Question for Texas fans...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Question for Texas fans...

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Who are you pulling for in the MNC game?

I'm just curious because I found myself in a similar situation back in 2001/early '02. The feeling at that time was that if Nebraska upset Miami in the MNC game, the winner of the Fiesta Bowl (CU v. Oregon) would most likely win the AP MNC. Before either game was played, I was pretty adamant that even if CU won the Fiesta (which they didn't, obviously), I'd rather see them finish as the consensus #2 than split an MNC with Nebraska, the Buffs' most hated rival and a team they'd already proven they were better than to the tune of 62-36.

So do you guys feel the same way? Or is an MNC so important that you'd suck it up and cheer for OU, your most hated rival and a team you already beat by two scores on a neutral field?
"Keys, woman!"
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Question for Texas fans...

Post by Left Seater »

Most of the Texas posters don't see me as a Texas fan, while many others do. Prolly means I got it about right.

So for what it is worth I am pulling for OU. As if there was any doubt.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I'm torn. I wouldn't mind seeing them win it for the conference and all the classy OU posters here. Onthe other hand I will not be heartbroken if the get waxed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I don't think you really ever know until the game actually starts. that's my experience watching UT over the years. you can tell yourself all kinds of stuff, but until it gets visceral it's all words.

i get the watching a rival play for it thing, but i don't think CU-NU 01 is a great comparison to OU-UT 08. the RRR was a helluva football game, CU-NU 01 was a total asskicking. you can argue OU doesn't belong because they lost head to head to UT in October, but NU got shit-heeled in their last regular season game to a 2 loss CU team (one of those a 41-7 pasting in Austin).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Part of me still wishes we could win the AP vote but after seeing USC and Utah I realize now that there is no way Texas will be able to do anything in their bowl game to garner enough support to get the AP title.

With that said I will pull for Florida.

Simple reason is that Stoops with another MNC would give him extra stuff to offer recruits, we already see that happening in Texas with LSU we don't need it to happen with Oklahoma.

Looking at it right now Texas has a damn good chance of playing for all the marbles next year so I won't worry too much either way, but I still feel cheated that we are not playing for the MNC so I gotta pull for the team that didn't benefit from Texas getting screwed.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

This is tough for me. There are a few teams that I hate with a mad passion.....The U, Notre Dame, UCLA, Florida and OU. One part of me would like to see the BIG XII kick the shit out of hte SEC to shut all the pundits up. The other part of me is tired of hearing about the stats that OU puts up. If stats meant MNC, then give it to Texas Tech every year. I doubt that Texas will get a split in the polls if we win on Monday and OU barely beats Florida. I also would love to see Stoops throw his visor. That being said, I am Switzerland on this deal. I still feel that Texas got jobbed. That is a bitter taste. The good thing for us is that this was not our year and most Texas fans look at this season as a bonus cockteasing. We got the tip in before we were told to stop. Next season we ream that motherfucker out and we should be in Pasadena in January 2010.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Although I am a UH grad, I am a Texas fan at heart. In saying that, I pull for all Big XII schools in the bowl games including OU. Part of me wants Florida to win in a close game and the other part of me wants OU to win in a close game making the AP writers think about USC, Utah, and Texas (if they win) when they cast their ballots.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

If Texas rolls Ohio State and OU/Florida is a scabdick the AP-vote could be a real mess between Utah, USC, and Texas getting votes.

If OU wins Texas will be going on about their two-score win over OU and their only loss being at the last second. If Utah wins they'll go-on about being undefeated and having beaten 'bama by two scores. USC will point to the pac's bowl record and the fact that they're probably the most feared team in the country right now.

I'm torn. I'm a 12-fan and feel for Texas but love an underdog and would love seeing Utah kick the system in the sack.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I am hoping for a 0-0 tie going into the 8th overtime because both teams run out of eligible players. the night before will be a huge story about how both teams have numerous players ineligible for both academics and leagl issues. Both teams will end up starting all walk ons with OU running a kicker under center. This has to happen. Because everyone knows if a player does not go to Texas it is because they are cheating, can't qualify academically, or a bad seed with a criminal past.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

see i figure its a win-win for Texas fan. if OU wins they can claim bode on the MNC. and Bode for the b12. if OU loses then they can laugh at OU and they have a legit claim at bitching they were left out.

its a win-win.

that is as long as they take care of business tomorrow night
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

^^^ yep, but only to a certain extent.

Ole Miss thinks they could stomp the steer shit outta' the Longhorns.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:I don't think you really ever know until the game actually starts. that's my experience watching UT over the years. you can tell yourself all kinds of stuff, but until it gets visceral it's all words.
I have to completely agree with you there KC.

My father was instructor at UT when I was in High school and that's why I went to HS in Austin. I actually have a good deal of UT gear in my home; a couple of coffee mugs (ROTC with the a Big longhorn symbol, just a regular, a holiday bowl mug), a frozen UT Beer Mug, a UT hat a friend gave me as a joke for my birthday once, etc.

I was still married when Texas played USC. I swore right up until the day of the game I would root for USC because I didn't think I could stomach a texass national title but after a listening to all the bullshit about how USC was the greatest team ever I was just sick of it. Of my three closest friends two are UT grads and the third is another OU grad out here. My ex went out with one of their's girlfriend's shopping that afternoon and was shocked when they met us at the bar to see me in my Jason White Jersey but with the black Texass hat and a my UT beer mug at the table; the other Sooner in our group also wore a black Longhorn hat. It made me ill to see them holding the trophy but I damn sure was screaming for the Bonghorns during the game.

I'm still thankful I took the batteries out of the camera or their might have been blackmail material of me...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Bama's not showing up killed the high of an unexpectedly good season in T-town.
On the contrary, Alabama showed up. So did another team better than them.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Well, I can't say that I've never cheered for Nebraska. As most of you know, I grew up in NE and have a bunch of family & friends who are Husker fans. I had a brief period of insanity in the early '90s when I actually started to feel a little sorry for the Husker fans I knew, since they had suffered through so many near misses. I even knew one of the NU O-linemen at the time, and I guess the strain of living in NE for so long finally wore me down. So on Jan. 1, 1994, I did something I thought I'd never do. I cheered for Nebraska when they played Florida St. in the Orange Bowl. I'm ashamed to say that I was genuinely bummed when Bennett missed that kick on the last play of the game that would've given Nebraska their first NC in 20+ years. For some reason, I made the same mistake a year later and cheered for Nebraska again as they finally did break through and beat Miami for Dr. Tom's first MNC. Mere minutes after the game ended, I suddenly snapped out of it and realized the folly of my ways - I had just lost the small amount of 'bode that I had over all my Husker fan friends (namely that at least my favorite team had won an MNC in my lifetime). And my dumb ass was cheering for it to happen. I've never cheered for Nebraska since.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BTW... I'll be cheering for Texass this evenning as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

campinfool wrote:I'm torn. I wouldn't mind seeing them win it for the conference and all the classy OU posters here. On the other hand I will not be heartbroken if the get waxed.
See? I'm not torn. F*ck the Big 12, and f*ck Tejas. It's simple, really. Don't get me wrong. Because of this d*mn board, whenever Tejas beats someone, I usually think, "God, that sucks for those Tejas fans on the message board."

NO! I DON'T!

When Tejas wins, and their fans are able to act like they've been there before, good for them. Whatever. I don't like it, but...

Ya know, I can't even say that. I blatantly and openly root against Tejas football (I like Rick Barnes... I do NOT root for the team he is coaching, but I like Rick Barnes...) at every available opportunity, and I don't feel bad about doing it. In fact, with the exception of Baylor ('cause really, come ON, man) and Nebraska, (a rivalry borne of respect and championships) I could give a f*ck about any team IN the Big 12. I'm not one of those, "rah-rah, our conference" guys. I care about OU. I like when the conference does well, yes. But I CERTAINLY do not root for rivals, in ANY situation.

That's part of what I hate so much about OSU (Oklahoma State, not the good one) fans. Most of them, when pressed, will say something to the effect of, "Well, I root for OU as long as they're not playing OSU." Most OU fans, when asked about OSU, answer, "Who?" I can't respect ANY fanbase that would do something like that...

Tonight, I'm an Ohio State fan; and, as of the last time I saw the score, also an idiot. So be it. I'd rather beat off with sandpaper and then f*ck a salty lemon than root for Tejas, though. Believe that.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Mace wrote:Wow! You really don't like Texas. Rack that.
Don't believe a word of it, Mace. Secretly, he was giggling like a little school girl, knowing the PAC 10 bunch here was secretly rooting for tOSU.

Hey, it's the little things that count.