Just in time for Black History Month

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Just in time for Black History Month

Post by Blitzkrieg »

7 black Houston firefighters sue, say city exam biased
“We don’t do as well on these multiple-choice tests,” said Capt. Otis Jordan, president of the Houston Black Firefighters Association. Jordan and the HBFA are not part of the suit. “I compare fighting a fire, riding an apparatus, to playing football. Your best athlete might not be the straight-A student.”
WTF?

and...
During standardized tests, minorities are also vulnerable to performance anxieties that stem from cultural stereotypes, Foster said. The result, he said, is that historically marginalized groups often do worse on tests, especially “high stakes” tests that affect one’s livelihood or future life path.
So black people are chokers? Are these people we want fighting fires?
Defense wins championships.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Re: Just in time for Black History Month

Post by Blitzkrieg »

mvscal wrote:
“We don’t do as well on these multiple-choice tests,” said Capt. Otis Jordan
The world needs ditch diggers, too.

If a black person had that job we'd have to call it "soil removal engineer", because "ditch digger" reinforces a negative stereotype about the kind of job that it is. It's important that black people feel good about themselves.

Also, digger sounds too much like... well you know.
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack the return of the galloping penis.

Fuck the Wings.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Funny, how newly arrived and seemingly similarly disenfranchised Asians don't seem to have problems with quickly coming to grips with our standardized tests.

Methinks it's a matter of choice...cultural choice.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Papa Willie wrote:I think they're going to find it a LOT harder to whine and bitch now since there's one in the WH.

Fuck that. From here on in it's going to be handout-mania. It's going to be like Trading Places where Eddie invites all of his friends from the ghetto over and they steal everything that isn't nailed down.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Blitzkrieg wrote: Fuck that. From here on in it's going to be handout-mania. It's going to be like Trading Places where Eddie invites all of his friends from the ghetto over and they steal everything that isn't nailed down.
C'mon man, that didn't happen. They were all cool at Billy Ray's crib, only a few peeps put they Kools out in his flo'.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

How the hell are they going to fight a fire. every Nog I know immediately throws a rack of pork ribs on when they see a fire going.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

campinfool wrote:How the hell are they going to fight a fire. every Nog I know immediately throws a rack of pork ribs on when they see a fire going.

It sounds like they're too fucking dumb to pass the test that would give them command positions anyway. Black guys just aren't bred for leadership.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Rack the return of the galloping penis.

No shit...where've you been, Blitz?
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

Papa Willie wrote:I think they're going to find it a LOT harder to whine and bitch now since there's one in the WH.
Less justified, maybe?

We should just surrender all of our white women.

If that doesn't even things up, nothing will.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Ana Ng wrote:We should just surrender all of our white women.

If that doesn't even things up, nothing will.
I direct your attention to Addendum 36D of the Stimulus Plan. However, there is a vetting process.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:Methinks it's a matter of choice...cultural choice.
Care to compare the cultures you are talking about?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sure...

There's the culture which stresses the importance of assimilation, education and achievement. This culture tends to produce a disproportionately large percentage of highly placed college students who then manage to go on to post graduate careers. This culture isn't afraid of standardized tests. They feel that the opportunities are there and it's their responsibility to learn how to succeed within these well known parameters.

Often times they're newly arrived to this country and they don't necessarily even speak English, yet they make no excuses. They find out what will be necessary to succeed in this culture, they prioritize success and they get with the program.

Then there's the culture which glorifies taking the path of least resistance. This culture glorifies crime, sporting prowess and a multitude of shallow virtues. They look down upon those members of their own group who endeavor to achieve mainstream success. They call them names, ridiculing them for wanting to better themselves.

This culture places very little priority on learning and acheivement focused assimilation. When they fail at standardized tests, tests which seem to pose no problem for other minority groups, they make excuses. They look to shift blame. They demand handouts, a lowering of the testing curve and other non effort based "remedies."

Meanwhile the first culture is sitting at home, studying...

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Sorry Van, my bad. I meant: Can you please tell us a bit about how these cultures you speak of evolved to produce 'different' members? ...as it were.

TIA
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

No, I'm not sure that I can, since that's nothing like anything I said and I'm not even sure what you mean. I'm not sure how it relates to what I said so I'm not sure I even agree with the basic premise.

Try it again, and try to make it clearly connect to something I said. Then I'll see if I can take a stab at it.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

One 'culture' was ripped from it moorings at one point though right? You took that into account right?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, those poor Chinese, vacationing here, minding their own business. Next thing they knew they were building our railroads.
Never saw it coming.

Didn't know the langauge. Smuggled into the country, without a dime to their names. What a fucked up vacation, huh? How in the fuck could so many of their kids ever manage to learn to become world class violinists, engineers, surgeons, etc...

You're right. It's a cruel, cruel world. Let's lower the testing standards. It'll make for a nice tribute to all those stupid unfortunates who arrived here via Ellis Island. In fact, let's include an open ended stip to lower the bar for everybody since it apparantly takes certain cultures hundreds of years to successfully assimilate here while others manage it in just a generation or two.

It's nobody's fault. Really.

Juice boxes and graham crackers for everybody! It's Let's Continue To Make Never Ending Excuses Day!

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:Smuggled into the country, without a dime to their names.
You were taught about 1882 right? And 1943? How dumb are you?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:... standardized tests ...
I Laughed.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Quit dancing. Expound. Tie it all together. Make your argument. Explain how blacks still should require lower testing standards for themselves, vs everyone else. Explain how it's correct that they feel the need to ask for lowered standards while first generation immigrants kicking ass in our culture don't.

Explain it however you want. Do so, with no more dancing, or we're through here.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote:Quit dancing.
Thanks for the recommendation Baryshnikov.
Explain how blacks still should require lower testing standards for themselves, vs everyone else.
Black's? You were talking about Black's? Why did you Dance around that for so Long?
Explain how it's correct that they feel the need to ask for lowered standards while first generation immigrants kicking ass in our culture don't.
So now you are equating 300 year old Black American Culture to what? New American transplants? Do Tell.
Explain it however you want. Do so, with no more dancing, or we're through here.
Go fuck yourself you Culturalist* POS.

*You might be a Racist too, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Unless we're through here. :lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, as expected, you danced. When put on the spot to explain your point you chickened out. You didn't make an argument.

As always, once spin is removed as a weapon and you're asked to simply stand and deliver you bail.

Oh, and yes, by all means I am a culturalist. I'm definitely not a racist but I'm absolutely a culturalist, and so are you. You're just too much of an intellectual coward to admit it.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote: I'm definitely not a racist ...
mvscal wrote: n...igger
Do you tards have to make it so easy?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:... n...iggers ...
You're on a roll you insipid cockhole.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

because you made them that way. you....and van.... stole their culture. same with their black cousins in the motherland. 'cept it was euro white devil rather than the yankee white devil that did it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/02/ca ... index.html
CNN -- Years ago, a frustrated boy with a violent temper attacked his own mother with a hammer (his older brother restrained him). He stabbed a schoolmate over a dispute about which radio station to listen to; the knife blade luckily hit a belt buckle.

That brash teen today is a world-renowned neurosurgeon and the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children's Center.

Dr. Benjamin S. Carson made medical history in 1987 by performing the first successful surgery that separated twins conjoined at the back of the head. He also became known for his expertise in pediatric brain tumors and methods of controlling seizures. In 2008, he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, this country's highest civilian honor.

Having come up from the streets of Detroit, Michigan, to receiving an award at the White House, Carson, 56, works to spread his gospel of education and hard work to motivate others.

He and his wife, Candy, started a scholarship foundation to help children with strong academics and humanitarian qualities to pay for college.

"I have at least 100,000 letters from kids and adults from around the world ... telling me how it changed their lives," Carson said. Their tales of transformations and redemption inspire him to keep talking about educational empowerment and overcoming adversity, he said.

An obstacle is a hurdle, and "you jump over it," Carson said. "Every time you see a hurdle, you jump over it, and it strengthens you for the next one. And if that's the case, you lead a victorious life, because whatever comes before you, you know you're going to get around it."

Carson was raised in Detroit, majored in psychology at Yale University and attended medical school at the University of Michigan, where he studied neurosurgery.

Carson's life has been told through plays, books and movies, including a TNT made-for-TV movie called "Gifted Hands," which airs Saturday. (TNT is part of Turner Broadcasting, which also owns CNN.) The biopic stars Academy Award winner Cuba Gooding Jr. as Carson.

"I think he's an angel, a gift from God," Gooding said. "He has touched a lot of people's lives."

Carson holds more than 50 honorary doctorates and hundreds of other awards. He's fortunate, he acknowledges, but this doctor does not believe in luck.

"I always say you make your own luck by being prepared," he said.

His mom pushed him hard.

Sonya Carson "would not accept the victim mentality. She wouldn't let us accept the victim mentality. No excuses. She didn't make excuses, and she didn't accept excuses," Carson said.

She turned off the TV, sent Carson and his brother to the library and made them write weekly book reports. Meanwhile, she worked several jobs to support her two sons. She is now 80 and lives with Carson in Baltimore, Maryland.

When Carson was young, he was influenced by stories about Booker T. Washington, a former slave who taught himself to read and later advised presidents, and the biblical character Joseph, who persevered though his brothers sold him into slavery.

"Those kinds of stories had an impact on me and helped me to believe it's not where you started, it's where you end that counts. And you have a whole lot to do with that," he said.

"Everybody has problems. They just come in different forms. If that problem for you becomes a containing fence, then you become a victim. Once you think you're a victim, you are one, and you're not going anywhere."

"My message is that the person who has the most to do with what happens to you is you," Carson said. "Not somebody else, and not the environment. If you have a normal brain, you're capable of incredible things."
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

"Everybody has problems. They just come in different forms. If that problem for you becomes a containing fence, then you become a victim. Once you think you're a victim, you are one, and you're not going anywhere."

IMHO, this sums up the entire black experience in this country.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

mvscal wrote:Exposing you as a takeless, mentally deficient fucktard is as easy as pointing out the simple fact that I'm not Van.

Care to take a stab at explaining why n...iggers are such pathetic fuck ups everywhere they can be found?
Yet, it has never stopped you from lining up as many n...iggers as you possibly can find and running through their jizz sprinklers as if you just got married or were being introduced to an NBA game.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

Blitzkrieg wrote:7 black Houston firefighters sue, say city exam biased
“We don’t do as well on these multiple-choice tests,” said Capt. Otis Jordan, president of the Houston Black Firefighters Association. Jordan and the HBFA are not part of the suit. “I compare fighting a fire, riding an apparatus, to playing football. Your best athlete might not be the straight-A student.”
WTF?

and...
During standardized tests, minorities are also vulnerable to performance anxieties that stem from cultural stereotypes, Foster said. The result, he said, is that historically marginalized groups often do worse on tests, especially “high stakes” tests that affect one’s livelihood or future life path.
So black people are chokers? Are these people we want fighting fires?
Mvscal is a black cock choker and you seem just fine fighting the fire in his pants.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Blitzkrieg wrote:

IMHO, this sums up the entire black experience in this country.
Humble my ass. How's life in LA you stupid piece of shit?