give your .m2esque troll job an A-.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Moby Dick wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:

you're a godamn idiot you know that?

that "one dimensional offense" won a national championship in 05 did it not?

fucking shit vito i give your .m2esque troll job an A-.
Considering Texas is your main rival, your pretty ignorant about them. Yes, in 2004 Texas was a one dimensional offense Texas had zero passing game that year you moron. Lets see if I can explain it so even your pea brain can understand, in BTPCF one year can make all the difference in the world. In 2004 all our Wr were basically true freshmen we had one senior receiver and his name was Tony Jefferies who basically had one big catch his whole career that was the game winning TD against Kansas.

The entire Texas offense was El ced and VY running the ball, our passing offense was limited to Vince throwing the ball to Dave Thomas our TE. 2004 is not 2005.