Portland / Lakers 3-09 and the Ariza foul

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The Seer
Just the Facts

Portland / Lakers 3-09 and the Ariza foul

Post by The Seer »

Props to the Blazers for putting the beat-down on the apathetic Lakers. Had to check the video of the flagrant 2 foul that I read about....

Those homer announcers on this youtube video must work for the Helen Keller network. Ariza went for the ball and hit RF's arms...nowhere close to his head....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUENlW0s0Ow

Granted he was in a vulnerable position...so the rule should read if a player is elevated, going to the hoop, opposing player not allowed to attempt to block the shot. Glad to see Odumb leave the bench...as much effort he's shown in 2 weeks....dumbass.....

The bored Lakers will probably lose at least 5 of their next 20....

Utah is scary good right now.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Portland / Lakers 3-09 and the Ariza foul

Post by indyfrisco »

I hate the Lakers just as much as the next non-Laker fan, but Ariza was going for the ball. Should not have even been a flagrant 1 foul.

Instead of putting Fernandez in a neck brace, carrying him off the court on a stretcher and spending the night in the hospital (all because he got the breath knocked out of him), he should have gotten up, wiped the dust off his vagina and shot his free throws. BUt that's not today's NBA. In today's NBA, it's all about flopping and faking. How many times do you see hard fouls and the faggot laying there rolling around on the ground trying to get a flagrant call? Soon as they realize they ain't buying one, they pop up like fucking soccer players.

Some day I would LOVE to see a flop called a technical foul. Not that I think Fernandez flopped. I just digressed. He was fouled. It was just unfortunate that he twisted and landed how he did. Anyhow, flopping shouold be a tech like delay of game. You can flop as many times as you want. Just know that every time you do, the other team gets a free throw.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

IndyFrisco wrote: like fucking soccer players.

nuff said.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Lakerhomerdouche might wanna crack a rulebook before they clown themselves next time...

Hewas nowhere near the ball, and took a swing that connected with a guy who had a clear-path's head.

I know Lakerfans tend to be both myopic and stupid (always a crowd pleasing combo), but that's not somew gray area in NBA rules -- it's not even open to any sort of debate...

It's a fucking Flagrant 2. Period. EOS.

And the fact he did it out of frustration (since he just got posterized in the last couple of minutes) while down by 30 in the 3rd...

Punk move. VERY punk move.

Hope Ariza was never planning on enjoying any sort of nightlife (including the legendary tittybars) in Portland for the rest of his career -- as long as he plays, that guy will never be able to step outside the front door of his hotel. Odom was already a marked man, now another has signed on for it.

I'm actually OK with it -- Laker/Blazer hatred needs a new shot in the arm, and it's good (in a way) for the NBA. Hell, we don't even have the Sonics to hate on anymore, and Stockton/Malone ain't walking through that door any time soon... so I guess it's back to the Good Old Days of hating all things Lakers.

But if anyone saw that as anything other than a horrific example of a cheap shot... you need to check yourself, and have a psychiatrist check your brain.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Dinsdale wrote:
Hope Ariza was never planning on enjoying any sort of nightlife (including the legendary tittybars) in Portland for the rest of his career
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, im sure Ariza will sorely miss the incredibly epic nightlife and pasty, grass grazing honeys Portland has to offer, especially since he only lives in one of the nations 2 biggest ongoing parties in the city called Los Angeles. Dumbass.

Marked Man?!??! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's from Inglehood. I'm dying of laughter thinking about what would happen to the unfortunate tards who would be dumb enough to step to Ghost.

Now, do I think you're correct in calling it a flagrant 2? Yes.

Bynum due back with 6 games left in the season. The March to Title #15 begins.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Well gee, IgnorRJant -- I guess all those pics my buddy has of him and various celebs, including many a Laker, from his tenure as a manager of a gentleman's club must be forgeries.

Uhm... touring musicians are often known to spend their day off in Portland BECAUSE of the adult entertainment, dumbass... since it's by far the #1 town for adult businesses (sorry, Vegas).

Dude -- I've freaking met opposing NBA players out on the town --they seem to dig it, since regardless what jersey they wear, they're always well-recieved.

And as far as the women -- we've been through this before... remind me again, which is the only state to ever sweep the Miss/Mrs/Ms America pageants in the same year? Here's a hint -- it ain't california. Which state produced multiple PMOY's this decade again? Again -- it ain't california.

And I'm sure the name Inglewood sparks fear in the hearts of Randy Couture, Matt Lindland, and various others.

Interesting, the return of Bynum. Surely, having the beast baxk in the middle can't hurt, but the Lakeshow has such a nice groove going without him -- kinda like last year. And frankly, Blazerfan can relate to how long it takes a superbigdaddy to get back into "playing shape" after an injury... know it well. But if dude can go, you kinda have to get him in the rotation... puts Zenny in an interesting predicament. Nate has a milder version of that with Oldman -- team is better with Oden playing limited minutes off the bench (a role in which he can play defense with relative impunity, and "make his 6 count), with The Vannilla Gorilla carrying the bulk of the load -- with Roy, LA, Blakey, Travis The Savant, Ruuuudy, et al on the roster, it's not like we need a whole lot of scoring from the low post -- not that establishing it to at least a small degree ever hurt anyone's game plan... but the Zers are built on jump shooting, not grinding... whereas the Lakers can play either way, so having Bynum won't hurt, for sure.

Just a matter of "chemistry" and "rhythym" at this point.

Stern the Incompetant's wet dream seems to be coming to fruition, it looks like at this point -- 24/8 against LeDouche in the finals. I have to go with the Lakers at this point, although in the words of Maximus Decimus Jordonius --

"He who can win the refs, can win their rings."

And LeDouche Global Brand seems quite adept at it these days.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RJ wrote:Yeah, im sure Ariza will sorely miss the incredibly epic nightlife and pasty, grass grazing honeys Portland has to offer

BTW -- the next time you're up This Way, I'll prove you so incredibly wrong that you'll weep tears of embarrassment.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Dinsdale wrote:
RJ wrote:Yeah, im sure Ariza will sorely miss the incredibly epic nightlife and pasty, grass grazing honeys Portland has to offer

BTW -- the next time you're up This Way, I'll prove you so incredibly wrong that you'll weep tears of embarrassment.
Or be awash in tidal waves of damsel love. I'm taking you up on that, bro-I should be up in the Portland area next spring.