Coach of the Year?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Coach of the Year?

Post by poptart »

Tony Sparano

Took the 'Phins from 1-15 to 11-5 and division champs.

Tip of the cap to Mike Smith, Jeff Fisher, Mike Tomlin, John Fox, John Harbaugh.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Coach of the Year?

Post by Shoalzie »

All the names you mention get some props...Sparano gets my vote. Pennington also gets some major props on taking a 1-15 team last year to the playoffs after being thrown out by the Jets like yesterday's trash. Seeing him beat Favre was pretty sweet...RACK the 'Phins!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sparano and Smith should be the only 2 candidates for this award.

Sparano will probably win it seeing how bad the Dolphins were last season, but Smith should get the nod since he had a rookie playing QB all season and they came within one game of winning the division.
Last edited by MuchoBulls on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Smith - Toughest Division to get through with the most established competition and they almost won it.
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Wade Phillips.

Sin,
YAFJ
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I hope Sparano gets coach of the year. He certainly looked very smart against all those AFC West and NFC West teams. But I just can't help but wonder how stupid he's going to look against NFC South and AFC South teams next year.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Sparano did awesome, but I'd have to give the nod to Smith because of the division they played in. Not only that, but they were legit from day one. Rack Smith for getting over with a rookie QB and a shitty defense.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Sparano is the pick. Smith did well no doubt, but Atlanta had the benefit of playing in a division in which NO couldn't stop anyone, Tampa collapsed, and division winner Carolina, had a one dimensional offense. I see beating out NE even without Brady for the AFC East division title as a bigger accomplishment.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Are you fucking kidding me? How in the fuck is Carolina a one dimensional offense?
Please, please explain that one. :lol:

There is a difference between being one dimensional and incapable on one side and being able to dictate what you prefer, using what you need when you have to. OMFG, a passing attack of Delhomme to Smith is one dimensional or no, you must mean DeAnge and J-Stew, yea. Wow.

The South nearly had 3 teams in the playoffs and its shittiest team could still beat the scoreboard on just about anybody.....where were you going with this again? Yea, nowhere.

The NFC South would anihilate the AFC East bra.
Last edited by PISC on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

PISC wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? How in the fuck is Carolina a one dimensional offense?
Please, please explain that one. :lol:
A team that can stop the run & put the game on Delhomme's shoulders will beat Carolina....end of story.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

A team that can stop the run, can stop just about any team jack. So you're talking about defenses now...that make teams one dimensional?
Just who is going to do that in the NFC by the way? LOL
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

What I also know you don't get is, it doesn't get put on Jake as much as it get put on Steve and Moose, especially with Steve. They both have to do their job and with Steve's athleticism, they make it happen. Could David Carr do what so many seem to find so easy now? You must not have been watching much last year to make a claim that this panther team is one dimensional, hell you haven't been watching for 4, 5 6 years, lol. There is no way you can say the Panther offense is one dimensional with Williams, Smith and Delhomme, it's just idiotic.

When they face, BAL, PIT, TEN, etc. okay but WHO THE FUCK USN'T FOOL???
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

A summary of Carolina's touchdowns in their last 8 games:

Passing TDs - 6 (average .75 per game)

Running TDs - 22 (average 2.75 per game)

Over that span Delhomme averaged 188 passing yards per game.......zzzzzzzz.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I gotta go with Sparano as well. I'm a Titans fan and would have loved to see Fisher get more love, but the Titans were a playoff team last year and won the division this year. Had Brady not been injured, New England most likley wins the AFC East and Miami would probably be the 6 seed. While still noteworthy, it ain't a division title. I woul give it to Smith at that point. Fisher is #3 in my book.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Papa Willie wrote:Dolphins were starting to show hopes at the end of last season.
Huh?

They were 1-15 and the only win was week 15 vs. a then pathetic Ravens team.

Not to diminish the Falcons record, but Miami didn't have Abraham, Brookings, Miloy etc. to build on.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

KC Scott wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Dolphins were starting to show hopes at the end of last season.
Huh?

They were 1-15 and the only win was week 15 vs. a then pathetic Ravens team.

Not to diminish the Falcons record, but Miami didn't have Abraham, Brookings, Miloy etc. to build on.
Never mind 'spray. In fact, I'm thinking this "'spray" has got to be a troll. He never used to be this big of a homer in CFB or NFL forums.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

PISC wrote:
The South nearly had 3 teams in the playoffs and its shittiest team could still beat the scoreboard on just about anybody.....where were you going with this again? Yea, nowhere.

No way in hell the NFC South is better than the NFC East. The NFC South played against the AFC fucking WEST and the NFC North. Thanks for coming. And what was the NFC South's record this year vs. the NFC East? How about 0-4? :lol: A complete fraud of a division.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
PISC wrote:

No way in hell the NFC South is better than the NFC East. The NFC South played against the AFC fucking WEST and the NFC North. Thanks for coming. And what was the NFC South's record this year vs. the NFC East? How about 0-4? :lol: A complete fraud of a division.
Quit trolling, dude. :D
Trolling or not, he is right.
Dreams......Temporary Madness