Super Bowl in game

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Super Bowl in game

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:
BSmack wrote:Nothing any sane person saw in that replay would have led to an overturn of that call. Period.
Bullshit. And, this coming from a lifelong Stiller fan. I'm at least grounded enough to put aside my bias and see that it COULD have been ruled a forward pass.
Only by an utterly incompetent referee could that play have been ruled a forward pass. I've see the play at least 50 times already from every conceivable angle. I will concede that the refs should have gone under the hood to shut up the hair gell and tennis fans. I will not concede what my eyes very clearly do not see. Especially after reviewing the video of the game on my PC. The simple fact is they got the call right.

BTW: If that pass had been ruled an incomplete pass, the Cards should have drawn a flag for an ineligible receiver, as the ball clearly bounced off at least one, and possibly 2 Cardinals linemen before hitting the ground. Oh, and zero props to said linemen for their complete lack off effort as they allowed Kiesel to scoop up the fumble uncontested. As they had their backs turned to Warner, they should have been diving for that ball.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shine wrote:Let's see:

Kurt Warner is trying to throw the ball -------> this direction bringing his arm forward.

Pitt defender brings his arm around from behind to knock the ball <------------ this direction stopping the pass attempt.

Ball goes -----------> this direction.

Yep, clearly a fumble and not the act of a QB attempting a forward pass which doesn't work due to good defense.

Not to mention that Holmes should have received a 15 yard penalty for his TD celebration giving AZ an extra 15 yards on the kickoff. In all liklihood Pitt still would have won the game but at a minimum AZ should have had one last chuck to the end zone from even closer than they were. With a stud WR like Fitzgerald who knows what may have happened.

Too bad the refs had such a hard time knowing when to throw the terrible towel and when to keep it in their pockets.
The rule is that not only must the QB's arm be coming forward but that he have complete control of the ball.. Warner clearly did not.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

PSUFAN wrote:
Crying about officiating is for pussies.
Crying or talking, what fun would it be if we didn't get to discuss officiating blunders? Every single team in the NFL gets their share of good and bad calls. Most accountable teams and fans own up to the fact that their team didn't get it done elsewhere in the game. The winners always get hated on in this forum. The bandwagon winners get hated on worse. You happen not to be a bandwagoner, so props on the win!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

You all are very clearly missing the point here.

This game shouldn't have been played to begin with. But due to bullshit tie rules and playoff alignment systems, this is the crap we had to settle for. It should've been Dallas/Pittsburgh and everybody knows it. But Dallas got fucked by the league because they were forced to play all those bullshit road games. This game would've been an epic defensive beatdown and Romo would've gone on to yet another 300 yard, 3 td Hall of Fame perfomance. Then he would've climbed into the stands after the win and fucked his fat girlfriend on national TV because dude's a STUD and I want to lick his balls.

-YAFJ
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:The winners always get hated on in this forum.
Everybody loves you Trev.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Look - Harrison was the defensive MVP this year - and he got a lot of sacks. He was held - blatantly - on virtually every down he rushed, and it was rarely called. Yet...that's the game.

Crying about officiating is for pussies.
The left tackle was flagged for holding at least three times, fucktard.

Who is crying about officiating now?
Did you read the whole post, simpleton? My point is that anyone who clacks out the "WE GOT HOSED!!" routine has a subjectively legitimate beef. With the zebras, you win some, and you lose some. It's part of the game.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

PSUFAN wrote: With the zebras, you win some, and you lose some. It's part of the game.
the officiating was fucking horrible....

two plays I can recall that had a marked impact on the game
the roughing call on Rothlisberger, and the non-call against Holmes for showboating on that last TD

should have been a 15 yd unsportsmanlike penalty on the kickoff and who knows what impact that might have had....the steelers definitely reaped the benefits from that officating crew...thing about it, that's supposedly the best crew they've got...
get out, get out while there's still time
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

mvscal wrote:What call did the Squealers get hosed on?
One in particular comes to mind- and I'm very surprised the media or Madden/Michaels didn't pick up on it.

Fitz's first TD catch- was most likely NOT a catch. Only in one of the replays can it be seen (from behind the endzone). They showed this replay juuuust before heading to commercial break after the TD. The tip of the ball pretty clearly hits the ground as he's coming down w/it. That was a blown call but can't blame Tomlin for not red-flagging it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:
mvscal wrote:What call did the Squealers get hosed on?
One in particular comes to mind- and I'm very surprised the media or Madden/Michaels didn't pick up on it.

Fitz's first TD catch- was most likely NOT a catch. Only in one of the replays can it be seen (from behind the endzone). They showed this replay juuuust before heading to commercial break after the TD. The tip of the ball pretty clearly hits the ground as he's coming down w/it. That was a blown call but can't blame Tomlin for not red-flagging it.
Nope, that's still a catch. The ball can hit the ground so long as the receiver possess and controls the ball all the way through the catch. It's called the Bert Emmanuel Rule.
A clarification of what is a pass reception was made by the committee; it doesn't have to be voted on, and will be used beginning with the 2000 season.

"A receiver has to have possession of the ball and control of the ball," Green said. "Then, if his knee hits the ground and the ball hits the ground, as long as he maintained control of the ball, it's a catch."

That interpretation could become known as the Bert Emanuel Rule. In the NFC championship game in January, Emanuel made a diving catch in the final two minutes. It was then reversed by the referee after examining the replay, because the tip of the ball touched the ground -- even though Emanuel never lost control.

This year, that catch will count.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... ations_ap/
The problem arguing over NFL rules is that most of the people you talk too don't know what the fuck they are talking about. This rule is a classic example of that. Now if you want to argue that Fitz lost control after the nose of the ball hit the ground, then you "might " have something. But that something is hardly the kind of conclusive evidence needed to overturn a call on the field.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... rss&feed=2
Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett had a different take, applauding the officials' efforts.

"There were a lot of emotions going through the game and I think everybody wanted to put their foot down and let everybody know, there are no punks out there on either side of the ball. There were a lot of things going on and (the officials) were letting guys play. They knew it was the Super Bowl and that it was for all the marbles. I appreciate them for that."
By the way - I doubt I have to remind many of you of this:
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Ken wrote:
BSmack wrote:Nothing any sane person saw in that replay would have led to an overturn of that call. Period.
Bullshit. And, this coming from a lifelong Stiller fan. I'm at least grounded enough to put aside my bias and see that it COULD have been ruled a forward pass.
Massive Fucking RACK

Welcome to the NFL forum, Ken. Kick your feet up, grab a beer, and make sure to roll in here around draft time and preseason. Great smack and great peeps (with the exception of B_Theft)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RJ wrote:
Ken wrote:
Massive Fucking RACK

Welcome to the NFL forum, Ken. Kick your feet up, grab a beer, and make sure to roll in here around draft time and preseason. Great smack and great peeps (with the exception of B_Theft)
RJ you ignorant slut. Ken has been hitting drivers to Par 3's around here for years. Spare him the welcome wagon bullshit.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Posted without comment

RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Back from the local Western Union so soon, BriNona Ryder? Someone ask Wolfman to check his pockets.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

KC Scott wrote:Posted without comment

Where's the ejectable offense? Harrison never used a closed fist. The call was right on the money and Madden was absolutely full of shit as usualm.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Posted without comment

Where's the ejectable offense? Harrison never used a closed fist. The call was right on the money and Madden was absolutely full of shit as usualm.
jeesus, I can't believe your actually employing a "where was the closed fist" analogy in defending that sort of reprehensible behavior....the play was no where near Harrison...

that cat is a fuckin thug straight up
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:Where's the ejectable offense?

The part where he swings his arm and delivers a blow to the guy's neck/shoulder. Do you really think it's okay to take a swing like that just because "he didn't use a fist?"
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:Where's the ejectable offense?

The part where he swings his arm and delivers a blow to the guy's neck/shoulder. Do you really think it's okay to take a swing like that just because "he didn't use a fist?"
For those that can't access pb at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9iVXB08 ... re=related

1:12 into the video..

Pretty fucking clear that Harrison wasn't "playing" to the whistle in this play. As Ucan't had said earlier, Harrison was all about picking on the little guy and showing is true thug side. There is no doubt he should have been tossed.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

B-smack- Giving homers a bad name, worldwide.

Take an effing step back, b-homer. Pretend you're, I dunno, #47's pencil neck. Pretend that you just took a shot damned near, maybe even to it.

Not worthy of being kicked out of the game, for sure, but definitely thuggish and worthy of the personal foul.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Ken wrote:I dunno, #47's pencil neck.

You must have a neck like Butterbean then.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:B-smack- Giving homers a bad name, worldwide.

Take an effing step back, b-homer. Pretend you're, I dunno, #47's pencil neck. Pretend that you just took a shot damned near, maybe even to it.

Not worthy of being kicked out of the game, for sure, but definitely thuggish and worthy of the personal foul.
That was exactly what I said. I believe I said that he deserved the penalty but that Madden was full of shit for saying that it rated an ejection. Christ, if that rated an ejection, then guys like Jack Lambert and George Atkinson should have been banned for life. Learn to read and get back to me.

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... 23#p574523

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:Christ, if that rated an ejection, then guys like Jack Lambert and George Atkinson should have been banned for life. Learn to read and get back to me.

You do realize this is a different century with different rules and stuff, right? He beats women to boot. Your boy is a punk. I thought the whole body slamming that idiot who ran on the field that day was funny... at the time. Looking back, it's quite apparent he just enjoys wailing on people who can't defend themselves. He's gonna make a good prison bitch some day. It's inevitable.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The failure to eject Harrison was a fucking travesty.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the zebras were awfully friendly to the Steelers.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

UCant,

Are you talking about the Super Bowl or doing a psychological profile? I said back when his domestic issues became public that he made a horrible mistake. One for which he's going to always be under scrutiny for. If he fucks up again, I'll be the first to say the Rooney's should wash their hands of him. Period. This ain't KC Paul you're talking with.

That being said, what you're saying about him finding the "smallest guy on the field" is completely idiotic. James Harrison makes his living squaring up head to head with some of the LARGEST guys on the field. And I've got a whole lot of game video that shows Harrison going play after play against these guys, and doing it well enough that he's the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:James Harrison makes his living squaring up head to head with some of the LARGEST guys on the field. And I've got a whole lot of game video that shows Harrison going play after play against these guys
who gives a shit....that's what he's payed to do

going "head to head with some of the LARGEST guys on the field" in no way justifies his thugish behavior or his brutal attack on Francisco
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:who gives a shit....that's what he's payed to do

going "head to head with some of the LARGEST guys on the field" in no way justifies his thugish behavior or his brutal attack on Francisco
His "brutal attack"? Back away from the pipe. Christ, there's more brutality during an average tackle than there was on that play.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:James Harrison makes his living squaring up head to head with some of the LARGEST guys on the field.
Doesn't make him any less of a punk for those antics.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:who gives a shit....that's what he's payed to do

His "brutal attack"? Back away from the pipe. Christ, there's more brutality during an average tackle than there was on that play.
look bud, it's no skin off my nose if you want to continue to defend a thug linebacker that opts to flex his muscles against a second string 207 pound special teamer that's laying on the ground approximately 30 yards away from the ball

helluva play Harrison...

so what's next for this gangster allstar linebacker taking out the Cardinals waterboy?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Another thread, another example of M_Bezzle making a complete fucking fool out of himself...

Kind of like the sun rising in the east (except BSmacked does his deal much more frequently than the sun does).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:look bud, it's no skin off my nose if you want to continue to defend a thug linebacker that opts to flex his muscles against a second string 207 pound special teamer that's laying on the ground approximately 30 yards away from the ball helluva play Harrison...so what's next for this gangster allstar linebacker taking out the Cardinals waterboy?
I already said he deserved to be penalized. I'd even be fine with a small fine. My objection was with the idiots who were parroting Madden's calls for Harrison to be ejected. And I definitely take issue with your characterization of that play as a "brutal attack" on Francisco. It was over the line, but hardly brutal. Now THIS is brutal.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Dinsdale wrote:M_Bezzle
:lol: :lol:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:Now THIS is brutal.
No.

that was a clean, hard hit against the guy running with the ball.

Were any flags thrown on that play? Doubtful.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
BSmack wrote:Now THIS is brutal.
No.

that was a clean, hard hit against the guy running with the ball.

Were any flags thrown on that play? Doubtful.
Nope. No flags on that play. Just saying that it was a hell of a lot more violent than what Harrison was doing.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

So James Harrison socks a special teams scrub a few times...and RJ's tampon plug explodes from his plungerbox ahead of a towering geyser of menses, and then he dons a Kobe avatar?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! This is getting pretty damn good.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:Nope. No flags on that play. Just saying that it was a hell of a lot more violent than what Harrison was doing.

You are quite the retard, aren't you?

You're the type of douchebag who would back up her "the police didn't use excessive force against Rodney King argument" with some... "because here's a video of some n|igger being shot full of lead in a drive-by"... see, it could have been worse? Seriously, fuck you and your woman abusing player.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Seriously, fuck you and your woman abusing player.
We were being serious? Since when?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown