Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 87

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

^^^^ Word
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

poptart wrote: ....................whether bbq ever dips his wick again or not.
:lol:
The only right answer to a fool is silence
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

VOR,

I see you took my other posts to heart too....

Good boy, roll over...

I know you are, but what am I? Neener neener neener!!!

It's moot. You don't get it, but I still hope for you, someday. That's the difference between you and I.
If I don't see your point, you get pissy, and turn to sarcasm, insults, and innuendo. If you don’t see mine, then I tell you that you still have time, to keep trying.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

I've gotten an Easter card from my grandma every year for the last 30 years. That's pretty rad. Especially when she sends a chocolate bunny.

Rack easter.
Defense wins championships.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Don't believe................know.

Leaave it at that.

Peace.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Post by Voice of Reason »

Tiny wrote: That's the difference between you and I.
If I don't see your point, you get pissy, and turn to sarcasm, insults, and innuendo. If you don’t see mine, then I tell you that you still have time, to keep trying.
The difference between you and I is more simple than that.

I am right and you are wrong.

No insults...no innuendo...sarcasm to amuse myself...

but whatever.
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

So where did the "star stuff" that we are made of come from?
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

OUMO wrote:So where did the "star stuff" that we are made of come from?
um...stars
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

How did I know that was going to be the intelligent/educated response I would get?

Next.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

ask a stupid question............

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I don't think you have any idea of the complexities of the question I asked. If you do then voice that reason.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

ACtually, I understand the question that you asked, perfectly.

You don't understand the simplicity of the question you asked.

You may have meant to ask something esle, but if so, then it is a problem of your lack of mastery of the english language. Because what you asked, was a simple question that was answered by my simple answer.

It is not my job, as the listener, to search for deeper meaning past the words in your question. It is your job, as the asker, to specify the question that you mean.

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Voice of Reason wrote:ACtually, I understand the question that you asked, perfectly.

You don't understand the simplicity of the question you asked.

You may have meant to ask something esle, but if so, then it is a problem of your lack of mastery of the english language. Because what you asked, was a simple question that was answered by my simple answer.

It is not my job, as the listener, to search for deeper meaning past the words in your question. It is your job, as the asker, to specify the question that you mean.
Then we will play simple games.

Where do stars come from?
Voice of Reason
Elwood

OUMO wrote:

That depends on which stars you are talking about.

Not all stars come from the same place.

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Voice of Reason wrote:
OUMO wrote:

Disqualified.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

OUMO wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
OUMO wrote:

Disqualified.
Whatever. Clearly, you don't understand where stars come from, then.

Unless of course you, again, intended a question that you didn't ask.

Asking "where" something came from is asking for a location.

Did you mean to ask "how" stars form?

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I guess I could ask where a certain star came from and you could give me the galaxy, but that is clearly not what I meant when I asked where stars came from and you know it.

Watching you back track in this thread is pathetic, go ahead and google up star formation if you want.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

OUMO wrote:I guess I could ask where a certain star came from and you could give me the galaxy, but that is clearly not what I meant when I asked where stars came from and you know it.

Watching you back track in this thread is pathetic, go ahead and google up star formation if you want.
Backtrack? My ass.

There is a reason that the first few weeks of classes that you take, be they math, science, or business revolve around defining words and terms.

Because to truly discuss anything from a knowledgable standpoint everybody must be agreed upon the language that they are using and understand all of the terms involved.

You are trying to ask questions about subject matter that is deeply routed in physics and astronomy, but trying to ask it with questions that a two year old asks.

"Where did I come from?"
"How did we get here?"

And you can answer a two year old in any way you like, because they aren't truly going to understand anyway.

"God put us here"
"Stars come from space"

It doesn't really matter.

There is plenty of research and observations on the facts about what we know about our galaxy, the stars and the universe out there, but it is not told in language a two year old can understand.

If you truly are interested to learn about it in layman's terms, the best book out there for you would be Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time, or The Universe in a Nutshell.

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Voice of Reason wrote:There is plenty of research and observations on the facts about what we know about our galaxy, the stars and the universe out there, but it is not told in language a two year old can understand.
Then why do you Vocie of Almighty Reason answer a question of where does the "star stuff" we are made of come from with "stars" when any two year old could do the same?

I already know what star stuff is, I am not about to explain it to someone that answers questions with one word, like a two year old.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

OUMO wrote: Then why do you Vocie of Almighty Reason answer a question of where does the "star stuff" we are made of come from with "stars" when any two year old could do the same?

I already know what star stuff is, I am not about to explain it to someone that answers questions with one word, like a two year old.
And why do you, OU of mighty MO, ask a question of where does the "star stuff" we are made of come from, when you already know what star stuf is?

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

To probe you, how does it feel?
Voice of Reason
Elwood

meh...I've had better

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

OUMO: Why is the sun hot?
VOR: Because the sun is hot.

OUMO: Why can't I see in the dark?
VOR: Because it is dark.

OUMO: Why do your posts suck?
VOR: Because I suck.

:twisted:
Voice of Reason
Elwood

VOR: I am around 1 billion times more intelligent than you will ever be.
OUMO: Prove it

VOR: Think of a number....any number..
OUMO: er...Five!

VOR: Wrong

- Ferdinand Magellan
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

You already proved how intelligent you are, the star stuff we come from comes from stars, you said it, no one can argue against it.

With intelligence like that we can deduct that Coke comes from a Coke can. The very essence of intelligence.

:roll:
Voice of Reason
Elwood

There were ten suns that used to appear in turn in the sky during the Chinese ten-day week. Only one would go on a journey into the skies. But after some time they decided to appear together in the sky. The heat was too much for the people to handle. They asked the suns to fly solo, but they refused. So their father sent the archer Yi down from the heavens to reprimand the disobedient suns, but he ended up killing nine of the suns and the one that remains is the sun they see in the sky.

Since The Sun is a star, I assume that the other stars in the Universe are from a similar situation.

- Ferdinand Magellan
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Mister Bushice wrote:The gospels were written 30 years after the disciples fled jerusalem. I can imagine that a good deal of embellishment was mixed in.

I say NO.
Right before over 90 percent of those disciples died horrifying deaths that could have been avoided had they denounced that embellishment.

Thanks for the monday morning guffaw. :lol: :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oh come on now, rozy.

You mean you wouldn't allow yourself to be stoned, speared, or crucified upside down just to allow your little hoax to continue to be played out....?

Peter - crucified (upside down)
Andrew - crucified
Mathew - sword
John - natural
James, son of Alphaeus - crucified
Philip - crucified
Simon - crucified
Thaddaeus - arrows
James, brother of Jesus - stoned
Thomas - spear
Bartholomew - crucified
James, son of Zebedee - sword

Embellishment.....?

Mix in a touch of common sense and it is CLEAR to see that the disciples KNEW that Jesus rose.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

e wrote:
poptart wrote:Thaddaeus - arrows
i'll bet he was an easy target being as big and orange as he was
Don't you want to make fun of son of Zebedee while you're at it....?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

!zzubevol wrote:I wanna rack the everliving jelly bean out of you guys who are able to articulate yourselves, your points - in the humorous, acerbic and witty way that you do. You know who you are. You guys rock.
Thanks. :wink:
Voice of Reason
Elwood

poptart wrote:Oh come on now, rozy.

You mean you wouldn't allow yourself to be stoned, speared, or crucified upside down just to allow your little hoax to continue to be played out....?
People die to become martyrs all the time, in todays "modern" age.

And those guys would have been pushing life-expectancy, for that time period, as it was.

Nobody ever rose from the dead.

- Ferdinand Magellan
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nobody ever rose from the dead.

Yes.

Sincerely,

over 500 witnesses

mvscal wrote:
Wolfman wrote:what do we REALLY know ???
not much
Well, we really know that dead motherfuckers don't come back to life.
Jesus attended a wedding and they ran out of wine to drink. After His disciples filled six water pots with water Jesus caused the water to become very tasty wine.

Jesus healed a boy who was about to die.

Jesus healed a man with an unclean spirit.

Jesus healed Simon's mother-in-law from a fever. At the same home He also healed many who were sick of different diseases and cast out many devils.

Jesus healed a man of leprosy.

Jesus healed a paralytic who could not walk.

Jesus healed an impotent man.

Jesus cured many people of infirmities and plagues and of evil spirits.

Jesus healed a man with a withered hand.

Jesus healed multitudes of people.

Jesus healed a servant who was sick and tormented.

Jesus healed a dead man who then sat up and began to speak.

Jesus healed one possessed with a devil, caused the blind to see and the mute to speak.

Jesus rebuked the winds and the sea that covered the boat and the sea became calm.

Jesus cast the devils out of two exceedingly fierce men. These men were naked, wild and could not be held with chains. They were living in the cemetery.

Jesus healed a woman who had been bleeding for 12 years and the doctors could not cure her. She touched His clothing and was healed instantly.

Jesus took a girl who died at the age of 12 and caused her to walk and to eat.

Jesus healed two blind men and a mute man, and every sickness.
Bible Passage

Jesus' disciples healed all manner of sickness and disease.

Jesus took two fish and 5 rolls of bread and fed 5000 men plus the women and children and had 12 baskets of food left over.

Jesus walked on the water during a bad storm.

Jesus healed as many as touched Him or touched the border of his clothing.

Jesus healed a girl grievously vexed with a devil.

Jesus caused multitudes of lame to walk, blind to see, mute to talk, and maimed to be made whole.

Jesus healed a deaf man who had a speech impediment, tongue was loosed.

Jesus fed 4,000 men plus women and children with 7 pieces of bread and a few little fish, and 7 baskets full were left over.

Jesus healed a blind man.

Jesus healed lunatic who was foaming at the mouth and gnashing his teeth as he threw himself into the fire.

Jesus healed a man who was blind from his birth.

Jesus heals a woman who had a spirit of infirmity 18 years; she was bowed over and could not stand up.

Jesus healed man of dropsy.

Jesus raised Lazarus who had been dead four days.

Jesus healed 10 men who were lepers.

Jesus healed blind Bartimeus.

Jesus touched and healed the soldier whose right ear had been cut off
with a sword.

These things don't happen either.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

poptart wrote:These things don't happen either.
No shit

- Ferdinand Magellan
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:They don't and they didn't.
Do inexplicable "miracles" ever happen....?

Or are you just poo pooing these because Jesus did them....?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The facts are this.

The man Jesus was betrayed, as He said He would be.
The man Jesus was crucified, as He said He would be.

I believe the man Jesus rose up on the third day, as He said He would.

Was he "clinically dead" as we think of in terms today ? I don't know. What I do know is that in the not so distant past, some people have been "buried" and they weren't dead.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Jesus should have opened a clinic. He would have cleaned up.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:The facts are this.

The man Jesus was betrayed, as He said He would be.
He didn't exactly have be Nostradamus or the "son of God" to make those Marcus Allen-esqe predictions.
:lol:

Why would he subject Himself to it then, unless of course He was who and what He said He was ?

His understanding what that He was to be the fullfillment of prophecy, a prophecy that included much pain and suffering. His whole life was spent in performing the Will of the Father, despite it's pain, His fear, and His humanity. The Garden of Gesthemane (sp?)

I just don't see too many people volunteering for the job of Jesus "The Lamb of God". The wackos that volunteer for the job of Jesus "The Returning Lion", are misguided and delusional.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

I never understood why Mary went back to the tomb. The body was wrapped in linen and adorned with spices per Jewish custom. So why did she go back yet again with more spices to do it all over again?

And how did she plan on getting past the guard?
How did she plan on getting past the giant stone that sealed the tomb?
Was it customary to visit dead bodies again and again with the spices routine?
Did Colonial Sanders descend from these people?
Why are the accounts so different in the gospels?
What is the Capital of Idaho?
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Tom In VA wrote:The man Jesus was betrayed, as He said He would be.
[/quote]

Jesus (a person outspoken against the status quo) predicted he would be betrayed and crucified during a time period in which people that spoke out against the status quo were crucified....

...wow..

- Ferdinand Magellan
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

VOR,

I'm not sure about the historical accuracy of your post. As far as I've been made aware, the Pilate "washed" his hands because he wanted no part of having Christ crucified. The Sanheddrin, didn't crucify people.