Gruden just got fired

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Gruden just got fired

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

http://www.bradenton.com/737/story/1160376.html

He'll end up with the fuckin Jets, and the Bucs will bring in someone like Spags or Haslett.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Gruden just got fired

Post by poptart »

Wonderboy to KC?

I could see it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

he's an offensive genius :meds:

guy rode Dungy team and kiffins defense to every win he had.

Once the buccs hired his buddy from raiders to be GM, the franchise was in toruble. they still have yet to address getting a #1 wr. joey galloway is not a #1. clayton is a #3 at best

no qb's. but he's an offensive genius
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Gruden had pretty good personnel to work with in Oakland, as he did at the beginning in Tampa Bay.
To his credit, he was organized and he got guys to bust @ss for him.
He was also able to co-exist successfully with Al ... for a while.

He got results.

As an "offensive mind" he is actually quite conservative.

Defensively, yeah, Daddy Kiffin gets the bulk of the credit in Tampon.

Some of the bloom is off of Gruden's rose, compared to how he was viewed 6 or 7 yrs ago.

I think he's an above average NFL head coach.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

poptart wrote:Wonderboy to KC?

There ya go Wags. I want Chuckie.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Pop hit the nail on the head. Gruden was conservative as hell, and overrated as fuck.

The second Bill Callahan pulled off the reigns from Gannon and co the year after Gru bounced, they shattered records and tore shit up until the Super Bowl. Gannons neck injury derailed the following season. Looking back, its pretty damn obvious that Gannon's perfectionist surly ass was the true one running the offense. Gru was the direct beneficiary of Gannon being a mensa member and taking absolutely no shit from the rest of the team and getting in thier faces during games and practices if they fucked a route up, didnt block thier man or pick up the blitz, ect.

Besides the Super Bowl win against us (he knew our entire fucking playbook and Gannons audibles), he did jack shit with the talent in Tampon. In fact, that team is much worse off now than when he arrived....which is very telling.

Bottom line-The Queefs are stuck with Herm for one more year. Deal with it.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Oh, and for the record-I'd welcome back Chucky and Bruce Allen in a fucking heartbeat. If anything, I could see that happening with Gru and Al, since they have both come out and said they respect each other greatly over the past few years....hell, Gru said that this season about Al and highly praised Russell's skills.

I could see it happening. It would shock the fuck out of me to see Bruce and JG here....which would be right on par with something Alcula's attention whoring ass would do during Super bowl week to get major headlines.....or, instead of Bruce Allen, the OG Raider GM Ron Wolf.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

kcdave wrote:
poptart wrote:Wonderboy to KC?

There ya go Wags. I want Chuckie.
Why?

I don't feel strongly either way.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RJ wrote: Bottom line-The Queefs are stuck with Herm for one more year. Deal with it.
If so, it's because they feel there's not a better coach available at this point.

I can live with that, but they better make their mind up quick and not let this thing drag on past the SB.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Gruden is still a pretty attractive coach and I don't know why he would want to come back to Oakland, James.

Would look like a step backwards to me.

Relatively low pay and having to deal with Al again?

I just don't see it.

But I guess you can never say never to something happening, ... especially when the Raiduhs are involved.

Seeing what Gruden was able to do with good personnel in both Oakland and early Tampa, do you think Jerry Jone's ears perked up?

I think Bruce Allen coming back to Oaktown is more likely than Gruden coming back, but I don't expect that, either.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Of course, dave will never respond to a direct question.

Upon further reflection, I don't want a damn thing to do with Gruden. Too much smack under the bridge. Same with Shanarat.

Herm may be an idiot when it comes to late game decision making, but at least he's our idiot.

Even idiots can learn.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Not his fault, though. Tampon gave up way too many draft picks to get him. Of course Alvis pissed them down his leg.
That he did.

Oakland got two 1sts and two 2nds for Gruden at a VERY opportune time, as their roster was seriously aged and in need of youthful talent.

Six years after their Super Bowl appearance, they haven't won more than five games in any season.

Oakland needs a GM.

- Marcus