:UPDATE: A-Rod vs. "the Hillbilly" Week 16

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

.m2
I swear to god . . .

:UPDATE: A-Rod vs. "the Hillbilly" Week 16

Post by .m2 »

9. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers....basically a "rookie" on a shit team with no defense or O-Line.

vs.

14. Brett Favre, New York Jets.... a team loaded with talent and the best O-Line money can buy.

http://www.mortgageloancalculating.com/ ... tings.html

Game over.

the truth
Last edited by .m2 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: :UPDATE: A-Rod vs. "the Hillbilly" Week 14

Post by poptart »

The Pukers scored more points, gained more yards, and had a MUCH better record last year, with the "Hillbilly" under center, than they do this year with surfer boy taking snaps.

Facts.

Yep, the defense was much better last year than this, sure, I grant you that.

The Jets, on the other hand, have scored more points, gained more yard, and have a MUCH better record this year, with the Hillbilly under center, than they did last year.

More facts.

Nice thread, dipshit.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

poptart wrote:The Pukers scored more points, gained more yards, and had a MUCH better record last year, with the "Hillbilly" under center, than they do this year with surfer boy taking snaps.

Facts.

Yep, the defense was much better last year than this, sure, I grant you that.

The Jets, on the other hand, have scored more points, gained more yard, and have a MUCH better record this year, with the Hillbilly under center, than they did last year.

More facts.

Nice thread, dipshit.

...and only a "tennis player" who is a fan of the worst NFL franchise in HISTORY (6 straight years of 11 loses or more)...

Would think David Woodley is a better QB than Dan Marino.... your scenario, not mine.

the truth
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dumbshit, the Dolphins IMPROVED in pts scored and yards gained (and had essentially the same record) in Marino's first season, compared to what they did with Woodley (in a strike-shortened season) the year before.

If anything, "A-Knob" has made the Packers worse.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

poptart wrote:
If anything, "A-Knob" has made the Packers worse.

Now we know why "ownership" is EQUAL to the fan base.

Intellectually that is.

the truth
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Jets 9-5
Packers 5-9

Your witness...
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:If anything, "A-Knob" has made the Packers worse.
I think Ted Thompson gets credit for that one. $25 million under the cap, and he does nothing to improve the team. The offensive line sucks, as does the defensive line, and he let one of the DL starters walk. And the Packers have lost 6 games by a total of 18 points. Rodgers will be fine given a little seasoning and a lot more protection.

A-Rod plays for the Yankees, BTW, and bears no responsibility for the Packers dismal showing this year.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:
I think Ted Thompson gets credit for that one. $25 million under the cap, and he does nothing to improve the team. The offensive line sucks, as does the defensive line, and he let one of the DL starters walk. And the Packers have lost 6 games by a total of 18 points. Rodgers will be fine given a little seasoning and a lot more protection.

I think we saw how important a good line is in the case of the Jets and Packers. The Jets invested money in theirs and they've now got one of the best ground games in the league. Meanwhile, the Packers ground game took a step back. Rodgers did about as well as anyone could've reasonably expected. I think the Packers performance is probably the bigger surprise. That defense has a rough year with injuries. I expected the Packers to still make the playoffs with Rodgers but I don't many expected the uprising from some of the teams in NFC South...the Pack went 0-4 against teams in that division.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Goober McTuber wrote:

A-Rod plays for the Yankees, BTW, and bears no responsibility for the Packers dismal showing this year.
The line play has been horrid this season. I think Rodgers has done better than most people expected in his first year as a starter. My only knock on him is his inability to make the big throw with the game on the line. When the Packers needed a game winning drive- or a drive to seal a win they just couldn't get it done. Granted, the offensive line is partially to blame for that. When the defense has their ears pinned back on an obvious pass play our line has just crumbled. It's tough to run a two minute drill when you are either on your back or don't even have time to set your feet when throwing. The line also leads the league in holding penalties, which has killed many drives.

The root of the Packers issues this year is on defense though. They were expected to be a top ten- or even top five defense, but instead are ranked like 24th right now. As Goobs said above- the pass rush has been terrible at best this season. Cullen Jenkins is second on the team with only two and a half sacks. Having your number two guy so low is bad enough, but Jenkins hasn't even played since week four due to a season ending injury.

It will be interesting to see how Thompson addresses this offseason. Last season he was praised for spending wisely and building the team from the draft. That idea has blown up in his face this season, so hopefully he will open up the wallet and at least attempt to address some of the issues on this team.

My only hope for this season is that they don't lose to the Lions in week 17 :oops:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

packwin13 wrote:My only hope for this season is that they don't lose to the Lions in week 17 :oops:

Be glad that game is at Lambeau. I'd pick the Lions to beat the Packers if the game was out of the elements at Ford Field.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Shoalzie wrote:
packwin13 wrote:My only hope for this season is that they don't lose to the Lions in week 17 :oops:

Be glad that game is at Lambeau. I'd pick the Lions to beat the Packers if the game was out of the elements at Ford Field.
That worked out well for Green Bay against Carolina and Houston this winter
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: :UPDATE: A-Rod vs. "the Hillbilly" Week 16

Post by .m2 »

.m2 wrote:9. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers....basically a "rookie" on a shit team with no defense or O-Line.

vs.

14. Brett Favre, New York Jets.... a team loaded with talent and the best O-Line money can buy.

It's just getting worse for "the hillbilly".

http://www.mortgageloancalculating.com/ ... tings.html

7. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers.... at the TOP of the Class.

18. Brett Favre, New York Jets.... at this point, he's not even an "average" NFL qb.

the truth