Rack MSU

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Rack MSU

Post by War Wagon »

Men's team in the Final 4.

Women's team in the Elite 8.

They must be doing something right in E. Lansing. Maybe they banned Babs from the campus.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

As if Babs has ever been there other than to take pics for his / her sig... :D

Congrats, indeed. That was a great f'in' game today and that team is as tough as their coach. No doubt.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

Thanx.
But no, I actually attended classes there. Full 12 credits per.
I transfered as it was very expensive. My family could'nt keep up.
Then, as a lot of guys, I graduated from the school of life.
Oh well, "The road not taken......" 'eh? It was some of the best times of my life. It really is a nice place to do whatever you want to do. Party your ass off, or get a very meaningful degree. I may have done too much of the former. Still haven't figured that one out. Can't complain though.
Great wife of 11 years. Near perfect a kid as anyone would want.
Hey, I've seen a lot of dudes do a lot worse.

And if UNC thinks Wisc. played tough. Wait til MSU rolls in on 6 days rest!
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

RACK UNC

Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Sig bet MSUFAN??
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll give the Spartan basketball programs their proper respects...the rest of the athletic department isn't all that hot but atleast they've got something to hang their hat on. Gonna be a great matchup next weekend of Davis vs. May.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

For the record that was a foul on the final shot at the end of regulation.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Cueball wrote:RACK UNC

Uh, don't look now, but ditto for the Spartan Women!

Yeah, I'll sig. bet ya! Hell yes! 8)
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Left Seater wrote:For the record that was a foul on the final shot at the end of regulation.
yeah...I'm pretty surprised that there wasn't a whistle.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Left Seater wrote:For the record that was a foul on the final shot at the end of regulation.
:roll: I just knew Rozy couldn't resist.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

PSUFAN wrote:
yeah...I'm pretty surprised that there wasn't a whistle.
What gives you any idea Sparks would have not choked THAT one away like he did the other free throw on the one&one?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Lefty, PSU,

I concur. I thought it was a foul too. You know NO ref has the balls to blow the whistle though on that call. For any ref that WANTED (and knew they should) to blow the whistle, they were thankful the shot fell. Sucks for UK and UK fan though because they might have won the game has a ref had some balls.

On a side note, I have 2 Louisville and 1 UNC player left in my Fantasy March Madness. Only 2 MSU players left that were drafted with 6 UK players who ate the dust today.

When getting off the plane and listening to the overtime in the car, the wife asked who I was going for. Here was my response:

"Well, I hate Kentucky from way back because Dukie V always sucked their balls. Just can't stand the man and can't stand the balls he's sucking. But...there's this girl that posts on my message board that would have the most kick-ass meltdown ever saying Sparks' foot was on the line had UK come back to win in OT."

Well, for my money, I did good. For my board satisfaction, no dice.

All in all, it kinda sucked I missed most all of the elite eight this weekend because I had family shit going on. What really sucked was that I had 4 Arizona starters on my fantasy team who choked up 13 with 4:00 to go.

Shit. Just noticed I types a couple pages. The alcohol is kickin in.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MSUFAN wrote:
What in Vic's aborted baby are you talking about?

Oh...Lefty is now rozy. I get it. And I'm SEC Ballsucking Homer you faggot.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

IndyFrisco wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:

Well, ONE of them Houston ballsuckers anyway. They might as well be the same trolls. :roll:

Get off my dick, chump.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MSUFAN wrote:
Cueball wrote:RACK UNC

Uh, don't look now, but ditto for the Spartan Women!
Who knew?

Actually, they're playing the game just down the road from here, thus some added interest on my part.

I'm watching UConn get slapped silly by Stanford right now.

I know most people don't give a rats ass about the ladies game, and I wouldn't either.....until I had a daughter who also happens to be a great athlete.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Yep. My girl is good at Golf and Softball.
(I'm hoping to steer her to Golf. Pretty good money these days in the Ladies Tours.)
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

I want MSU to win, but no way no how the refs will allow an Illinois-MSU match for the championship, ratings will go down the tubes, even though this weekend they did pretty damn well.

Expect May to hack Davis to death, elbow him to death, and just basically on own the paint. Phantom calls will be rampant.

MSU is a better "TEAM" than Wisky, and play decent "TEAM" ball. NC got the best "TALENT" individually on the floor. But Coach Roy is a poster child for choking, but I don't think the refs will allow that to happen.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

At regular speed, I was thinking that too. I thought the three looked good and they'd send Sparks to the line with no time left for the win. After seeing the hundreds of looks of the shot, it looked less and less like a foul. I forget who the MSU defender was but it looked like he tried to pull back from hitting Sparks on the shot but there was still some slight contact. It would've been tough to call that at the end on top of having to review the shot. I was screaming for the foul call but after a few replays, it looked like the refs could've gotten away with not calling it.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Dude did the same thing at the end of the Louisville game and in both instances it should have been a foul on Sparks for being out of control. Watching the angle from behind the basket the MSU defender pulls back and Sparks leaned into him, same as the Louisville game.

That is a play that is never called much against the offensive player, but it should be.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

They could have also called a travel on Sparks, seeing as how he took two steps back then a dribble, but they didn't have the balls to call that either.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

With
Out
Question
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

IndyFrisco wrote:
MSUFAN wrote:

RACK

Babs, it would have been almost impossible for the ref to blow the whistle in that situation. I understand that. But it was a foul.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Leave it to Babs to ignore the fact it was a foul and instead talk about the likelyhood of making the shot. Hey Babs, if dude never gets a chance to take the shot he has a 0% chance of making it. If he at least gets the chance there is always a chance it will go in.

As for the replays of the contact I didn't think that the contact was all that great from the side view. However, when they showed the view from the basket it is quite clear that there was both body contact and arm contact.

Now a question for those who think the official can't or shouldn't blow his whistle on that play. Would that be a foul in the first 10 minutes of the game? If so, why isn't it a foul at the end of the game? As officials we shouldn't change how the call the game because of the time of the game. If you are going to "let them play" in the last minute you had better "let them play" in the opening minute too, because there is nothing worse than changing your defintion of a foul during the game.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Left Seater wrote:Now a question for those who think the official can't or shouldn't blow his whistle on that play. Would that be a foul in the first 10 minutes of the game? If so, why isn't it a foul at the end of the game? As officials we shouldn't change how the call the game because of the time of the game. If you are going to "let them play" in the last minute you had better "let them play" in the opening minute too, because there is nothing worse than changing your defintion of a foul during the game.
I agree 100% with that. However, you are talking about what they "should" do though vs. what they "would" do. You know damn well that no ref is calling that foul, whether they "should" or not.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote:As for the replays of the contact I didn't think that the contact was all that great from the side view. However, when they showed the view from the basket it is quite clear that there was both body contact and arm contact.
While I agree there was contact, Sparks certainly leaned into it, same as he did against Louisville. While they would never call an offensive foul against the shooter, it should be looked into more.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I guess there is the difference between football and basketball. Football guys have made those calls, (OSU v Miami to name one) while basketball guys don't.

Everyone seems to be happy with going to overtime in that game, but if a foul occured (which most seem to agree one did) and the official doesn't call it because of the time of the game, I have a problem with it. Yet another reason why I have repeatedly turned down officiating basketball.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote:Everyone seems to be happy with going to overtime in that game, but if a foul occured (which most seem to agree one did) and the official doesn't call it because of the time of the game, I have a problem with it. Yet another reason why I have repeatedly turned down officiating basketball.
I am sure you could look back on other shots during that game, or any game for that matter, where a player was hit and there was no call. It happens all the time.

My father, who absolutely does not watch basketball, was pretty much forced to watch the games yesterday and his comment was a very good observation. he said, "I don't know how these referees can keep up with these guys and be able to make close calls."
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No doubt Mucho. I am not saying that the official(s) cost anyone a game. They didn't make and take shots, nor did they miss free throws, etc. I am speaking to the fact that some think the official(s) saw the contact and passed on making the call only because it was late in the game.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote:I am speaking to the fact that some think the official(s) saw the contact and passed on making the call only because it was late in the game.
I agree with you on that. It's like the same thing during playoff hockey where the refs don't make calls with 5 minutes left in a game, or in OT.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Left Seater wrote:I guess there is the difference between football and basketball. Football guys have made those calls, (OSU v Miami to name one) while basketball guys don't.

Everyone seems to be happy with going to overtime in that game, but if a foul occured (which most seem to agree one did) and the official doesn't call it because of the time of the game, I have a problem with it. Yet another reason why I have repeatedly turned down officiating basketball.
What a smug son of a bitch you are.

Damn, dude.

Listen up, all you assholes.

That was NOT a foul. Ya know why?!

BECAUSE THE REFS NEVER CALLED ONE!!!!!

I've watched the game tape. And guys who have wittnessed 5,000 more NCAA games than YOU all have, (Packer and Nance) BOTH said it was a good No-Call. Torbert CLEARLY pulls away, trying to avoid contact. Mac CLEARLY leaned into him. Minimal at BEST contact = NO FOUL. Nance and Packer reiterated it 3 times during the 5 min. wait for the toe. WHICH , I might add, was called a TWO, by the only ref close to the shot! (Again, my tape proved it.) And if the call was a TWO, and there was NOT definative proof, (Which there wasn't!) to ALTER that call, the basket should have stayed a TWO.

Nuff said. End your bullshit NOW! We've got a CLASSIC Final Four coming up. Quit bringing everyone down.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Arch Angel wrote:I want MSU to win, but no way no how the refs will allow an Illinois-MSU match for the championship, ratings will go down the tubes, even though this weekend they did pretty damn well.

Expect May to hack Davis to death, elbow him to death, and just basically on own the paint. Phantom calls will be rampant.

MSU is a better "TEAM" than Wisky, and play decent "TEAM" ball. NC got the best "TALENT" individually on the floor. But Coach Roy is a poster child for choking, but I don't think the refs will allow that to happen.
Damn, You and Seat should start a mutual admiration society. You both have delusions of grandure.

That's precisely why you just brought on the bad karma, as Ill tanks it vs. a streaking Cardinal team. That's why there won't be two B10 teams. Hell, there may not be ONE in the final!

Nice job, Arch!

Oh, and don't count Paul Davis out vs. the bulky, slower May.
Oh, and don't sell Izzo and his defensive stratagy short, either.
You think he doesn't know what to do on May, you're nuts.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

May is gonna wipe the floor w/ Paul Davis.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

Left Seater wrote:Leave it to Babs to ignore the fact it was a foul and instead talk about the likelyhood of making the shot. Hey Babs, if dude never gets a chance to take the shot he has a 0% chance of making it. If he at least gets the chance there is always a chance it will go in.

As for the replays of the contact I didn't think that the contact was all that great from the side view. However, when they showed the view from the basket it is quite clear that there was both body contact and arm contact.

Now a question for those who think the official can't or shouldn't blow his whistle on that play. Would that be a foul in the first 10 minutes of the game? If so, why isn't it a foul at the end of the game? As officials we shouldn't change how the call the game because of the time of the game. If you are going to "let them play" in the last minute you had better "let them play" in the opening minute too, because there is nothing worse than changing your defintion of a foul during the game.
Where in the Fuck did you people find this asstard?

Man, you are one conceited bitch.

Those Regional finals games are officiated by guys you could'nt hold the Jock itch cream for, after they showered!! Dumbass. The contact was minimal, and Sparky was just as culpable! Great, great officiating. Let the players decide. As long as he wasn't hacked. Which ALL of reality saw, he was NOT.

Enjoy the game this saturday night!!!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

MSUFAN wrote:
Left Seater wrote:I guess there is the difference between football and basketball. Football guys have made those calls, (OSU v Miami to name one) while basketball guys don't.

What a smug son of a bitch you are.

Damn, dude.

Listen up, all you assholes.

That was NOT a foul. Ya know why?!

BECAUSE THE REFS NEVER CALLED ONE!!!!!

I've watched the game tape. And guys who have wittnessed 5,000 more NCAA games than YOU all have, (Packer and Nance) BOTH said it was a good No-Call. Torbert CLEARLY pulls away, trying to avoid contact. Mac CLEARLY leaned into him. Minimal at BEST contact = NO FOUL. Nance and Packer reiterated it 3 times during the 5 min. wait for the toe. WHICH , I might add, was called a TWO, by the only ref close to the shot! (Again, my tape proved it.) And if the call was a TWO, and there was NOT definative proof, (Which there wasn't!) to ALTER that call, the basket should have stayed a TWO.

Nuff said. End your bullshit NOW! We've got a CLASSIC Final Four coming up. Quit bringing everyone down.
RACK Lefty for inducing THAT melt. :lol:

It was a foul, Babs. Plain and simple. I had no stake in the game at all. None.

Good luck against Sean May. You're gonna need it.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Nice melt Babs.

You are right those officials are a ton better than I am. I don't know 1/100th of what they know.

Now that being said none of the officials called that shot a 2. The official to the shooters left raised his arm as the shot went up. That means he called it a 3 point shot. The official to the top made no call. So please tell us how you are claiming that this was a 2 point shot?

Also, if you watch the replay again you will see two officials watching this play. The official on the lower part of your screen leans in and is clearly staring directly at the shooters foot. The official at the top of the screen is screened from the play by a Kentucky player. Neither official is able to see the contact.

Finally just because the MSU player pulls off doesn't mean the officials should pass on contact. There was contact on the arm and the foul should have been called, regardless of what Packer and Nance said. They are no more qualified than you or I to say anything.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

The official to the shooters right and behind him was hesitant to call it a three because he didn't have the angle at first. As he moves into position, he raises his arm higher, doing the same thing that the other officials are already doing. Also, if his foot hadn't been so fuckin' close to the line, they WOULD have called a foul because it was a foul. However, Torbert, (call it smart, I call it lucky) was fouling with the upper body, not the lower... hence, no call.

Melt all you like Babs. Most people in your position would celebrate, not cry. But you're a crier. It's part of who your bitch ass is.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Buried_Nick

Post by Buried_Nick »

And us Bitches is still PLAYIN, right assholes!!!?

You all are the pussies who brought up a pansie assed touch foul. Talk about crying babies! :lol:

Deal!

NO foul. None called.

What I really can't wait for is how ND's new Troll, Obi-Wan, is going to blast us a new one this Sept.! Win or lose tonight, that's what I can't waot for.
That will be epic.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BUMP

Sorry Babs...nice run but not good enough. :wink: